Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2009, 02:31 AM   #201  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by WendybellView Post
Okay . . . so, I live in Salt Lake City, which as many of you know is the Scrapbook Mecca of the UNIVERSE (we have a scrapbook/crafty type store at least within every square mile of the whole freakin' city)! We practically INVENTED paper crafting here
Hee Hee, adding Salt Lake City to my "wishful thinking" itinery for when that winning lottery ticket manages to be in my possession :rolleyes: LOL a holiday/vacation, perusing papercraft stores in such a close proximity.................Yowser! :mrgreen:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 03:31 AM   #202  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by CricketeerView Post
This thread has been SO much fun to read! :p I'm having trouble even imagining how to use 1) bottle caps 2) slide mounts. Anyone have any examples they're willing to share? ;)
Well, I am not really fond of bottle caps or slide mounts either, but Becky Oehlers made a pretty darn cute project for the Papertrey Ink newsletter the other day using bottlecaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 06:18 AM   #203  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

This has been such fun reading and I have my share of purchases that later I had to wonder "what was I thinking!!" My addiction was focued tools, but I do have to wonder about:

Stickers - never really liked them, but I still have some

Wire - still use it for butterflies, etc.

Dew Drops - like them, but only have 2 jars (used for flower centers)

Eyelets - have a ton and getting back to using them

Gel Pens - good grief - those big ol' honkin sets with a ton o' colors and the only ones that ever worked were butt ugly colors

Coor Spritzer - gave it away after a few tries, life is too short to get that thing to work

Deco Scissors - gave them away yeas ago (now only have 3)

Xyron - got them as a gift, never use them much, and will eventually sell or give them away

Quilling - no patience for this but DH took a great photograph using my quilling paper

Mulbery paper - still use it for Iris Folds

Rafia - have 2 colors, still use it for cute country look

Sewing on cards - can't be bothered to get the dreaded sewing machine out - if I won't mend clothes I'm sure not going to sew on a card!

Nesties - what a pain - have a couple of sets and will not get anymore

Clayboard - like the look, but what do you do with it? Can't put it on a cards - it' too heavy

Utee and the pot - rarely used

Beeswax - always stays sticky

Radiant Pearls - who can wait that long for it to dry

At times I wonder if I'm addicted to stamping or stamp shopping???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 06:21 AM   #204  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Just remembered ... PearlEx and Lumiere! Haven't touched that stuff for AGES!!!
Wickedly Wonderful Creations
I'm a FREAK!! Check out the latest Control Freaks Blog Tour
2012-13 Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 08:30 AM   #205  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Yup, me too. I don't even think my box of Pearl Ex has even been opened. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #206  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy-StamperView Post
Yup, me too. I don't even think my box of Pearl Ex has even been opened. :rolleyes:
Same with me! I keep moving the Pearl Ex box around in one of my drawers and wondering what on earth I was supposed to use it for....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #207  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Yes!! I've got that stuff too! Never could get it to work the right way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #208  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccmvmView Post
The pull tabs on the soda pop. I could never make my card look good with them. Then the hardware came out, and the pull tabs were never to be seen again.
AMEN, Sister! I never understood this. Why? WHY?!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #209  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow, who knew!?!

Wow! I started my foray into the card making and scrapbooking hobby just over a year ago. Being new, I didn't know what was trendy, so I bought stuff I thought was cool. Since I had other projects to finish first (like a quilt for my bed), I haven't made much, mostly cards. I'm just learning to scrapbook and I still find it overwhelming; a card is much smaller, so it is a more manageable undertaking, has a pressing deadline, and an easily identifiable theme (ie birthday, Christmas, etc.).

I have THOUSANDS of round and shaped eyelets, including the "buckshot" animals, hundreds of round and shaped brads, including two piece campfire ones, funky fibers, mulberry paper, coloured wire (for far only for butterfly antennae, but I see possibilities if I can learn to use my jig:mrgreen, chipboard photo slides, mirrored shapes, patterned paper... the list goes on and I hoard it for "the perfect project". I am getting freer with plain coloured cardstock at least. I find it so funny that I hoard it because it's "too nice to waste" and everyone else doesn't use it because they find it "too silly" to use. Good thing I don't care if it's no longer popular or 2/3 of my stuff would be obsolete.

Ironically, I also bought a Cricut and 14 cartridges last summer and I used it for the first time about a month ago. Can't see it being my favourite thing, but the shapes do look better after sponging or chalking on them. I love the CB embossing folders though and just replaced the rolling pin for a Big Shot; I've already used it way more than the Cricut. Other favourite techniques are faux and real stitching where you paper pierce and then use a pen for the faux stitches or hand sew with floss, piercing without any stitching, and sponging (almost everything gets sponged somewhere!)

BTW, when someone said fun fur, I thought they meant the stuff in the 70's that come on a bolt in the fabric store in psychedelic colours; those troll dolls used to have hair made from it. I guess I'm really uncool, 'cause I can imagine using it as frosting for a cupcake or for fur on an animal if it was brown or beige.

Since almost everything is new, I only have two comments for dislikes. First, my mom made two or three pages years ago and I asked her to show them to me so I might figure out how to scrapbook and I was struck by how plain and "childish"? they looked with the white cardstock, deco scissor shaped frames and pictures cut into hearts, etc which were so "modern" and (sorry I can't help myself;)) "cutting edge" when they were made. The cards I made with my CTMH consultant have bling, patterned paper, sponges edges, layers, etc so her pages seem much less sophisticated than my cards. I was looking forward to enlightenment and ended up feeling like a balloon with the air leaking out. Maybe if she'd sponged a few edges:mrgreen:...

I also have to agree with the staple thing. With all those great brads and eyelets and other stuff, why would we use a cheap looking stationery store staple, even if we do colour it with a sharpie first. I do gaze longingly at the wide ones though with the cool patterns coloured on them like pink with flowers or leopard print, but I can't figure out how I'd get them where I would really want them when the stapler's reach is so short.

Finally, since I have ALL the uncool stuff, I am more than equipped to join in the three item challenge, but I didn't see a link, so could someone post one?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #210  
Compulsive Stamper

Talking Light box

I had to have a light box and brass templates....and don't forget the embossing tool. You know, the thing that lights up so you can kill you hands and eyes trying to follow the template to dry emboss, press an image into the paper to add 3D effect. Had to be careful not to press too hard or poked a hole in the paper and had to start over. Thank goodness for the Big Shot and other paper embossing machines!!! Anyone what a light box?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #211  
Compulsive Stamper

Hey, I used that stuff to knit a sweater for a dog.....the most stylish dog in NYC! Never looked very good on cards though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #212  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdingladyView Post
Hey, I used that stuff to knit a sweater for a dog.....the most stylish dog in NYC! Never looked very good on cards though.
LOL, the fun fur makes great knitted scarves and hats too! My girls just love them! I have a couple of packages of Sassy Strands from CTMH that are similar to fun fur and I am just baffled as to how to use them. It never looks right for me.

As far as tools that are still around - would you believe I STILL have my original red Sizzix? I got rid of all but three of the dies - my Cricut replaced the others - but it still works great with Cuttlebug Dies & Embossing Folders. I am seriously considering upgrading to a Big Shot though. I am in love with some of the Bigz Dies they have. :-D

My Blogs: Mission Inkpossible & Embry Family Recipes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 03:40 AM   #213  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
This has been such fun reading and I have my share of purchases that later I had to wonder "what was I thinking!!" My addiction was focued tools, but I do have to wonder about:

Stickers - never really liked them, but I still have some

Wire - still use it for butterflies, etc.

Dew Drops - like them, but only have 2 jars (used for flower centers)

Eyelets - have a ton and getting back to using them

Gel Pens - good grief - those big ol' honkin sets with a ton o' colors and the only ones that ever worked were butt ugly colors

Coor Spritzer - gave it away after a few tries, life is too short to get that thing to work

Deco Scissors - gave them away yeas ago (now only have 3)

Xyron - got them as a gift, never use them much, and will eventually sell or give them away

Quilling - no patience for this but DH took a great photograph using my quilling paper

Mulbery paper - still use it for Iris Folds

Rafia - have 2 colors, still use it for cute country look

Sewing on cards - can't be bothered to get the dreaded sewing machine out - if I won't mend clothes I'm sure not going to sew on a card!
Nesties - what a pain - have a couple of sets and will not get anymore

Clayboard - like the look, but what do you do with it? Can't put it on a cards - it' too heavy

Utee and the pot - rarely used

Beeswax - always stays sticky

Radiant Pearls - who can wait that long for it to dry

At times I wonder if I'm addicted to stamping or stamp shopping???
ITA on the sewing machine.

I use beeswax on thread to keep it from slipping when I bind books. Thanks for mentioning it, 'cause I could definitely use it on floss for buttons, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 04:36 AM   #214  
Mad Swapper

[I have a problem throwing anything away, so when I bought I new house, I had to make accomodations for my addictions, but I say "It keeps me off the streets and out of the bars".[/QUOTE]

This says it all for me - I am planning on building a new home in a few years (retiring) and have already told DH that I need a "special" room(read places to store my stuff). This is the best thread, I am loving it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #215  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
Slide mounts Yes!!! I bought TONS in every size........and now you've reminded me to throw them out! What was up with that .

Oh - and mulberry paper!!!! Nothing against anyone that still uses it - but at one time it was sooooooooooo the Rage!!! Never use it!!!
I have SO much mulberry paper and I don't like how it looks when I use it. I I bought lots of colors from Marco Paper for $1 a sheet. I also had every fancy scissors on the display when they first came out . . . gave them away. I'm also starting to give away some of my background paper . . . had to buy it because it was 6 for $1. NEVER use most of it. I do like some of the SU papers, but I'm not into it. BUT I'm thinking that I'm going to start using some of my punches and Sizzix dies with those papers.

Great thread and fun to read.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #216  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaMView Post
Well, I am not really fond of bottle caps or slide mounts either, but Becky Oehlers made a pretty darn cute project for the Papertrey Ink newsletter the other day using bottlecaps.
Okay, that bottle cap project is CUTE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #217  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaMView Post

Now that's cute...really...very cute. My niece would love a set like that...and I have tons of bottle caps left from about 4yrs ago.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #218  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if I'm repeating, but what was with all those TAGS! I have a huge container of every shape tag. I tagged my cards and then tagged my tags! At one point we all were tag crazed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #219  
Polyshrink Goddess

I never understood cool scrapbook pages where you had to lift something or slide something, all my pages are under plastic!

I used to use glue stick for everything, im so happy i dont anymore. I too have tons of stickers, I dont really use them for card making and i try to use them when scrapbooking but I usually cant find a spot for them so I end up leaving them off. =P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #220  
Mad Swapper

I hear ya gals! On everything! I've been hoarding since 1997 and when I moved a couple of years ago, I gave away boxes and boxes of "stuff" to my SU club and just about anyone I could find. It was such a REFRESHING feeling!!!!!!!! I still have way too much but I think I gave away almost half of what I owned and I don't regret it. Two years later I hardly remember what I gave away.

Anyway, the stamps I gave away or sold for practically nothing went to fellow hoarders such as me and I have learned that they are collecting dusts in their new houses now.

Does anyone know of a charity that actually will use these stamps? I'm talking mainly SU sets and rubber individuals.

I gave away a lot of stuff to a teenage juvenile detention center but they turned down my stamp sets since they said they wouldn't use them.

I'm talking about sets (SAB and such) that will sell too low to make it worth my time but are still good and most have never seen rubber?

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #221  
Rubber Obsessor

Try checking with a local school with budget cuts they need all the help they can get.

Also a church may be interested, my mom helps run a stamp night at church where ladies come together to make birthday cards and more for people in the church.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 AM   #222  
Matboard Maniac

also hospitals with psych wards or day programs for substance abuse/mental illnesses - I've worked in a ward like these (for 24 yrs.) and some of the best groups are arts/crafts - these patients love anything creative and with guidance from the OT people, their projects come out very nice - they love making cards...just a thought
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #223  
Insane Embellisher

When I started stamping in the early 90's mulberry paper was all the rage! It's funny how things change, but card fashion is a lot like clothing, by the time you get around to throwing it away it's back in style! I was never one to follow "trends" as far as my cards go. If I like it I use it. It's a way to express my creativity, and if I have to worry about my creations looking like everyone else's, why bother? Be yourself, ladies! Have fun and use whatever suits YOU! I think I might just break out the mulberry paper today! It always looked so nice on sympathy cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 05:51 AM   #224  
Embossing Fanatic

Any time anyone wants to donate, we have 4 girl scout troops (from Daisies to Cadettes) that would LOVE to have stamps and other "unwanted" scrapping/card making items!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #225  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Mulberry paper

Some of you have emailed and PMd me re: my mention of mulberry paper--sorry; work has kept me extremely busy and I hadn't had time to find a picture of what I was talking about.

I think the design I show here is 5 years old (?), but, depending on the style of the card and the way the mulberry is used, it can retain a more classic/timeless look that transcends what we typically think of as being "trendy", if that makes sense?

For the sake of illustration (no offense to those that enjoy doing this) but, the use of it shown in this particular example is vastly different from tearing shapes from mulberry to create teddy bears or bunnies, etc.

I found this wonderful idea for mulberry paper in one of my favorite books, called Collage Cards

HTH!
Attached Thumbnails
Past Trends You Find Silly NOW :)-367gentler_times_my_love.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #226  
Inking Addict

That is really pretty. The added texture makes it stand out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2009, 08:34 AM   #227  
Glitter Queen

Oh my gosh - I sure hope Copics aren't a trend that goes away... I've "invested" more than a mortgage payment on them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #228  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I would like to mount a defense for white rub ons. They are an easy way to get white words or images on dark cardstock. So quit pickin' on em! (LOL)
Me too Joan! I actually love all shapes and sizes of rub-ons! And boo if you want but I still love my stapler!

I design for ... Ellen Hutson LLC, & Maya Road

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #229  
Compulsive Stamper

Default my 2 cents

My first scrapbook was made in about 1996. There just wasn't that much available at that time. I was looking at my oldest book and noticed that the glue I used to put paper in had discolored the paper. I could see a giant X on the paper and a frame on the edges.

I used stickers/fancy scissors/markers/stencils. ....But my friend had a light box that we used to TRACE some drawings or letters onto our pages. Then we used markers to color them in. I would put a triangle of solid color paper in the corner and call it good. I look at some of my old pages and think, sheesh, really knocked myself out on that layout!

BUT, in the end, I can laugh at my early scrapbooking, but I cry when I look at the pictures. How young and cute the kids were 12 years ago! Time flies!!!! It's all about putting the pictures in books. Really, won't we all be looking at the pictures in the future and not really the quality of the embelishments?

BTW, my girlfriend who got me started, oh so long ago, is still my scrapping and stamping buddy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #230  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdingladyView Post
I had to have a light box and brass templates....and don't forget the embossing tool. You know, the thing that lights up so you can kill you hands and eyes trying to follow the template to dry emboss, press an image into the paper to add 3D effect. Had to be careful not to press too hard or poked a hole in the paper and had to start over. Thank goodness for the Big Shot and other paper embossing machines!!! Anyone what a light box?
You can use your brass stencils in your Big Shot to emboss.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #231  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

eyelets. What a PITA. I'm a mini-brad girl all the way now. I have so many dents in my dining room table from my eyelet days....ugh!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #232  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 296 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by flwrldy3View Post
Don't go back and "redo" your scrapbook pages!!! Please! Does a painter go back and redo his earlier paintings after he has practiced his craft for several years and can paint much better!!?? NO!

Those pages are as much a part of your history as the photos and events that you scapbooked. You have just developed in your abilities and have a record of where you started. It is also for others to see and notice how good you are getting! Twenty years from now you will look at todays work and feel the same way about those pages as you do about the older ones now. As a life long crafter, I can tell you that I have made some really crappy stuff in my life that at the time I thought it was terrific! But it also shows me how far I have advanced. Not only in the quality of the work but in the style.
I don't know if anyone's still following this thread or not, but wanted to second this! I also wanted to add two other thoughts: I NEVER cut my ex-husband out of any of the pictures, or got rid of any of them, or anything else. He is as much a part of my story - and my children's - as any of the things that worked out happier! I have pictures of boyfriends from high school and college, too. I wish I could have seen a few of the guys my mom dated before she married my dad - that stuff's interesting and makes the scrapbooks more 'real' and personal. Also - I used to keep a journal, but made the mistake of going back and reading some of it, deciding it was dumb, and ripping out the pages to start over. BIG mistake! I have no idea what I wrote, but I'm sure it would be a great point of reference for me now, and I really regret not keeping up with it! My point is this: any and/or all of the 'stuff' that gets included in your scrapbooks is valid and important and tells your story - the good, the bad, the ugly, the tacky, the trendy, whatever! Keep it all, have a good laugh, pat yourself on the back for your growth, and carry on!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #233  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 296 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogzrulecaView Post
I also have to agree with the staple thing. With all those great brads and eyelets and other stuff, why would we use a cheap looking stationery store staple, even if we do colour it with a sharpie first. I do gaze longingly at the wide ones though with the cool patterns coloured on them like pink with flowers or leopard print, but I can't figure out how I'd get them where I would really want them when the stapler's reach is so short.
I've bought them because you don't even need the stapler to use them! Just put the part of your project that you want to add a staple to over a mouse pad or foam pad, press the staple in, flip it over and bend the prongs down with a popsicle stick or bone folder - no worries!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #234  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I've bought them because you don't even need the stapler to use them! Just put the part of your project that you want to add a staple to over a mouse pad or foam pad, press the staple in, flip it over and bend the prongs down with a popsicle stick or bone folder - no worries!
There is a stapler made for them. I was keeping myself from buying them because the stapler wasn't cheap... Now that I know this... I may just have to try it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #235  
Matboard Maniac

Lightbulb Ah Hah!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Great idea. So simple I feel silly that I didn't think of it! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #236  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

In earlier comments I read where many of you wondered why you bought the slide mounts. I have been sorting through things I've printed over the years & came across something I'd printed out. 182 ways to use slide mounts. I had to chuckle when I saw this. :p I still love and use mine all the time on cards and layouts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #237  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula in GAView Post
In earlier comments I read where many of you wondered why you bought the slide mounts. I have been sorting through things I've printed over the years & came across something I'd printed out. 182 ways to use slide mounts. I had to chuckle when I saw this. :p I still love and use mine all the time on cards and layouts.
ROFL!!! Oh man, that is too funny!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #238  
Polyshrink Goddess

I know that i posted on this thread before before...but I wanted to add this to. When my DH's grandmother past away last January, I ended up with a bunch of her craft stuff. She had a book that was all about saving containers to make things out of later, Felt in every color, and she has tons of shrinky dink film in huge pieces! When I found the treasures I laughed and cried all at the same time! I never realized how much her and I were a like! I wish would have had more time to spend with her. Now whenever I alter anything I think of her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #239  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnilee1View Post
I know that i posted on this thread before before...but I wanted to add this to. When my DH's grandmother past away last January, I ended up with a bunch of her craft stuff. She had a book that was all about saving containers to make things out of later, Felt in every color, and she has tons of shrinky dink film in huge pieces! When I found the treasures I laughed and cried all at the same time! I never realized how much her and I were a like! I wish would have had more time to spend with her. Now whenever I alter anything I think of her!
Most of the stuff she had was from the 60-70's so all the things we are listing like the decorative scissors may come back "in style" in 30 years =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #240  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you're looking for a group to give away your stuff, there is a group of mental patients who are also mentally retarded that create greeting cards as a program to learn work skills. They can always use donations of anything that can be used on cards. It's tax deductible, too!

It can be sent to Longcliff Notes, Logansport State Hospital, 1098 S State Road 25, Logansport IN 46947
Reply With Quote Likes