Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-21-2005, 09:06 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Stamper Here!

Hey yall. I have a question about heat embossing printer ink. I want my wedding invitations to be white or silver on a piece of burgundy cardstock. Well just the print on the printer isnt the right color...
How can I do this?

Thanks alot girls and yall do GREAT work!
Pam
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 10:09 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmmmm....first of all, welcome! Stamping is by far the most enjoyable craft I've ever done, and SCS is certainly the best website around!

As for the printer embossing, it really depends on so many different factors. If you are using a laser printer, I really doubt you'd be able to get that to work...since the ink is actually fused onto the paper, it's dry right away.

If you are using an ink jet printer, it "might" work. Try to find a coated cardstock, by which I mean a really smooth finish, not textured in the least. The coating would help keep the ink from drying too fast. Then you'd want to be right there, embossing powder in hand. Snatch the paper out of the printer and dump your powder on.

If you're really lucky, lol, it might work. Obviously if you've got a short sentiment that gets printed quickly you stand a better chance of getting it out of the printer while it's still wet enough.

The best luck I've ever had is with vellum...so maybe if it doesn't work the the burgandy cardstock, you could try using a vellum overlay instead.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 10:50 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with the previous poster. There's no such think as embossing ink to put in your printer -- at least I've never heard of any. So, this isn't going to be easy. As soon as the paper comes out of the printer -- do one at a time, coat with the embossing powder and see what happens!

Frankly, I don't think you are going to get a professional enough look and encourage you to consider printing on vellum or redesiging the cards. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 11:01 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I just wanted to say "welcome"! - I don't have any advice on embossing printer ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 11:29 AM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for the welcome and the info. Im going to try the IMMEDIATE embossing technique lol. If not I think that the vellum might actually be even more elegant looking!
Is it hard to emboss vellum. Im thinking it might want to wrinkle when it gets too hot
Reply With Quote Likes