Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2004, 10:40 AM   #1  
Duchess of Dork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about selling cards

I read through the post about the Angel Policy & selling cards. This is a very timely thread as a friend & I would like to start making & selling cards & wanted to get input. We are not SU demonstrators. We are just trying to figure out exactly what is okay & what isn't.

1. Someone mentioned you can't sell at a permanent RETAIL location, but could at a different type location. Does this mean I could set up cards at my hairdresser's shop?

2. What about advertising? Can you have card samples at a shop, or business cards about your business? Just not sell the cards there?

3. What are the internet restrictions? Can you advertise on your own internet site? We would like to do custom cards as ordered, not have cards set up to sell as sets, per se.

4. Is selling them from your home okay or not?

5. Are there any restrictions about the papers & inks? If we had to use stamps without restrictions (which wouldn't be as cute as SU's for sure), can we use SU inks & paper?

I'm sure I have even more, but hopefully some of you can answer these! THanks so much!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 11:12 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

This is what Stampin Up! says....hth

Now you can sell your artistic creations made with our award-winning images.

At Stampin’ Up!®, we welcome artists who wish to sell their hand-stamped craftwork using our exclusive stamp images. This practice is known as an angel policy, and has been adopted as a benefit to Stampin’ Up! customers and demonstrators. We have granted permission in the form of a limited license to use any Stampin’ Up! stamp images for the purpose of creating craftworks for sale. The policy guidelines are as follows:
Each craftwork created for sale must be personally and individually hand stamped by the selling artist and may not be reproduced or copied in any form by any means, graphic, electronic, or mechanical, including photocopying. Mass production, assembly-line construction, production by workers for hire, or syndication of hand-stamped craftwork for sale is strictly prohibited.
All of Stampin’ Up!’s images are copyrighted (which means that they may not be copied without permission). To help protect the rights granted by these copyrights, all craftwork created for sale using Stampin’ Up! images must be marked with one of the images from the official Stampin’ Up! Limited License stamp sets, Handmade with Love, Handmade with Love II, or our personalized Tag It, On a Whim, and Decorative Design stamps.
There are no quantity limits for for-sale hand-stamped craft works that abide by the restrictions as stated in this policy.
You may sell your craftworks at community fundraisers, seasonal boutiques or bazaars, or other temporary craft events. However, the Stampin’ Up! name, trademarks, or logos cannot be used at any location where personal hand-stamped items are sold, nor may they be used in any manner to solicit sales of such items. Hand-stamped items cannot be sold in any permanent retail location (any location that conducts business in a store, consignment shop, kiosk, mall, or Internet site), nor may they be sold to other vendors for resale purposes, nor may they be sold at Stampin’ Up!–demonstrator-sponsored events such as workshops, stamp camps, open houses, etc.
You may not use Stampin’ Up! images for the purpose of creating logos or company trademarks.
Persons creating hand-stamped items for sale are responsible for complying with any state and local business and tax regulations.
Persons participating in this angel policy assume all liability for suitability of their work and agree to indemnify Stampin’ Up! and its artists from disputes arising from their work.
Stampin’ Up! is a Utah corporation. The laws of the State of Utah govern the policy. The state and federal courts for Salt Lake County, Utah, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceeding arising from this policy. Any failure by Stampin’ Up! to enforce any of its rights will not constitute a waiver of such rights.
We hope this policy will help inspire your creativity and present new opportunities for exploring the world of rubber stamping! For more information about our wide selection of stamp sets and accessories, contact your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, or call 1-800-STAMP UP.

#103516 Tag It (set of 1) $28.95 CAN / $17.95 US + tax, shipping & handling
#104534 On a Whim (set of 1) $28.95 CAN / $17.95 US + tax, shipping & handling
#104535 Decorative Design (set of 1) $28.95 CAN / $17.95 US + tax, shipping & handling
#102840 Handmade with Love II (set of 4) $17.95 US / $11.95 CAN + tax, shipping & handling
#103016 Handmade with Love (set of 4) $17.95 US / $11.95 CAN + tax, shipping & handling
Member #3785
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 03:02 PM   #3  
Duchess of Dork

THanks, Mel. I've read the Angel Policy & still don't quite "get it!" I know, I'm slow! It mentions that it's okay to set up at temporary or seasonal places, so I guess it means you can have something set up short term???

Then as far as Internet goes----can you not advertise at all on the Internet? That part is just a little blurb that I want to try to figure out.

Is it okay to sell cards from your home?

Thanks!

Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 03:09 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's a number to call on a weekday:
1-800-STAMP UP
or email:
[email protected]

I'm sure they can answer your specific questions
Heather, proud SCS member #132
Gallery
- Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 03:23 PM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

1. Someone mentioned you can't sell at a permanent RETAIL location, but could at a different type location. Does this mean I could set up cards at my hairdresser's shop?

2. What about advertising? Can you have card samples at a shop, or business cards about your business? Just not sell the cards there?

3. What are the internet restrictions? Can you advertise on your own internet site? We would like to do custom cards as ordered, not have cards set up to sell as sets, per se.

4. Is selling them from your home okay or not?

5. Are there any restrictions about the papers & inks? If we had to use stamps without restrictions (which wouldn't be as cute as SU's for sure), can we use SU inks & paper?

This is a thread that's been on here many times before. A permanent retail location is any loction that is permanent. A hairdresser's shop is permanent. You could place business cards, a catalog, or a mini caddy. You cannot advertise on your Internet site. You can sell them from your home, as long as they have an 'Angel' stamp on them. Yes, you can use SU! paper and inks, as long as you have an 'Angel' stamp on the back. Hope this helps. But, to clarify, I ALWAYS call SU! when I'm in doubt.

Lauren~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 04:13 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are only using SU supplies (papers, inks, embelishments (not the stickers)), you don't need to stamp them with the copyright stamp. The Angel policy is only referring to the 'images'.

If you are going to use other brands of stamps, please remember to check their angel policies before selling them. Many companies are much stricter than SU. Some limit you to a certain number of items, like not more than 50. Others will not let you sell at all, and others require you to get specific permission for 'each' project you plan to do. One made me send them a description of my project and the name of the stamp I wished to use before they would grant permission.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 10:58 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

Default hmmmmmmmmmmmm,i just thought of a question

i am selling my stuff and several of my cards might not have a SU stamp, but i have a handmade by"my name" and the su copyright...will they get mad if i use that stamp on my stuff?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 03:56 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm...maybe. Might be a problem since you're putting it with images that are not SU. Probably would be a touchy situation. Might also be a problem with the 'other' companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 03:57 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

sharonka...I don't know if SU will get upset, but the other company's stamps might as you are crediting SU for their artwork. If you use a hand stamped by stamp without the copyright then you are not crediting anyone (maybe your crediting yourself?).

Like it said in an earlier post...check with the company whose stamps you are using as to what their angel policy is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 03:02 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default I'll call...

The Angel Policy IS NOT fulfilled with the regular personalized stamps...right?

Catie
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Reply With Quote Likes