Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-09-2009, 05:37 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Retuned To Sender - Oh No!! 75 for 75 please read

This morning I received 31 cards for my Mom's birthday. . . Thank you. HOWEVER I learned that the post office marked some "Return To Sender" and mailed them back.

Unfortunately there was some confusion with adding my Mom's name to my PO Box and a handful were returned. All is straighten out now and the Post Master assured me no further cards will be marked "Returned To Sender". If you happend to receive one back, please just cross off the Return To Sender and pop it back into the mail. Chances are it will still arrive in time. Even it it arrives a few days late, that's okay too. I have a total of 61 cards so I think I will reach my goal of 75 cards for her 75 birhtday.

I am so sorry for any confusion and thank each of you with all my heart for your time and effort in this project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2009, 06:54 AM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

I am mailing a card today, it may not get there in time but hopefully she will appreciate it anyway. This was such a great idea.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 06:19 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

That's too bad! Hope not too many were returned.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 06:24 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Just west of Spokane, WA, on the rim of a lake with a beautiful view

The post office has been doing that more lately. We sent a check to our RV club addressed to the club at the treasurers home address and they returned it. We told the club about it and she wants us to resend and add the envelope we used originally so that she can take it up with the post office. I don't understand why the post office takes it upon itself to determine what mail is delivered regardless of the name on the envelope. It would seem to me that it is the owner of the mailbox to determine whether or not mail should be delivered there.

Norma
Chemo Angel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Interesting to hear that. I received 43 from this site and 30 from friends and family so I think all is well. I heard from three friends locally, and theirs were returned. I have a feeling the cards from this site are going to be fine. God has a handle on it! My son said that he thought the post ioffice was required to deliver ALL mail to the address as listed. Maybe it is different for PO Boxes. Who knows.

Anyway, I have my fathers lunch pail from back in the day (he passed away in 1994) and I altered it with stickers, pretty paper, ribbons and other embellishments. I plan to put the cards in that for her. She will love it.

I noticed your name was Chemo Angel. Are you a Survivor or are you one of the Angels that takes care of patients receiving chemo?

Have a delightful day!!
Reply With Quote Likes