Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2005, 11:30 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED help NOW!!!

I need some help quick! I am going to start on my wedding invites right away - I have everything picked out and my layout planned - I'm going to be using mulberry on the card and I need to know what will work best to make it stick good. I used to use those UHU glue sticks, u know, the bright yellow ones - but I'm not happy w/ them b/c they make the cardstock curl and after it dries if you bend it the teeniest bit it cracks and whatever I've glued on comes off. So - after my long intro - have any of you used SU's glue sticks on mulberry w/ a better result? If those don't work I'm not sure what to use - I don't like using SNAIL on mulberry - just personal preference PLUS I would end up using a TON of it b/c I'm making a LOT of invites! I want to use SU stuff only b/c I'm a new demo and this will be good advertising for me w/ my family, plus I'm a total SU snob, PLUS I'm going to my Grandma's for Easter dinner and she's already hinted that she might pay for the invite supplies so I need to know soon b/c I'm putting in an order right away!

Thanx for taking the time to read this and for any advice!!

happystamper21 AKA Amy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Have you thought about dotto? Never used it on mulberry, but works great for everything else. Also, mabe consider glue dots, another favorite

It's not fair. Life was never this hard for Barbie & Ken
-
unknown

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Default glue sticks

I have used the SU glue stick with mulberry paper and it worked fine. I have only used mulberry paper once tho. Good Luck with your wedding invites!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

How about the 3M vellum tape? I've used it for vellum and mulberry and I like the results. Good luck - make sure you post a finish invite so we can all ooh and ahhh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 11:51 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I always use the Tombow Permanent adhesive for mulberry paper, but it is just the same as the Snail you don't want to use.
Have you thought about using SU's Sticky Strip instead? I use that a lot in places where I want to be sure things won't come apart, and find that it works real well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 11:53 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

I'm going to be using the vellum tape on the inside of the invites b/c I plan on printing up all the info and whatnot on vellum paper then sticking it inside. I don't want to use the vellum tape on the mulberry though, it's too time-consuming for that plus it's not cheap either. I have a lot of invites to make and I want to make it as cost effective as possible. I thought of using glue dots but still not sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 11:55 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I'd say definitely the glue dots. They are super strong, I used to hate them but they have convinced me, time after time that they are well worth it. And, they are not that expensive, like Snail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 11:56 AM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Just saw your post Yvonne! I never thought of the sticky strip - that's kinda expensive too but I guess I would only need a little bit of it - it's not a very big piece of mulberry. I'm just very concerned w/ these invites b/c I want them to look as great as possible and I don't want them falling apart in the mail or having the layers come off when the ppl open them! And it WOULD happen b/c that's just my luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 12:04 PM   #9  
The Digi-Freak

I would use mono, but you have said no to that... so I guess glue dots would be next! I don't use glue stick, because I hate it ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 12:32 PM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

thanx everyone for your replies. I'm thinkin I might use the sticky strip - the mulberry is going to be layered under the main layer so you can only see the edges so I'm not concerned w/ adhesive showing. I can't use any eyelits or brads b/c it makes the card too bumpy and our post office charges extra for anything that is mailed w/ those on (including ribbon bows! They suck :( ) So I'm kinda limited but I have a pretty good idea of what I'll do. I'll post one of my invites after I get them all done if anyone would like to see them!
Thanx again you guys!

happystamper21 AKA Amy
Reply With Quote Likes