Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2006, 03:05 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default selling cards how to's

Hello all~

I was just wondering if someone could let me know where it is legal to sell your cards and such?? I am interested (if it's possible) to sale them on Craigslist. Some insight would be much appreciated!!! Thanks a ton!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2006, 07:37 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lori, I don't think Craigslist would be legal. SU's images can be used on cards sold in "temporary" non-retail locations. This would include, craft shows, bazaars, etc. Since Craigslist is a permanent, although virtual, address, that would be a no-no, just like ebay would be. Sorry, not what you wanted to hear, I know...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Thank you ! That's what I thought but wanted to make sure of it!!! Wish it was easier!!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

That is correct, no permanent locations. I know it is frusturating sometimes when you come up with a great idea or have someone want to sell them for you in their store for example. Remember if you do sell them, you need to follow the Angel Policy. Your demo can get you a copy. You need the SU copyright on the back of your cards. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2006, 04:23 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I used to sell mine in a secondhand book shop during the holiday season... I had to read this policy twice to make sure I didn't mess up. lol Hope this helps so no one has to really search for it like I did.

http://www.stampinup.com/web2001/AngelPolicyEnglish.pdf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2006, 04:25 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Are there any stamp companies that *do* allow sales in fixed retail settings?

--debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2006, 04:32 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes. I know The Angel Company does for sure. I am a demo with them so I know that they will let you sell anywhere at anytime as long as they are HANDMADE. This was one of the big reasons that I decided to demo for them and not SU! whose images I also love.
HTH
Trudy
Angel #1952
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by trudence
Yes. I know The Angel Company does for sure. I am a demo with them so I know that they will let you sell anywhere at anytime as long as they are HANDMADE. This was one of the big reasons that I decided to demo for them and not SU! whose images I also love.
HTH
Trudy
Angel #1952
This to is why I went with The Angel Company (TAC)
Because of the Angel Policy that they have.

You may sell your Handstamped creations anywhere as long as they are HANDSTAMPED!
No special stamp on the back of your cards.
In Fact TAC encourages Demo to sell their Handstamped creation to genrate more income.

The only place that they do not want us to sell our handstamped creations is at our Workshops.

I could walk into a retail store that sells handmade creations and sell them to the store or I could set up a booth, To sell my handstamped items.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2006, 05:17 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Most other stamp companies have much more user-friendly Angel policies than Stampin' Up. Don't get me wrong, I love SU stamps, but they have the most restrictive Angel policy in the business. No retail sales ever, no matter what kind of store. You should check the Angel policy of the company for any stamp you intend to use, but most will say it's ok to sell them as long as you hand stamp. Some will ask you to use their logo stamp, and if you're lucky they'll provide you with a logo for free (SU requires you to use their logo, and you have to BUY the stamp).

I have a question of a related nature -- I've noticed that a lot of the responses on this board are from SU demonstrators, who all seem to assume that everyone buys only SU products. Is there some relationship between this board and SU that I'm not getting? Maybe the SU people have their own thread, and I keep stumbling into it? I saw another thread where everyone was talking about ink colors, and it was all SU colors, as if there are no other choices out there. I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to tell when I've entered the SU threads, vs. more broad threads. thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2006, 05:47 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizj
Most other stamp companies have much more user-friendly Angel policies than Stampin' Up. Don't get me wrong, I love SU stamps, but they have the most restrictive Angel policy in the business. No retail sales ever, no matter what kind of store. You should check the Angel policy of the company for any stamp you intend to use, but most will say it's ok to sell them as long as you hand stamp. Some will ask you to use their logo stamp, and if you're lucky they'll provide you with a logo for free (SU requires you to use their logo, and you have to BUY the stamp).

I have a question of a related nature -- I've noticed that a lot of the responses on this board are from SU demonstrators, who all seem to assume that everyone buys only SU products. Is there some relationship between this board and SU that I'm not getting? Maybe the SU people have their own thread, and I keep stumbling into it? I saw another thread where everyone was talking about ink colors, and it was all SU colors, as if there are no other choices out there. I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to tell when I've entered the SU threads, vs. more broad threads. thanks
There are companies that are even more strict than SU!, believe it or not. Some manufacturers do not allow items made with their stamps to be sold at all -- EVER. That includes craft shows and taking card orders from friends and coworkers.

Regarding your second question, this site was originally created for Daven's wife (who is a SU! demo) as a resource for her downline. That is why there is such an overwhelming SU! presence here. There is no official relationship with SU! as a company, which is why you can find non-SU! images in the gallery and demos for other companies posting in the forum.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes