Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-09-2004, 04:54 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Winter Mini has me broke!

How awesome is the new SU winter mini catalog???? My wish list is already over $100. Do you think alot of the new sets will make the new IBC?? I am in love with the new collage alphabet!

Thoughts???

Cindy in Ohio
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 04:58 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm no expert, but I was thinking the collage alphabet would make the new catty next year- just because it's hot in scrapbooking now. I hope "bundle up" would make it too because it's a cute all around winter set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 04:59 AM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

I can't think of the other collage-type set but the one with the grandfather scrap page is awesome too! I wish more of those collage-types would have made the 2004-2005 IBC.

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 05:04 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not a demo but I am so excited to see the new mini! I just keep waiting and hopeing that my demo receives hers soon so I can take a peek!
I am still wanting some of the stuff from the current mini so I am afraid to see the new one - I will probably just want more and more!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 05:07 AM   #5  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I get to go take a peek at it on Friday!!!! My demo has her open house, a week early because of Regionals but can't wait to go see it!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 05:09 AM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,042 Likes on 478 Posts

Ohly $100? You're doing good! I preordered More Petal Prints for a swap I'm doing. I'm really looking forward to the swap, because they will make GREAT samplers to pass around for those three months! This will be the first time I have done a pre-order too, I think, because my sales haven't been very big. I can't justify it most of the time, I need it to count toward sales.

If I was going to "bet" on a set that makes it to the main catalog, I would guess that Canvas Background will be a hit. It's like having magic mesh that never runs out! I plan to get that with my Sell A Bration Order. But, as far as the rest of it: After becoming a demo in April of 2003, I realized I had a lot of retired stuff from Sell A Bration and things I found on eBay, but had to be careful about keeping current. I got as many of the older mini catalogs that I could get my hands on, and started making lists of which ones made it to the new catalog the next year, and how long they stayed. I only had enough to go back three Winter Mini Catalogs, but the Winter had the MOST sets that made it to the new IBC each time. My thinking is this: Stampin Up introduces these mini's to us to test market. The sets that sell well make it in. But they intentionally market some of their 'favorite' ideas in the Winter Mini, because Sell A Bration is probably the highest sales time of year, where anyone who knows Stampin Up wants to have a workshop. (Unless, of course, it's second to right after a new catalog comes out.) But, I think sets in this catalog have the best chance of being permanent. Just my personal observation, no science involved at all!!

Debbi
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 05:29 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Debbi - I agree with what you said. January and February are SU!'s top selling months. It only goes to reason that they would show us the VERY best stuff then! More stuff we sell our customers, more FREE Sell-A-Bration sets they get and more business for SU!

Don't you just LOVE that cycle? I was sitting down to pre-order my Winter Mini sets and by the time I looked up and saw my total I thought...hmm...that's almost a workshop! LOL! I might have to save some of that stuff so I can get that adorable Hostess Appreciation set. I LOVE how Curvy Verses has a stamp that goes with each stamp in the HA set. How appropriate?!?! That way more hostesses want the HA set, they have $400 parties to get it, more bookings, more business for SU!

Ahh...the viscious cycle...
- Susan
www.inkedblessings.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 05:42 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I didn't realize that about the curvy verses and the occasionally stamps!! That's so cool!! I'll definitely have to get both of them then! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 05:55 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

My daughter is a SU Demonstrator, and when she showed me the new mini catalog, my jaw dropped to the floor! Both of us want every set!! I also love the collage alphabet, and the canvas background. SU is very smart at how they market their product! I say, "Keep up the good work"!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 05:56 AM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

now you guys are making my wish list even LONGER!!!! Hubby is going to be so mad at me!!!!!

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 06:38 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Canvas stamp in mini catty

I am so excited about buying this. It will be like having magic mesh in every colour and just having to stamp it. Very Cool!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 06:50 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Not a demo here but I got to take a peek last Friday night. I am already trying to figure out what I will get first and can I really wait until January to have it count towards SAB.

I just want to know what IBC is? I have seen it on other threads.
SCS #11408
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 07:10 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

IBC is the Idea Book and Catalog--the big one that comes out each July.

I also love most of the sets in the Winter mini. It will be hard to choose which ones I can "afford"

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 07:38 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

There are quite a few things in the new mini I want love have to have! The collaged alphabet is one of them. But my real hope is that the more petal prints means the original petal prints will make it to the big book! That is my all time favorite set one I don't mind owning even if it's retired but I would so love to demo it again sets! So my fingers will be crossed that it comes to be!!!!

And for a poster earlier I'm pretty sure all your preorders go towards your sales. Not towards the Hostess only set but towards that quaters sales. But this quarter is almost over! So maybe ordering as a customer in Dec is better?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 07:59 AM   #15  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,042 Likes on 478 Posts

Wow, you are right! I knew I put a Pre-Order in under a Demo order, but I didn't think it counted. I double checked - thanks for the info! I didn't see my "sales" counter go up but I'm sure it will be updated soon.
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Reply With Quote Likes