Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-15-2021, 07:16 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 72 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Occassions catalog........

What are your thoughts so far? How about the SAB catalog? I'm not sure there's anything I particularly want in either one. Last year was a great year for both but rather blah this time for me. How do you feel about another SAB event coming in the summer? Sales must be lagging because there are a lot of "events" happening.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 07:59 AM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,411 Likes on 533 Posts

I'm excited for another SAB in the summer because I think there will be SAB items that coordinate with what's in the holiday mini (and that's usually my favorite catalog of the year).

Well, I got all but one SAB item so it's safe to say I'm enjoying it! The berry set and paper had me the most excited and I did get the set and punch that coordinate from the mini.

Consumables are usually the things I go for in each catalog, so I bought paper, embellishments, and ribbon & twine with a few stamp sets thrown in. I passed on the cutesy stamps since that isn't my style, but the succulents and hydrangeas were in my order that arrived yesterday. That intricate overlay die with the succulents looked too fun to pass up! It'd make a fun stencil with some ink or embossing paste, or I'd love to spray it with Champagne Shimmer Paint!

The Snailed It suite seems like a hit but that one does nothing for me, again because I'm not into the cute look.

I had to get the Flower & Field SAB paper because that look of a black background with bright colors is so beautiful! The Paper Blooms paper was one I originally passed on, but when I went to the shopping site the patterns were shown to much better effect and it changed my mind.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 09:14 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm not wild about the SAB items. I did get the one for $100 with the hummingbird, etc. Not much in the occasions catalog thrilled me. I want to get the sentiment set designed by Jackie Bolhuis. I didn't like the ombre SAB paper at all until this morning when my demo posted a fabu card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 10:42 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Not thrilled with the SAB catalog-would like to see more tools offered (punches, etc). Also not into the "cutesy" stuff-want more guy theme items in the SAB and in the Annual catalog. Come on St Up designers-we need these! I usually order the SAB items because of a big order, was told by St Up you can't finish your order without using all the freebies. Almost all of the "free" things go to my great niece who is an avid crafter. One income house so fun to pass things along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 01:14 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I really, REALLY wanted to be excited about the SAB but not happening so far. Hopefully I will see something that grabs my attention and becomes something I MUST have. I cannot see spending $50+ or more on some/most of the mini catalog items. Might need to look at basic supply needs, like papers. I almost flipped when I saw the $145+ Dandy Garden suite. Holy moly, out of my price range after all the Covid drain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 03:55 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Was VERY disappointed that I have to buy the whole suite to get the darling catus stamp set. I really loved the stamps and would probably (maybe) even buy the dies, but I don't want the papers and other things. For the cost of all that, I could buy a lot more product from somewhere else. I saw nothing in the SAB that interested me, although there were several things I liked in the Ocassions catalogue. There just aren't much in the way of perks left for Stampin up customers it seems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2021, 07:30 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

I agree - SAB is a real dud this year. The occasions catalog doesn't have much to offer either. It seems we are seeing the same stamps time and again - Hey Birthday Chick looks like the same chickens from Hey Chick a few years back. The chickens are simply repositioned. How many flamingo sets are they going to have? I look at Many Messages bundle on page 35 and I can't believe it is one stamp and one die. What are the odds you would ever use ALL the messages at one time? I would never invest in something like that. If I were a demonstrator trying to make money doing workshops I would be so disappointed. The amount of money you'd need to invest to keep your customers interested has become way too much. In order for it to be worth my while, I feel all stamp sets and dies should be available for at least a year so you don't have to reinvest every six months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2021, 09:20 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts

Unfortunately the SAB offerings are so disliked by customers that they are telling me to just use the rewards myself as nothing appeals to them.
Do you think SU will add anything else to the SAB offerings in February?
Happy Stampin!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2021, 11:10 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There wasn't a thing in the SAB catalog that appealed to me. While I have no plans to purchase anything, I do like the Hey Girlfriend set in the mini catalog. I might have considered buying IF I could get a matching male set to go with it.

One thing I've learned about SU catalogs is that the stamp offerings usually seem dull UNTIL I see the cards created by SCS members. The problem with that is I usually end up liking a set after it has been discontinued.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2021, 01:40 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

I love the berry bundle from SAB (stamps and DSP). It's gorgeous and I've been having fun making cards with it. I am a huge fan of raspberries so I had to get it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2021, 01:42 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftydollsView Post
Was VERY disappointed that I have to buy the whole suite to get the darling catus stamp set. I really loved the stamps and would probably (maybe) even buy the dies, but I don't want the papers and other things. For the cost of all that, I could buy a lot more product from somewhere else. I saw nothing in the SAB that interested me, although there were several things I liked in the Ocassions catalogue. There just aren't much in the way of perks left for Stampin up customers it seems.
I agree about the cactus suite - I would have liked to be able to just buy the stamp set
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2021, 01:46 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindoeView Post
Do you think SU will add anything else to the SAB offerings in February?
Happy Stampin!
As I understand it, there won't be additional items added, but there will be another SAB when the winter catalogue is launched!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2021, 01:51 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntiof8View Post
Not thrilled with the SAB catalog-would like to see more tools offered (punches, etc).
I agree, I loved it when they had embossing folders and punches as SAB items!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2021, 02:01 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuvsView Post
I look at Many Messages bundle on page 35 and I can't believe it is one stamp and one die. What are the odds you would ever use ALL the messages at one time? I would never invest in something like that.
I've seen Kristina Werner using similar from other companies. I think the idea is to stamp and die cut a few rounds of the whole lot, then have the sentiments ready to use when you need them. I've seen people store them in tackle boxes/bead trays so each type of sentiment is kept separate.

This wouldn't work for me TBH as I like to stamp in different colours of ink but for people who like to batch produce cards I can see the appeal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2021, 02:26 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuvsView Post
How many flamingo sets are they going to have?
This made me laugh!

I know what you mean
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2021, 02:16 PM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,951 Likes on 2,208 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PikkuLillaView Post
I've seen Kristina Werner using similar from other companies. I think the idea is to stamp and die cut a few rounds of the whole lot, then have the sentiments ready to use when you need them. I've seen people store them in tackle boxes/bead trays so each type of sentiment is kept separate.

This wouldn't work for me TBH as I like to stamp in different colours of ink but for people who like to batch produce cards I can see the appeal.
I bought Many Messages and everytime I need one sentiment in a color, I stamp the whole thing in one color and store the extras in a plastic tackle box.
Attached Thumbnails
Occassions catalog........-img_20210117_130017372%7E2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2021, 07:28 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

I’m not a demonstrator. I love and buy (lots!) of Stampin Up products and have for 15 years.
Sellabration offerings have significantly gone downhill over the years. Although I appreciate a freebie, the offerings don’t encourage me to buy product. Suggestion: Maybe offer a pack of white card stock, or other basic supplies. That might entice people to buy other things?

I’m not sure who I would send the donkey card to, and the dark flower paper is just that—dark. Very strange. I went with the navy blue floral paper although I’m not in love with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2021, 12:31 PM   #18  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,411 Likes on 533 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PikkuLillaView Post
I love the berry bundle from SAB (stamps and DSP). It's gorgeous and I've been having fun making cards with it. I am a huge fan of raspberries so I had to get it!
Oh, yes, I did get that bundle plus the coordinating one in the Mini. It's such a happy suite of products!

Another thing I got that I forgot to mention in my original post is Frost White Shimmer Paint. There is pearlescent paper in the mini, but I saw a tip about putting a bit of the shimmer paint in a spritzer along with 70% rubbing alcohol, giving is a good shake, then spraying it on colored cardstock to create pearlescent paper. I loved the look so much that I added a bottle of the Frost White Shimmer Paint to my most recent order. It is a STUNNING look!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2021, 03:18 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts
Default I don't understand

I don't buy enough SU to get a free catalog from my demo, so I went to the Stampin Up website to see an Occasions offering or Sale A Bration catalog online. They list Level 1 and Level 2, but not many products show up. Why do they mix French items in with English? That's very distracting.
I clicked on Sale A Bration and a Mini Catalog opened. Again French next to English. What's the difference?
What is Sale A Bration?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2021, 03:51 PM   #20  
Proud Fan Club Member

Sale A Bration is a separate small catalog that allows you to choose free offerings based on what you spend. If you spend $50 I think there are seven items to choose from and if you spend $100 I think there are two items to choose from. You can always choose two $50 freebies instead of one $100 if you want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2021, 03:53 PM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member

You can choose to spend your $50 or $100 from the occasions catalog or the regular annual catalog to earn free gifts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2021, 06:05 PM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks, Kathy. I finally found the 2021 Mini online and NOTHING interested me. I'm not enjoying the new artwork they have presented. There is no way I could force myself to buy $50 worth of product this season.
Reply With Quote Likes