Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrapbook about business goals and achievements?

Has anyone completed a Scrapbook about their business goals and achievements they have or *want* to accomplish?? Could you please share your ideas with me and if you have any examples I would really appreciate it. Or could you help me brainstorm about it. I would like to have a visual of the goals I want to achieve in a scrapbook! What pages/events would you put in it, what stamp sets would you use, layouts and such?? Any Ideas?

Lesley
:shock:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 06:52 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

When I approach scrapbooking, I usually try to think about what I'm trying to communicate and who will be looking at it (ie. receiving the message). When I compiled a scrapbook of my first five years as a kindergarten teacher, I did it to reflect on what I had experienced and ended up using it very successfully as a portfolio tool on interviews. It did not however contain awards, job evaluations, etc. Things that I considered "to be found on a resume" were left on the resume.

All that's to say... is this scrapbook for your own personal motivation or will you be sharing it with customers, downline, etc.? I think doing it for personal motivation would be great. I personally am more apt to see something taped to my bathroom mirror than something I flip through but that's probably just the stage of life I'm in with small children. If its for your personal use, I would make certain recommendations... for others to see, I would make different recommendations. Let us know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

It's for my own personal motivational use. I also do another DSA business and the ladies there want to do something like this also. Examples would be to become a leader - go to leadership, earn a cruise, making friends, etc..

Thanks for the help so far
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 07:50 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I tend to prefer to group things into categories which can then be "chapters" in a scrapbook. Have you ever seen the magazine "Simple Scrapbooks" or their website www.simplescrapbooksmag.com? They have a great formula worksheet. If I were doing this kind of book, and I did a very simple goals book when we were in another DSA bus., I woud divide it into personal, spiritual, business & financial goals. Personal might include relational or organizational goals, time management, etc. I'd include books to read, etc. Spiritual (obvious). Business... what you listed about the various goal levels and incentives. I'd be sure to include where I wanted to be in a specified period of time and what my plan is to achieve it. Financial goals (obvious). I'm a very visual person also so I would include photos or sketches wherever possible. For the acutal goals themselves, stateing them in very specific, measurable terms seems to be recommended the most. When you flip through the book, you could then read these positively stated goals aloud and help motivate yourself by keeping your goals in front of you. Hope that helps some.

Oh, by the way, for my Christmas album, I used a four color block system with the filigree background stamp. Each "chapter" had a specific designated color. It looked unified, coordinated and simply elegant.
Reply With Quote Likes