Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pocket Card Wedding Invitations?

I would like to make pocket card invitations for my nieces' wedding. They are 5 x 5 when closed. (I've also seen them 6 x 6) There is a little "pocket" at the bottom to hold reception info and directions. Has anyone made these? They are very expensive to order. I would need cardstock about 13.5 inches wide and 15.5 inches tall. Finding a large cardstock is hard in itself. If anyone has made these, please let me know. Thanks!

Here's a link to show you what I mean

http://www.invitationconsultants.com...onitem=2PDMDGS
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen other threads about making these. They look like a lot of work. Try searching the forum/gallery for wedding invites. Also I would not recommend a square invite as I believe that is a non standard size and would require extra postage. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

I have made wedding programs that were pockets, but I think you could make them work without the sides on them. I also think you should play around with 12 x 12 paper. I have done three different types (the last ones for my son & his now-wife). They weren't hard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I am currently creating 175 wedding invitations for my son and his fiancee. It is a 6x6 pocketfold with a pocket on both sides for inserts. I ordered the paper from Anchorpaper.com and I would highly recommend them. Their prices are the lowest I have found anywhere. You can buy full sheets of specialty (metallic finish) paper from them. Most of these sheets are 26" x 40", so you can have them cut down to the size you need for the pocketfold. I am using cover weight Aspire Petallics paper for the pocketfold, which I had cut to 6" x 20" for the pocketfold. I'm using Stardream paper for the inserts (the invitation, RSVP card, etc.). I got a lot of information from posts in this forum from other people who were making invitations too. Here's a couple links to threads I've been following:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

I'd suggest searching this forum and the gallery to find examples of invitations others have done (and to avoid the pitfalls they discovered along the way!).

Kvillegirl was correct about the square envelope costing more. Until May 14, it's an addl. 13 cents, after that I think it's going up to 17 cents. My future daughter-in-law wanted the square shape -- and you know the bride always gets what she wants! :p
Reply With Quote Likes