Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2005, 06:34 PM   #81  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loving all the suggestions!

How about an accessory set with more words and phrases to go with All About U? The thread that has been running on this site recently has had some really fun ideas!

Also, does anyone remember Perfect Plaids? How about a set of rollers with different plaid components. It would be much quicker and less mess than stenciling with Plaidmaker!

One last suggestion - There hasn't been a nice Religious Easter set in a long time.

Keep going, girls - this is great!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2005, 07:24 PM   #82  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 433 Likes on 165 Posts

I too would love to see a scripture included with a Christmas set that would be from the real meaning of Christmas---the birth of Christ. Something elegant and lovely. Also a set of crosses of various sizes in various styles.

I would love to see some better sets for music lovers.

I wish they would no longer use the comical styles that include the elongated faces of people like those used in Wisecrackers and Charming Children. Those are just plain creepy and not cute at all!

I love the idea of a set including prayers and more scriptures that have already been done by SU and other stamp companies. The Bible is full of great verses that I have not seen in rubber.

I agree with the cancer sets being available ALL year.

I would love to see some of the great places in America done in the vintage or collage style.

SU does a good job of trying to keep up with the marketing of embellishments, but I feel their strong base still lies in the variety of colors of inks and paper, and the stamp sets. I'm a demo, but I've already bought things like tag punches, eyelet setters, etc. at stores that have already made those available way before SU decided to handle them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 04:37 AM   #83  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurie Couture
Also, does anyone remember Perfect Plaids? How about a set of rollers with different plaid components. It would be much quicker and less mess than stenciling with Plaidmaker!
Love this idea!!

Help us create a StampinUp Gallery Index
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 04:46 AM   #84  
Polyshrink Goddess

After a sincere salutions 2 poll - 2 new word sets one with holidays
Happy valentines, happy thanksgiving, Mothers and Fathers, Easter...
and a sentiments one
With heartfelt sympathy, hello,...
Here is the list

An appropriate sympathy and something for people who are seriously ill as opposed to a get well were the most requested.

Here were some of the suggestions from the ladies

With deepest sympathy or heartfelt sympathy

Sending a hug",

"Joy is where you find it".

Thinking of you is okay...

Maybe Valentines or love

Mothers and Fathers day

Happy Anniversary!!!

What can I do to help?

You are such a good friend.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm totally with you on the sympathy. Really need that one.

I really want SU to put Happy Father's Day and Happy Mother's Day in a new set like sicnere salutations II!!!!

It makes me mad that I have to get AYCII just to get these two!

I pretty much have everything else on that set from other sets, so I really, really want these two!!1 and I also agree with the Sympathy one as well!!!!

Definitely: Deepest Sympathy! That's the one thing I think the original set should have had from the beginning!!!!

I second "Happy Anniversary" and mother's and father's day ones would be good too! Maybe a "just for you" too.

I think the Deepest Sympathy is a great idea! So is Happy Anniversary.

Perhaps something along the Congratulations line?

I'm completely with everyone on the sympathy stamp -- definitely a need that SU! has missed.

My other suggestion is "sending you encouragement" . . . I have an Anna Griffin set (same style as Sincere Salutations, but she did hers first) that has one stamp that says "sending you" and then there are a bunch of other stamps to complete the thought. The one I use all the time is "encouragement." It's so versatile. It works for anyone who is going through a tough situation, be it a diagnosis of cancer, a troublesome time at work, or a family crisis.

I'd also like to see alternatives to "get well" . . . if someone has a cold, I don't send them a card. But I send cards to people with serious illnesses, and often "get well" just isn't going to happen, and to send them such a card would be offensive. But I don't want anything saccarine, either.

I love Sincere Salutations and definitely think a companion set would be good. My suggestions would be:

It's a Boy

It's a Girl

Forever Friends

Save the Date

Over the Hill

Much Appreciated or Eternally Grateful (an alternative to "thanks so much")

I'm in Love with You (I like the simple Happy Anniversary too)

Celebrate Today (similar to birthday but could be used for graduations or weddings)

And I definitely like the sympathy and mother's/father's day suggestions too. Maybe even World's Best Mom or World's Greatest Dad instead of traditional Happy Mother's/Father's Day for something different...

_I love the idea of a celebrate today! That would be fabulous just to send someone for no reason other than to say hi!

Also the It's A.... idea - for those of us who don't want to invest in a full kid's set.

And I LOVE the idea of the non-traditional Mom's and Dad's sentiments!

I also agree that we need something for more serious illnesses - like nickelini suggested.

These are all great suggestions!

I agree, deepest sympathy!!! I actually bought a Hero Arts stamp with this on it because I didn't want the other stamps in the set that has deepest sympathy in it!

So SSII:

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Father's Day

Happy Anniversary

Deepest Sympathy (Need this one!!)

You're in my Heart

Celebrate today (Great idea!!)

Love your Smile

Sorry to hear (or something like this)

I like "You're on my mind and in my heart." I'd really like to see more sympathy/encouragement stamps that don't have a religious inspirational message.

I love all the suggestions. I've been wanting stamps for Mom's and Dad's Day but won't buy AYC just for those. I love the Celebrate Today idea. Over the Hill and Sending Encouragement are great ideas, too.

A little Hijack...

We definately need Deepest Sympathy... but we need a whole new set. I detest the sympathy set in the current catty. I've lost a newborn, my sis has buried an infant as well. Those verses in the current set make me role my eyes. While I was grieving I would have been totally annoyed by them. Hope for Comfort that retired in 2004 was so much better... more sincere and caring.

I agree with the others. We could use Deepest Sympathy, Happy Anniversary,

and some kind of encouragement stamp.

Originally Posted by nickelini

Quote:I'd also like to see alternatives to "get well" . . . if someone has a cold, I don't send them a card. But I send cards to people with serious illnesses, and often "get well" just isn't going to happen, and to send them such a card would be offensive. But I don't want anything saccarine, either.

Hope that helps,

Thank you for saying that. My father was just diagnosed with bladder cancer. I wanted to send him a card but "get well" when you've been diagnosed with cancer just didn't seem right (my husband didn't agree). So I used Alphabits and Zyron and did "feel better".

There needs to be an in-between sentiment..

I'd like to see two new sets along the line of Sincere Salutations. It would be nice to have a holiday set of six with greetings for Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and Father's Day. I'd also like a set of at least four that say: With Sympathy, Welcome Baby, It's Your Day, and Happy Anniversary.

I don't care for most of the SU! greetings sets, so I buy most of my sentiment stamps from other companies. The four SU! sets I use the most are Mixed Greetings, Sincere Salutaions, and Wonderful Words I and II.

For some reason, all day I've been thinking that I'd like to have a stamp that said "Announcing..." or "I Have News to Share" (not the proper wording, but you get my drift). This might be helpful to share the news of a new job, or a move or a pregnancy. For me, it would be great to announce my new status as SU demo!

I wholeheartedly agree about the need for better sympathy sentiments. There's a big void there.

I guess I just bought a Thanksgiviving stamp from Hero Arts and I want a congratulations that is spelled out - not just congrats - for some reason I can't make myself use my stamps that are just congrats.

I think even SU is a little uncomfortable with the sympathy sets and phrases. But I am with all of you a good sympathy phrase is needed and more sympathy sets. I make a lot of those cards and I just improvise.

It seems like I need a lot of sympathy type cards lately - not just for people that I know - but for many of my friends who have lost someone it is nice to send them out a card and I need something to stamp on it or I am running to the computer to print off a suitable saying.

I saw a Hope today is a good day card the other day and loved it.

A lot of us are sending cards to Keiki and Love :Letters Inc and greetings like hello, hope today is a good one, or other greeting that would be appropriate for kids will life threatening illnesses would be a great benefit

The lesson from Charlie Brown: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 07:44 AM   #85  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

[size=3
Also, does anyone remember Perfect Plaids? How about a set of rollers with different plaid components. It would be much quicker and less mess than stenciling with Plaidmaker![/size]
Actually, SU used to have Plaid wheels, back in the 1999-2000 catty. I'm not sure when they were retired. They were called Long-stitched Plaid, Triple Line Plaid, and Double Line Stitched Plaid. Maybe SU would revamp these and bring them back?

I'd like to see individual eyelet color packs, more jumbo wheels, and more realistic-drawn stamps.

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 09:01 AM   #86  
Insane Embellisher

Ruby Red grosgrain ribbon
Wine/Martini/Other glass plus wine bottle/pitcher etc.
Soccer set with girls
Flying birds
Clouds
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 09:35 AM   #87  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

I loved two of lazylizard's ideas!
Another set for music lovers sounds great! I must admit I am tired of the one I have, and we are a musical family. A nice grand piano, a guitar, violin, bass cleff, treble cleff, etc. would be nice!

I also love the idea of great places in America. I'm not sure how you could do the Grand Canyon or the Rocky Mountains, but things like that would be cool. Then there are great buildings like some of the monuments in Washington DC. Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 10:33 AM   #88  
Mad Swapper

I prefer smaller sentiment sets and would like to see:

Merry Christmas (not Happy Holidays)
Happy Valentine's Day (not Be My Valentine)
Happy Mother's Day

in a pretty font (something like Wonderful Words or Elegant Greetings). I know these are available in the All-Year Cheer sets, but I would never use the other stamps included (so the cost per-stamp is just silly).

I've been asking SU! for Thank You stamps in other languages (Italian!) for years, and I notice several others are asking for it here, so maybe next year it will finally happen.

Also:

- tag punches that you can layer (big ones, not tiny)
- wine & martini glasses and wine bottle

Oh, I could to on, but I'll have to come back later.

View My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 10:37 AM   #89  
Inking Addict

BRADS IN OUR 48 COLORS........PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 10:45 AM   #90  
Kookie Creator

I would like to see pet stamps that are realistic looking-not cartoons. Would also like to see a background stamp with the word PEACE in lots of languages.
Many people do bird feeding and watching so I think bird stamps would sell as long as they were well done--cranes are big right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 11:43 AM   #91  
Stampin' Fool

OK, I've read the whole thread and agree with everything everyone said!

*I really like the idea of a "Professions" set. A nice teacher set that isn't cutsey.
*I think refills for components of Hodge Pode Hardware should be available as a demo supply item.
*I'd like to see more patriotic sets; I like the ideas of monuments and famous structures (Golden Gate Bridge for instance). And, along the same lines I'd like to see a set, or sets with state silhouttes.
*Military sets - 1 for each branch.
*I'd like to see Small Script and Wonderful Words in the words like Expressive Flexible Phrases.
*Here's my big one....I wish that everything that SU! does in it's 48 colors would come in sets of the 4 color families and neutrals. So, you would have a set of Bold Brights grosgrain ribbons - maybe 5 yards on a spool; a set of Earth Elements Water Color Crayons and Pencils; a full set of color family embossing powders, color family sets of eyelets, etc. I'm sure there are more I just can't think right now.

Come Visit Me At ... A Work In Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #92  
Cardstock Collector

I would like to see:

- Another motorcycle stamp set. I love the one I have, but would love more.
- More classic automobiles
- A cute St. Patrick's day set. I have an old, retired set, but need something new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 12:20 PM   #93  
First To Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyWifeArmyMom
OK, I've read the whole thread and agree with everything everyone said!

*I really like the idea of a "Professions" set. A nice teacher set that isn't cutsey.
*I think refills for components of Hodge Pode Hardware should be available as a demo supply item.
*I'd like to see more patriotic sets; I like the ideas of monuments and famous structures (Golden Gate Bridge for instance). And, along the same lines I'd like to see a set, or sets with state silhouttes.
*Military sets - 1 for each branch.
*I'd like to see Small Script and Wonderful Words in the words like Expressive Flexible Phrases.
*Here's my big one....I wish that everything that SU! does in it's 48 colors would come in sets of the 4 color families and neutrals. So, you would have a set of Bold Brights grosgrain ribbons - maybe 5 yards on a spool; a set of Earth Elements Water Color Crayons and Pencils; a full set of color family embossing powders, color family sets of eyelets, etc. I'm sure there are more I just can't think right now.
GREAT IDEAS!!! I would buy that!

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 03:52 PM   #94  
Die Cut Diva

I LOVE the idea of picking your own 6 out of a group of sentiments, but there should be many to choose from, not just 9 or 10. Everyone has different likes or dislikes.

What a great thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 06:05 PM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking

Quote:

Loving all the suggestions!

How about an accessory set with more words and phrases to go with All About U? The thread that has been running on this site recently has had some really fun ideas!

One last suggestion - There hasn't been a nice Religious Easter set in a long time.

Keep going, girls - this is great!
I agree with U! LOL! Great idea about the accessories set! (I'm glad you liked the ideas! It was a fun thread to start!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 06:07 PM   #96  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

Quote:

I WOULD LOVE THIS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 06:42 PM   #97  
Rubber Obsessor

I agree 100% on a Male-Boy type stamps. Big rigs, equipment, golf, or muscle cars.

*** Adoption set (we are adopting and would love a set for annoucements) There are thousands of adoptions daily and could market a set with success.

Family Members- mom, dad, sister, brother, aunt, uncle

Animals- pets

Patriotic set- 4th of July, Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, Labor Day

college student set

school/student set

religious christmas set- I found this years catalog to have a lot less in the way of a religious set and more of a fun-santa set.

I will add more as I think of them

Great thread though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 07:02 PM   #98  
Hardware Hotshot

Great thread....seriously, who's forwarding this to SU???

We definitely need a good patriotic/July 4 set. They retired like 3 of them last year and I thought for sure that they would be replacing at least a few of them. Nothing. Thought the same thing again this year. Nothing.

I also agree about a good St. Patrick's Day set - they just haven't had one I've liked for the 3 yrs. I've known about SU.

I would LUV it if they brought back the "Rainy Days" type stamps. I've only seen them in old cattys and I would love to get my hands on them!!! Darling style.

Definitely expand the scrapbooking options. There are TONS of people that I think would really get into SU if they offered scrappers more choices.

The WWC in the neutrals. I cannot believe that they didn't include these the same year they made all the color changes!

Textured cardstock would ROCK!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 07:06 PM   #99  
Hardware Hotshot

WAIT!!!

The ONE thing I want the VERY most!!!!

A recipe card set that doesn't require 20 hours of coloring!

A more bold, contemporary look with solid individual stamps of fruit, veggies, etc. that you'd just have to stamp once and be done with.

I just never liked the two sets they had in the past couple years - WAAAAY too much coloring.

I would LUV to organize all my recipes and would be thrilled to have a great card set to do that with. It would make a great stamp camp, Christmas gifts, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 07:19 PM   #100  
Forum Fanatic

Here goes:
Get rid of Nice and Easy Notes
And those stupid kids that say Oh Hi I would hate to get a card that said Oh Hi

I would like to see more Vintage and More Masucline not both mixed together
Not so many cutesy cartoony stamps
More stamps set like Sage Advice
Valetine and Love stamp that have something really sweet and romantic so you can give to your mate that doesn't look like an eight year olds valentine
More Individaul sport stamps for boys and girls
More Vareity of ribbon, I saw at walmart black ribbon with hot pink dots, more dots
More gingham, I also saw tan and black gingham and tan and red gingham very country vintage
More different colors of embossing and glitter colors
more colors and different shapes of eyelets for brads and eyelets
one color set of buttons

REFILLS FOR HODGEPODGE AND WATERCOLOR CRAYONS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2005, 07:48 PM   #101  
Glitter Queen

THe one thing I'd like to see more of are MILITARY/PATRIOTIC SETS....at LEAST one stamp or set for every branch! Something that says involves the loved ones...like "____Brat", Proud_______wife, or mom...". Also sayings like "Land of the Free, because of the Brave." That would apply to all branches. I LOVED the "Godspeed" set this year, and "Highly Decorated" I think most people would agree that the large stamp with the soldier was awsome and very touching. I'd like to see "Liberty for all" come back...that set is still very much sought after. SO yes....please more patriotic/military sets.

I'd also like to see the markers/pencils/crayons ect....come in the color families.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 04:15 AM   #102  
Rubber Obsessor

Default my wish list

I need a police set. We were talking at work and decided it could be just like the fireman set. A police officer, german shepherd, a gun, and a police car. Wouldn't that be great?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 05:27 AM   #103  
Compulsive Stamper

I agree with everything that's been posted. More masculine, sympathy, etc. A year or so ago SU brought back some old sets for a month at a time. I'd like to see the classic cars and the tractors come back. Also some large punches, like circles squares and rectangles. The size that would hold a decent sized image. One other idea: The individual color packages of paper are too large. 12 sheets are more like it. Some colors are great but not many of us need 24 sheets at a time. I've been ordering the sets of colors, but you still run out of your favorites. This has been a great thread. I hope that SU listens to the suggestions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 05:53 AM   #104  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by prozacstampinmama
Here goes:

REFILLS FOR HODGEPODGE AND WATERCOLOR CRAYONS

AGREE! I'd like the ability to buy one or two crayons as needed when I run out of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 01:20 PM   #105  

A realistic set of Kitchen utensils: an apron, a crockpot, spoon, whisk, veggies, a knife, table dishes, etc.

Totally agree with the simpler recipe card suggestion.

Embellishments/coloring items/ribbon available in color families. Love this idea!

Basic brown and Sahara Sand in INK CARTRIDGES!

A good, religious Christmas set WITHOUT ANGELS, but with some Scripture verses focusing on Christmas, like out of Isaiah, Luke, or Matthew.

An office set: a computer, desk, pens, books, potted plant.

Fewer cutesy sets, more realistic sets.

A good grown-up party set: wine bottle, martini glass, etc.

A bookplate for stamping your personal library.

And last but not least, I agree with smaller sentiment sets!

Get rid of:
Charming Children
the mice (no flames please, mice just creep me out);)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 01:52 PM   #106  
Rubber Obsessor

I would like to see:

1. More religious Christmas stamps (with message stamps that say "Merry Christmas" rather than "Happy Holidays.")

2. More religious Easter stamps (that actually reference Easter rather than Spring, and don't have bunnies and eggs in it).

3. More Southwest type stamps (with chili ristras, cactus, reptiles, Native American stamps, etc.).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 02:00 PM   #107  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by chef2die4
Basic brown and Sahara Sand in INK CARTRIDGES!
Are blank ink cartridges available so you could use your reinkers to make your own?

Come Visit Me At ... A Work In Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 02:06 PM   #108  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone has some great ideas. Personally, I would like to see some card "charms".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 02:20 PM   #109  
Matboard Maniac

Camping Set
Coctail / Wine Set
New Recipe Card Set
A stamp set about stamping & scrapbooking (for all the crops & parties I attend)
A Ye Olde Cottage Set w/ a Main Street, Gazebo, etc.
An accessory set for the Cottage Set
A Dollhouse and Dollhouse Furniture Set (like the old one that is now selling for some serious $$$ on eBay now)
Stamps for with family titles (Father, Mother, Sister, etc.)
Months (January, Feb....etc)
Days of the Week (Monday...etc)
Lilacs & Hydrangeas

Printed Twill
Ribbon w/ Dots

A series of Tag Punches!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 02:55 PM   #110  
Insane Embellisher

Religious sets, a "quotes from the Bible" set would be nice.

"Man's Best Friend" - sketches (like Seaside Sketches or Summer By The Sea) of dog & person
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 06:10 PM   #111  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 277 Likes on 190 Posts

Hey great thread!!! I would like to see those children of the corn removed! They're creepy. Would love to see the following:

- definitely eyelets/brads in all 48 colors to buy individualy

- the months of the year calendar set (right now I have to use Art Gone Wild's set)

- decalaration of independence background stamp to use with military/patriotic sets and more of those.

- more punches in various types

- more masculine and kid type sets
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 06:59 PM   #112  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh yes - love the poker idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 07:02 PM   #113  
Stampin' Fool

Default Cooking set

Well I just started reading this thread and will read more tomorrow. But I was really in need of a cooking set. With spoons, bowls, ect.

I also like the cookie idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #114  
Matboard Maniac

I agree with masculine sets, boy sets (those that are outside of sports!) sympathy set, nice wedding set, jumbo cartridges available in all colors, a decent cat set (not something cartoonish) and lots of other things I'm sure to think of later!
Kristina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2005, 09:17 AM   #115  
Glitter Guru

Default swap

i would also like to see a new birhday set for kids.they have pretty princess but nothing for boys.how about an all boy set.

we also need an orange stamp pad for the kids ink pads you have all the basic colors but no orange what about those pumpkins in october they need ORANGE.and some new tatoo sets too.spice up the kids sets some more or if they aren't selling get them out.

how about a NEW ZOO SET too.READ THIS.you can make a cat like a tiger.then make it just an outline of the cat.then have a two step stamp with stripes to add on the inside to make it a tiger.or spots for a leaopard.or a shaded stamp for a female lion.we also need a monkey,a male lion,a bear,a camel,rhino,parrots,a cage because we wouldn't want to let all the animals out,a sign that says do not feed the animals.and a blank sign for us to add the name of the animal in the cage.then the list of all the animals to go along with the images.

And a similar set for a petting zoo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2005, 09:36 AM   #116  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa62
how about a NEW ZOO SET too.READ THIS.you can make a cat like a tiger.then make it just an outline of the cat.then have a two step stamp with stripes to add on the inside to make it a tiger.or spots for a leaopard.or a shaded stamp for a female lion.
Now THAT is a FANTASTIC idea!!!! I love it! Have you sent it to SU? If not, do so right away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2005, 10:29 AM   #117  
Mad Swapper

I haven't read all the posts so hopefully I am not repeating too much. I DEFINATELY think there needs to be more stamps for boys! There were some really cute sets that have all been retired. There is plenty for girls, but nothing in the current catalog for boys.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 12:14 AM   #118  
Matboard Maniac

Default Next year's catalog

I am voting for a poker/cards/dice stamp set, something with hockey and perhaps bringing back the Canada stamps from a few years ago. I would also like to see more two-step stamps with leaves - like maple, etc. (I think there was a set awhile back but it is retired).

That's my two cents worth!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 03:32 AM   #119  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would like to see:

*realistic cat set
*religious Easter set with no bunnies or eggs
*more religious Christmas sets
*a set about nursing (the profession, not the act of feeding your baby!)
*a set with penguins that isn't too cutesy
*a set that has matching stamps of objects that begin with every letter inthe
alphabet, and a stamp that says "is for". I made a 6x6 brag book that was
an alphabet book----the first page said "A is for" and had a stamped
apple, and so on. I had trouble finiding stamps for Q, X, Z, U, and Y, and
none of the stamps really matched each other in style.
*more retro style sets
*the hodge podge hardware stuff available individually
*tag punches
*realistic set with insects (okay, I'm really showing my weird side here...) DS
has a pet tarantula, so he'd like that.
*a set with realistically portrayed body organs and an accompanying saying---
ex: stomach with "I can't stomach being without you", or brain with "I
think you're cool", lungs with "It's been too lung since I've seen you".
(yeah. now I'm just getting goofy...)

I think that if we could get cellulite put onto Barbie dolls, it would help a lot with a girl's self acceptance.
SARK
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 04:18 AM   #120  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Totally with you on this one. I've not bought any SU ribbon (though it looks like a good value) it's going to take me a LONG time to use 25 yards of any single color. I'd love a choice like in the paper - buy the assortment and they refill with the 25 yard spools of what I use most.

I know there are ribbon swaps, but for some reason I never do these.

Reply With Quote Likes