Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-24-2005, 04:22 AM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a regular workshop I usually have the order shipped directly to the hostess. If it's a stamp camp or open house, I will call them, let them know their stuff is in and ask if they'd rather pick it up or if I should drop it off. I usually get about a 50/50 response. If someone says they were going to pick it up and doesn't making it after about a week I deliver the merchandise to their house. No questions asked. This last order I had, $980 WS, had 20 customers. I hope a lot of them decide to pick up their order. :shock:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 05:48 AM   #82  
Kookie Creator

It's about 50/50 for me too. I live about a half an hour away from my demo and I hate making her drive all the way to my house so we usually meet in town. Doesn't bother me, but I know she would deliver.

April
sahm to Chandler 7.5, Lane 5, James & Wyatt 4, & Jonah 2.5
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 06:49 AM   #83  
Polyshrink Goddess

YUP, course usually when she brings my order, she leaves one or two chldren too. But then I am her chld care provider so we are keeping each other in business. (and she has added another one to mine, I am a demo now, and she is my upline.)

I will delive to my customers (depending on the length of time, and my schedule they may have to wait a couple of days, or we might meet halfway (my mom and sister who have ordered alot are about 1 to 1 1/2 hours away).

Katie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 06:55 AM   #84  
Hardware Hotshot

My Demo never delivered, but now that I am a Demo, I do deliver. As long as the person doesn't live super far away from me. If that is the case, I will just ship to them regular USPS.

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 06:57 AM   #85  
Pearl-ExPert

I always deliver.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 07:02 AM   #86  
Mad Swapper

Default Poll: Does your demo deliver?

It surprises me too that I know many demos don't deliver and how many do deliver. I am a demo and wouldn't think of making my customers come to me to pick up their orders. I feel this is a service I give to my customers to just make life a little easier for them. I sometimes feel like a personal shopper.
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 07:06 AM   #87  
Embossing Fanatic

Default delivery or not?

I think it depends. Sometimes I offer a special, like free shipping or stamp pad, but then they need to pick it up, because I am giving them something that I am paying for....but, most of the time, i try to deliver as soon as I can..

It depends too, on how far they are....if they're close by, I can drop it off, but many times they can pick it up too....and I have a nice porch that they can pick it up from.....

I think that if your demo delivers, just thank her by continuing to be her GOOD customer, and count your blessings...but you should try too, to offer sometimes to pick it up, so that she isn't stressed out by trying to deliver them to you....

I think that this goes both ways...and in this, demonstrators, and customers can be happy......

aren't we both doing a service to each other? by supplying new ideas, and techniques, and purchases.....!!!
www.stmprdee.com
visit my blog -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 07:49 AM   #88  
Pearl-ExPert

I think it depends on the situation....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 07:52 AM   #89  
Watercolor Wizard

Depends,especially if someone still owes her money. She's a good friend also ,so sometimes we work it out based on everyone's schedule. Sometimes the hostess of the demo does the delivering. Sometimes one of us will pick up 2 or 3 others orders. Have you tried doing something like that with someone in your 6/25? HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 08:03 AM   #90  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,015 Likes on 869 Posts

While I do understand when people figure out that if I only order $25.00 worth of 'stuff' the demo only makes $5.00..... I may order $100.00 worth of 'stuff' next time, or I may have a party in the future if I am happy with it all. I have never ordered from Pampered Chef or Creative Memories, and had to go to the person I ordered from to 'pick-up' my order!

If I am part of a club, I would not expect delivery if I am going to see the demo regularly, but If I have a party- deliver the items to me- once you have sorted it all out to see if everything is there. I have already spent $$$ providing drinks and food and spent the day cleaning the house, so you can make $$$ and maybe have some new customers..... I did have a choice between 2 demo's, and did go with the one that was more personable AND she does deliver... the first one made me pick everything up and that really bugged me!!!

Just my 2 cents worth!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 08:06 AM   #91  
Inking Addict

I'm so glad this discussion was posted!

I'm a new demo, and my upline always had us go pick up our items. I was just going to do the same. Now that I know that people prefer to have them delivered - I will make sure I deliver whenever possible.

Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 08:16 AM   #92  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Demos with access to the demo forum - you may want to checkout this thread

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 09:19 AM   #93  
Matboard Maniac

As a demo, I do deliver orders to my customers. However, each demo has to do what works for her. Some work outside the home and simply do not have the flexibility of offering delivery once orders come in. Another factor to consider is how far a customer lives from the demo.

Regina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 09:29 AM   #94  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm a demo and I deliver. Not all demos have orders delivered to their homes. Sometimes orders are delivered to the hostess and the hostess either delivers or has the customer pick the orders up (they're usually her friends). You might ask your demo if she would mind delivering the order to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 09:45 AM   #95  
Compulsive Stamper

I have a great demo. Alisa emails everyone to let them know that the goodies have arrived and gives us the option of having them delivered or you can pick them up. I have been a member of her marker club and now I am a member of her stamp club. We have about 10 members and I know it must take her at least a couple of hours just to sort everything out! Hee, hee. We love stampin up and we all love her club meetings! Thanks again Alisa!!!! Keep the fun a rolling!

Tammy in Dallas, Texas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 04:50 PM   #96  
Mad Swapper

Honestly....one of the main reasons I was willing to sign up to sell SU was the fact that the merchandise could be shipped directly to the customers!! I have a very small customer base and most of them are at minimum one hour away. I have a group of scrapbookers that get together once a month - I show them a 2-page layout and they complete it each month. They have committed to buying enough each month to qualify as a hostess order, so they take turns being hostess and getting the hostess benefits. In addition, I have another smaller group of scrappers that get together once a quarter or less and again have enough to make it a hostess order. But if anyone wants to place a smaller order at any time, I always put it through as a customer order and have it shipped directly to them. I don't have the time (or the desire) to be delivering merchandise to people....AND I know how I am....when I order something I want it ASAP, I don't want to wait any longer than necessary to get it. I realize that I'm probably not a typical demo because of the way I do this. I know that I'm missing out on the opportunity to lump smaller orders together and then get hostess benefits for myself. But honestly....I order enough on my own to get the hostess sets that I want...I don't always like every single one of the sets in the various levels, so it's not like I need duplicates! AND....figuring all of that lumping together takes time too....I'd rather be scrapping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2005, 06:03 PM   #97  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

My demo delivers to everyone at her Open Houses... some are really far out of the way too I am just a mile out of her way on her way to teach at school so not to much for her.
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes