Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-21-2005, 10:46 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rant ~ Stamp pad holders on the bay

OK so I was looking around on the bay today and found that a couple of people are selling the holders that Emily and Jami recommended and the price is insane....

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8203794802

Just makes me mad that people take advantage of others......

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)

Last edited by photocropper; 07-21-2005 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: just cuz!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 10:55 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

wow, that guy is going to make a mint with a 20 doller profit per piece. Hate that. This is what happens when folks are too lazy to just look around the internet for a while...with a few key words the buyers could have a few dozen others to look at, gonna keep an eye on that auction, total ripoff!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 10:58 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

One of our not so fav ebayers was also selling them....just do a search and you will see who I am talking about.......Gosh I could order 10 of them and sell 3 or 4 to pay for mine!!! JUST KIDDIN.... would not do that.... never have been able to rip people off like that......

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 11:06 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

What is the "x" website that they can be purchased at? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 11:12 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

OH sorry guys I should have put that in there but I thought everyone here knew!!! hehehe
This is Jami's thread
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
This is Emily's thread
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

and the website is
http://www.dzyntec.com/dzyntec/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

I can't believe you guys. I understand your frustration with selling Stampin Up products on the bay...but really.....you have no say in other items people sell on there - and can't believe you'd go so far as to email the other bidders. That's pretty low - you are as bad as the "illegal ebay sellers" you complain about. The people selling Stamp Pad organizers are not doing anything wrong. Have you ever thought for a moment - it might be the actual maker selling stuff herself? Or another person who makes the same unit? What about all the people who shop at flea markets and turn around and resell on the bay. Some people make a living selling stuff - and you really have no right or reason to interfere. Would you like someone interfering in your job? I seriously doubt it. Who cares if they make a profit at it - on something you purchased cheaper elsewhere....it just says that maybe you researched a little more than others.

The buyers of these auctions obviously haven't found them cheaper and are gladly paying for these items and leaving great feedback for the sellers of which I just checked. The sellers are putting them out there - but aren't forcing anyone to buy. The buyers are jacking up the price. If you check - the auction style ones are starting at $0.99 each.

One final thought. Think about everything else in this world that you buy.....take for instance - your daily toothpaste. Don't you think that Wal-mart buys it for less than they charged you? That is what makes this world go round. It's called business and the economy and if we didn't have it - we'd be living in such terrible circumstances.

And, in regards to emailing their bidders, what if you had a customer list - and someone got hold of it and emailed all of their customers sending them a direct link to another demonstrator or lawyer, or piano lesson teacher or whatever your business may be, giving them a cheaper price for the same services. I am sure you wouldn't appreciate that either. Just keep these things in mind when you decide to email customers of someone else.

Last edited by amahanes; 07-21-2005 at 02:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 02:54 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you for your opinion but as I stated I do not like it when people get ripped off.....

I have received emails thanking me for the info for this instance and another....so I do not think my information is unwelcomed..... Maybe these ladies do not know the ins and outs of the internet and do not know how to research... in my opinion it is not a bad thing to want to help another person - one you know or one you do not know....

Sorry it upsets you so.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 03:00 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I think that you did a WONDERFUL thing and telling people that YES they are paying way to much!

YOU HAVE DONE YOUR GOOD DEED FOR THE DAY!!!

You go GIRL!

Just my 2 cents!

I love the holders and placed the order today....I so can't wait to get in my hands!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 03:26 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have to agree with the other poster who doesn't agree w/ your position on this. The only way for someone to be taken advantage of is for that person to allow themselves to be taken advantage of. The total price of this unit is about $44 with shipping. The final price if I ordered directly from Dzyntec is about $42 with shipping. That is for purchasing a single unit from either place. So I don't know how you are figuring that the bidders are being ripped off. Yes, they can go to Dzyntec and order 4 for $40 plus shipping but if someone only wants ONE it is cheaper for them to buy just one.

Do you feel like you are taken advantage by say Walmart when you go shopping and pay full price for something when you know they didn't pay their supplier that?

I own a business and what this guy is doing is no different than me buying something at wholesale or discounted prices and then selling it to my customers.

This auction started at 99 cents. The bidders are the ones who brought it as high as they did, not the seller. Don't blame him for running his business on Ebay and selling things at great prices!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 03:31 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

amahanes...I have to agree! I dont think I would like it much if someone emailed me out of blue and told me to look else where for cheaper prices. It does seem kind of wrong although I understand why you would want to do it. I also dont like to see people get taken advantage of. I just cant imagine having the gall to actually send someone an email like that!!! I would see it and say oh that stinks for them glad I researched a little. I have paid too much for items that I could have gotten cheaper but for one reason or another didnt. Has anyone ever sent you an email telling you to butt out? Just curious! Anyways like I said I understand why but dont think it is right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 03:37 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by photocropper
Thank you for your opinion but as I stated I do not like it when people get ripped off.....

I have received emails thanking me for the info for this instance and another....so I do not think my information is unwelcomed..... Maybe these ladies do not know the ins and outs of the internet and do not know how to research... in my opinion it is not a bad thing to want to help another person - one you know or one you do not know....

Sorry it upsets you so.
Shelley, I wholeheartedly agree with you and I have emailed a few bidders myself in the past. I just want you to know your ebay membership can be suspended or revoked if any of the bidders notify the seller or ebay that you told them of a cheaper place. I found this out recently... It is on the ebay site>> http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...erference.html

I just thought you should know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 03:53 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jm_donahoe
Shelley, I wholeheartedly agree with you and I have emailed a few bidders myself in the past. I just want you to know your ebay membership can be suspended or revoked if any of the bidders notify the seller or ebay that you told them of a cheaper place. I found this out recently... It is on the ebay site>> http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...erference.html

I just thought you should know.
Thanks for letting me know! If that were to happen it would only save me some money!!! lol!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 04:09 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I have to agree with amahanes. It seems like running up and down the isles in a grocery store telling the shoppers which items can be found for less at a different grocery store. The information is out there for them to find on their own if they want. I presonally belive that if they are smart enough to sign up for e-bay and bid on an item then they are also smart enough to Google and look for a better price on it. Just as the first grocery store in my example can charge whatever they want, the e-bay seller can accept bids as high as the buyers want to make them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 06:39 PM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Default I did my research!

Just wanted everyone to know that I actually purchased two of these tote cases from this ebayer. I checked into buying from the wholesaler, but it couldn't beat the price I paid on ebay by the time you added shipping and handling!
One of my college economics professors once said: When supply meets demand the price equals ebay!
And from one ebay profiteer to another, "You go girl!"
Reply With Quote Likes