Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-15-2007, 12:08 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searching for shower favors!

I am in need of an idea for some inexpensive, quick to make favors for a bridal shower on Sunday! (Yikes!) Long story short, my DF's grandma is hosting the shower, but DF has organized it (bless his heart) but I know there will not be any favors for the guests unless I whip something up. The absolutely only thing I can come up with is the little baggies with candy in them and then a stamped bag topper. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it! Even if you think that idea stinks, let me know! I need some other women's feedback as soon as possible.
Thanks!
God bless.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 02:56 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I just posted one to my gallery this AM!
PLUS the Dirty Dozen had a vintage/wedding theme in May?
I ahve some stuff in there as well

Go check it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 04:48 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

My all time favorite favour iten is a triangle box filled with appropriate treats.
I do not know how to link you to the directions, but type in Triangle Box under search and I am sure you will find it.

Only thing I do differently is I punch all 4 holes before i assemble. Make a template of where the holes should line up and you will be fine.

I have used stamps on plain paper, but my favorite is to use a printed cardstock.

When you assemble, make sure your top folds down over the sides to hide the cut edges. You will know what I mean when you make one.

These are SO simple, fast and elegant!

Goos luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 04:50 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

I need to quit typing so fast and correct my errors!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 04:57 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

For my son's birthday, I went to michaels, bought wood frames for $1 painted them white (you can do yellow, pink, etc...) and then bought the wood pre-painted dies of cars or frogs $.75(you can do flowers), personalized them and wrapped in celophane. They were a big hit. You probably wouldn't have to personaliize them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 07:08 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

What about vellum sour cream containers???? They are impressive, easy and you will be able to see the treats. I used Hershey kisses. Just type sour cream containers in the gallery search and I'm sure you'll find the directions. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 07:16 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was going to suggest Mytime's...but she already did ;)

Obviously making all those chocolates might be time consuming (I know it was for her!) but maybe you can do something similar...it's really a great presentation, and really, who doesn't LOVE candy???

I've done chocolate spoons too (again time consuming to dip all those plastic spoons in chocolate) mmmmmm....bath oil beads, or bath salts...just add a little ribbon and a tag...beautiful!

Good luck to you, hope you find something that works!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 09:07 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

What about plastic white spoons, with 2 hershey kisses laying in it, take round pieces of toille (sp?) netting, found at micheals or ac moore's wedding section, bring it up over the spoon to hold the kisses and tie around handle to hold with ribbon that matches the wedding colors, and you could put a poem attached with the ribbon, made on the computer, then cut out with decorative scissors that's says something like: a spoon full of kisses as Kathy and Shawn become Mr. and Mrs. using your couples names ofcourse
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hershey Bars

Victoria
I think the fastest and cutest are the Hershey bars. The regular size. I made them for shower favors for my daughter's baby shower. Put them in a cute basket with tissue paper & a bow on the basket. They got to take one as they left.

You could do really cute stamping on them & then tie with pretty chiffon ribbon. Simple & easy. Or stamp their names on them. OR types their names & the date on the paper (in the computer) and then stamp them after you've cut them out. Does that make sense? If you've never made them: you take the brown wrapper off the candy bar (reg. size) and gently unglue it. That's your pattern. You then make those in white (stampable) paper. after decorating those (I deco edged the ends) you use double stick tape or runner and wrap it around the original candy bar (that still is wrapped in the original foil) and tie a pretty bow around it or just leave it like that. Let me know if I can explain it any better. I have NO pictures of the ones I did. They were done in cream colored paper with gold embossed baby feet & verse w/ivory & gold tiny bow.

Snooky (Carol)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 10:51 AM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi!

I just had a Baby Shower for my daughter and instead of the traditonal favors of candy I found a place online that sells mainly for Wedding Showers Candles wrapped in Tulle tied up with a bow and the name and date of shower with a wonderful poem that goes with it....in essence saying to light the candle on remembrance of the special day....I got candles at Mikes for really cheap (blue ones for a baby boy with blue ribbon) and typed up on my puter Baby Shower for (name and date) then I printed out the poem put all of the favors in a pretty basket with the poem attached to the basket which I read before giving out the favors to everyone....It was a hit! Good luck have FUN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampGrooverView Post
Hi!

I just had a Baby Shower for my daughter and instead of the traditonal favors of candy I found a place online that sells mainly for Wedding Showers Candles wrapped in Tulle tied up with a bow and the name and date of shower with a wonderful poem that goes with it....in essence saying to light the candle on remembrance of the special day....I got candles at Mikes for really cheap (blue ones for a baby boy with blue ribbon) and typed up on my puter Baby Shower for (name and date) then I printed out the poem put all of the favors in a pretty basket with the poem attached to the basket which I read before giving out the favors to everyone....It was a hit! Good luck have FUN!
Oh I forgot to say White tulle and to put the tag on with the ribbon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is a quick, easy shower favor I found in the gallery:
bridal shower favor by CrabbyAbbe at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #13  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 638 Likes on 448 Posts

I read somewhere here I think, that someone put little plastic bags out and had bowls filled with different cards of candy and people could fill their own bag. Maybe you could buy the bags and just attach thank you tags to them. I used this idea for my son's communion and it was a hit. I bought colored paper bags and used stickers to put everyone's name on a bag. The kids got a big kick out of filling their bag. I would not be so bad to make lots of thank you tags.
Good luck,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2007, 03:44 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Wow! Thank you all so much for your wonderful ideas! Oh, I am so relieved now. I am not nearly so intimidated now to have make these; friends always take the pressure off! Thanks again everyone and I will have to update you all with what I decide to make.
God bless.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2007, 11:21 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

I decided on the sour cream containers made from vellum. I stamped on them with Black Stazon with the Fairy Tale Wedding set. They turned out so cute! I filled them with milk choc. & peanut M&Ms. (Not ideal, but that was all I could find.) I will post a picture soon, with my whole "spread" of thank you card, name tags, and favors. I'm getting excited!!
Reply With Quote Likes