Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-12-2007, 05:38 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PaperTrey's New Sets Going to be Very Small???

I have now seen 3 of the 4 sneak peaks and see very, very few stamps. I heard rumors there was going to be 4 Christmas sets released and yet I have only seen an ornament, a tea cup and a couple of sentiments. Did I hear wrong or are the sets going to be really small this time? It looks that they are promoting tins and tools and that the sets don't amount to much. I was so hoping to be able to make Christmas cards soon with these sets. I guess I am going to order some Cat's Pajamas instead.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 05:48 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Well, it does say Sneak Peak's not a flat out Reveal, that is saved for 15th, and as Papertrey is starting to carry all the tins and tools etc it only seems sensible to demo them as well, surely? I think Nicole does a grand job with her sneak peaks, for most of us it is enough to wet our appetites and make us pop on over on 15/16 to have a nosy and see what we think.

I think, so far they are quite cute, but I will wait until the big Reveal on 15th to totally make my mind up, in the UK we don't tend to make things to give to people, mores the pity, I think its a fabulous idea. So I might invest in a couple of these sets and surprise the heck out of people!!!! lol

My blog - http://sillybirds.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 05:48 AM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

I think at least the first set she previewed she said it was going to have 24 stamps? That's not small to me.

I think since she has 4 sets to demo, she is just showing us a small sample of each. Maybe the multiple projects per day was just too much last month?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 06:13 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Actually, I think she said the one set has 35 images for $24. I know people have asked her to make more $15 sets, so I'm just guessing here, but maybe some of the sets will be $24 and others will be $15 to appeal to everyone's pocketbooks.

Personally, I wouldn't make any judgments until after the 15th - it's not like a few days would make much difference in regards to buying Christmas stamps - as it's only September! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 06:38 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianalc7View Post
I have now seen 3 of the 4 sneak peaks and see very, very few stamps. I heard rumors there was going to be 4 Christmas sets released and yet I have only seen an ornament, a tea cup and a couple of sentiments. Did I hear wrong or are the sets going to be really small this time? It looks that they are promoting tins and tools and that the sets don't amount to much. I was so hoping to be able to make Christmas cards soon with these sets. I guess I am going to order some Cat's Pajamas instead.
It's called marketing, my dear! :-) I imagine I'll love the new PaperTrey sets every bit as much as I've loved them in the past. I wouldn't presume to dismiss them from a "sneak peek!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:00 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh hi! Hey how is that CTMH set you got free? Was it a 14 pc set? What are the images? Weve been waiting on the other thread to hear about it!!!
Tell tell tell!! lol

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:14 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Papertrey Release

I was doing my morning rounds on here and thought I would address your concerns directly. We will be releasing four sets total. Two will be retailing for $24 each, with one containing 35 images and the other 25 images. The remaining two sets will retail for $15 each, one of which contains 10 images and the other 15 images. We had many requests to include smaller sets for those that are on a stamping budget, and we enjoy having the ability to offer products that appeal to a wide audience.

As far as the sneak peeks, I assure you that there is MUCH much more that has yet to be revealed. I am attempting to show a little of everything within five days and five projects. The projects are intended to be "appetizers", and let you know what types of things we have in the works for the big reveal. If I were to give it ALL away in the beginning, I think it would take away much of the fun, don't you?

I hope you will take the opportunity to give the sets a "chance" and base your decision on seeing them in their entirety rather than the 2-3 images from each set that I have shown in the sneak peeks! I can assure you that you won't be disappointed!

~Nichole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:17 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Nichole! Thanks for the explanation, though most of us LOVE the little sneek peeks, and KNOW there are FABULOUS things to come on the 15th!!!
:0

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Can't wait for the reveal!!!!!!!!

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:24 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverBstamperView Post
I was doing my morning rounds on here and thought I would address your concerns directly. We will be releasing four sets total. Two will be retailing for $24 each, with one containing 35 images and the other 25 images. The remaining two sets will retail for $15 each, one of which contains 10 images and the other 15 images. We had many requests to include smaller sets for those that are on a stamping budget, and we enjoy having the ability to offer products that appeal to a wide audience.

As far as the sneak peeks, I assure you that there is MUCH much more that has yet to be revealed. I am attempting to show a little of everything within five days and five projects. The projects are intended to be "appetizers", and let you know what types of things we have in the works for the big reveal. If I were to give it ALL away in the beginning, I think it would take away much of the fun, don't you?
I hope you will take the opportunity to give the sets a "chance" and base your decision on seeing them in their entirety rather than the 2-3 images from each set that I have shown in the sneak peeks! I can assure you that you won't be disappointed!

~Nichole
You know, Nichole, I'm sorry you had to reveal what you did. I look forward to each and every release like it was Christmas...the surprise is half the fun! How many stamps, how much they'll be, and how much I'll love them!! I guess not everyone likes surprises though...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:25 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Dianalc7....saying you are off to buy Cat's Pajamas is a bit premature..good grief. It's only day three of the reveal with so many stamps to come. Were you around for the other sneak peeks? Have you not seen how wonderfully packaged and how beautifully these stamps work? Well, on the other hand...maybe it will make it easier and faster for me to buy at midnite on the 15th if you are off somewhere else..... :twisted:
Old 09-12-2007, 07:25 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
You know, Nichole, I'm sorry you had to reveal what you did. I look forward to each and every release like it was Christmas...the surprise is half the fun! How many stamps, how much they'll be, and how much I'll love them!! I guess not everyone likes surprises though...
Hmm I can't decide if I like it or not, but then again I was a closet hunter and corner ripper at Christmas lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:27 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica'sMomView Post
Dianalc7....saying you are off to buy Cat's Pajamas is a bit premature..good grief. It's only day three of the reveal with so many stamps to come. Were you around for the other sneak peeks? Have you not seen how wonderfully packaged and how beautifully these stamps work? Well, on the other hand...maybe it will make it easier and faster for me to buy at midnite on the 15th if you are off somewhere else..... :twisted:
Why must it be either/or? Let's buy Papertrey AND Cat's Pajamas

E(s)RA ladies - Equal Stamping Rights for All.

We CAN have it all!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:43 AM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkaliciousView Post
Oh hi! Hey how is that CTMH set you got free? Was it a 14 pc set? What are the images? Weve been waiting on the other thread to hear about it!!!
Tell tell tell!! lol
Sorry that was a total hijack of DIANALC7s' thread! My bad.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:47 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

I don't get it, are we supposed to beg you to not buy Cat's Pajamas and give PT another chance? :rolleyes:

Looks like Nichole and PT have arrived, they, along with SU are now expected to please ALL of the people ALL of the time.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB NICHOLE AND PAPERTREY :mrgreen:

I love what I've seen so far and I think it's very clever to offer some smaller sets, especially close to the holidays. I don't expect to love every set, every month. I didn't get any of the sets that go with the punches but I did get both sets last month. I wasn't getting in a huff and announcing that I was going to spend my money someplace else that month. First, cause most of you probably wouldn't care where I was spending my money LOL and second because I don't feel *I* need to be thrilled every month. I'm sure many of you were quite happy with the ones I didn't love and I know some of you didn't get that Halloween set last month but I was ALL over it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 08:12 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Love the little teasers! I start getting giddy around the 8th of each month knowing that Nichole's reveal will be starting in only two days. It's really a great mid-month pick-me-up. Trying to preview 4 sets in only 5 days presents quite the challenge, and I can't wait for each new post.

It's really like Christmas Eve when Nichole adds the sets live for ordering just after midnight, then Christmas morning awakening to the newest DD gallery!

Gotta love the 15th!

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

I think the sneak peeks have been very clever! I am anxiously waiting for more of those address label stamps!! Love the one in Spooky Sweets (or is it Treats?!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 08:32 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

~Nichole
I love the sneak peeks! I can't wait to see what's coming for the holidays. So far, I like what I see. I think the "label" stamps are just brilliant!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 08:37 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nichole's blog is always full of beautiful things! I wish I had the cooking talent to make stuff worthy of the labels!! Maybe I can use them for store bought stuff, like salsa!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 08:46 AM   #20  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama
Default I am bummed by the release....

I am actually bummed by what you have shown us, I have LOVED it all! I can't afford any extras right now!:mrgreen:

I think the stamps are very well priced, and are of a fabulous quality, and will probably push the envelope with buying them all:mrgreen: Merry Christmas to me!!! Or maybe a happy birthday!!!:-D

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkaliciousView Post
Sorry that was a total hijack of DIANALC7s' thread! My bad.

You only said what I was thinking... and I'm sure others were too.

I also feel bad Nichole was forced to release more information than necessary. I look forward to the sneak peeks almost as much as I do the actual release! So far it looks like I'm going to be buying all 4 sets... they all look terrific.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #22  
ked
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

I don't know, Shannon! I got pretty excited at the idea that I'll only have to spend $78, instead of nearly a whole C-note! LOLOLOL

(and that doesn't count the tins and other yummies on her site!!! ;))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 10:25 AM   #23  
ked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_HView Post
Why must it be either/or? Let's buy Papertrey AND Cat's Pajamas

E(s)RA ladies - Equal Stamping Rights for All.

We CAN have it all!
And I'm all for this theory!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmamaView Post
I am actually bummed by what you have shown us, I have LOVED it all! I can't afford any extras right now!:mrgreen:

I think the stamps are very well priced, and are of a fabulous quality, and will probably push the envelope with buying them all:mrgreen: Merry Christmas to me!!! Or maybe a happy birthday!!!:-D
YEP, you deserve a big giant Papertrey Birthday...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 10:49 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kedView Post
I don't know, Shannon! I got pretty excited at the idea that I'll only have to spend $78, instead of nearly a whole C-note! LOLOLOL

(and that doesn't count the tins and other yummies on her site!!! ;))
The tins, paper, and yummies don't count do they? Let's pretend they're free w/ purchase. And if we pretend we paid for shipping, that would totally work out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

I am so impressed with Nicole's marketing! I've known many marketing graduates and I've seen no one who does it better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #27  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

YEP, you deserve a big giant Papertrey Birthday...
Thanks so very much~ I will tell my husband you said so!;)

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 11:40 AM   #28  
Sassy Shani

The 8th? :shock:
Heck girl....I get giddy on the 16th......waiting for the NEXT release!
Hi, my name is Shanon and I am a PT junkie! :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikoView Post
Love the little teasers! I start getting giddy around the 8th of each month knowing that Nichole's reveal will be starting in only two days. It's really a great mid-month pick-me-up. Trying to preview 4 sets in only 5 days presents quite the challenge, and I can't wait for each new post.

It's really like Christmas Eve when Nichole adds the sets live for ordering just after midnight, then Christmas morning awakening to the newest DD gallery!

Gotta love the 15th!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #29  
ked

Quote:

The tins, paper, and yummies don't count do they? Let's pretend they're free w/ purchase. And if we pretend we paid for shipping, that would totally work out!
Hey, I think you're on to something!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 01:39 PM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

~Nichole

Nichole,

Your products rock and are great deal for the money. Free shipping with purchases over $40.00. Actually does anyone ever spend less than $40.00;)? Love the sneak peeks...........keep up the great work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #31  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know there is some marketing to all this, but Nichole's passion and love for papertrey is so evident that it makes us want to have it all. Her ideas are fresh and clean and so inspiring. I am going to get some of those tins and make the ornaments she demo'd on her blog. They will make the best extra present for our special people.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanonView Post
The 8th? :shock:
Heck girl....I get giddy on the 16th......waiting for the NEXT release!
Hi, my name is Shanon and I am a PT junkie! :mrgreen:
Too funny, Shanon! And oh so true!!! I'm right there with you. I think I have nearly a dozen sets already, and I am totally hooked on that wonderful white cardstock. I'm so proud of Nichole and her team and the way PaperTrey has taken off like a rocket. Success well deserved!

To the OP, hope you find Christmas stamps that you fall in love with... no matter where you get them!

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #33  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrpuppetsView Post
Nichole,

Your products rock and are great deal for the money. Free shipping with purchases over $40.00. Actually does anyone ever spend less than $40.00;)? Love the sneak peeks...........keep up the great work!
my friend and I just went together on a PO box just across the line due to our love for Papertrey! Yes, we are obsessed.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Let me assure you that these latest sets absolutely rock!!! The girls who work with me have seen some of the samples I am working on and let me tell you that they are so enamoured with the new images!!! Sorry to be a big tease - but I just couldn't help coming here to tell you that it is so much fun to be on Nichole's design team and have the opportunity to create with her fabulous images. These will be images that you can mass produce Christmas cards, gifts and who knows what else You will not be disappointed :mrgreen:

I also LOVE the selection of "packaging" items Nichole is carrying - it is a hole that was missing until Nichole. She is so wonderful at sharing her fabulous ideas that it just gets me going thinking about all the uses for these awesome containers!

Count those minutes ladies - you will be thrilled with the results. And don't forget about the new chat room :twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 05:38 PM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

Helllllllo I have a question, it sounds like everyone here has ordered from Papertrey before (ya think) so here is my question, if something is on backorder do they automatically ship when they come in or how does that work ?

Thank you in advance :mrgreen: :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #36  
Gallery Gazer

Wow!! Talk about a serious Papertrey fan!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC SherrieView Post
my friend and I just went together on a PO box just across the line due to our love for Papertrey! Yes, we are obsessed.....
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

Deanna from what I understand if something you order is out of stock or on backorder they will hold your entire order until it comes in then ship it all to you at the same time. HTH!
------
Caren
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #38  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you that does help lots :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #39  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have been delighted with what i have seen on Nichole's blog (nearly fell over at her tin ornament project----so excited to do that one!!!)....and I am so excited to see the full sets...
and, yes, unfortunately she has so many other cool things on her site too....ugh!!!

Maybe I can PRETEND it is my birthday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 07:09 PM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

I did the same thing for the tin ornament - what a clever christmas gift, or for the new couple - the new parents, the possibilities are endless!!!

I love papertrey - I have five sets now and a box to arrive anyday - I cannot wait until the 15th to see all of the sets and see what I want. I love the teasers, they are so full of great ideas.

Keep up the great work!
Reply With Quote Likes