Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-24-2007, 07:15 AM   #41  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

$25 US is equal to 1004.00 India Rupees, not dollars. Still maybe expensive, but not as bad as $1004 US!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 07:16 AM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLS881View Post
You might not be able to afford the DD gallery so why not take full advantage of all the other members galleries that are free. I'm sure there are plenty who are just as talented and creative who aren't part of DD - not taking anything away from the DD .
She said it so much better than I did. Here are just a few of the awesome and very talented artists not showcased in the DD. Remember there are only 12 of them and there are over 40,000 members here all with great art to view.

LotRFan's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Stamps'nCoffee's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

tropicalichick's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

MilwaukeeMommy's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

DawnL's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

papermoon04's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

I would say these ladies are on DD caliber. So is it worthwhile to support this site by being a dirty dozen member...Yes..if you can afford it. Are there thousands of talented stampers here to look at for free? ABSOUTELY!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #43  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by waglegView Post
Hey ladies when Shivani says it's expensive, it really is.
With the current rate of exchange our $25 is $1004.00 in India.
$5 a month wouldn't get her to the fan club for years!!
1000 rupees is not cheap but itz not exactly like $1000 in dollars. It costs 1000 rupees for a family of 4 in a restaurant or buy a pair of non-branded jeans.
I'm an Indian too but moved to Canada 4.5 years back, so my comparisions may be little off (haven't taken the inflation into consideration :mrgreen: ).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 07:22 AM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamping_jenView Post
She said it so much better than I did. Here are just a few of the awesome and very talented artists not showcased in the DD. Remember there are only 12 of them and there are over 40,000 members here all with great art to view.

I would say these ladies are on DD caliber. So is it worthwhile to support this site by being a dirty dozen member...Yes..if you can afford it. Are there thousands of talented stampers here to look at for free? ABSOUTELY!!!!!!
wow, thanks for sharing these awesome galleries!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 AM   #45  
Hardware Hotshot

I just joined the Fan Club. Besides supporting this site, I think the fan club is a nice perk to have top papercrafter's work at the touch of a button. That being said - there is so much here for you to enjoy that is free. You may not have the cherry on the top of the cake, but you still have CAKE! Enjoy.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #46  
Crimping Master

I joined because of the Dirty Dare...just couldn't resist....good marketing on their part It is nice to have the gallery to look at too. It is good to support the site. That being said, I think if they didn't want us to have access to the many things we do for free they would make the whole site a charge site. I guess what I am trying to say is if you can support the site do..but if you can't or whatever, then don't sweat it enjoy what is out there

come and play the INK IT UP CHALLENGE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 09:22 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_HView Post
I just joined the Fan Club. Besides supporting this site, I think the fan club is a nice perk to have top papercrafter's work at the touch of a button. That being said - there is so much here for you to enjoy that is free. You may not have the cherry on the top of the cake, but you still have CAKE! Enjoy.
LOL! Totally LOVE the analogy, Suzy! Very well put!

I support the site to support the site. Period. The first time I sent money it had nothing to do with the DD because there wasn't any such thing yet. I sent it because I wanted to help out a great site that was providing so much FOR FREE to so many stampers.

Even after the DD came along, the subscriptions I pay are not for the DD. Truthfully, as much as I adore the DD girls and their DD galleries, my main inspiration comes from everybody else here.

When folks are low on money, I guess they just have to ask themselves to make a list of priorities. Move some things down the list and put SCS up towards the top. After all, how often does it happen that we buy something ultra cool, only to have it shoved aside in a month because something else has come along? SCS is here 24/7 365 days a year. I'd say it's a better return on your investment for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 09:35 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The other day I was trying to talk you out of buying Copic markers as you said your purchase was "urgent" and had to be done right away. Relax. If you can't afford something, save your money and wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 09:40 AM   #49  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
If you can't afford something, save your money and wait.
That's my approach. It would be great if Stampendous gave me Fluffles stamps for free, or if someone would buy them for me, but in the meantime I plan purchases over a few months and be patient.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 09:40 AM   #50  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I just joined! Not only to support the site because it's awesome, but I hate being left out of things! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 10:03 AM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Default confused

Shivani,
I'm confused. You asked JoanB about Copics, saying something about an urgent purchase. These markers are out of the price range of most card makers on this site...then you told us you bought a bunch of stuff (which you needed to make the cards....I totally understand that). That being said, it sounds like you just have to put your priorities in order. If you want the membership, as people have said......you have to be patient and eventually you can buy it. You just have to swap a stamp set for a membership when the time comes to buy another stamp set. As I mentioned earlier, that DD gallery isn't going anywhere. It will always be there when you eventually buy that membership.

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 11:19 AM   #52  
Stampin' Fool

I joined the fan club but have only looked at the gallery a couple of times. I prefer the regular members galleries, there are awesome stampers who are not part of the fan club. I paid because I think it is important to support this site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 01:40 PM   #53  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile Do what you can!

I just did a google search and this is what I found for 2006....

�The average wage in India. currently stands at US$145 per month. ($1,740 a year)

�The White collar average wage is US$335 per month.� ($4,020 a year)

Shivani,
I don't know what your situation is, but I realize that people over here in North America sometimes forget that the rest of the world isn't as well off with money for the little fun-wish-I-could things. It isn't really any of our business what you purchased or if we feel we can afford it for ourselves.

There are amazing creations in everyones galleries. Start there and good luck with joining the fan club at some point. Perhaps one day you might be a DD!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 03:03 PM   #54  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you to all of you that support Splitcoast, and all that it offers as a stamping resource and community, through your Fan Club memberships!

Without your support, SCS would not be what it is!

For those who may not be aware, I did want to clarify the purpose of The DD (Dirty Dozen) Galleries, which is two-fold:

1. It gives Splitcoast an opportunity to showcase the talents of some of the many, many wonderful artists all from right here in our very own community!

Each of them volunteer to share the very best of their work with Fan Club Members, rotating in to serve a 6 month term, two at a time.

2. This showcase is extended as a "perk" and thank-you gift back to all Members that support the site financially, known as the SCS Fan Club.

On behalf of this ever evolving team of generous and talented artists, I thank Fan Club Members for taking time to support them, as they contribute back to SCS through the donation of their design services.

The whole Fan Club Concept makes for a pretty cool circle of support and that is truly a remarkable thing!

It is in this spirit, that The Dirty Dozen Past and Present look forward to showcasing the talents of our Splitcoast Fan Club Members in our special Challenges Event, "Dare to Get Dirty!", which begins Wednesday (tomorrow!!!), July 25th, at 9am Pacific Time.

I hope many of you will come join in some or all of the stampin' fun this week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnipeg1View Post
I just did a google search and this is what I found for 2006....

�The average wage in India. currently stands at US$145 per month. ($1,740 a year)

�The White collar average wage is US$335 per month.� ($4,020 a year)

Shivani,
I don't know what your situation is, but I realize that people over here in North America sometimes forget that the rest of the world isn't as well off with money for the little fun-wish-I-could things. It isn't really any of our business what you purchased or if we feel we can afford it for ourselves.

There are amazing creations in everyones galleries. Start there and good luck with joining the fan club at some point. Perhaps one day you might be a DD!
I am sorry if I sounded harsh. It really is none of my business how anyone spends his or her money, even if that person is looking for a break. I would hate to act like the "Ugly American." And that is exactly how I came across. So, I apologize.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree...it's not worth it to struggle to see something that might put you in debt or get you in trouble with your spouse! Instead of wanting to see the Dirty Dozen gallery, you can take advantage of those that are NOT in the dirty dozen and there are a lot of them. All sorts of beautiful cards and creations.

Don't use your credit card!!! Take a deep breath, get a list of the people that are IN the dirty dozen and check out their regular gallery. You can learn a lot from them there!

One last bit IMO, this website is a jewel! Even if I wasn't a member, I would learn a lot just by visiting the forums, etc. But, nothing is for free and you have a lot of people doing a LOT of work to keep this site in tip top shape with the loads of information. It's only fair and right that we maintain the site by giving back. If you can't, then you still reap the rewards of the site anyway!

Good luck and hope to see some of your creations soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Oh My God! I didn't mean....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I am sorry if I sounded harsh. It really is none of my business how anyone spends his or her money, even if that person is looking for a break. I would hate to act like the "Ugly American." And that is exactly how I came across. So, I apologize.

Joan B,
I didn't mean to sound like I was pointing my finger at Americans! I have to admit that I once believed the "Ugly American" stereotype (as that is all I seemed to meet back in Canada), but since living in the US for 4 years now, I love you guys.
When I said North Americans, I'm including myself and my fellow Canadians!

That's what I love about SCS...people from everywhere! It is a fabulous site and that's why I support it with my fan club membership!

Happy stamping, Eh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 05:16 PM   #58  
Forum Fanatic

You might also remember- most of the members of the dirty dozen have their own galleries as well! So in addition to the TONS of non-DD talented stampers we have here, you can see the incredible work of the DD outside of the fan club. Just not in the month's "theme".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #59  
Mad Swapper

Thanx a ton guys...for thinking so much for me..!!
Yup I did paid extra charges for my frugalities purchase...as I used my Indian credit card..& they charge me a lot..becuase of currency conversion..!!It was worse..but still I really wnated all those goodies..coz I luv making cards..& try my best to get watever is possibly available in India..but all things are not..!!

May be any of u...shuld start sum business in India..!!

NO...Stamping Gen...I hate asking for gifts...from my family which stays in U.S....may be I'll wait for sum more time..to be able to see the DD gallery..!!

Or may be I'll see other memeber works...only!
May be sum day I'll be able to see their gallery..!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=Shivani;6624585]

NO...Stamping Gen...I hate asking for gifts...from my family which stays in U.S....may be I'll wait for sum more time..to be able to see the DD gallery..!!

QUOTE]

My birthday is July 31. Everyone in my family always asks each other if there is anything special they would like for their birthdays or other holidays. Since they asked again this year I picked out some house mouse stamps that I wanted and my MIL is sending them to me. She just goes to the website and ships them straight here so it very easy for her. My aunt asked me what I wanted and I told her I wanted the Thomas Kinkade stamps from CHF. She opted to send me a check to buy 3 of the stamps I wanted. I never "ask" for things directly but I sure do take people up on their offer to have me tell them specifically what I want when they ask what I want for my birthday. Heck I even send them links to the exact stamps I want so all they have to do it point and click. ;) When my DH asks me what I want, I tell him.."Go to Michaels, aisle 9 middle of the row on the left there is X and it cost$x.xx. Here is a 40% off coupon." I would love to ask for the copic markers for my birthday this year but I think I would seriously be pushing my families budget limits there. :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 06:35 PM   #61  
Mad Swapper

How sweet..I can understand...
But try to think...my whole family stays in India...only few not close ones stays in U.S.....& only close family asks u for gifts...So i dont like telling them I need this.who are not so close...!!

Anyways..I'am sure other member gallery will really help me..!!

Shivani
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #62  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShivaniView Post
How sweet..I can understand...
But try to think...my whole family stays in India...only few not close ones stays in U.S.....& only close family asks u for gifts...So i dont like telling them I need this.who are not so close...!!

Anyways..I'am sure other member gallery will really help me..!!

Shivani
Really????? I am so confused. In another thread you were very worried about your frugalities order not getting to you. I felt bad for you and offered to call the company and inquire for you. You sent me a pm with the information so I could help you. Then you sent me another pm saying it got to your Dad's house in the USA. Did I misunderstand?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #63  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you checked out the thread that someone starts every sunday "Favorites week ending ...".
Here is last weeks link Forums at Splitcoaststampers

There are some really great cards listed. Wish I had the time to leave comments on them all. Keep checking that thread every sunday and you will get some really great ideas for cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #64  
Mad Swapper

Yup a bit of misunderstanding was there ...actually its not my dad's house..itz the place where my dad's staying ...One of my ..not so close cousin..stays in U.S...my order was shipped there..as it wuld have been a lot..to get it shipped to India..!!

Quote:

Really????? I am so confused. In another thread you were very worried about your frugalities order not getting to you. I felt bad for you and offered to call the company and inquire for you. You sent me a pm with the information so I could help you. Then you sent me another pm saying it got to your Dad's house in the USA. Did I misunderstand?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #65  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

thanks for mentioning me in your list...sweet of you, so many talented people on SCS! I know I've learned soooo much since first discovering it;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2007, 09:25 AM   #66  
Stampin' Fool

Shivani, may I suggest an alternative for you-
I dont have a subscription and I'm doing fine (even though a subscription is a great way to support SCS) I read lots of blogs, and that is totally free. Look for the SCS members who are showing their titles to be "dirty girl", or dirty girl alumni. Look at a post to see if they have a blog link in the signature line, and go visit their blog. And once you are at that blog, they will have links ot other creative blogs. I could spend hours and hours just looking at cardin' blogs. You may not be seeing the exact same projects as others are seeing in the special gallery, but I can say with certainty that you will have lots of things to inspire you as you create.
I use google reader to organize my blogs
http://www.google.com/reader/view/

and check out this list that has all the SCS bloggers:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2007, 09:41 AM   #67  
Forum Fanatic

Also- if you are looking for something particular. The search engine on splitcoastbloggers site allows you to specifically look at dirty girls and former dirty girls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2007, 04:41 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

I know you said your sister lived in Pennsylvania. Perhaps you will visit her some day and get a visit a stamp store. Now that will make you drool.
Reply With Quote Likes