Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more craft SU ink pads?

I was just reading the Stamping' Success Magazine for May 2010 and it said that the only craft ink pads that would be available in the new catalog would be for Basic Black, Very Vanilla, & Whisper White. You can only get the other colors in craft ink by ordering the stamping spots. I use mostly craft ink because of all the embossing I do and also because I feel that the colors are more vibrant. This stinks! I know I can use the spots, but it isn't the same as having a full size ink pad. I also know that I can use a Versmark pad first and then a classic pad, but it is a whole lot more work just to get the same results using a craft ink pad. I guess I must be in the minority because if these ink pads sold well, they would still have them in the new catalog coming out in July. Oh well, such is life. Looks like it's going to be stampin' spots for me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

If that is the case, then they've made my mind up for me! I have been debating about whether I should buy the craft ink or the classic ink. I already bought two of the color famililies in craft ink thinking that I could use them for regular stamping and embossing. Well, I have hardly done any embossing so I was thinking of just ordering the other two color families in classic ink.

My blog - Don't Crimp My Style
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weird. I have always had bad feelings toward the classic pads. Actually they anger me. I SEE people use them and they give them fresh bold color. they never do that for me. never ever trever. I get dull washed out color with all of them. Even freshly inked. I think there is a chemical in them that says, "It's that Erin girl we hate her, make yourself dull"

So I've been considering getting into the craft because I hear the color is so much more vibrant. now they won't have them? :( I guess I could just get the what's a hooseis for them.. the spots. It's not like I have some ink shortage anyhow.

Actually I have ink issues. Colored ink issues. I love Vivid dye ink, but as the name implies, they come in mostly bright vivid colors. I have a few Papertrey inks for some pastel colors and they are ok but not perfect.

I want perfect ink. That doesn't hate me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

It is correct that there will only be full size Craft Stampin’ Pads in Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White. And Craft Stampin’ Spots & Craft Stampin’ Ink refills will still be available in all of the core colors.

However in an upcoming Mini catalog there will be a blank Craft Ink Pad so that you can use Craft refills and create your own

Hope that helps...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:05 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

I got a message from my demo today that said "... based on sales history, Craft Stampin’ Pads will only be available in Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White". So I'm guessing the large pads of the craft ink aren't big enough sellers to make them worth continuing to stock them. I have all the spots in craft ink and I rarely use them so it won't bother me that they are discontinuing the large pads of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

So with the new changes, will there be Craft ink refills of the new colors? I hope so. I really like Craft ink. Oh and how much of ink will it take to fill a blank large pad, one two reinkers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by justroseyView Post
So with the new changes, will there be Craft ink refills of the new colors? I hope so. I really like Craft ink. Oh and how much of ink will it take to fill a blank large pad, one two reinkers?
If I had to guess, I'd say one refill to fill a pad. Anyway, it would be kind of silly to offer something that used two refills because that would make it one expensive ink pad. ;) I think it's a cool idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
Weird. I have always had bad feelings toward the classic pads. Actually they anger me. I SEE people use them and they give them fresh bold color. they never do that for me. never ever trever. I get dull washed out color with all of them. Even freshly inked. I think there is a chemical in them that says, "It's that Erin girl we hate her, make yourself dull"

So I've been considering getting into the craft because I hear the color is so much more vibrant. now they won't have them? :( I guess I could just get the what's a hooseis for them.. the spots. It's not like I have some ink shortage anyhow.

Actually I have ink issues. Colored ink issues. I love Vivid dye ink, but as the name implies, they come in mostly bright vivid colors. I have a few Papertrey inks for some pastel colors and they are ok but not perfect.

I have the same problem with the inks. Thought it was just me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 06:11 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Quote:

Too funny You should try Memento - I am definitely a convert. They have a good color range from pastel pink & blue to the brights. HL carries the full size pads; Mikes & J's carry the 4 pack dew drops so you can use a coupon to try them out. Oozak.com carries the complete line - full size pad, dew drop pad, marker and refill. You'll be "feelin the love"...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 06:55 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

the way i understood it was that they will have craft spots and refills but not the large pads.

"Kindness is something the the blind can see and the deaf can hear" -unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 07:17 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

I have the craft spots in three of the current color families and I've really liked them. I'm glad they will continue to offer refills in the craft ink because some of mine are getting pretty dry.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 07:42 AM   #12  
Linking Queen

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstieberView Post
I have the craft spots in three of the current color families and I've really liked them. I'm glad they will continue to offer refills in the craft ink because some of mine are getting pretty dry.
Just remember the refills won't be available in the retiring colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

I own ever craft ink pad that SU has.. I bought them all in a big purchase a few years ago. I hardly use them, but when I do, I am always very happy with the results.. I bought them so that I could emboss in any of the colors.. however I found that by inking my stamp in the versamark first and then in the classic ink, I could get near the same results.. so I just stocked up in versamark and clear embossing powder!

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

I am excited to see the new colors, just sad for my old favorites to go. Hopefully it will not take too much ink to fill a pad, you're right that would make it expensive and not worth it. Hmmm things to think about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

I've never liked the craft pads...they take so long to dry and then they smear. I also do a lot of embossing, but with versa mark.

Still I just can't believe they are getting rid of the craft pads...my, oh my!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have all the craft pads and refills that SU sells. Guess when they run out they run out. Will have to see what they are offering in the new caddy before I spend money like this again just to have it go away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #17  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have one Craft pad in white and really don't like it. It does take forever to dry and I always seem to smear it and make a mess! I use Versamark with classic ink or Colorbox colored inks for embossing.

The sales on the full size Craft pads must have been really down. Maybe they can concentrate on having a nice selection of ribbon colors again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

Default I looked this up today too

I looked this up and this is what I found:
Full size craft pads in vanilla, white, black
stampin spots in all colors and refills
an empty craft pad available to make your own full size pad with a reinker

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.

Visit me at my blog:
http://stampsinkpaper.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I have always preferred the craft inks because they blend so well because of their slow drying time. However, I have had to send pads back more than once because oil was sitting on the surface of the pads. So I switched to classic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 01:22 AM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

I used to think the same thing about pigment (craft) ink, however..........if you ink up your stamp and stamp off, repeat several times and then heat set the image I think you'll get the look you're after. Pigment ink is more like paint as it sets on top of the paper and does not soak in. If you heat set it, it becomes permanent and brings out the color more quickly. If you don't heat set you have to wait quite a while for it to fully dry. The nice thing about pigment ink is it won't fade if you set it (dye ink fades......not good for scrapbooking or other projects you want to last a long time).

I love the look of pigment ink.....especially on textured CS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 04:11 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

... I want perfect ink. That doesn't hate me.
OMG Erin! This is too weird.

I could've sworn I heard my ink pads whisper 'Oh good, it's not Erin.' and I thought I was going nuts. LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes