Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PTI and shipping times

I placed an order with PTI last week. Early in the week, Tuesday I think. I figured I would have gotten it by now, but I have not. Previous orders have gotten here pretty quick, but it has been a few months since I have ordered. Are they so swamped that it takes a bit longer than I am used to? I checked the PTI site and saw nothing about slower than usual order processing/shipping times. Anyone have recent experience to know how long orders are taking, I trying to be patient but it is really hard.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

It usually takes my orders a week from the day they ship. Nicole had been in the hospital so maybe that is why it is taking a bit longer? Not sure.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

If it was a big order then it probably shipped UPS, which is always slow. I seem to always get my (smallish) orders in 4 days, by USPS.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Do you usually get notification of when it ships? I have an order into them that is a week and a half old and no word. Wondering if I should cancel it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nichole's hospitalization was in February and, in any event, she doesn't pack orders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesarappView Post
Do you usually get notification of when it ships? I have an order into them that is a week and a half old and no word. Wondering if I should cancel it.
I think it's unlikely you'll be able to cancel it... they won't accept changes after orders are submitted; it's a posted policy.

If your package comes through the post office, you won't get a shipping notice (I don't know why; I think it is a software isssue). If it comes UPS, however, you WOULD get a notice.

As for shipping: They had a ton of orders following their last release, 1200 in the first hour, but I don't know why that would continue to hold things up. They ask for 2-5 business days in the week after release, but after that, they say shipping should occur in 24-48 hours.

Now, I placed on order on the 14th and on the 21st. The order from the 14th came either the 19th or 20th, well within what I expected and what is "normal" for shipping to me, even though it was a release order.

My order from the 21st still isn't here. I'm giving it til Friday before I email customer service about it because... Late last week, word came that the shipping computer had crashed and they were trying to get that back up and running, which is what I think accounts for the current delays.

I hate to be down on them because I have never had a problem before. This month, though... lots of people getting their orders uncharacteristically late. It does seem to be a "perfect storm" of unexpectedly high volume and equipment malfunction, but I know it's disappointing, especially for people who have followed all the good things said about PTI before deciding to take the plunge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 11:12 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I placed my order on the 20th and it still isn't here, either. I didn't know about the computer malfunction, though. I gues I should e-mail them, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the information! I think I will give it a few more days before I contact them. I knew they were getting slammed at release time, but figured since I waited a week after the release that maybe things would be back to "normal." I am guessing they are experiencing just crazy growth right now and need some extra time to keep up. I need to remember they really are a small company that is only 3 yrs old and they are likely to hit some bumps along the way. I will try to be patient, easier said than done!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My last order took about 2 weeks to arrive. I never get shipping notices from them.
I was worries at first as the authorization dropped from my credit card as it was past 7 days and I did email PTI. A few days later I received an email reply that my order would be shipping.
I LOVE PTI and will still continue to buy from them. I have waited much longer for my order from a different company even when my demo would enter them right away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My order on the 20th (yeah paper and ribbons) came on march 29th. No notice. there was one huge problem however...

it came on a day that my Husband was home from work. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I read earlier on the forum on their site that their shipping computer crashed and and they are trying to catch up.

Wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
My order on the 20th (yeah paper and ribbons) came on march 29th. No notice. there was one huge problem however...

Ooooh bad timing. I used to be able to time things pretty well so that doesn't happen, but every once in a while . . .:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to jennysbugbites

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWDStampView Post
I placed an order with PTI last week. Early in the week, Tuesday I think. I figured I would have gotten it by now, but I have not. Previous orders have gotten here pretty quick, but it has been a few months since I have ordered. Are they so swamped that it takes a bit longer than I am used to? I checked the PTI site and saw nothing about slower than usual order processing/shipping times. Anyone have recent experience to know how long orders are taking, I trying to be patient but it is really hard.
I had done the same thing. I got an email from Jennifer to let me know whats going on after I contacted them. Heres what it said:

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for contacting us - and thank you so much for your order. We have experienced an unprecedented number of orders over the last week or so - over 3000! They are going out in the order in which they were received and our staff is working 20 hour days to get these orders out. I was also recently informed that our shipping computer crashed, contributing to delays. That being said, please bear in mind that we are a very small company and we are working very hard to get these out as quickly as possible. We have been seeing cases where the shipping notices are not getting through to the recipients, but orders are being fulfilled and going out. I apologize for the delay and thank you for your understanding and patience.

Kind regards,
Jennifer Ellefson

Hope this helps you relax
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just received an order via UPS and did not get a shipping notice for some reason - always have before. To give you an idea of where they are with shipping - I ordered March 16th, my payment was processed March 24th and I received the package yesterday, March 29.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

I think it was a perfect storm as mentioned.

Computer crash, high volume of orders and Nichole's health issue all in the last 3 weeks. I have to keep telling myself that there are only 3 ladies running that whole company.

On a positive note...their stamps and supplies are "da bomb", which is why they are so popular!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennysbugbitesView Post
I had done the same thing. I got an email from Jennifer to let me know whats going on after I contacted them. Heres what it said:

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for contacting us - and thank you so much for your order. We have experienced an unprecedented number of orders over the last week or so - over 3000! They are going out in the order in which they were received and our staff is working 20 hour days to get these orders out. I was also recently informed that our shipping computer crashed, contributing to delays. That being said, please bear in mind that we are a very small company and we are working very hard to get these out as quickly as possible. We have been seeing cases where the shipping notices are not getting through to the recipients, but orders are being fulfilled and going out. I apologize for the delay and thank you for your understanding and patience.

Kind regards,
Jennifer Ellefson

Hope this helps you relax
Thanks, Jenny! I've sent that email to quite a few people this week, because there have been several inquiries of the same nature. I was told that the weekend was going to be when they anticipated being caught up, so from here on out, it should be smooth sailing. Thanks to each of you for your sweet support and understanding. It means the world to us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 05:15 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 83 Likes on 43 Posts

I emailed customer service after 10 days, but my order had already been shipped because I received it the next day. I got the same email from Jennifer. I apologized for not being more patient, and should have known from past service that they would get my order to me as soon as possible. Their growth is phenomenal because of a great product and great service. And if any of you have noticed, a lot of their stamp sets have been used here and in current card magazines, which I'm sure accounts for their increased orders. I'm as impatient as the next person, but hold on, you'll get your order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #17  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennelfView Post
Thanks, Jenny! I've sent that email to quite a few people this week, because there have been several inquiries of the same nature. I was told that the weekend was going to be when they anticipated being caught up, so from here on out, it should be smooth sailing. Thanks to each of you for your sweet support and understanding. It means the world to us!
Your welcome! Glad i could help! I love PTI and I know its rough trying to please everyone when your a small business. I think we all understand that you gals are doing your best and working hard to take care of us.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2010, 06:18 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I hate that! It seems to never fail, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelanne21View Post
I placed my order on the 20th and it still isn't here, either. I didn't know about the computer malfunction, though. I gues I should e-mail them, too.

My stuff came today!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Well, based on you ordering the 20th and getting it today in GA, I am guessing I have a few more days to wait since I ordered on the 23rd. I just hope it comes before next week when DH will be home all week. Otherwise I will be stalking the mailman trying to sneak the box into the house without dh seeing it.
And kudos to PTI for working so hard and keeping us up to date on what is going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #21  

Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn

I live in Okinawa Japan and STILL get my orders in one week so I think PTI is SPECTACULAR!!! Hopefully everyone is getting their orders by now!
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollybearView Post
I think I have cracked the code, LOL! If you buy more than $60 worth you get priority shipping. If you buy less than that you get the slow boat to China kind of shipping. My orders always used to come in 2-3 days, always. Since I have quit buying $60 worth at a time, my orders take an average of 10 days to arrive. Just to test it, last order I ordered $66 worth and sure enough, 48 hours later I had my order.
I doubt that's a factor. Every order I've placed save one (which came UPS because I had a ton of cardstock) has been shipped priority mail, irrespective of the dollar value of the merchandise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #23  
Kookie Creator

I've noticed that PTI has had some "growing pains" since February. I've been a customer since the very beginning and love the products. I've accepted the longer waits for my orders because I understand the unexpected growth, computer failures, and the like, but, I hope the company works through its problems soon. At some point, this "small" company has to grow to support its ever-expanding customer base and the volume of orders it now receives each month. I'm hoping it does because I know Nichole and co. want happy customers and I know they work hard to make us happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollybearView Post
I think I have cracked the code, LOL! If you buy more than $60 worth you get priority shipping. If you buy less than that you get the slow boat to China kind of shipping. My orders always used to come in 2-3 days, always. Since I have quit buying $60 worth at a time, my orders take an average of 10 days to arrive. Just to test it, last order I ordered $66 worth and sure enough, 48 hours later I had my order.
I think it also depends on when you order. When I've ordered a few days before a release, my package comes within 3-4 days. Orders placed right after a release tend to take longer because they work on first in, first out shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 04:21 AM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Well, I am still waiting. And my order was over $100 so the priority shipping thing is not the issue. Mine have also always come USPS which I hate because you can never track it. I will just continue to stalk the mailman.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 05:07 AM   #26  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatGirlView Post
I've noticed that PTI has had some "growing pains" since February. I've been a customer since the very beginning and love the products. I've accepted the longer waits for my orders because I understand the unexpected growth, computer failures, and the like, but, I hope the company works through its problems soon. At some point, this "small" company has to grow to support its ever-expanding customer base and the volume of orders it now receives each month. I'm hoping it does because I know Nichole and co. want happy customers and I know they work hard to make us happy.
We couldn't agree more - and there are things going on behind the scenes that should help us solve some of those problems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 05:33 AM   #27  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennelfView Post
We couldn't agree more - and there are things going on behind the scenes that should help us solve some of those problems.
Thanks for the update, Jennifer. You KNOW we want you to be successful!

Francie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 06:12 AM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

I do love the company but wasn't happy that I spent extra money for 2 day shipping and it took 7 business days for my order to get to me. 5 days just to get it shipped. It wasn't a large order but I needed it to complete wedding invites. They went out a week late and my e-mail to customer service was the exact same as everyone else's. Didn't address any of my ?'s.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenlloView Post
I do love the company but wasn't happy that I spent extra money for 2 day shipping and it took 7 business days for my order to get to me. 5 days just to get it shipped. It wasn't a large order but I needed it to complete wedding invites. They went out a week late and my e-mail to customer service was the exact same as everyone else's. Didn't address any of my ?'s.
many companies are like this. The expedited shipping is just that - faster shipping. It does not include packing it up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 07:20 AM   #30  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 125 Likes on 111 Posts

I placed an order the night of March 29, received a shipping notice on March 31, and according to UPS tracking the package is out for delivery to me right now so I should be receiving it this afternoon (April 2).

I can't complain about that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #31  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

HA!! That should definitely be an option for all crafty shipping - one car delivery only - if there are two cars in the driveway - GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT BOX!!

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

I got my order!!!! Doing the happy dance here. Now I just need to get chores done so I can play.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #33  
Matboard Maniac

I placed an order on the 23rd and it's not here yet. But if someone in Atlanta got theirs today and also placed on the 23rd, mine will probably be here Monday (I'm in DC). Which is too bad since tomorrow my husband is taking the baby to a baseball game and I can spend all day crafting if I want. But, I won't have my PTI supplies or the shipment of nesties I ordered from another company :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for posting about the issues causing longer shipping times for PTI. My order (from 10 days ago) also arrived today. Sooo happy to have new paper, ribbon, buttons & the Everyday Button Bits set I have wanting for a while. Love their products and I'm cheering on their continued success!

Pat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

I hate that husband thing....(him being home when your order arrives....LOL).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 04:03 AM   #36  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenlloView Post
We don't offer any expedited shipping - the "2 day shipping" is a UPS estimate as to your location from Cincinnati, i.e., you are a 2 day point for UPS from Cincinnati. You didn't pay any extra. I hope this helps clarify.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 04:26 AM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

Default love pti

I just wanted to say that I too love PTI. They have never let me down! I get impatient from time to time, if my order didn't come the next day, which it usually does, but I'm thinking God is trying to teach me patience- and not the easy way!! And my impatience, is just because I'm excited and can't wait to have my new goodies, but they always come through and it is well worth the wait! I love the personal touch I get from them when my package arrives with everything wrapped so beautifully and carefully. It's kind of like when you call a company and you get either a recording and have to follow the prompts or an actual LIVE PERSON on the other end. I'd rather have the person - it's soo much more personable!! I've been a little antsy myself - I'm wanting the new dies so badly I can't hardly stand it....I feel like I'm becoming a stalker checking a million times a day to see if they are in :rolleyes: but maybe God is sending me my own private little message and I need to wait a bit longer. Whatever the reason, whenever I do finally get them, it'll be worth the wait!!! I've become addicted and love everything they sell!!!

Oh, and boy was I glad to read that I'm not the only one who hopes the UPS man comes before the hubby comes home... I am also grateful that if I'm not here, he puts the packages BEHIND the rocking chair on my front porch - that way if hubby does beat me home - he doesn't see it and my kids don't either!!!!

Have a beautiful Easter everyone!!!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 04:29 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonaparteladyView Post
I hate that husband thing....(him being home when your order arrives....LOL).
at least mine just says "you got a box." not -- you got "another" box!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2010, 04:40 AM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

My kids are worse than the hubby... they say "mom got another package - more stamps probably"
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #40  

Wow I just placed my 4th order on the 1st of April and it came today... that was lightning fast!!! Im so happy to get it so quick. UPS is definitely slower than the USPS priority mail. I wish they would ship them all priority.
Reply With Quote Likes