Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-11-2005, 04:57 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need ideas for my sons 5th birthday party.

My son is having a party on the 20th.I need some fun ideas for handouts to give to the kids with little goodies and treats.Any ideas.Looking for something other than the little goodie bags.Need a.s.a.p. to make them up in time for the party.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 05:11 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I'm going to decorate empty crystal light containers and fill them goodies. Prefect size for candy, a small bottle of bubbles, bouncy ball, plastic lizards, anything you can find at the dollar store. Then I'll tie a noise maker on the outside.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 05:12 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Or..I know it's kind of early but what about little plastic beach buckets with stuff in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 05:22 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Default PARTY IDEaS

I love your idea for lizards,and boucy balls.and tieing it up with a bloer horn .AWESOME.i NEED TO GO TO THE DOLLAR STORE TODAY.i DON'T HAVE ENOUGH CRYSTAL LIGHTS YET THOUGH.But I do have some little jello cups like the plastic ones.I need to eat some more jello now.And decorate them in time.and fill with some goodies.

how cool thanks for the idea.I hope I have enough jello containers now.Omg I'm all excited now.I can't wait to decorate a jello container I just emptied one last night.I was going to save them and use them to color my easter eggs.Talk about from trash to treasure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 05:23 AM   #5  
Failed Lurker

What about those mugs that you can decorate yourself by stamping the paper insert? You could stamp them with their names or they could draw their own picture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 05:24 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

I found small notebooks at Dollar Tree and Walgreens that the covers are made from colored, yet see through poly. So then you can stamp on the 1st page and then you can still see the image when the cover is closed. I used Crayon Kids for them when I made them for my Suday School class at Christmas time.

Or... you can make those "poppers" , the ones that you typically see at New Years. Take an empty tube of toilet paper and cut it jagged, wrap it, close one end--like a tootsie roll and tie, fill with goodies and then close the other end the same way you closed the 1st.

Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 05:35 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I don't what your budget is, but I went to a party for a 4 yo boy and the theme was bugs. They ordered worms from the fish and bait store and put them in his sandbox, and all the kids went digging for worms. They had cupcakes in the shape of a catterpillar and everyone went home with a bug box filled with bugs. For the same child's fifth birthday, they had a dump truck themed party. The highlight of the party was a dump truck dumping a load of dirt and then the kids getting to play in it. Each child got a shovel and a dump truck for their party favor. Another friend had a western theme. They had a camp fire where everyone was able to roast hot dogs and marshmallows. Each child was asked to bring a stick horse and they held stick horse races where every child won a prize. She even had a friend who owned a horse and he brought it and each child got a hore ride. Their party favors were cowboy hats and bandanas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 06:13 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

I use the brown paper lunch bags that have been wheeled and tied with a little raffia as my goodie bags. My eldest just turned 7 and he had a jungle party. Here's an idea for the future, save the brown paper that comes in your wonderful SU shipments.....twist them lengthwise so they look like a rope. I hung many from my ceiling (it still has the beams showing because we are remodeling) and they looked like vines in the jungle. I added fancy birds and rubber snakes to the vines and the kids LOVED it. MY DS asked to keep it up a while....well that lasted a month, then I needed the room for a workshop and had to clear out the jungle!

I used the collage set to stamp the names on all the bags so they looked like they had been shipped for the expedition to the jungle.

Can't take credit for the idea....I saw it in the Dec or Jan Family Fun magazine.

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...00&ppuser=8975
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 06:51 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I am in the process of helping a friend at work, for her nephews 5th, (because the little boys mom is in the hospital delivering twins) so we were enlisted and are going to do the camping theme, with the Roughin It Set from SU

We purchased round pie plates (cheap tin ones from bed bath and beyond 2 for a $1.00!) to serve them hot dogs, cheetos, chips, etc.). And we are looking for cheap canteens or something camping related to serve their drinks in....

We got bandanas (Like 59cents at Michaels this week on sale) to make a hobo stick with (tying it to the end of a dowel rod) and they can take them home filled with gummy worms, marshmallows, etc.

we are mailing the invites in dollar store flashlights (of course wihtout the batteries) the lady at the post office told me they would be fine if we stuck the label over the on/off switch (they are sooooooooo cute)

They are getting bug boxes as favors (her husband is making those)
We have plastic bugs to put all over the table and red/white checked tablecloth for the serving table/ants on it...
and we are doing tents, sleeping bags in the basement family room and they are watching a video and going to toast marshmallows for them (she thought they would do that part, ha ha ha, I'm turning that over to DAD to handle while we WATCH)

My youngest boy is 16, so this has been fun to do, however one aunt and one friend is crazy and asking DAD to get involved so at least one parent is on the pictures, ha. The little guy is worried about his mommy not being at the camp out.

Good luck with your theme and if anyone has anything to add to mine, I'd be happy to take the help!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 06:53 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

My son just had his 5th birthday a couple of weeks ago. He wanted to have a cowboy birthday party, so I ordered party favors from Oriental Trading. I bought cowboy hats for each kid and bandanas and filled them with treats and favors then I tied them with some natural hemp at the top. It was a big hit the kids just loved it. We played "Cowboy, Cowboy, Indian" (duck, duck, goose) Pin the badge on the Sheriff, and hot potato to some Jonny Cash music, then we served root beer floats. It was so much fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 06:56 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

we just had a cave man party for my kiddo- in the wild stamps on the paper bags set the mood, brown paper from the SU! orders for the "rock " table cloth, the kids made wooden bead and rawhide necklaces, and decorated walking sticks. Cavemen roasted hotdogs outside, and toasted marshmallows...yes, in Vermont in February!! We let them face paint cave man faces on themselves and use hair gel to create wild caveman hair....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 07:39 AM   #12  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapmammaof3
They ordered worms from the fish and bait store and put them in his sandbox, and all the kids went digging for worms
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 09:48 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Default party ideas

O.k. I can't quite do the worm thing it's winter here and no place to dig in the sand box right now.cute though.

However I do like the idea of the bugs and camp out one.Very cute idea.
Reply With Quote Likes