Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-23-2005, 06:10 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is it possible?

I just sent in my application to be a demo on Thursday!! I really thought I was only going to do this for the discount, but I have had 2 people tell me they would like to have a party already!!
I know that your 1st workshop you earn 30% on, but it has to be in 45 days. So, is it possible to have a workshop that fast when you are just starting out???
I am thinking about all of the stuff that my demo brought here for my workshop, and I don't all of that. Like the baskets of cards examples for people to look thru, the catalogs, flyers, etc. I know it all comes in the kit, but when does the kit come??
And it would be nice to have the kit for awhile before the wrokshop so that I can read it over and look like I know what I am doing at this workshop and be able to answer questions.
Okay, I am stewing over this a bit, can ya tell???!
Help!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 06:16 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Smile

When I first got my demo number I got on the SU website. I joined some swaps, little trading card and also anything but a card swaps. I had those swaps to show at my first workshop. Plus my upline agreed to come demo my first one. But my first hostess order was all mine. I saved up and order a bunch to suppliment my supplies.

HTH

Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 06:22 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalalaur
I just sent in my application to be a demo on Thursday!! I really thought I was only going to do this for the discount, but I have had 2 people tell me they would like to have a party already!! AWESOME
I know that your 1st workshop you earn 30% on, but it has to be in 45 days. So, is it possible to have a workshop that fast when you are just starting out???
You are your own boss...you can have it as fast as you want to. You can have a workshop and use the 30% to make an extra profit. Or you can decide to place your own big order as an investment in your business and use the 30% to help you get more for your money.

I am thinking about all of the stuff that my demo brought here for my workshop, and I don't all of that. Like the baskets of cards examples for people to look thru, the catalogs, flyers, etc. I know it all comes in the kit, but when does the kit come?? The samples.....it takes time to get alot of samples going....that's just extra stuff to have, but not required for a workshop...before long you will have plenty! Join a few swaps and have more then plenty! Your upline might let your borrow her samples for your workshop, just ask. It will be fun pratice to make a sampler for the sets you are planning use in the workshop.

You can ask your upline for Stampin Ups 1800number and call and check on your kit anytime you want. I would give yourself plenty of time to go through your kit and have time to prepare for your first workshop. maybe your first workshop can be the end of May.

And it would be nice to have the kit for awhile before the wrokshop so that I can read it over and look like I know what I am doing at this workshop and be able to answer questions. Yes, the video helped me alot...it has a full workshop on the starter video. Also your upline can help you prepare for your first workshop. She should be able to answer any questions you have.

Okay, I am stewing over this a bit, can ya tell???!
Help!!!
I know isn't it exciting!!!
SCS#5115
My Humble Gallery
"If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it"
My Blog

Last edited by PrideStampers; 04-23-2005 at 06:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 06:23 AM   #4  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As an aupline, I would also lend out sample bags if any of my downline needed them for a workshop
I had my 1st party within I think 2 weeks of getting my kit. I used stamps I had already and got some paper for the make and takes from my upline so I would have enough of the colors I needed . Now the kits come with so much more!
I ordered a lot of stuff on that 1st order as well-I planned for future workshops and started building my paper stash. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 06:28 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

You don't have to book the workshops immediately after you get your starter kit. Tell the people that want to have one, that you will contact them when you are ready to start doing workshops. Get to know your kit first. Play around with the stuff. Everything you need to do workshops is in that kit. Your upline has done this for a while and is naturally going to have tons of stuff. Your upline should also be a resource for you. That's part of her job is to help you.

Write out a workshop outline. Once you get access to the SU! demo page, they have workshop outlines and examples for you, using the stuff you bought in your starter kit. Do some practice runs on family of an actual workshop. I did this, and it really pointed out some areas that I needed to change before I held my actual first workshop.

And one rule that I follow when I'm doing anything with my SU! business, if I'm not having FUN doing it, then something is wrong! You shouldn't be stressing about this at all. Take a deep breath, and keep it FUN! If you are having fun, the people at your workshop will have fun!!!

Don't forget, once you get your demo number, to sign up here on SCS to go to the Demo's only section. The lovely ladies here have tons of information on the other side of this site that will help you. Enjoy!!!

The Blog

The Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 06:39 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Wow, you guys are great! Thanks for getting back to me so soon!!!!
Another question, if I would have a workshop within the 1st 45 days. And then I wanted to order stuff for myself and get 30% off , I would just add it on too the workshop order then??
What if my personal order total was quite a bit? the hostess would just get the extra benefits from it? I wouldn't earn any free stuff off of what I bought? Do you know what I mean? Or am I just rambling???
Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 07:01 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for great words of wisdom, Pam. Maybe it is just better to use the 30% off workshop order to get stuff I need. And then have a workshop after this.
Geez, this is just too funny!! Just a couple of days ago, I kept telling myself that I didn't HAVE to do workshops to be demo and I really didn't think I would ever want to do one ....but now, a couple of people approach me about demoing one and I am actually excited about doing it.
Thanks again!!!!
Laurie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 07:52 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

what i did (and i know some others have done too) is hold the first ws yourself--that way you get the hostess benefits and can use that to get even more stuff to help you along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 03:11 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

That would be a great idea, except that I just had a workshop in Feb. And I invited everyone I know that stamps and a few who didn't, too. So I am not sure everyone would think too much of being invited to another one so soon.
Bad timing on that end, I guess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 08:44 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Anyone else have any thoughts on this for me????

Thanks so much!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 09:02 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

I just did a catalog order in March and signed up to be a demo last week. I also didn't think I would have a party right away, but I am planning one for May 14th. ;o) Some ladies are interested in retiring sets and I really want to use the 30% off in a great way, so my upline recommended I host my first workshop. I sent out invites and called it a New Demo/Retirement Party. I have invited about 16 and expect at least half to come. I also don't want to over-extend my customer base, but they honestly asked me about it and are thrilled that I became a demo. I wouldn't be able to get many products otherwise, and this is a great way to use my 30% off and get things I need to start the business.
I am excited and now just deciding what to demo...even after ordering the kit, I am still mulling things over as to what to demo. My kit comes on Thursday so I will play with that and see what is retiring. I was thinking of demoing one newer set and one set that is retiring...but like I said, still mulling things over ;o)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 09:17 AM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

I am not a demo but I think you can have another workshop/party. The retiring list will be coming out May 1st. You can tell your customer's that it is last chance to get some of the stamp sets that might be on their wish list. You could make up a little thank you baggies for those customer's who bring a new stamper to your workshop. This way you will be building up your customer base. I say go for it. Good Luck!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 09:50 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

May is three months after February... I know that I don't mind being invited to shows that are only 3 months apart (I hosted a PC show in Jan, and went to one the other day, so that's 3 months).

As a demo, I have a group of customers that hold workshops every three months. Before I moved, I had a group that had workshops every month! Invite all your friends again by telling them "I had so much fun at the workshop I hosted that I decided to sign up! I'd love for you to come and be my guinea pigs at my very first workshop! It's on (date) at (time)!

Congrats and good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2005, 07:41 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks so much for the new ideas!!! I just got my demo # yesterday afternoon. Now I am waiting for the kit to arrive and see how much I can learn from that!
Reply With Quote Likes