Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-01-2004, 10:09 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order taking forever

I have to vent Im in a 150 club, and out meeting (order night) was on the 9th, and we still haven't received out order. I know the demo wouldn't take another week to get the order in, I think SU is taking a long time. I know they moved, but maybe they should have planned this better. You don't want to make a mojor move just before the holidays. I have to place another monthly order in a week, and Im afraid my order won't get here in time to make my xmas cards.

Im staring to feel a little better. :?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 10:16 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

So sorry that has happened to you. You should check with your demonstrator. The orders are going out pretty quickly from SU! right now. I placed an order for my club on 10/15 and had it by 10/29...which means you should have yours before now.

Best of luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 10:17 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

That seems VERY strange to me. When was the order actually put in? Have you caleld her to see whats up? They are working on orders from last week now-I'd give her a call and ask her directly.

We shouldn't have expectations of others that we, ourselves, could not fulfill.

my blog: hownowbrownkow
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 10:36 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Well, I can tell you that I placed my club order on 10/21 and when I checked on Friday, 10/29 it still hadn't shipped so I called demo support. They never got back with me so I called them again this morning. My order just shipped today! So it took 11 days for them to ship it. And of course it'll take another 5 to 7 days to reach me. The excuse demo support gave me was that it was a glitch in the computer system that didn't allow the order to download for picking.

So I would call your demo and find out what's going on. It could be something like that and if she hasn't called to check on it, then it could stay in limbo until she does.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 10:38 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I would also check with the demo...I placed an order on October 23rd and had it at home on October 29th. It was SPEEDY...maybe the demo placed it later than she said she would?????
Member #4235
Check out my blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 10:38 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Have you ever noticed that things fall out of the sky, only after you've checked on them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 10:49 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I had my first workshop on Sept. 28th and I am still waiting for my blender pens. I did get most of the order by Oct. 19th. There were a few things on backorder, but still never got my blender pens. I want them so bad!!! What's taking them so long? I hope they didn't forget about them. After all, I did pay for them. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 10:51 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

I placed an order on 10/23 and it just shipped on 11/1 and it didn't ship ups. It went appears to have been sent by MAIL!!! Please don't be quick to blame the demo. Too many of us are losing our credibility due to things beyond our control and Stampin Up's inconsistencies aren't helping matters.
Stampin Up's reputation for speedy delivery has spoiled us for sure. I've waited much longer for other companies to deliver. It just really makes it hard to know when to expect product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 10:56 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I am finding their shipping really confusing right now. Sometimes I'll place an order and within hours it is picked and out their door! Next time it will seemingly take soooo many days to get on the road. (for instance I placed a demo order last Thurs. and it hasn't even been picked yet!---I need the stuff for my workshops next week :? )

Just wish it would all get straightened out soon----I'm starting to get aggravated customers. :( I do sympathize with SU! that they had a big move on their hands----but it's starting to drag out and people are soon gonna get crabby! lol!

JMO!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 11:13 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Until you have talked to your demo please dont blame SU! I sent my club order in on the 19th and we got it all last thursday. All of hte itmes were there and nothing was backordered....I would check with your demo about how long it took her to get it in, you never know she could have taken a few days extra getting it in for one reason or another....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 11:21 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had a $600.00 order that went in on 10/21 and received it on 10/29. Only one item was on backorder - the paper piecing punch! I was pretty surprised with the quick turnaround!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 11:21 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I don't know if you heard yet or not, but if there was a personalized stamp anywhere in the order thats why it wasn't shipped yet. They had some kind of computers problem that was skipping over those orders. (my last hostess party bieng one of them) They have isolated the problem and are now shipping those out as fast as they can. If not a personalized stamp problem then it was probably the demo for waiting to put the order in because things have been shipping fast lately. Hope that helps.

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.com/go/londonrain
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 11:23 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I had a party Oct 3, the demo placed the order within 2 days and the stuff didn't arrive until 10/20. We normally get orders within about a week. My demo was closely monitoring the shipment of our purchases so I know it wasn't her! She was just as anxious to receive her items as the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 11:30 AM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

I DON"T think it is the demonstrator - I talked to my upline and she placed a bunch of orders on the 15th and they hadn't shipped yet. There was a "glitch" in the system. There are at least two other demo's in our group that had the same thing happen. Those orders showed as shipped but they actually had not. I have a HUGE order from the 18th that just shipped today - so I am looking at 3 WEEKS!!! I agree something has to be done - this has gone on TOOO long - but I don't think it was your demonstrator. Some orders are coming quickly but there are still a bunch they are having problems with.
Hang in there!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 11:40 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

What has me upset is that there are also a lot of things that seem to be on backorder 'indefinitely.' I was sooo excited to get the new catalog, and wanted the punch that has the three "retro looking" rectangles...only to find out it is not available. Also the slit punch, and I didn't get my blender pens for about 2 months.

I know moves can be tough, but I don't think they should have tried to do it at the same time as the catalog launch. That's like starting a new job, getting married AND moving into a new home all at once!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 11:49 AM   #16  
Crimping Master

Hi piersoncr! You got that right! So, it took forever to get your blender pens too? I'm starting to get very annoyed. I also ordered the two different size circle punches and had to return one because it didn't cut a nice crisp circle. It jammed and just ripped the paper all to pieces. I wonder how long thats gonna take now, after I waited sooooo long for my whole shipment to come in. And I know it wasn't my demos fault.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 12:04 PM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

I just wanted to say that I placed on order on 10/15 and it just shipped today. I did not have a personal stamp in the order, but it was delayed anyway. It was a computer glitch. So even though your show was 10/9, I'm wondering if your order is in this batch. Hang in there and check with your demo, she should be able to tell you exactly what day you will get it.

<----- SAHM to my buddy Jack!

AUTISM IS TREATABLE - VISIT www.tacanow.org for more info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 12:25 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Penny!
My sister is a demo and has mentioned that one of her customers had the same problem with that punch. Unfortunately she also seems to have had a lot of wrong shipments lately...ink cartridges in the shipment instead of ink pads, Wrong color, etc...Grrr...!

Luckily, since she is a demo, I can always steal the stuff she DOES have when I babysit her kids...that's only fair, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 01:02 PM   #19  
Crimping Master

Hi piersoncr!

That sounds fair to me. LOL! Your lucky to have a sister as a demo! I also received a bottle of black refill ink in my shipment, but nobody ordered it. I mentioned it to my demo but she had no clue. I just hope it didn't belong in someone elses shipment. Boy, they really need to straighten some things out. There's gonna be a lot of angry customers.

~Penny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 01:05 PM   #20  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by londonrain
I don't know if you heard yet or not, but if there was a personalized stamp anywhere in the order thats why it wasn't shipped yet. They had some kind of computers problem that was skipping over those orders. (my last hostess party bieng one of them) They have isolated the problem and are now shipping those out as fast as they can. If not a personalized stamp problem then it was probably the demo for waiting to put the order in because things have been shipping fast lately. Hope that helps.
My order was skipped from the 16th and it did not have a personalized stamp. So, please don't blame the demo just b/c there is no personalized stamp. It's the new software at SU! that has caused the glitch. I did notice that the order actually went out on 10/30 though and they hand entered the shipping information this morning and it says 11/1.
Member #7840!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 01:41 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

I've been told that backorders are not a priority right now while they're trying to catch up with the regular orders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 02:02 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Seems it should be the other way 'round.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 02:20 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Exactly!! I mean if they don't please the customers that are on backorder, these people certainly won't be customers that come back for a return order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 02:27 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

How 'bout it? I agree! I don't think thats very fair to the people who placed their orders first. Their being put on the back burner. Which isn't it suppose to be first come, first serve?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 02:52 PM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

Penny Hall:
Where is Pen Argyl?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 03:02 PM   #26  
Crimping Master

It's about 30-45 minutes from Allentown. Have you ever heard of Allentown? Also near Easton. (home of Binney & Smith Crayola Crayon Factory)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 03:31 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Two of my bros were born in Allentown and Bethlehem!!! That was when we lived in NJ!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 03:43 PM   #28  
Inking Addict

I still have not received an aqua painter that I ordered on 9/26 and they still have not shipped out a few items that I ordered on 10/12. and these items are nothing special. Just paper and I REALLY need it to make cards for a craft fair that I have in less than 2 weeks. So Frustrating!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 03:47 PM   #29  
Polyshrink Goddess

There was a post on the website that stated if someone ordered a personalized stamp that that held up orders as well... so if someone ordered one of those that maybe the reason that you dont have your order. I agree things are taking longer and it IS very frustrating, it took forever (almost 2 months) for me to get my aquapainters... It doesn't do any good to get all mad, it doesn't speed anything up. Call your demo and have her call demo support, they maybe albe to figure out what happened with the oder
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 04:07 PM   #30  
Inking Addict

I am a demo and I did call up. All the person told me is that they don't know when everything will be shipped. They have no clue there. Unless they just don't feel like explaining it to everyone. I'm not mad over it. I'm just getting nervous that I wont have my cards made ontime for the craft fair.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2004, 04:15 PM   #31  
Compulsive Stamper

I too, am a demonstrator with an order of over $700 that was placed on October 15th that is just in picking right now. It had one personalized stamp in it, which just happened to be someone that added it at the last minute. I agree, it's so frustrating, and I know the people at SU are frustrated, too. It is really hard with the timing since all of us are wanting to work on christmas cards and hold holiday workshops! This was a first time hostess for me (and most of the gals at the workshop were first timers as well)... i am working extra hard to make sure they have a good impression of SU and not that it is slow and unorganized. I hope and pray that nothing will be backordered after this long of a wait!
Reply With Quote Likes