Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery Hostess?

Well,

I have a neighbor who is going to be doing an open house, but she is looking to do a mystery hostess.

Here's the deal. She sells three different homebased business products- non of which are SU! (I do this).

What she wants to do is for this is hand out tickets from which she will draw the hostess for each company she sells for PROVIDED she gets enough orders in to make a party out of each.

Here's what she is going to do...

Attend the open house- get 2 tickets
Book a party = 10 tickets
sign on as a consultant = 20 tickets
place an order over $25 = 10 tickets/ 10 tickets for every $25 spent
uninvited guest= 3 tickets
oustide orders= 5 tickets per order
R.S.V.P= 3 tickets

From whatever people order from is what basket she will put the tickets in... From there she will pick the hostess.

I asked her if she would do something different if someone had a large order let's say $100 and they too had a friend who placed an outside order of $100. Would she make that a seperate party for that person and she said "NO" that they would get so many tickets for that company in hopes that they would be the hostess.

Do you think that is right? I told her that I wouldn't like that and that I would want the hostess bennies myself. If I am spending that much and it's MY FRIEND placing such a large order I wouldn't want to 'chance' not getting the bennies.

So I told her that I would post my question on here and see what all of you have done. I know that there are people on here that sell numerouse different products and am looking for different ideas on what she can do.

Have you done mystery hostess? I have but then those who have the $150 orders for SU! get their own party etc.

What have you done if those people have had enough to have their own party?

Any info will be very helpful!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 03:07 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

As a customer, if I really wanted the hostess benefits and I was planning to purchase $100, I would book my own party that day and then wait to put in an order until my party. Even if is was just a catalog party for my friend and me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 04:22 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappen
As a customer, if I really wanted the hostess benefits and I was planning to purchase $100, I would book my own party that day and then wait to put in an order until my party. Even if is was just a catalog party for my friend and me.

Ditto...

Book a show, get your 10 tickets and then place your order with your friends order and get the hostess bennies... And if you're lucky, you'll also be the mystery hostess...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

i would say book your own...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2007, 06:01 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Those of you who are consultants of SU! and other companies- have you ever had an open house where you selected a MYSTERY HOSTESS from tickets?

If you have, what did you do with those people that had the large orders, big enough to have a party of their own?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2007, 06:05 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks ladies for you imput.

I too would end up booking my own show and not take my chances on not getting the hostess bennies.

She didn't understand that I would be upset if I would place such a large order and then have the hostess be someone who only purchased $25.

I DO NOT plan on spending that much at her open house. I may just by a couple things, but my point she doesn't get.

Do you think this is why people didn't show up the last time she did this with a friend?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2007, 06:42 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Michelle, I think Mystery Hostess parties mostly benefit those who usually only place small orders AND do not want to host a party in thier home. Also, from what I have seen other demos do--it is more focused on a fun night out.

You are right, it is probably not the time to place a huge order, but it could be a lot of fun and a great time to order a stamp set you have had your eye on and perhaps bulk up your supply of paper.

Just my opinion.

my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2007, 07:06 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

If it was me and I wanted to spend a lot I would just book a party. But one of my friends has done this (she sells pampered chef, tupperware, and something else that I can't remember) and she never had an order over $25 because most people spread their money around all 3 companies instead of spending a ton with just 1. But if someone was going to spend a lot with one company I would just encourage them to book and save it for their own party also. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I don't think that the Demo is being unreasonable. When I attend a party that someone else is hosting I know that my order, no matter this size, goes toward their hostess benefits. It's a matter or courtesy. However, if I need to place an order big enough to get hostess benefits I book my own party and just place a small order at the other hostess' party. I think you have been given some good suggestions. Place a small order and book a party, then have your friend order at your party. It seems like a good compromise to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2007, 05:15 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I think the mystery hostess thing is an incentive to buy something at the open house. No one will know (except the demo) how much the mystery hostess actually spent that night. I've been to demo hosted open houses where there are door prize drawings base on how much you spent (ie- $25, $50, etc).
Don't worry about tomorrow, each day has enough trouble of it's own. (Matthew 6:34)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

If you are looking for other SU demos input, you may want to post this on the demo side as well, since there are a number of demos who don't come here....

Personally, if I was going, I would order $25 from my favorite of the 3 companies, RSVP, and show up and MAYBE book a show (depending on how much I liked the products....) I think she may loose sales doing it this way....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2007, 02:10 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I wanted to thank you and your demo because I think this is a great idea!!!! Granted my sister and I only do SU so we're going to tweek the ways to get tickets and try it out and see what happens.
Personally I would just have my own party to guarentee I was the hostess.
Reply With Quote Likes