Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2005, 12:53 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Old Demo vs New Demo

This is a question that has been raised a couple times. I never thought it would happen to me. Well, it did. I have been stampin for about a year now. (I am obsessed!) So, I have bought $100s of stampin stuff. I already have a room devoted to it. I have always held parties and bought stuff from the same person. One of friends (husband's best friend's wife) always came to all my parties and support my sales. Now she is a demo. Her demo style is different. She sets up 3 stations and you make 3 cards. My other demo she makes 2-3 cards showing everyone every step and then allows you to make 2 cards and another item. She give great rewards for larger orders and wonderful hostess rewards. But now I know my "friend" is going to want me to come to her parties and host parties. She even once mentioned her style compared to my other demo's. I really only want one demo but I don't want to hurt anyone feelings or "betray" anyone. What should I do?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 12:59 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

is your original demo your friend also? Similar thing happened to me but I wasn't friends with the original demo so now I go with my friend. However, if you like the original demo's style better then maybe you can go to her workshops and order through your friend. But then you like original demo's hostess rewards better! Oy! That's a tough one. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone elses responses.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 12:59 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

It is kinda sticky situation....we discuss it a lot as demos. If you were friends with the "new" demo beforehand demo #1 usually backs off and lets the "new" demo have you as a customer. However, it is really up to you...it could suck if your friend takes it personally if you choose demo #1 because of the incentives offered or the style better suits you. The best thing is to communicate so no one gets hurt.

Mindy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 01:24 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Go with the one that you like best--a true friend should not expect you to be her customer b/c you are friends--she should earn you as a customer if she wants you as a customer and be your friend if she is a friend through thick and thin--tmho-hth--i too look forward to everyones input--good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Post I have.....

2 Dear Friends That sell SU, One lives near me and is on SCS Kaylyn C. (Hello)
And the other one lives in N.C. and is a online friend.

I Spend more of my money with Kaylyn, Because she is a Great Demo....and a Great friend!

As for the online friend, I buy from her once in awhile.

What I'm saying here is go with the one that you prefer! If you are Happy with then stay.
You can still buy somethings from the new one...Just don't go hog wild over it...
And if she pressure you into buying...Just walk away.

IMO

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 04:11 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool How odd is *this*!!

I'm reading this thread when *BOOM* outta nowhere, Nancy mentions *me*!! Jumpin' grasshoppers, had to do a double-take!

That has actually happened to me as a demo! I hope they're grown-ups about it...there is no reason why you can't either: a) buy from one and be up-front and happy with it; or b) buy from whoever is offering the best deal or who has shown you a new technique or is satisfying your needs at a particular time.

I will frequently demo with the same customers. And from time to time, they will have a guest who already has a demo to whom she is devoted. I try to handle it as: Hey - glad you're here for so-and-so's party. ___________ is your regular demo? Her work is *fab* [I usually know the demo, or if I haven't yet] I can't wait to see her work! I hope to be able to teach you something new tonight, but if not, I hope that you have a fun and relaxing time with your friends. I just want you to know that from this point forward, you're always welcome at one of my functions, but I'd prefer that you maintain your relationship with _____________.

I find that kind of open approach (of course, *away* from the other guests!) really takes a load off. That's why I say: I hope they're grown-ups about it! And I hope that you'll take part in the events offered by *both* demos because you'll learn so much more. And as your friend becomes more involved, her style will change and her repertoire will grow.

Hey Nancy: Thanks for the kind words - can't wait to get together and see what you do with Cool Cat!! ~ K
Reply With Quote Likes