Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-20-2010, 05:50 AM   #81  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you, Margaret! I'm going to miss the purples!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 06:36 AM   #82  
Stampin' Fool

I am a demo but mostly hobby demo so I buy only what I love. There are 10+ stamp sets that are must have for me but I'll be spending a fortune on acessories, from the punches and storage to new paper, dyable paper flowers, tons of new ribbon, for me no to die for hostess sets (just not my style this time). There are lots of vintage items which I love from sets to paper, acessories. Lots to love.
Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #83  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally got a chance to see the New Stampin up! catalog this past Friday night.

It has some really nice stamp sets. The paper collections are very very nice.

One thing I really like is the new Paper Tag booklet. It let's you pick your color and then you flip it over to see what color's will work with the color you pick.

Color coach tag fan out's to see all the color's that they carry.

I love one of the Stamp set's that reminds me of the Campbell soup kids.

they have great ideas for home decor inside the catalog.

Looking forward to get one of these catalogs.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #84  
Kookie Creator

I'm loving this thread! Keep posting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #85  
Inking Addict

This is so exciting. It almost feels like Christmas. Only 11 more sleeps to go!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

I know I probably shouldn't be asking this, but can anyone dish any more about the ribbon? I understand that several types come in 12 colors but I'm curious which colors are represented. I've been trying to decide if I should order some ribbon off the last chance list. And I'm also wondering if there's any ribbon in the in-colors this year.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #87  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstieberView Post
I know I probably shouldn't be asking this, but can anyone dish any more about the ribbon? I understand that several types come in 12 colors but I'm curious which colors are represented. I've been trying to decide if I should order some ribbon off the last chance list. And I'm also wondering if there's any ribbon in the in-colors this year.
Yes, there is a ribbon for each of the In Colors. It is a cute stitched ribbon with a white trim. If you see a ribbon on the Last Chance list that you like: get it... it is definitely your last chance for that particular ribbon. Plus, some of them are being offered at a great price.

The Getting Started Collection of colors is a great way to build your stash up if you are getting started or balancing your collection. The range of colors will work for most occasions. Whisper White, Basic Black Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Early Espresso.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #88  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKArkansasView Post
i saw the new catty...while i loved loved loved most of it....was still very much disappointed that there was not a empty ink pad to use with all of the craft ink refills that they still offer....
Since SU said these empty pads were going to be available, many demos are speculating they will be available in the mini catalog. The craft are available in all colors in the spots, and Basic Black, Whisper White, and Very Vanilla are available in the full size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #89  
Glitter Queen

Anyone notice any more price hikes besides the paper?

Love love love this thread!! I CAN NOT wait to see the new catty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 07:14 PM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

containers! yeah.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #91  
Rubber Obsessor

I got a sneak peak on Friday when I picked up my order from my demo. I didn't take a long time studying it but my first impressions...
Yes, I do think I like it better than last year's catalog.
I'm a big coffee drinker and do like this new set. (Still can't part with my "What's Brewin'" and haven't been a big fan of the other coffee sets since--but this new one I do like.

There was at one sentiment set that's a must have. They've changed up the fonts on new sets which I think is fresh and fun to see.

Not sure how I feel about the new DS paper pads in the color families??? It's great if you want to try them out but if you want to mass produce any cards it could be a pain.

SU fans will be excited about the new punch caddies. (I personally have a clear shoe organizer that is working great and saves counter space.)

I do like how they've redesigned the color family ordering chart and listed all the products/accessories you can purchase in each color. Well organized and should save us time flipping back and forth.

That's about all I remember right now. I'll be getting my personal copy at my demo's "Chics & Chocolate" preview event next week. Can't wait--two of my favorite things together in one night! SU catalog & chocolate!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #92  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinChelseaView Post
Yes, there is a ribbon for each of the In Colors. It is a cute stitched ribbon with a white trim. If you see a ribbon on the Last Chance list that you like: get it... it is definitely your last chance for that particular ribbon. Plus, some of them are being offered at a great price.

The Getting Started Collection of colors is a great way to build your stash up if you are getting started or balancing your collection. The range of colors will work for most occasions. Whisper White, Basic Black Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Early Espresso.
Thanks for the info. That is an awesome collection of colors. I'm really loving the 1/8" taffeta that I've seen so far.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #93  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaneyView Post
You girls do know that they do put a N next to the item, in the catalog part if it is new....right before all the numbers....

I never noticed that.Thanks for the tip!
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #94  
Cardstock Collector

Default New SU Catty - Any Non Demos Seen It? Reply to Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKArkansasView Post
i saw the new catty...while i loved loved loved most of it....was still very much disappointed that there was not a empty ink pad to use with all of the craft ink refills that they still offer....
Tsukineko makes an empty stamp pad
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #95  
Matboard Maniac

I really liked the Sizzix Build-a-Bear dies, and I wondered if they made it into the catalogue (and if there were new ones). Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #96  

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappy knitterView Post
I really liked the Sizzix Build-a-Bear dies, and I wondered if they made it into the catalogue (and if there were new ones). Thanks!
Yep, they are in the new catty plus there are a few new ones, but I can't recall what the new ones were.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #97  
Forum Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 19 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vina82View Post
There's someone on Ebay already selling some of the new color card stock, stamps, pens & ink pads from the upcoming catalog. They have daffodil delight, Marina mist & a bunch of other new products listed. How were they able to receive the new products so quickly?
I saw one bidder that has paper for sale starting July 1- when the new catalog goes into effect. But this is not legal per SU guidelines
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #98  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I saw one bidder that has paper for sale starting July 1- when the new catalog goes into effect. But this is not legal per SU guidelines
Maybe it's someone who doesn't care if SU finds out and takes away their demo status.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #99  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm looking for more sentiments and a stamp set that works for a "Get Well" card. Does the new catty have anything new for this theme?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #100  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrzaworskiView Post
I was able to peek at it and there are SEVERAL great things. Layout is awesome. Really awesome. Disappointed with some of the holiday stamp sets... still hardly anything for Easter, didn't see any St. Patrick's day stuff, but then again, it was only a peek.

Someone may have beat me to this, but SU is now using the main catalog to showcase the core offering. The specific seasonal stuff will be highlighted in the mini catalogs, so you won't see a lot of new seasonal stuff till the mini comes out. The big catalog will show mainly the returning seasonal stuff. Hope that makes sense.

Belinda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #101  
Crimping Master

Smile

After a depressing visit to see my brother in ICU tonight I got to smile and drool a bit at the new catty tonight from my demo (my official copy will arrive on Fri) anyways - I see it this way - there is good news and bad news - the bad news is that there is not much that I saw that I like - the good news is there is not much in the catty at first glance that I want! Too many FLOWER stamps for me and definitely not enough NEW sets overall! Hopefully more will grow on me when I get the catty in hand and can really look through it and see the samples!! I do like the layout of it - how they put coordinating items together - ie - brads, papers, markers - etc - making it easier to see them - not impressed that they lower the count of asst paper packs but still raised the price- the Build a bear doesn't do anything for me - and the punch storage units look interesting - like the idea of the block container - but I have way too many so the plastic container that I am currently using still works best for me and I only paid $2.00 for it!!! I have to admit I had more fun looking at the new Just Rite catalog that arrived in my hands tonight and just finished marking it all up with what I have and what I want and drooling at the samples! I am hoping that the SU catty does that for me Fri when I get my own to mark all up!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #102  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There has been a few threads like this on here atm it seems they have cause quite the ruckus with their new catty lol. Apparently there is a new range (or ranges) of vintage. And ofcourse the color reno

Count yourself lucky girls! Here in aust we have to wait until Sept!!! (Im not sure if it will be the same as the US one though...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2010, 10:11 PM   #103  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardLadyTooView Post
After a depressing visit to see my brother in ICU tonight I got to smile and drool a bit at the new catty tonight from my demo (my official copy will arrive on Fri) anyways - I see it this way - there is good news and bad news - the bad news is that there is not much that I saw that I like - the good news is there is not much in the catty at first glance that I want! Too many FLOWER stamps for me and definitely not enough NEW sets overall! Hopefully more will grow on me when I get the catty in hand and can really look through it and see the samples!! I do like the layout of it - how they put coordinating items together - ie - brads, papers, markers - etc - making it easier to see them - not impressed that they lower the count of asst paper packs but still raised the price- the Build a bear doesn't do anything for me - and the punch storage units look interesting - like the idea of the block container - but I have way too many so the plastic container that I am currently using still works best for me and I only paid $2.00 for it!!! I have to admit I had more fun looking at the new Just Rite catalog that arrived in my hands tonight and just finished marking it all up with what I have and what I want and drooling at the samples! I am hoping that the SU catty does that for me Fri when I get my own to mark all up!!!
Hi Margaret,
I'm sorry that your brother is in the ICU. I pray for his speedy & peaceful recovery & full strength.
Take care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 12:04 AM   #104  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisha_1988View Post
There has been a few threads like this on here atm it seems they have cause quite the ruckus with their new catty lol. Apparently there is a new range (or ranges) of vintage. And ofcourse the color reno

Count yourself lucky girls! Here in aust we have to wait until Sept!!! (Im not sure if it will be the same as the US one though...)
lisha l have heard whispers that the Australian catty and the USA are going to be the same to make it easier.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #105  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eggView Post
lisha l have heard whispers that the Australian catty and the USA are going to be the same to make it easier.:p
OOOO but now that more frustrating :( why oh why do we have to wait 2 more months! Lol.

Thanks heaps for that tho!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 05:48 AM   #106  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by acardstamperView Post
I'm looking for more sentiments and a stamp set that works for a "Get Well" card. Does the new catty have anything new for this theme?
There is a new "get well" set called Speedy Recovery. It's cute little cars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 05:52 AM   #107  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I get to see my demo's copy on tuesday - can't wait!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 05:58 AM   #108  
Crimping Master

so jealous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 06:06 AM   #109  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL, she gets up reallly early for me and we have coffee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 06:07 AM   #110  
Crimping Master

now thats dedication!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #111  
Crimping Master

Smile

I forgot to mention - even my demo didn't see it - that is how small the print is - but for the markers, watercolor crayons and the pastel - at the end of the descriptions for each it states - something to the effect - that there is kits available for the new colors for the changeover..it gives www.stampinup.com/colorkits for more information. Of course I just went to check them out and they are having website difficulties! But that is a good thing - I think the starter color collection that they have for sale would be great for a very first time SU customer and stamper - but there are very few new colors in the collection - the other colors are OLD and are carrying over to the new line - so us "ancient" SU stampers it would be a repeat purchase and not much of a value!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #112  
Forum Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 19 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardLadyTooView Post
I forgot to mention - even my demo didn't see it - that is how small the print is - but for the markers, watercolor crayons and the pastel - at the end of the descriptions for each it states - something to the effect - that there is kits available for the new colors for the changeover..it gives www.stampinup.com/colorkits for more information. Of course I just went to check them out and they are having website difficulties!

The link won't be available until July 1 - the message is just a generic error message for now.

But that is a good thing - I think the starter color collection that they have for sale would be great for a very first time SU customer and stamper - but there are very few new colors in the collection - the other colors are OLD and are carrying over to the new line - so us "ancient" SU stampers it would be a repeat purchase and not much of a value!
My understanding is that there will be kits to fill in gaps between what we have now and the color renovation. If the customer kit's are similar to the demo kits, then it's a nice way to fill in gaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #113  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vina82View Post
There's someone on Ebay already selling some of the new color card stock, stamps, pens & ink pads from the upcoming catalog. They have daffodil delight, Marina mist & a bunch of other new products listed. How were they able to receive the new products so quickly?
It appears that these items have now been removed.
I did notice when I saw the listing yesterday that one item was a set of 13 markers in the new core colors, so maybe thats how the markers will be sold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #114  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eggView Post
I thought the last few times it seemed like they were getting closer and closer to each other! I hope they are the same for you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #115  
Stazon Splitcoast

Could someone with a catalog let me know if there is a western-themed set this time around?? TIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #116  
Inking Addict

I saw it last week at my demos home. I gotta say, if I was a hobby demo just buying for myself, I would have trouble reaching the quarterly quota. I A lot that I liked was from last year and I already have it. Only one hostess set worth having a party to earn. I did like the coffee set and maybe one or 2 more. I too am disappointed that they didn't think ahead and at least offer empty spots for the craft refills. There is a dry gourd website that sells empty spot size pads that I will probably order from. I was a bit annoyed with all the color change when I first heard about it, but I think in the long run, it may have brought me down to reality. As I said before, I bought into the 'get a stamp pad, refills, paper etc' in each color you want. Now I think I will just get refills and empty spots and maybe some assorted paper packs. Still feel bad for demos though, they take the hit more than us because they cant use or demo old colors and stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

My case of NEW cattys arrived yesterday so your demos should be getting them anytime now....! How exciting!
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #118  
Kookie Creator

Yay!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #119  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know my demo will mail mine the second she gets it, but I want to email her every day bugging her! haha.

I did find out today that the baby I"m carrying is a boy so I could email her,

"So did you hear, the baby is a boy! How exciting, three boys! Are there any new boy baby sets in the SU catty? Do you have it yet to even know?"

Yeah, that's totally slick... NOT. haha. I'll just wait.

i'm excited, I really didn't see any previews this time, besides that small one linked on the thread. So it will be all new. (almost)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #120  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I know my demo will mail mine the second she gets it, but I want to email her every day bugging her! haha.

I did find out today that the baby I"m carrying is a boy so I could email her,

"So did you hear, the baby is a boy! How exciting, three boys! Are there any new boy baby sets in the SU catty? Do you have it yet to even know?"

Yeah, that's totally slick... NOT. haha. I'll just wait.

i'm excited, I really didn't see any previews this time, besides that small one linked on the thread. So it will be all new. (almost)
So you've resisted the urge to peek at the new SU stuff, but you didn't resist the urge to peek at the new baby? That's too funny, Erin! Congrats, and welcome to the "Mom of 3 sons" club!
Reply With Quote Likes