Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2006, 07:00 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OC3

O.k. maybe this will be a monthly challenge. It seems that is about how often I actually get to post.

So we have found our workspace and organized our ribbon. Let's see.....how about all those buttons, eyelets, brads all the small stuff. How do you all organize these tiny little pieces of our precious supplies?

My solution has been the stamp stacks from SU. They are wonderful! and can stand upright or mount sideways on the wall. SU has got wise and started selling the beads, brads and buttons in the containers that fit in the stampin stacks! So you can slide them right in.

What about you, how do you organize these? Can wait to see some of the results!

Lori
www.loriross.stampinup.net
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2006, 09:36 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I have all my small embellishment items in a craft box with dividers, looks kind of like a something you would put in a tackle box.

I am looking for something else though, I can't let this box fall on it's side, everything will get mixed up. Making Memories or All My Memories makes this REALLY cool binder like thing for small embellishments, you can flip the thing around and everything stays put!

I hope I can an alternative, b/c I can't find that thing anywhere!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2006, 07:37 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All my little things like brads and eyelets are in the metal watchmaker's tins. They have see thru tops, so I just have to open the lid of the case and I can see which color/style I need. I love that I can have all my matte brads in one and all my eyelets in another. Another great thing is that they do not get all mixed up if I tip the case over, since each little tin is closed inside the larger tin.

All my buttons (and I have tons!) are in the plastic floss cases. So are my fibers (I have tons of those too!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2006, 05:11 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

First time I've tried communicating on SCS-here goes...

I use the 14 compartment locking caddy by Craft Mates. I found them in JoAnns (around $3.50 each?) They has two rows of compartments and each compartment individually locks/opens. They are see-through and the bottoms of each compartment are countoured (newer style-look for it) so it's really easy to see the 'little things' in each AND scoop them out with your finger. I set one up for brads, one for eyelets etc. I'll try to add a picture but I don't know how to do that yet on SCS, plus I have to figure out my new digital camera Santa brought! I can't wait to join in more stuff on SCS and share pics of some of the things I've created! I am new to this hobby and am completly hooked-I'm not getting enough sleep b'c of it!!!!

you can go to their website-that's where I got this pic-which is not real good at showing the item.
www.craftmates.com
Attached Thumbnails
OC3-14compartment.jpeg  

Last edited by inkisgood; 01-06-2006 at 05:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Default my solutions

Ok, I have three different things I use for all of my tiny things. I have a floss box that I have fibers in, including of all things...floss! I also have some very small plastic containers that I got at Dollar Tree. There were 10 in the package for $1 so they won't break the bank to keep things organized, those are all stored inside an old piece of Tupperware that I didn't realize was non-sealing when I bought it. It just has a domed, clear hinged lid. Can't remember what it was called. Now for my tiny things in small numbers, I have some old pill reminder cases. These also came from the Dollar Tree and are very unique. Each day is a separate case and has 4 compartments. All 7 cases slide into a storage piece so it ends up looking a bit like a small dresser. Each of these sets is only about 3"X5", if they are that big.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Smile OC3 - small thing storage solution

Hi,
I am currently ( it changes all the time!) storing my eyelets, brads, beads and buttons in the containters that su sells them in. I glue a strong magnet to the bottom of the container and then stick them to a metal board. This big metal board is attached to the wall in my crafting area. So far I like it alot! I can see everything and I know when I need to get more of it. When the container is nearly empty I purchase replacements and just transfer it to the containers. (I then have the extra containers to use for other non su embelishments.)

So that's what I'm doing with those!
Kerri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2006, 09:13 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I'm using the little jars that EP & Glitter & eyelets came in - stored upside they are easy to see.

Cheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #8  
down and digi

Here are 2 pics from my of my stamp room. I have 2 others in my gallery.

You can see in this one that I have ribbon on a pants' hangar, and I have my stamp pads in Stackebo DVD racks from IKEA (CD racks DO NOT work). I also have shower caddies and kitchen canisters on and under a shelf. In the canisters I have lots of small stuff (some in their original containers, in the canisters).

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

In the other photo you can see a 9 drawer chest (9" x 12"). In it I have adhesvies, smaller punches, rollers, stazon, versamark, etc and I have stamped on the drawer fronts what the contents are.

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by momof2stampers; 01-14-2006 at 06:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

So, glad to find this!!

Right now, I have all the little containers that the small things have come in inside of a clear plastic rubbermaid type container. I really don't like that system and I have been wondering how to do it. I'm pretty much leaning towards getting the stack n store systems from SU! or I just bought a new stainless spice rack and cleaned up the old one with the clear bottles. So, I was thinking of using that... but, it does take up a lot of counter space!

Karen your room is great! Love the brightness, the IKEA ideas!

Gone Forever: -40#

NEWEST BIKE/WALK GOAL: 500 miles 20/500
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2006, 07:30 AM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

I love my Container Store multi-drawer cabinets. They are light-weight and can sit on a desk or hang on a wall. The dividers make it super easy to organize and the clear drawers make it easy to retrieve items. The old individual eyelet storage containers fit perfect inside. You can even store ink pads (2 per large drawer). I store eyelets, brads, embossing powder, buttons, safety pins, etc. in the Container Store's pharmacy boxes and watchmaker tins I found at Michael's. My favorite feature is that you can take each drawer out and use at your work station - clean up is super fast and easy. Here are a few links:

http://www.containerstore.com/browse...6&PRODID=70412

http://www.containerstore.com/browse...99&itemIndex=1

OC3-15652.jpgOC3-18092.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2006, 08:13 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have the craft locker (craft one) and inside the draws I have the plastic baby food jars and I have them sorted by color. I leave this open on my desk and when I go to crops I take it with me as the doors close on it. In the bottom small draws I put my black ink pad, my versamark ink pad.

http://www.craftlocker.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2006, 07:07 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts
Smile storing everything

when we move this fall, everything from 2 rooms has to be condensed to 1. All of my stamp/scrap stuff has to fit in a 3sectioned Entertainment center unit. I'm storing embellishments according to color.

I have the 97-cent clear plastic shoe boxes from Walmart - 1 for each color family. ie. RED holds fibers, frazzles, ribbons, trims, buttons, brads, eyelets, glitter, paint swatches each stored in it's individual zippie bag. The baggies take up less space for me than the hard containers.

Whenever I'm working with a particular color or theme, that's the ony embellishment tub I need to pull out. When I'm finished, I just replace the lid and slid it back into it's place on the shelf. The only exception is holidays. Often they have their own embellishments so when working with those, I pull the holiday box and the coordinating color box.

This system has also made it easier to keep my workspace clean and useable when I need it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2006, 07:07 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts
Smile storing everything

when we move this fall, everything from 2 rooms has to be condensed to 1. All of my stamp/scrap stuff has to fit in a 3sectioned Entertainment center unit. I'm storing embellishments according to color.

I have the 97-cent clear plastic shoe boxes from Walmart - 1 for each color family. ie. RED holds fibers, frazzles, ribbons, trims, buttons, brads, eyelets, glitter, paint swatches each stored in it's individual zippie bag. The baggies take up less space for me than the hard containers.

Whenever I'm working with a particular color or theme, that's the ony embellishment tub I need to pull out. When I'm finished, I just replace the lid and slid it back into it's place on the shelf. The only exception is holidays. Often they have their own embellishments so when working with those, I pull the holiday box and the coordinating color box.

This system has also made it easier to keep my workspace clean and useable when I need it.

KellyS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO

KellyS
What a neat idea! I never thought of that. Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2006, 04:37 AM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

The idea my friend and i came up with was to use weekly pill containers. We thought it would be good b/c you wouldn't have to open all the compartments like the floss container. But a draw back is that it doesn't hold a lot in each one, but then you could use the whole one section for the day with all the same colours, or kinds. I'm just learning how to upload on here, so if I get it I'll put a picture of what I mean on here.
We bought them at the dollar tree for $1.00
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2006, 07:49 PM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Thanks to my hubby, I have almost all of my embellishments stored in 2 PLANO 4 drawer fishing tackle boxes. They also have a large lid that opens up on the top to store my ribbon, stapler, magic mesh, etc. These are nice additions to my scrap room and are easy to grab and go... I use one drawer for my silver embellishments, one for my gold, multicolored, etc. They are very nice and I would highly recommend them. My daughter uses one for her beading projects also. Can you tell that we are the organized outdoors type?
Reply With Quote Likes