Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2005, 05:56 PM   #121  
Gallery Gazer

Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts

Real glad I didn't order the 48 pad case I saw on ebay last week.....
Old 04-14-2005, 06:03 PM   #122  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMom

Thank you squeakyleaky for sharing the info. The only sad thing I see is that you feel you have create a new id to avoid the wrath of the self-appointed demopolice
Couldn't have said it better myself. Lots of policing going on around here...drives me nuts. Thanks for sharing squeakyleaky!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 06:23 PM   #123  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Color Changes

You know I have often wished for more earthy oranges...and truly moss-toned or sage greens that match today's updated colors....and I almost never use Marvelous Magenta and the Forest Foliage is to blueish for my taste. So, this is very, very exciting news! It's been a few years since SU has changed or updated their colors....remember Rocket Red and Lucious Lime? We all moved on and most never looked back...change is a GOOD thing, right?

But, I will definitely miss Mauve Mist...took me a long time to acquire a taste for that color, but it is now one of my favorites! Sorry to see that one go...and Rose Romance is the very, very first ink color I purchased! That makes me sad, too! Oh, well, as I said, change really IS a good thing! The new colors will more than make up for everything!!

As for learning about this early on this site....think about it this way:
You are pregnant for the first time...and VERY excited! You tell your hubby, of course, and then your Mom.....BUT, before you have the chance to share with anyone else, your Mom shares it with the world! She just kind of stole your thunder!....it's your news to share, after all! You'd be disappointed, of course...probably even angry. But, when all is said and done, and you have that cute little bundle of joy in your hands...does it REALLY matter?

....looking forward to a colorful new world...SU style!!

BarbaraD
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 06:40 PM   #124  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingsue
Squeakyleaky, you created a lot of excitement for today, THANK YOU!!! It has been fun to learn about the color changes. I am a very good customer to my sister/ demo, and I for one, appreciate that I could have the fun with her today on this site about all the hoopla of colors. I am anxiously waiting to see the Artichoke color. I know demos need a forum to ask questions and encourage one another but sometimes there are hard feelings created when you yell because something has been put on this forum for everyone to see. SU! changing colors is exciting and fun and why not share it? That is just my two cents and much thanks for the fun loving sisters, Emily and Kim.

This dear girl is MY sister ;) she's been hiding because she's embaressed by my name...rofl. She begged me to change it...
I agree that the color excitement has been TONS of fun. And ya know...eventually our customers would have found out anyway... Personally as soon as I found out, I emailed everyone that I could think of, demo and non demo. I WAS JUST THAT EXCITED!!
BUT I do think it is wrong that the person ...Squeakyleaky...was sooo sneaky(hey Sneaky SqueakyLeaky haha) to create a new account JUST to spread the news. So obviously Squeaks thought she was doing something wrong....
let her guilt be her judge and jury.
ON TO THE FUN!!!!!
I am thrilled with all the color changes BUT Marvelous Magenta...I don't think anything replaces it. I am tickled that I don't have to replace ALL my markers and case. For all you CTMH demos, I am sure you are thinking we are making a bunch of hoopla about nothing! Those poor demonstrators had to switch the entire way they stamped when CTMH went to acrylic stamps last year.....
OH THE EXCITEMENT OF CHANGE!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 06:41 PM   #125  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am thrilled to hear about the new colors. My demo doesn't keep in touch with me at all so this is a great place for the latest and greatest info.
thanks squeaky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 07:17 PM   #126  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

Yeah new colors! Of course, that means I will have to stock up on mauve mist - just love that color so much for 'girl' type stuff - dont really like any of the other pinks - just too pink for me, so fell in love with mauve mist. But that is OK - I can stock up and be happy with that.

Really cannot wait to see the new colors in real life! Those new greens sound nice, and bashful blue, yeah!!! And an assorted neutrals pack - oh baby have I been wanting that!!

And nicer oranges, and perhaps a nice peachy color???? And a real violet color..... and.... and..... and I could go on and on being so excited!

Yeah us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 07:24 PM   #127  
Pearl-ExPert

I know as a huge fan of SU stuff, being a customer, i will LOVE to have the old and new colors to play with!! I agree with JanTink, that just cause it is being retired, doesnt mean you cant use it!!! Think of it this way, no, you cant demo it after a certain date, BUT, you will have even MORE colors to stamp with, MORE paper to coordinate with other colors, and MORE options all around, using your RETIRED colors with your NEW colors!!! YAY FOR STAMPIN UP for bringing out great colors!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 07:40 PM   #128  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by karendellovo
But that is what this IS - a heads up, isn't it?. ;)
I meant in terms of placing an order for an item and finding out the very next day that it is going to be discontinued. If I had known last night about the color changes I could have changed my order to reflect more current items. Of course I wouldn't have known about the changes were it not for this post. I just got my April Stampin' Success magazine a few days ago. Who knows when my May issue will arrive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 08:11 PM   #129  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

VMetz, all you need to do when you get it is exchange it for something that isn't discontinuing. This happened to me the first year I was a demonstrator and Button Bear retired the week after I ordered it and even before I received it. I shipped it back in exchange for Wonderful Wings. I had to pay a couple of bucks for parcel post to ship it back, but it was worth doing.

No matter when they told us, there would have been SOMEBODY who had just placed an order for something discontinued. It was just the luck of the draw that it happened to be you (and a bunch of other people, I'm sure.)

So, if you don't want to keep it...send it back! As long as you do it within 30 days and the product is unopened you can exchange it.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 08:36 PM   #130  
Polyshrink Goddess

AAAARGH! I wish I knew this a few days ago!

Will there be an option for those of us who own all of the stampin spots to buy just the new ones we need? How often does this happen?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 11:04 PM   #131  
Insane Embellisher

I own 7 of the changing/discontinued pads and I LOVE the new changes. The new colors are AWSOME. And even though I'm a demo, I don't mind, cause I still like baroque burgandy. I was just thinking... wouldn't baroque burgandy and bravo burgandy be the perfect pair. One is slightly lighter and redder, perfect for 2-step....

Bring on the new colors. They are ALL improvements and the truly new colors are MUCH NEEDED. And my old pads are still good. I love stamping and more colors is just more. And more is better.

Hopefully, there won't be any more threads about how we would all love the new colors cause they listened. Didn't someone say, "hey, we should send this to demonstrator support"? They listened to us. What we asked for, we are getting. I"M BESIDE MYSELF WITH EXCITEMENT. If only I could preorder them in craft pads....

Oh well, I can wait. Impatiently.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 12:04 AM   #132  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
Only the cutest girl in all of Texas, that's who! ;)
I don't live in Texas, that's why I don't know who Jenn is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 01:01 AM   #133  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts
Default The cost

Katie*B
You wrote: "I am so glad I read this thread before I placed my order for the SU! demo kit. I would hate to have wasted my money on cardstock or ink pads that are retiring and will no longer be available."

Did you price out the difference and see if it's worth $30 to wait - plus paying full price on everything YOU buy between now and July?

Seriously, you might not want to wait. If you were considering it, do the math. After all, if you chose the Bold Brights assortment for your CS choice, only ONE color would be affected, Positively Pink. That's just 3 sheets of cardstock!

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 02:31 AM   #134  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia S
Thanks so much for letting us know! I was just about to put in an order that earned me an free ink pad from my demo and also order some reinkers. The thing that I don't like is I just bought the soft subtles and bold brights markers last month.
The only Bold Bright this effects is Positively Pink.....the only Subtles are Mauve Mist, Bliss Blue and Mint Melody.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 02:39 AM   #135  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherlie
Hopefully these new colors sound like they could be close enough to the old colors to not matter very much and besides, it seems like the cardstock colors have varied a little each time I have ordered for the past couple of years that it doesnt matter what the name is but if it is the right color to use for a card.
From what I can see online (who knows what my monitor is doing to the colors!!) the new colors are significantly different from the old.....in VERY good ways though! The Handsome Hunter, Bravo Burgundy, Elegant Eggplant seem to be distinctly richer in color.....and I can't wait to get my hands one them!!! The ones that I eally cannot tell how much of a difference are the Bashful Blue, Pixie Pink and Regal Rose. And the others are just new, exciting colors!

I for one dont think I ever used Mauve Mist or Mint Melody....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 03:03 AM   #136  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceRAK
BUT I do think it is wrong that the person ...Squeakyleaky...was sooo sneaky(hey Sneaky SqueakyLeaky haha) to create a new account JUST to spread the news. So obviously Squeaks thought she was doing something wrong....
let her guilt be her judge and jury.
Or maybe she created a new name because she knew how many of you would b*tch and moan (as many of you are doing) instead of letting the rest of us enjoy the idea of new colors! Ever think of that?

THANK YOU squeaky!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 03:05 AM   #137  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I for one used my Mauve Mist pad A LOT!! I loved it with yoyo yellow I am going to preorder 1/2 of the new ink pads as soon as they get posted for us demo's... I tried at 4:30AM but of course the numbers weren't in the computer yet... I just need some new colors to play with
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 03:37 AM   #138  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will still use the old colors and am looking forward to the new colors also. With that being said I am glad to know the information ahead of time, I can remember when SU changed the mono- adhesive, my friend had just bought alot of replacement packages and our SU Demo never told her her it was changing. That is my one and only complaint about SU, they will let the customer continue to buy items that are changing or being discontinued, such as the stamp pads. Also, our Demo never once offered to let anyone return the discontinued items, I never knew it could be done before I started living here on SCS. On a positive note I can't wait to buy the new colors, once I stocked up on all the paper colors and ink pads I felt I was letting my Demo down because my orders weren't as big, so now I can spend, spend again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 03:46 AM   #139  
Glitter Guru

Default general

Just curious do you know if they are adding any new chalk ink colors like the others colors they don't have.Since they only had 4 of the colors in 1 group.That would be awesome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 04:26 AM   #140  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ack! Chalk colors! I hadn't even considered that yet! I'm glad they are improving and adding etc etc, but I'm just thinking of all the new things I'm gonna have to buy that is going to change my wish list .. hopefully we can get stampin spots and chalk replacements easily!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 04:41 AM   #141  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

They will be updating all the products to reflect the changes, so the pastel colors will be available at the catalog changeover, but not for preorder for demons :-( As far as the chalk ink, those colors are actually Colorbox colors that were selected because they were close to our colors, not actually our colors at all. So we haven't heard anything about the chalk ink. I'm hoping they add more assortments, myself.

As far as mono adhesive...your friend can still buy the SNAIL replacements and they will fit just fine in her mono cartridges...so I'm puzzled why that would be a problem. Definitely, we heard rumors about the mono before convention last year, but we didn't really KNOW anything about it. Most of us would have been delighted to know all about it and tell our customers. Unless you are talking about the previous year when Tombow changed the mono cartridges...not SU! So SU! had no choice, they had to change to the new design and we didn't know before the catalog came out if they were going with the new design or not. So don't blame the demo for that one. The only thing that we are sure of is things that SU! tells us. So the retiring list of stamps and any dribbles of info they give us before the new catalog. We don't know which wheels will retire or accessories either. That's part of the fun, actually...trying to figure out what will be in there and what won't.

I certainly am going to inform my customers about the color changes and give them the opportunity to stock up on the discontinuing cardstock, ink pads and reinkers if they so choose. I KNOW they are going to love the new colors!

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 05:01 AM   #142  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMetz
I meant in terms of placing an order for an item and finding out the very next day that it is going to be discontinued. If I had known last night about the color changes I could have changed my order to reflect more current items. Of course I wouldn't have known about the changes were it not for this post. I just got my April Stampin' Success magazine a few days ago. Who knows when my May issue will arrive.
Customers have the right to cancel an order within three days of placing it (says so on the order form) -- can demos do the same thing? I presume you are a demo since you get the Stampin' Success magazine.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 05:02 AM   #143  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wink

I'm not a demo, so I guess I shouldn't have read this but I did and I'm glad glad glad. For all of you demos that are upset, I'm sorry but I bet all of your customers don't live on SCS and might not even hear it. I buy a TON of SU supplies from a number of people so much that I probably should become a demonstrator, but I don't really have the time and I would feel guilty not buying from all my friends. So what am I getting at? I really don't know other than please don't feel bad, squeaky leaky made my day and it just makes me feel closer to all of you that I'm in on the secret too. I promise I never talk about what I learn here because in some way I see SCS as my little secret club.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 05:20 AM   #144  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Actually, that three day cancellation is only good if the order is not placed in that three days. Technically we are supposed to hang on to the orders for three days before we put them in. I don't, usually. It's been a rare thing to have a customer cancel an order, so if one does, I just refund her money. If what she ordered is something I can use, I keep it for myself or I send it back if it's something I don't need or already have.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 05:43 AM   #145  
Mad Swapper

I'm excited about the new colors!! Afterall isn't this some of the color changes we had asked S/U to make? I know there were a number of posts about this very suject.

I backed off a couple months ago from ordering any colors unless I knew I would use them if the new catty reflected color changes.

Again, it's wonderful to know SU listens to their demos and customer base.

Sorry for those demos that feel their thunder was stolen, but my demo does not keep current on things.

If this announcement can be likened to a "expecting a bundle" announcement
I guess I am really old and out of touch or just didn't realize how seriously some regard this business.

Hope all enjoy and have lots of fun with the new colors.

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:17 AM   #146  
Insane Embellisher

This was evidentally done to start another fiesty thread!! Squeaky your the best. Exageratting of course, so here goes. I'm sorry if this offends anyone. The point is most of us Demo's put our heart and soul into this company. We get our information early from SU, so we can prepare to launch it to our customers. Some of us were not even off work from our regular jobs yet before this was leaked, so how is this fare?? We didn't even have a chance to read it and send an email out to our customers. I'm sorry, but that is some of the great peeves we get as being a demo!! If you would like these peeves sign up to be a demo!! The starter kit is great!! Plus it's on sale this month. $30.00 off the starter kit. So all of you that want the news quick run to your Demo and sign up!!! This is just one of the many great things you get for being a demo!! Sorry to be Snarky, but at least give us a couple of days to prepare before you leak it out!! Please!!!
http://michellegruber.stampinup.net

Last edited by stampinfredva2004; 04-15-2005 at 06:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:28 AM   #147  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

ALRIGHT STEPPING IN HERE
Umm we found out on the GENERAL DISCUSSION FROM A CUSTOMER WHO HEARD IT FROM HER DEMO!!!
Ok now...did you all get that??? A demo knew and told her customers...one of her customers was so excited she let everyone on General Discussion know...that is the way all info should happen...ok...
So when it is all boiled down..there is always going to be someone who knows faster and shares quicker...do not let it get you down. Think positively!!!! My friend already SENT HER EMAIL to all her customers...then she was nice enough to let me copy and paste it all to me and some others to send...she did all the leg work for me of sorting and setting up a WONDERFULLY ORGANIZED comprehensive list!!! I was thrilled and my customers LOVED IT!!!
So I choose to take the positive note and be glad that we all know and that we can be excited about it...
Please if you do not agree with squeakyleaky speaking up then keep it to yourself from here on out...what is done is done...it would have happened sooner or later and it was not "leaked" with ill intent...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:34 AM   #148  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm confused Keri! Are you saying Leaky isn't Kimberly and Emily?? But they fessed up to it and I thought all was forgiven.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:36 AM   #149  
The Digi-Freak

Leaky is us Consuelo! I'm the customer, Emily is the demo

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:38 AM   #150  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes it is them but they were in no way trying to be malicious or start anything... I just wanted to point out that no matter how fast we as demos are someone is ALWAYS faster and the news will get out and around faster than we realize...it is not a bad thing...you know what I mean?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:40 AM   #151  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh...Okay. Keri just sounded really upset, with the CAPS and all. I thought it was a dead issue already so I was confused.

BTW, Kimberly...I just curious....do you and Emily share the same body but just have different heads? I'm just askin' because you seem so tight. I think that's cool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:48 AM   #152  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Demos, maybe you can air some of your disappointment about the early release of the new colors on the demo only board. The continued talk about how unfair all this is to demos is bringing myself and some other customers down. I think the disappointment aspect is one that might be better discussed on the demos only forum.

The fact that demo news will be leaked to customers almost instantaneously will not change in this the information age no matter what anyone tries to do about it on this web site or elsewhere. I'm excited about the new colors, so let's focus on that instead of crying over spilt rainbows.

Take care, Brenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:52 AM   #153  
The Digi-Freak

NO! Emily has the skinny size 4 body! I'm stuck in the chubby size 20 body! UGh! Talk about unfair!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:58 AM   #154  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am still sitting here slapping my forehead saying "D'OH" :o I can't believe I got sucked into the madness....
Totally apologize for my contribution to the madness.... :(

is it wrong to think it's a bit funny though? :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:59 AM   #155  
Pearl-ExPert

I hate to say it, but squeekyleaky wasn't even the first. Squeeky posted a new thread, but at the bottom of one of the other threads about colors someone announced it there first. It just didn't get noticed by many.Not sayin' right, not sayin' wrong. Just sayin' (Catie do I owe you money for saying that? ;) )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 07:18 AM   #156  
Gabfest Goddess

Well said, Brenda (QBee). After all, this is the BEST site for stampers in the world! It is my happy place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 07:20 AM   #157  
Stazon Splitcoast

Demos cannot preorder until MAY 15!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 07:44 AM   #158  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

WEll - I have to say the colors that are out...needed to be OUT a long long time ago.

Kinda bumbed that I have all the markers, re-inkers, pads, and cardstock...now I'll have to save up to get 'em all in the new colors.
BUT HEY- at least I'll be replacing them with BETTER COLORS!

SOmetimes it's hard to accept change right away...but in time we'll all be Thrilled about the new color changes!!

YIPPIE WOOHOO.....new colors ROCK!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 08:14 AM   #159  
Rubber Obsessor

Good point! I had not even thought about waiting until the new catalog and new colors are released to sign up to be a demo. I guess I need to look closely at the color groups and see if there are individual ink pads I can order and then get the new ones with my discount once they are available. Hmmm, definitely something to consider... Thanks again for the great advice!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose
Katie*B
You wrote: "I am so glad I read this thread before I placed my order for the SU! demo kit. I would hate to have wasted my money on cardstock or ink pads that are retiring and will no longer be available."

Did you price out the difference and see if it's worth $30 to wait - plus paying full price on everything YOU buy between now and July?

Seriously, you might not want to wait. If you were considering it, do the math. After all, if you chose the Bold Brights assortment for your CS choice, only ONE color would be affected, Positively Pink. That's just 3 sheets of cardstock!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 08:23 AM   #160  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Yes, and if you order the Earth Elements assortment, NONE Of them are retiring...the black and grey are just moving to another color family.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes