Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you MUST go to ONE scrapbook store only, that store HAS TO BE Lasting Memories in Lynnwood, next to the Alderwood Mall. It is hands down, the best scrapbooking store in the entire state of WA. Be prepared to pick your jaw up off the floor.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Default good stamping stores....

I was at Rubber Soul in Redmond 2 1/2 yrs ago when visiting my sister. Actually stopped there twice on my visit there. Fantastic store... Also went to the Ben Franklin. Couldn't believe how big the stamping section was...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 10:23 AM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

Default Seattle Stampin/Scrappin stores?

Hi there! I will be in Seattle in mid-August with my DH (ahhh, leaving the children with Grandpa/ma while we go for a getaway....) Would anyone be kind enough to tell me where the great stampin/scrappin stores are in Seattle? I am so excited! There are so many new products coming out, and here in Smallville, while we have a great store, she just can't carry all the cool new stuff.
Any info would be so appreciated!
Thank you so much,
Lisa
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/iam_monalisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, Seattle's pretty big so I'm assuming you're coming to Downtown Seattle, which in itself is also pretty large. In Downtown Seattle, in the Westlake Center there is an Impress store on the upper floor. It's small but packed with lots of goodies. On Capital Hill (near Seattle Center/Key Arena) there is a store called Monkey Love. That store is similar to Impress but is a little larger. If you are able to travel outside of downtown Seattle, I can expand my suggestions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 02:03 PM   #45  
Compulsive Stamper

If you are coming to the Eastside (Bellevue, Issaquah, Redmond, Kirkland) there are a few stores not to miss. My favorites are Make an Impression in Issaquah on Gillman Blvd. It is BIG and has so much in it. They have everything and you will need a few hours there. Also across the street is a great scrapping store in the QFC Plaza called the Mad Scrapper. In Bellevue Square is Impress, small but great stuff. Their big store is in Southcenter next to Paper Zone (also a paper zone in Issaquah) The Southcenter Impress beats the life out of their small stores in Seattle and Bellevue. Also, in Redmond Town Center is a small store called Rubber Soul.

If you need directions or other info, let me know. Try to get to Make an Impressions. You will think you have died and gone to heaven.

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 04:57 PM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Yep - I vote for all the above Make an Impression is my "home" store, we also have a Paper Zone and of course Mad Scrapper. In Bellevue there is a new store (if you love paper) called Paper-Source. I'm not certain what portion of the country you are coming from, but if you don't have one it is a wonderful place to visit. Very innovative papers, only a few stamps - you can check them out on-line at www.paper-source.com. Impress is a WONDERFUL place - check them out at www.impressrubberstamps.com. I love the small, yet amazing Rubber Soul. Jean Okimoto teaches classes there and her samples are fabulous!!! They carry a lot of my fave stamp companies (Lockhart, A Muse, Savvy, Rubber Soul, etc.) I have not been to Monkey Love yet, but I hear amazing things about it and if you are an A Muse fan Linda has opened her new store! (read about it here - http://www.amusenews.typepad.com/). Hope this helps some and just keep asking questions - those who live here know we live in STAMPING HEAVEN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 05:38 PM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

We are actually coming from North Central British COlumbia, down through Vancouver BC to get to Seattle. So I'm coming from the North! We will have 2 nights and 3 days there to do WHATEVER! Yes, I am willing to travel outside of the Downtown Seattle area. We are coming armed with maps, so any directions would be a godsend. Thanks so much. I'm so excited to be going on this trip-- we haven't been anywhere without children (except once overnight) and our oldest is 8. It is needed!! I could probably spend three whole days in these stamping stores, but I fear I would then return home single. lol
Maybe I should start a different thread for this, but what else is going on in Seattle in mid August. We will be there from the 15th-17th.
Chat at ya later!!!!!!!
Lisa NOvakowski
Smithers, BC
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/iam_monalisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 05:43 PM   #48  
Pearl-ExPert

A wonderful resource for all the "happenings" in Seattle is www.Seattle.com - it has dining, movies, theatre, etc. If you would like recommendations re: dining just list some of your fave foods and hopefully I can send you to some fantastic places
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #49  
Stampin' Fool

You will pass through Lynnwood on your way into Seattle. There is a great store called Lasting Memories. Not a lot in the way of stamps, but embellishments and paper like crazy.... Very nice store!!

Please take a stroll through my gallery!
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=76367
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 11:40 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

You might stop in Bellingham at Stampadoodle. They have hundreds and hundreds of stamps. And they are right next door to Paperzone.
Another great store in Bellingham is Treasury of Memories, scrapbook + stamping.

Come to think of it, if you want to stay away from all the traffic jams that Seattle offers, you might just stay in Bellingham. Parks... Golfing... Boating... Mount Baker... Mt Shuksan... Birch Bay...
No, I don't work for the Chamber of Commerce. I just love it here!
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #51  
Compulsive Stamper

I think that EllenH and I agree that you must try to get to Make An Impression if possible. I will bet that it is the biggest stamping store in Washington. I will give you directions to that. Remember that Mad Scrapper is across the street for a great selection of papers and scrapping embellishments. Paper Zone is about 5 minutes away and yes, Paper Source in downtown Bellevue is a great stop. I just finished wedding invitiations for a friend using all Paper Source papers/envelopes. A bit more expensive but so unique and quality is superior. Paper Source is in Lincoln Square which is directly across from Bellevue Square (home of an Impress store. I love their own line of stamps. See their website before you come down here)

One more great place for everything is Ben Franklin in Redmond. I love to brouse around there when I am in the area. You could hit there and Rubber Sole at the same time.
I will send out directions in the next email. I can't remember the exit # (I always go by name) but will get that today as I go to Costco.

If you read this Ellen, hope to run into you at Make An Impression someday!

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #52  
Compulsive Stamper

Directions for Make and Impression and Mad Scrapper in Issaquah:

Take exit 15 off I90 east. It is the exit for State Route 900. There are 4 lanes on this exit. You want to be in the lanes to turn right. Of these 2 lanes that turn right, get in the left hand lane. Turn right at the light at end of exit. Get over to the left for the first left turn. Turn left at first light onto Gilman Blvd. Mad Scrapper is on your left in first plaza with QFC. Go further down about 2 blocks and Make An Impression is in plaza on right with GI Joes, Rite Aid, Bank of America etc. Let me know if you want any other directions. Good luck. Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2007, 11:41 AM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Arrow scrapbooking stores *in* Seattle? Tulip Festival

Going to Seattle again!!! Gahhhh! The excitement of checking the stamping & scrapping stores plus visiting my friend and her kids again is almost too much!!! Not to mention what a cool city Seattle is!!! I'm from the Prairies...where "it's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days". Hehehe.

Last year I only checked out Impress in Tukwilla (and the nearby Michaels, quickly). Man...I nearly fainted in Impress!!!!!! My friend kept laughing at me!!! I'm making a list again...and figuring out locations (shoulda bought a map last year! ). I'm also checking this thread - rubber stamp stores washington state - for suggested locations. I know I *must* go to A Muse! And it looks like stores in Redmond aren't too far from Seattle, right???

Two questions for those of you in and around Seattle;
  • Can you tell me your favourite *scrapbooking* stores in Seattle? Like this paper-holic needs anymore pretty papers...
  • Are there any LSS (local stamp/scrap stores) on the way from Seattle to the Tulip Festival in Skagit Valley?

I am seriously mega excited about this trip!

.:Cris:.

PS Also need to see if there are any cool classes at any stores *next* week.

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 07:32 AM   #54  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by avonlea
Two questions for those of you in and around Seattle;
  • Can you tell me your favourite *scrapbooking* stores in Seattle? Like this paper-holic needs anymore pretty papers...
  • Are there any LSS (local stamp/scrap stores) on the way from Seattle to the Tulip Festival in Skagit Valley?
So...any suggestions on a scrapbooking store in Seattle? What about on the way to the Tulip Fest from Seattle?

Thanks!

.:Cris:.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #55  
Stampin' Fool

Heading north out of Seattle up to the tulip festival, stop in Lynnwood at Lasting Memories.... The best selection of paper and embellishments ever!!

Please take a stroll through my gallery!
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=76367
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

You can stop in Marysville (just north of Everett ) at Craft Mart for a fun store with an amazing amount of papers. They have very different stuff than Mike's or Joann's, too. If you have time to sign up on their web page you can get coupons, too!

What day are you going to the festival? I'll be there on Wednesday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 05:57 PM   #57  
Kookie Creator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just returned from fabulous Seattle last week. We loaded our Magellan GPS and went right to Monkey Love. What a quaint little store with some unusual stamps, accessories, and paper. The owner was so friendly.

------------------------------

Doris
Hampton VA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysmom
Heading north out of Seattle up to the tulip festival, stop in Lynnwood at Lasting Memories.... The best selection of paper and embellishments ever!!
While your in the Alderwood area you could stop at Fun Stamps (on the other side of the mall from Lasting Memories)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Cool! I've heard about Lasting Memories, glad to hear it's on our way. Also glad to hear about Monkey Love. Next week = dangerous! *lol*

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot2dot
Make an Impression in Issaquah (just a tiny ways from Seattle) is the best stamp store I have ever been to. Monkey Love downtown is great. Do NOT miss Impress at SouthCenter in Tukwilla. If you go to that Impress then skip the other Impress stores as they are just tiny versions of the real deal. Paper Zone is right next to SouthCenter Impress and is really great too. If I could only hit one it would be Make an Impression with Southcenter Impress a close second.
My dad & step-mom live in North Bend which just a little ways from Isaaquah. If you get a chance, this scrapbook store is AWESOME! I had forgot the name of it until I saw this post. Have fun!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 08:36 PM   #61  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novell
Well, Seattle's pretty big so I'm assuming you're coming to Downtown Seattle, which in itself is also pretty large. In Downtown Seattle, in the Westlake Center there is an Impress store on the upper floor. It's small but packed with lots of goodies. On Capital Hill (near Seattle Center/Key Arena) there is a store called Monkey Love. That store is similar to Impress but is a little larger. If you are able to travel outside of downtown Seattle, I can expand my suggestions.
The Impress store in Westlake Center has closed. *cries* But the one in Tukwila is still open. And the one in Tukwila is two stores down from The Paper Zone! Definitely a place to stop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #62  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janette R
The Impress store in Westlake Center has closed. *cries* But the one in Tukwila is still open. And the one in Tukwila is two stores down from The Paper Zone! Definitely a place to stop.
Hmm, let's see....get picked up from SeaTac. Stop at Tukwila to *die*, yet again, at Impress...check out PaperZone this time...maybe M's and J's...arrive home 6 hours later. How does that sound? *lol*

Loving your suggestions!!! I'm gonna have to show this thread to my friend. Tee hee. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 08:37 AM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Another thought for you...if you have time to or from the tulips you could take a 20 minute detour (from I-5) to Monroe (on hwy 2) and go to the Ben Franklins there. They have an incredible store with a nice assortment of paper craft products and a fabulous selection of nicer beads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #64  
Glitter Queen

Default Seattle Stamp Stores

I'll be in Seattle next week for work and pleasure. I notice there are several stamp stores listed for Seattle. Does anyone have any recommendations about which one I should visit?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #65  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A Muse

and

Impress
(Tukwila location is the largest of their stores)

at the very least. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 05:08 PM   #66  
Die Cut Diva

Don't forget Make an Impression just minutes from Seattle in Issaquah and Monkey Love downtown. Oh, yes, also Paper Zone next door to the Tukwilla Impress and another Paper Zone in Issaquah.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 06:23 PM   #67  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
Don't forget Make an Impression just minutes from Seattle in Issaquah and Monkey Love downtown. Oh, yes, also Paper Zone next door to the Tukwilla Impress and another Paper Zone in Issaquah.
The Issaquah Paper Zone (the nicest of all Paper Zones I have ever had the pleasure of shopping) was closed down, unfortunately. :(

Paper Zone filed Chapter 11, and currently only 7 stores in WA, and 3 in OR remain. Bellevue, Seattle, and Tukwila branches are still open, according to their website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #68  
Die Cut Diva

Noooooooo! Was that recently? I went Christmas shopping there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 08:01 PM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
A Muse

and

Impress
(Tukwila location is the largest of their stores)

at the very least. ;)
I was just at Amuse today for the first time! What a fun, fun place!! And Impress is great too!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #70  
Embossing Fanatic

Ooh, you MUST MUST MUST visit Packaging Specialties. http://www.ps-stores.com/

They have amazing stuff! It's my favorite store ever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 08:22 PM   #71  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
Noooooooo! Was that recently? I went Christmas shopping there!
Yeah. Just last month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 08:23 PM   #72  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimber4m
I was just at Amuse today for the first time! What a fun, fun place!! And Impress is great too!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oh, good for you!

What did you get? Any of the new Summer images?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #73  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keurigirl
Ooh, you MUST MUST MUST visit Packaging Specialties. http://www.ps-stores.com/

They have amazing stuff! It's my favorite store ever.
OHHHHH, WOW!!!

I'd never heard of this place! TFS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 08:27 PM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Oh, good for you!

What did you get? Any of the new Summer images?
Nope, I had to hold back!! But they were very tempting!! heehee! I spent $67.00 on just necessities for a swap I am in. I got some pretty striped paper, polka dot ribbon, a couple stamps ( shhhh... i cant tell because I am using them for Novell's swap :rolleyes: ) and the giga and mega scalloped punches. But there is always next time and I realized that it is just a quick 10 minute drive from one of the storage properties I manage. I can see myself up there way too much now!!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Nope, I had to hold back!! But they were very tempting!! heehee! I spent $67.00 on just necessities for a swap I am in. I got some pretty striped paper, polka dot ribbon, a couple stamps ( shhhh... i cant tell because I am using them for Novell's swap :rolleyes: ) and the giga and mega scalloped punches. But there is always next time and I realized that it is just a quick 10 minute drive from one of the storage properties I manage. I can see myself up there way too much now!!! :mrgreen:
I meant to say giga and mega oval scalloped punches. I am just so excited about my new toys I am tripping over my words. :rolleyes: lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #76  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Julie, Packaging Specialties is an AWESOME place. They have a location in the Overlake area of Bellevue and one in Seattle. The most beautiful ribbons, wrapping papers, packaging boxes, etc for any occassion. Not cheap, but totally awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 08:29 PM   #77  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Oh, Julie, Packaging Specialties is an AWESOME place. They have a location in the Overlake area of Bellevue and one in Seattle. The most beautiful ribbons, wrapping papers, packaging boxes, etc for any occassion. Not cheap, but totally awesome!
Thanks Novell!! Enabling yet again! Didn't you do enough damage to me today already? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 08:35 PM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks Novell!! Enabling yet again! Didn't you do enough damage to me today already? ;)
Ha, ha! No stamps at this place!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 08:36 PM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Ha, ha! No stamps at this place!
We're master procurement agents. I am sure I could find something!!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 09:16 PM   #80  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

We're master procurement agents. I am sure I could find something!!! LOL!!
heh, heh, heh! There's always something!

Sounds like you got some muy fun goodies, AND, had a great time! :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes