Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockabilly wedding invitations vintage...need help

I need some help! My daughter is getting married and she is having a rockabilly theme. I'm trying to make some invitations but I'm not feeling it yet. She is wanting the sparrows, banners, hearts, polk a dots. Things like that. Rockabilly is basically from the 50's.

Her colors are black white and a green color that I'm having a hard time matching. Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Deanna
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is that what she likes or she specifically wants all those things on her invites because any of them alone or coupled would be a pretty strong visual for an invite. And then replicating it multiple times is quite a big task.

I know I would be tempted to stick with the colors and maybe polka dot hearts with maybe a ribbon embellishment with more dots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

You MUST check out this store/site www.bombshellstamps.com. They have tons of rocka billy type stamps and a gallery - I would bet you can find some inspiration and for sure some stamps there. I have a couple of the stamp sets - super high quality red rubber, real quick shipping. They are awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2010, 05:47 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkaisuView Post
You MUST check out this store/site www.bombshellstamps.com. They have tons of rocka billy type stamps and a gallery - I would bet you can find some inspiration and for sure some stamps there. I have a couple of the stamp sets - super high quality red rubber, real quick shipping. They are awesome!
Karla: Ooooohhhh! Fun site! I love that vintage look...and since my youngest DS is a motorcycle freak, they have some great stamps that would catch his attention! TFS!

To the OP: Good luck....play around with several layouts/color combos and she what catches her eye. My DD likes those colors too and is currently wild about a shade of green that isn't quite Kiwi Kiss, not quite Green Galore.

Blessings,
Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2010, 06:39 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

How much fun this wedding is going to be. I'm coordinating an old fashioned country BBQ wedding now - ours sounds so much more exciting. Whenever I recommend an invite for a bride I ask them to look around at a few different stores/sites. Here's an Etsy store that have a few ideas for you. Printed Invitation Sample Set Color Block Bridal by KindlySpoken.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2010, 06:44 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Ok I'm having so much fun looking at these sites I had to share a few more links.

ohh and this one uses a great green color
Google Image Result for http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/0/7/6/7/5/webimg/309562444_o.jpg
Google Image Result for http://royalsteamline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/vintagerock_invitation_lg_front.jpg
Google Image Result for http://cdn4.minted.com/2009/10/13/20/22/25/cef7ca5b5acb4a5a85d4a3ef4d306965
Reply With Quote Likes