Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-01-2005, 03:57 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with coil bound books

How do you guys get the paper over all the cover of the journals and notebooks etc? I tried to take the coils off today and they got all strung out and when I put them back in they don't work as good as they are not nice and even. IS there a secret to this that I am missing? Also, where do you guys get the blank planners to stamp on? I bought some at Michaels and I can make covers for them but they have ugly pictures of butterfies on every page. Also, last question...where do you get blank shopping lists to stamp on? I have seen them in gift packs in the gallery..thanks for your help...Deidre
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2005, 05:33 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Yes I have that same problem!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2005, 02:54 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

One shopping list source is taking mini legal pads to the repro desk at a big box office supply shop and having them cut lengthwise (two lists from 1 pad)

On some wire books you can snip off the bent strip before uncoiling, then it will come loose much easier. You use needle nose pliers to rebend the edge when reassembling.

Of course, you can always search for "rubicoil" and enter an entire new world of obsession with coils in gorgeous colors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2005, 03:19 AM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

In order to cover a notebook I did, I used 1/8" hole punce and paper snips to make the holes and just pressed it in there. I used card stock and monoadhesive, and presto! I had a new notebook! It's much easier than trying to remove the coil!

I never thought about the legal pad idea! Thanks! I have a band saw! Would make a great cut!
Reply With Quote Likes