Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-15-2005, 04:16 PM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to toss all scraps and then decided to save the larger pieces and file them (to be used as small layers or sentiments). I have Pendaflex files for my SU card stock, and now the larger scraps go in those files, too. I just recently started keeping the smaller strips and punched out pieces. The strips are great to use for paper weaving, and they're also good for the 1/4" square and circle punches. I keep them in a Rubbermaid containter that's already more than half full.

Regina
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2005, 04:48 PM   #42  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep most of my scraps, throwing away only pieces I don't imagine I'll use... maybe pieces smaller than 2". Over the weekend, I bought a 5-pack of clear poly envelopes for checks and have my scraps sorted by color group with the fifth envelope holding all the neutrals. These envelopes fit a 1/2 sheet and smaller so it works perfect for me. Prior to this, I just had it all in a gladware container which made it tiresome to sift through all the scraps to find what I was looking for (if there was one).

HTH!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2005, 05:39 PM   #43  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default scraps

I'm with you, Bobbie! However, I have my scraps in an empty baby wipes box (not as glamorous as a wicker basket, but I like it because the rectangle shape fits paper so nicely!)
In my scrap box, I loosly organize them by color - yellows at the back, blues at the front, etc. Small scraps are papercliped to the top of a taller scrap of similar color so that they don't get lost in the bottom of the container.
This "casual" color organization of scraps works great because I'm able to put my hands immediately on several possiblilities for color combos as I'm working on a project. I find myself being much more creative and innovative when I'm working with scraps -- often times there's just a small piece of exactly the right color and I end of figuring out how to incorporate it into the card in creative and fun ways.
I highly recommend a scrap bucket, basket or box with the scraps loose and easy to touch and see without having to open baggies. The basket approach is tidy without being "over organized" and it doesn't take up much space on the worktable.
Reply With Quote Likes