Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-16-2010, 07:37 AM   #81  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only started buying PTI products in the past 4 months and this was the first time I've heard about problems with their ink, but I don't hang out at their 'happy place' and I really hadn't followed any PTI threads on here until recently. Thankfully I just ordered the vintage cream cube last week and that's the only ink I've ever ordered from them. I can tell you I probably won't be buying any of their new ink in the future just based on everything I've read in this thread.

I love all their other products and I haven't run into any cs issues yet, but I really can't stand the problems with their website. They need to get on top of that and fast. Clearly, too many hits and not a big enough server and this last release was a nightmare to order. I ended up placing 2 orders--one that met the $60 free shipping and one that consisted of the fillable frames #5 die ONLY since either the buttons to add it to my cart wouldn't work or I'd get kicked out of the server. It killed me to pay $5 for the die and $6.50 for the shipping, but I felt if I didn't suck it up and do it, I would lose out when the die went out of stock.

In the end, it was my choice to buy it but next time, if I run into those problems on release night, I just might stop buying from PTI altogether. I lost an extra hour of sleep trying to order on their crummy site too:mad:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #82  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

I'm so glad to see they are revamping all of the inks because I do love their colors and I am a matchy-matchy person so everything must MATCH

I have had crappy luck with about half of their inks, the other half are fine (I have all of them).

Recently I took some out of my drawer to use and they smelled horrible and were goopy and an off color...and these were 2 of the more recent formulations with the spongy pad.

I asked about it in the PTI Forum and didn't get the answer I wanted but oh well....maybe they already had hard feelings on the "ink issue" and I hit a nerve...:twisted:

Hopefully the new ones are great

Until they come out I guess I'll go back to mostly SU! paper and inks which I was really trying to get away from...
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 07:45 AM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapcat71View Post
I've only started buying PTI products in the past 4 months and this was the first time I've heard about problems with their ink, but I don't hang out at their 'happy place' and I really hadn't followed any PTI threads on here until recently. Thankfully I just ordered the vintage cream cube last week and that's the only ink I've ever ordered from them. I can tell you I probably won't be buying any of their new ink in the future just based on everything I've read in this thread.

I love all their other products and I haven't run into any cs issues yet, but I really can't stand the problems with their website. They need to get on top of that and fast. Clearly, too many hits and not a big enough server and this last release was a nightmare to order. I ended up placing 2 orders--one that met the $60 free shipping and one that consisted of the fillable frames #5 die ONLY since either the buttons to add it to my cart wouldn't work or I'd get kicked out of the server. It killed me to pay $5 for the die and $6.50 for the shipping, but I felt if I didn't suck it up and do it, I would lose out when the die went out of stock.

In the end, it was my choice to buy it but next time, if I run into those problems on release night, I just might stop buying from PTI altogether. I lost an extra hour of sleep trying to order on their crummy site too:mad:
I've managed in the past on release night, when the new button wasn't working on the release page, to "find" things listed in their regular place ~ for instance using the headings in the left column. And sometimes if you can't find something at all, it's listed under something else!! A month ago, there were two buttons for the same thing -- b/c one of the buttons was really for something else!! That is someone being careless. And that's inconsiderate.

Which is why it never crossed my mind this month to stay up!! I still haven't ordered... and interestingly, nothing I want seems to be sold out.

Frankly, the whole experience has taught me to not be in such a big hurry to place an order, and that's a good thing.

I'm all done with release night. Why does it have to be at midnight anyway for crying out loud?! Silly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #84  
Die Cut Diva

I won't try to get into the ink debate. I don't think there is an answer that will make everyone happy. But as far as the other stuff goes, people need to remember that this is a 3 yr. old company that has had unbelievable growth. I am amazed by the people who think that by now PTI should have been able to come up with all the answers on web site issues, inventory issues, product issues etc. Remember they started 3 years ago with 3 people. What they have now is a whole lot bigger than what they started with. You just don't over night figure it all out. While the success is great it also comes with a long list of issues. I have dealt with start up companies in my accounting career and one of the hardest issues is finding trustworthy and competent help. For example you have to hire an accountant but know nothing about it, so you hope and pray that the person is good and knows what they are doing - not robbing you blind. Sometimes it works, a lot of times it does not. They are dealing with product releases each month (and lots of them each month), they have web site issues, future product development, staffing issues, inventory issues (heck even SU who has been around for 20 yrs. still has those), warehouse issues (probably don't fit into the same space they did 3 yrs ago.), etc etc. The thing that kills most start up companies is trying to do it all too fast. PTI is growing to fast in my opinion. They need to slow down, take care of some issues, I am just not sure that their customers will allow it. As this thread shows you, we are a demanding group of people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #85  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWDStampView Post
I won't try to get into the ink debate. I don't think there is an answer that will make everyone happy. But as far as the other stuff goes, people need to remember that this is a 3 yr. old company that has had unbelievable growth. I am amazed by the people who think that by now PTI should have been able to come up with all the answers on web site issues, inventory issues, product issues etc. Remember they started 3 years ago with 3 people. What they have now is a whole lot bigger than what they started with. You just don't over night figure it all out. While the success is great it also comes with a long list of issues. I have dealt with start up companies in my accounting career and one of the hardest issues is finding trustworthy and competent help. For example you have to hire an accountant but know nothing about it, so you hope and pray that the person is good and knows what they are doing - not robbing you blind. Sometimes it works, a lot of times it does not. They are dealing with product releases each month (and lots of them each month), they have web site issues, future product development, staffing issues, inventory issues (heck even SU who has been around for 20 yrs. still has those), warehouse issues (probably don't fit into the same space they did 3 yrs ago.), etc etc. The thing that kills most start up companies is trying to do it all too fast. PTI is growing to fast in my opinion. They need to slow down, take care of some issues, I am just not sure that their customers will allow it. As this thread shows you, we are a demanding group of people.
To an extent I agree with you. There was a discussion yesterday as to whether or not they were going to hold off releasing any new colors until they were going to re-release the new ink in Oct. They have opted to continue with the releases and just not include ink. I think the smart business decision would have been to hold off and take the time to "catch up" so to speak and maybe scale down the releases over the summer. The summer time tends to be a slower time of year for most retail businesses. They could have use the time to fix some of the other issues they have been having. While it may have disappointed customers to do this in the short term and their sales may drop off fro a few months, I think in the long run it would have benefited them to take a few months to slow down.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #86  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWDStampView Post
But as far as the other stuff goes, people need to remember that this is a 3 yr. old company that has had unbelievable growth. I am amazed by the people who think that by now PTI should have been able to come up with all the answers on web site issues, inventory issues, product issues etc. Remember they started 3 years ago with 3 people. What they have now is a whole lot bigger than what they started with. You just don't over night figure it all out. They are dealing with product releases each month (and lots of them each month), they have web site issues, future product development, staffing issues, inventory issues (heck even SU who has been around for 20 yrs. still has those), warehouse issues (probably don't fit into the same space they did 3 yrs ago.), etc etc. The thing that kills most start up companies is trying to do it all too fast. PTI is growing to fast in my opinion. They need to slow down, take care of some issues, I am just not sure that their customers will allow it. As this thread shows you, we are a demanding group of people.
Website issues, inventory issues, etc. are problems people can deal with. But a quality issue is not something a customer should "eat the cost of" or "too bad for you". If a product is defective, PTI should reimburse the full cost, if they (PTI) are reputable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #87  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinnistewView Post
It took me a bit to figure out how to get them out..... I just use my Stick Quik. Thanks for the tip!
I have one of those! (forgot about it) Thanks for the tip. I'll try it too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #88  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikikarenView Post
Those dies are great for getting out (and causing) frustration! I find that I have to throw mine against the table several times to get the cut paper out, or at least up enough that I can pry the paper out. You can try sticking the paper with a pin too (like MFT did - BTW, the same company makes both PTI and MFT dies), but it's hard to do that, get it out, and not leave a mark that shows. A pinhole in the die would be nice! BTW, if you ever get the dies, it's easier to line things up if you stamp the outline stamp of the balloons first and then do the inner stamp.
I don't think this will ever happen because of patents- Spellbinders� owns that patented open die.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

ahhh, so sad, and I wanted to start collecting their inks and papers too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #90  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmamaView Post
I don't think this will ever happen because of patents- Spellbinders� owns that patented open die.
They do. However, they don't own a pinhole. MFT has a pinhole in theirs. Regardless, just because you own a patent doesn't mean you can't license the use!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #91  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by smaverick1View Post
I'm not tryin to incite a thread riot but its about the whole "I deserve a refund" or "they should pay return shipping" complaints. To address the first, PTI inks have been hit&miss for a while with the new formula. Yet, people bought them month after month, colour after colour. Seems to me the customer made a choice to continually invest in a product that had proven itself to be 100% unpredictable and unreliable. Why should those consumers be rewarded now when they could have gone elsewhere for inks that worked & matched? Hindsight is 20/20.
If PTI knew their inks were defective (which they clearly did), then they had a duty to warn of the defect on their website. Knowledge goes both ways, and at least in Texas, the company is held to a higher duty in this situation than the consumer.

I honestly didn't read threads about their inks. I don't follow their forums. I didn't think I needed to as I trusted PTI to not sell me crap. I ordered some of their inks based on my belief that like their paper and stamps that the inks would be good quality, especially since they'd gone to the trouble to reformulate them and claimed to have fixed any issues. I actually bought all of their inks that I have (other than the two little distressing cubes) within the past few months. They apparently not only knew, but unequivocally knew, that their inks were defective during that time. Despite this, they continued to sell them as though they were quality. They lied. That's really what it boils down to for me. So, I'm off to other companies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #92  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikikarenView Post
If PTI knew their inks were defective (which they clearly did), then they had a duty to warn of the defect on their website. Knowledge goes both ways, and at least in Texas, the company is held to a higher duty in this situation than the consumer.

I honestly didn't read threads about their inks. I don't follow their forums. I didn't think I needed to as I trusted PTI to not sell me crap. I ordered some of their inks based on my belief that like their paper and stamps that the inks would be good quality, especially since they'd gone to the trouble to reformulate them and claimed to have fixed any issues. I actually bought all of their inks that I have (other than the two little distressing cubes) within the past few months. They apparently not only knew, but unequivocally knew, that their inks were defective during that time. Despite this, they continued to sell them as though they were quality. They lied. That's really what it boils down to for me. So, I'm off to other companies!

Well Karen I have to disagree with you.

Some people did not have problems with the new formula at all. They inks were not all around defective. SOME of the inks had issues and they are working to fix those. If you receive a defective pad, send it back and you will be reimbursed.

This sounds very reasonable to me. But, if not to you, than you can definitely chose to shop elswhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #93  
Die Cut Diva

I find it interesting that a few people on this thread seem to think that there is no complaining about PTI product on PTI's forums. I read those forums fairly regularly, and there are usually posts complaining about the ink, out of stock items, long shipping times etc. I'm not trying to defend PTI, I truly do think that this ink switch (again) is a big issue for many customers, I'm just saying that most people seem to be pretty open and honest about PTI's faults on the PTI forums. Of course, you will always have what some refer to as "cheerleaders," but those sort of people are on SCS too.

Don't breed or buy while homeless animals die!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

HMMMMMMMMM
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

What I'm secretly hoping for is when they get the new ink they offer some combo where there is a discount if I buy them all at once. I'm not unhappy with my ink, but I'm a sucker for Papertrey so I'd likely buy all the cubes for some small discount or something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #96  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love the cardstock and ribbon. Wondering what paper you're not happy with gale??

I've bought their products from the beginning and have been happy with everything except the ink pads (early ones in darker colors were okay), early on some stamp issues, customer service, the midnight release time, the periodic manufacturing issues (why is dark chocolate saddle-stitched ribbon impossible to make?) . . . okay, a few things.

I'm not writing them off but I haven't had the "Kool-Aid" either!

I realize these aren't PTI's answers, but just saying "well, they grew too fast" is an excuse. No one builds a company like that without having a clue of what they're doing. Fix the problems. So many people say that "they really listen to their customers." What?! They will do what will draw a profit. Just like SU or any other company.

And how can anyone say that they can't slow down because the customers will not stand for it?! Good grief. That makes no sense at all. We only wish we had that sort of power, LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #97  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the first four colors in cardstock, ink, and ribbon. I stopped buying due to the fact that cardstock would arrive dinged and they would not replace it. Seemed to think it was not their fault.

I understand that since then they have improved the packaging to prevent that very thing that wasn't their fault. :mrgreen: But they had already lost me...especially since some of the colors they came out with were so close to SU! colors that I didn't see the point in continuing to purchase them.

I haven't looked at the ink pads in a long time, so I guess I should check them to see if they've gone bad...as I recall, the Aqua Mist was the only one that gave me problems, but it's been a while so I don't remember.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #98  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwelch10377View Post
To an extent I agree with you. There was a discussion yesterday as to whether or not they were going to hold off releasing any new colors until they were going to re-release the new ink in Oct. They have opted to continue with the releases and just not include ink. I think the smart business decision would have been to hold off and take the time to "catch up" so to speak and maybe scale down the releases over the summer. The summer time tends to be a slower time of year for most retail businesses. They could have use the time to fix some of the other issues they have been having. While it may have disappointed customers to do this in the short term and their sales may drop off fro a few months, I think in the long run it would have benefited them to take a few months to slow down.
MANY of us PTI customers begged them to keep the new releases and include the new color minus the ink for now. Again PTI LISTENED to what the customers wanted.

in my MONTHS and Hundreds of dollars later - I have never had an issue with PTI.
I have used their customer service and it was very good.
My products come shipped very good and I have never had anything damaged or missing like I did with SU.
PTI LISTENS to us customers. We do not want a break for summer releases. We LOVE those releases.
Many of us the ink change is another example of PTI striving for quality.

Ya know everyone talks about PTI making people pay return shipping. SU did the SAME THING to me with a SAB stamp set year. It was the punch one and there was a little area with the dots missing. I called DS as I was still a demo and they told me I HAD TO PAY RETURN shipping. So it is SU also doing this and not just PTI.

For those that just bought inks from PTI -
PTI made this decision rather quick without much warning for even them. They did announce it as soon as the decision was made.

Last edited by meluvstampin; 06-16-2010 at 12:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #99  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
MANY of us PTI customers begged them to keep the new releases and include the new color minus the ink for now. Again PTI LISTENED to what the customers wanted.
They listened to what the customers wanted, however from a business standpoint it isn't always the best thing. I know they wanted to make their customers happy by making this decision, but I don't even think they should have even put it out there that they were trying to decide what to do because of course as customers we are going to want them to release the new colors anyway. If they had just said "hey everyone we are going to hold off releasing any new colors til Oct" there may have been disappointments but I am sure that people would not quit shopping with PTI for that particular reason. There are some business decisions that should be kept behind the scenes and I think this was one of them.

The company I work for uses alot of customer feedback to drive change, but there are some decisions that have to be made that may disappoint our customers, but we dodn't really have a choice because it was either affecting us from a sales/profit standpoint or an operational. In the case of PTI not releasing new colors for a few months could have helped them from an operational stand point.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #100  
Crimping Master

Thumbs up

Actually, "they" didn't put it out there that they were trying to decide what to do about new colors. Several PTI forum members brought it up in a thread. Nichole actually said it was a decision that they would be making and customer opinion would have little to do with it. A few people have mentioned taking a little break or slowing down the releases so they(customers) could catch up. The vast majority of customers made it clear that they look forward to all the new goodies and would be disappointed if they cut back. While some may say that is a bad business decision, it is PTI's decision to make. I personally think SU retiring 30 colors all at once was a bad decision, but I am not in charge at SU. Every company has to make their own decisions based on what they believe is right for their company and their customers. Since PTI gets 1000's of orders every week, they must be making at least some good decisions.;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwelch10377View Post
They listened to what the customers wanted, however from a business standpoint it isn't always the best thing. I know they wanted to make their customers happy by making this decision, but I don't even think they should have even put it out there that they were trying to decide what to do because of course as customers we are going to want them to release the new colors anyway. If they had just said "hey everyone we are going to hold off releasing any new colors til Oct" there may have been disappointments but I am sure that people would not quit shopping with PTI for that particular reason. There are some business decisions that should be kept behind the scenes and I think this was one of them.

The company I work for uses alot of customer feedback to drive change, but there are some decisions that have to be made that may disappoint our customers, but we dodn't really have a choice because it was either affecting us from a sales/profit standpoint or an operational. In the case of PTI not releasing new colors for a few months could have helped them from an operational stand point.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #101  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4View Post
Actually, "they" didn't put it out there that they were trying to decide what to do about new colors. Several PTI forum members brought it up in a thread. Nichole actually said it was a decision that they would be making and customer opinion would have little to do with it. A few people have mentioned taking a little break or slowing down the releases so they(customers) could catch up. The vast majority of customers made it clear that they look forward to all the new goodies and would be disappointed if they cut back. While some may say that is a bad business decision, it is PTI's decision to make. I personally think SU retiring 30 colors all at once was a bad decision, but I am not in charge at SU. Every company has to make their own decisions based on what they believe is right for their company and their customers. Since PTI gets 1000's of orders every week, they must be making at least some good decisions.;)
They kinda did put it out there since they responded to the thread about what they were going to do. They really shouldn't have responded until they knew either way what they were going to do. Sometimes you get so worried about pleasing people that you don't totally think things through and figure out if the decision that you want to make is truly the right one.

Don't get me wrong I love PTI and I have no plans to stop ordering from them, but they have some major issues to address, include out of stocks and the website. I know they want to make their customers happy and example of that is listening to all the feedback about the website. I know they wanted to hurry up and please their customers, and to do that they changed the website over during a release, well looked what happened. Instead of testing it during an off-peak time and making sure everything was 100% they ended up fustrating customers because the new site wasn't working properly. They may be getting 1000's of orders, but who knows how many they are losing because of some of the issues they are experiencing.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Wow. I'm glad I never drank the PTI kool aid. I have some paper that I'm not happy with and a stamp set or two that I never use. In fact I keep thinking about selling them.
Gale, I am one of those girls who sells stuff pretty often, whenever I get sick of it. Anyhow I've sold quite a few PTI sets and I wanted to just let you know they have pretty good resale value for me. I find they even get scooped up faster than similarly priced/sized SU sets, which used to be the standard for resale for me. So if you do decide to sell I hope you get a great price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #103  
Stazon Splitcoast

I must admit I have not read this whole thread but I was wondering if anyone tried using was paper between the die and cardstock (like was suggested for nesties) to see if the cardstock will come out of the dies easier? Just thought I would ask...
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #104  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm curious about issues with the website from a customer standpoint.

I witnessed that debacle of switching over right before the release last month ~ what a mess! And it was an absurd decision.

But what I'm wondering is what customers didn't like about the website to begin with. I think it's fun to change things up now and then, but frankly I never had a single issue with the website. It worked. I could always find things. So just curious what people didn't like about it -- I've never heard any particulars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sf9erfanView Post
Nope, unfortunately, no refund. In the Ink thread someone posted above from the PTI forum. Nicole states no refunds will be given unless they are unopened. But if you have a faulty ink pad, you contact CS and go through the normal channels for a refund.

I have a sucky situation, 3 days before the announcement I bought 9 ink pads -making my color collection complete and didn't buy the reinkers (I always do that later, just easier on the pocketbook!). I have already asked in the PTI forum if the NEW reinkers will work on the OLD pads and the answer was no.

That is a big bummer cause I know I will now have to replace these when they dry out, instead of just reinking them.

I am one of the people who don't mind them revamping all their inks, I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with. I think it is admirable to try to get a Perfect Match to their cardstock like SU does. We all love matchy-matchy!
I did the same thing, Michelle...I ordered 5 ink pads the morning of the release, and have 3 unopened ones here. I will be sending those back for a credit and finding matches between VersaMagic, Memento, & SU until we see how the new PTI ink works out. I'd rather have current product, kwim?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #106  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
I'm curious about issues with the website from a customer standpoint.

I witnessed that debacle of switching over right before the release last month ~ what a mess! And it was an absurd decision.

But what I'm wondering is what customers didn't like about the website to begin with. I think it's fun to change things up now and then, but frankly I never had a single issue with the website. It worked. I could always find things. So just curious what people didn't like about it -- I've never heard any particulars.
I have heard some complaints that the website is hard to navigate. I also know that the website has crashed several times when people are flocking there to place their order right after midnight. I also believe that I heard that people have some trouble with their gallery.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #107  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlozbView Post
I have heard some complaints that the website is hard to navigate. I also know that the website has crashed several times when people are flocking there to place their order right after midnight. I also believe that I heard that people have some trouble with their gallery.
Oh yeah... release nights -- I get that. And I do remember now that the gallery has been an issue for a long time.

Maybe I didn't get that it was hard to navigate b/c I am thoroughly familiar with it, LOL!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #108  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Oh yeah... release nights -- I get that. And I do remember now that the gallery has been an issue for a long time.

Maybe I didn't get that it was hard to navigate b/c I am thoroughly familiar with it, LOL!!!!!
LOL! Yeah, I feel like I know the website by heart!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #109  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Ya know everyone talks about PTI making people pay return shipping. SU did the SAME THING to me with a SAB stamp set year. It was the punch one and there was a little area with the dots missing. I called DS as I was still a demo and they told me I HAD TO PAY RETURN shipping. So it is SU also doing this and not just PTI.
So sorry that happened to you - I have not had that happen and to my knowledge SU do and have for me paid return shipping on damaged items provided its within 90 days of the order - you call DS first to get your RMA and then to return it, there is a form and a 'prepaid' shipping label that you print out to send back your items...(for any demos wanting to find this, do a search for 'order correction' on the demo website and you'll find the full deets)...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #110  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I realize these aren't PTI's answers, but just saying "well, they grew too fast" is an excuse. No one builds a company like that without having a clue of what they're doing. Fix the problems.
But that is the thing with someone who starts a new business. They don't know everything. No one is an expert in all fields of business. And from what I know of Nichole's background, I am pretty sure she does not have a business degree. Even so you can research and study all you want but it is not until you get into the real world that you will encounter real problems. Do you think starting out that they were thinking of a plan on what to do when so many customers want to buy stuff all at the same time that it will crash their site? Or what to do when a product does not work. Or how to implement a new website. I'm guessing they were just hoping someone would buy some of their stamps. You can never be fully prepared for every issue that is going to come up because you don't know what the future will bring. Think about SCS - it started out as a small site for a SU demo and her downlines. I am sure they would have never guessed that it would become what it did. SCS also went through growing pains, site issues, changes that people did and did not like - granted there is no "product." Any new start-up company is going to hit bumps in the road, often times a lot of them. How you deal with them determines if you survive or not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #111  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
I did the same thing, Michelle...I ordered 5 ink pads the morning of the release, and have 3 unopened ones here. I will be sending those back for a credit and finding matches between VersaMagic, Memento, & SU until we see how the new PTI ink works out. I'd rather have current product, kwim?
Good idea Shannan. I should just not open them and send them back for a credit. Heaven knows when the new formulated inks come out I will want them. In the meantime, I have every SU ink and a big stash of other brands, I get by!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #112  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

I'm surprised...either the DS person was misinformed or you misunderstood the process. Any time you return product for quality reasons, there is never a shipping charge. They give you an RMA number, you print the form and write the number in and paste it on. I've been a demo for 7 years and I've had to return things now and then and have NEVER paid shipping unless I was returning things I decided not to keep.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #113  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow, lots of info here. I feel bad for those who got bad ink pads. I've been stamping for many years now and some pads are great, some are not. I have a problem with small ink pads drying out too fast, others say they do not. I have opened up brand new Staz-On pads that were dry, this was not a problem for everyone. For some reason, most pigment inks always dry out really fast for me, (ex. Colorbox and Brilliance), some don't have that problem and honestly, if a pad does not work for me, I just don't buy any more of them.
Reinkers are usually a must with light colors and frequently used colors like black or Versamark. Ink pads are our tools and sometimes we will need to replace these tools when we find that our tools are not working well for us. I stick with the ones that give me consistently good performance such as Versafine, and Ancient Page.
I understand PTI not being able to refund everyone's money unless they want to go into bankruptcy, I dought they are getting bail out money from the government, so that might not be a reality for a small company.

There is a great thread on SCS that talks about things we regret buying. Many of us have lost lots of $$ on things we really wanted but didn't work. I just recently purchased a craft knife highly recommended by a high profile craft "celebrity" and I HATE it. I guess the "buyers beware" is still the best policy.

http://camanocardmaker.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #114  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post
I'm surprised...either the DS person was misinformed or you misunderstood the process. Any time you return product for quality reasons, there is never a shipping charge. They give you an RMA number, you print the form and write the number in and paste it on. I've been a demo for 7 years and I've had to return things now and then and have NEVER paid shipping unless I was returning things I decided not to keep.
i did not misunderstand. The DS rep told me I had to pay the shipping to return it. I was mad and remember repeating it back to her a couple of times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 PM   #115  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

i did not misunderstand. The DS rep told me I had to pay the shipping to return it. I was mad and remember repeating it back to her a couple of times.
Well, she was jank, then. :mrgreen: I'd have asked to speak to a supervisor.

From the demo manual:

Quote:

Merchandise Return Form
The Merchandise Return Form should be used to return
damaged or defective items or items received in error. If you
discover a problem with an item or order, call Demonstrator
Support. You will be given a Return Merchandise Authorization
(RMA) number to list on the return postage label and on the
Merchandise Return Form. The Merchandise Return Form can
be printed from the Printing Place online.
It's sad that the DS person didn't know what to do, but my experience is that that is the exception and not the norm.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #116  
Matboard Maniac

Pollybear - there's always a thread like that every month, and it always surprises me! I guess some people have more disposable income than me (not surprising since I'm in graduate school!). I just don't order on release night anymore, and I don't order unless they have everything I want in stock, unless it's maybe just a ribbon or something small, then I just live without it. The out of stock stuff irritates me because there can't really be that many new people ordering every month that things are getting bought up that quickly. However, it does seem like stamp sets are out of stock less frequently now than they used to be, and it's mostly the dies that are flying off the shelves. I think they did make some changes to how many stamp sets they order, and they're just a little slow to respond on the dies. I always hear that they're ordering more every month, but they must not be ordering enough!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #117  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollybearView Post
Overall, I love PTI and have only missed a month here and there to order the new things. That being said, early on I had ink trouble so I just did not order more. The PTI cardstock is such superior quality to SU that I immediately started the switch over to PTI. Customer service? About 50//50 in my experience. Half the time I get good service and half the time I don't. Took them over 8 months to credit a return to my account and then I had to email several times to get that done. On the other hand, I find the stamp designs and the sneak peeks and the anticipation just so much fun. No one comes close to the fabulous designs they have and what they do with them. Love, love, love the matching dies. Yes, the out of stocks, the crashes on release night, website and forum issues are all highly frustrating and I have to wonder if all the constant out of stocks don't actually pay off as you hear about so many people ordering 2-3 times to get their items. I imagine they end up selling more as a result so not sure if they will be as motivated to keep stock as we think they should. '

The midnight release and late night sneak peeks are annoying. If you do wait up and you are tired, and they have built the anticipation to a crescendo and then it crashes or you cannot get your whole order, they are bound to have really, really cranky women. I think that doing it earlier in the evening would not leave people feeling annoyed that they stayed up hours later and it ended in tired frustration. Why they do this so late in the night is beyond me.

But still, between the fabulous cardstock, matching dies, wonderful ribbon, and spectacular stamp sets, I would probably walk on hot coals to get what I want. I am frustrated though, that after several years they still seem to go from one crisis to the next.
Couldn't agree with you more. Yes, there are few glitches here and there...and yes, I do get frustrated with the out of stock items, etc., This is not entirely PTI's fault since more and more people are ordering. In an unselfish way, I am a little happy for them when this happens...sad for myself tho ;).

But until I find another company whose designs is remotely close to PTI's...I won't stop ordering each month. There are so many stamp companies popping up left and right...but most of them are not my style. And when I do find something I like from them, I caught myself thinking...hm...maybe I should wait for the PTI version to come out. :rolleyes: And lots of time, they do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #118  
Inking Addict

I guess it goes to show that you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. That's the double-edged sword of an open forum like Papertrey has. I think it's fair to remember that we are dealing with real people here, so there's no need to bash. I'm just glad I'm not trying to run a company like PTI, because I know I'd fail miserably. Like PTI products? Great. Don't like some or all of them? Fine. No biggie. There are plenty of other places to go. No one is going to like everything about any company. Be honest about what you would like changed, but don't take it personally when a business decision is made that you don't like.

Maybe I feel that way because I have to feed dinner to 7 other people every night, and NO ONE ever likes everything I make. And I don't give refunds...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 02:43 AM   #119  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cknuttiView Post
I guess it goes to show that you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time. That's the double-edged sword of an open forum like Papertrey has. I think it's fair to remember that we are dealing with real people here, so there's no need to bash. I'm just glad I'm not trying to run a company like PTI, because I know I'd fail miserably. Like PTI products? Great. Don't like some or all of them? Fine. No biggie. There are plenty of other places to go. No one is going to like everything about any company. Be honest about what you would like changed, but don't take it personally when a business decision is made that you don't like.

Maybe I feel that way because I have to feed dinner to 7 other people every night, and NO ONE ever likes everything I make. And I don't give refunds...

This made me laugh!!!! I am going to start telling my kids this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2010, 02:47 AM   #120  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think what it come down to is that every company has its issues.
Su has issues, PTI has issues and I name several others that have issues.
No company is immune to them.
But it is us customers that have to decide for ourselves if we really want to comtinue to order and deal with those issues.
SU has many faithful customers. PTI has many faithful customers. And that is good.
We choose to order or not to order from any company.

Personally I choose to spend most of my stamping money with PTI now. Before PTi it was SU for me. I still buy from SU but not very much. The style does not fit mine anymore. Maybe with the new catty I will find stamps I like again and if so then i will buy them.
Reply With Quote Likes