Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #201  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicazView Post
Wow Wendalyn.. your cards look great, fabulous, amazing.. and they all look like they are a lot of work (and time).. so where do you get all that time? does your day have 40 hours? or are you like Leonardo da Vinci who needed to sleep only 4 hours a day? ;)
LOL I work nights so i have my afternoons free. I was making quite a few a week now i make like a dozen but they have been going for alot more so more work into the cards more money i guess LOL... Would be nice to have 40 hours in a day i could sure use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #202  
Stazon Splitcoast

For payment, I get cash at the time of the sale. All the money goes right back into supplies and postage for my soldier project. My hubby sells my cards at work and he keeps a list of those who purchase and does sometimes let them wait il payday to pay him. It works for us.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #203  
Crimping Master

Default update

SU! has updated their policy. I got this off their website:
Completed, hand-stamped projects may be sold at competitive and non-competitive retail locations, temporary craft events, community fundraisers, and over the Internet. In selling hand-stamped projects, the seller must make it clear that the items are hand-made, and not a product of the company. The seller may indicate the supplies used are from Stampin' Up!, but the Stampin' Up! logo may not be used in any way for the sole purpose of promoting the sale of hand-stamped projects.

Notice it says they CAN be sold at 'competitive and non-competitive retail locations" AND 'over the internet'.

Yay!! this makes this a LOT less complicated. As I understand it, as long as each item is marked with their copyright, and it's handmade by the seller, it's pretty much good to go!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #204  
Die Cut Diva

It says "may indicate the supplies used are from Stampin' Up!" Does everything have to have their stamp on it? I did not understand the policy to indicate that every item had to have their stamp. Does anyone know for sure about this issue?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #205  
Inking Addict

Default Follow Up on Other Question on Payment

So question for those that have a basket of cards to sell. How are people paying you? Do you have a piggy bank in the basket or do you make arrangements with who ever is allowing you to sell your cards there? I'm planning on selling my cards in a few months and this is something I've wondered about. Thanks.

I saw one other person's reply to this where I think the poster was saying her husband is her seller at work and the customers pay him direct. But how do you other ladies handle payments? When you sell at your hairdresser, does the receptionist keep track of your money? I don't want to put someone out like a nurse if my doctor's office allows cards to be left in a basket but if I'm only going back once a month to check on the supply, how else do you handle the money?

Maybe a piggy back type box for payment is too trusting. Maybe you do have to have a relationship with someone at the place you leave your cards and ask if they mind keeping your money for you. But there are so many of you who sell cards by leaving them out in baskets, there have to be more answers as to how payment is handled.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #206  
Crimping Master

Default I sold at work

but it's a small staff and we all know each other well. I just left the box of cards on the staff room table, and people either put the money in their (we've got people selling eggs too, and they do the same) or they put it in my mailbox in the office, or found me during the day.

Having said that, I know of another similar workplace (small staff, conservative community) where someone was recently arrested for fraud sooo...I guess you never know.

My guess would be that as long as there's a personal connection, it's safer, just because people who know you (hopefully) wouldn't want to steal from you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #207  
Stazon Splitcoast

Also for the two swim teams I supply...I have a count of cards that are supplied and I only require payment for what they sell. The coach pays me at the conclusion of the sale and I accept any that dont sell. Last year they sold nearly everything so I am anticipating even more cards selling this year. I have also picked up a second swim team to supply. This will net me OVER $4000 come Nove/Dec time frame. All this money is for the soldier project, it is how I get supplies and pay for postage. Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 01:55 PM   #208  
Kookie Creator

Default catching up later...

Interesting thread......I'm just marking this thread so I can come back and finish reading it later. Happy STamping !!!!

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #209  
Stazon Splitcoast

I started selling my cards last October. I made OVER $2000 in Nov & Dec and that was before my hubby started keeping a basket on his desk at work.
He sells between $60.00 and $125.00 per week in cards just because everyone is always coming to look for "the basket". I presently supply 2 swim teams with cards for fund raisers. I give each team 750 to start and then provide an additional 250 each within a couple months of the first batch. I make cards all year long for these things so I can have a whole lot on the shelf....These are the big things I do. It is very lucrative for me. I sell most at $3.00 each. Swim teams slightly less so they can make money too. I wish you all the luck. Pretty soon people will come looking for you.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 04:33 PM   #210  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I started selling my cards last October. I made OVER $2000 in Nov & Dec and that was before my hubby started keeping a basket on his desk at work.
He sells between $60.00 and $125.00 per week in cards just because everyone is always coming to look for "the basket". I presently supply 2 swim teams with cards for fund raisers. I give each team 750 to start and then provide an additional 250 each within a couple months of the first batch. I make cards all year long for these things so I can have a whole lot on the shelf....These are the big things I do. It is very lucrative for me. I sell most at $3.00 each. Swim teams slightly less so they can make money too. I wish you all the luck. Pretty soon people will come looking for you.
Blessings.
Sprtchick,

What is the typical size of your cards..... or do you make a variety of sized and price accordingly?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #211  
Stazon Splitcoast

I normally ONLY make the quarter sheet size A2. I make a lot for the soldiers as well. It is easier for me to stick with the one size.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2008, 05:51 PM   #212  
Cardstock Collector

I have a question about the angel policy and punches. Most of my punches I have purchased from SU but they are made by EK Success. I can't really tell if these fall under the Angel Policy as a "copyrighted design" and if so, if it is the SU Angel policy or the EK policy. I am mostly talking about punches like the scallop circle, flower punches, snow flakes, etc. Can anyone answer this for me?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #213  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Retired Angel Stamps?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber333View Post
The stamp I had used was the retired stamp set that was for the angel policy. The retired sets that were advertised for the angel policy does still work the posted something about it when the new set came out. Though now I've gone to a personalized one.
I know this is an older thread, but I've searched and searched and can't figure this out so I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

Can someone please tell me the name(s) of the retired Stampin Up stamp sets(s) that qualify for the angel policy? I know of the current one, just not the retired one(s).

(How can I buy it on ebay or the BST forum if I can't search for it? )

TIA for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #214  
Die Cut Diva

subscribing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #215  
Rubber Obsessor

Subscribing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #216  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wow - What an interesting thread. I've been reading through it for the past hour (so much for a solid 8 hours of sleep).

So far, I've only sold cards on a monthly basis to a friend of my sister but I'm going to ask my friend (who works at a preschool) if she'd mind keeping a basket in her classroom for the parents. And maybe even my DD's small charter school will allow me to leave a basket.

I lost my job in October and have decided (for now) not to look for further work. This has put a damper on my new stamping hobby! It's really encouraging to know that I can make a little extra cash this way!

BTW - for the ladies who have baskets in locations like hair salons & DH's desks: would you mind taking a photo of your display? Do you decorate the basket or have it wrapped up in a way that people want to come look through it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #217  
Stazon Splitcoast

mine is just a plain plastic mesh type basket that I got from Joanns. No special display. Everyone just knows to come looking for the basket. It has been good for us and when we went on vacation for two weeks they could not wait for us to get back so they could get more cards. there are between 200-300 people in my hubbys office so lots of cards to be sold. I just sent 75Valentines cards and they will not last too long. The basket makes its rounds of the office one passes to another. WE have not noticed any theft and trust everyone to pay for what they take. It has worked out very well. Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #218  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheeseHeadInCAView Post
I know this is an older thread, but I've searched and searched and can't figure this out so I'm hoping someone out there can help me.

Can someone please tell me the name(s) of the retired Stampin Up stamp sets(s) that qualify for the angel policy? I know of the current one, just not the retired one(s).

(How can I buy it on ebay or the BST forum if I can't search for it? )

TIA for your help.
Try "Handmade with Love" and "Handmade with Love II". Both were in the 2004-2005 catalog but I don't think they retired that year.

Hope that helps--
Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #219  
Kookie Creator

not sure if this helps but here are some pics from a craft fair I did this fall. If you go backwards in my gallery, there are pics from my other fairs.

i used a cardrack to display my cards and I found it to work very well. I sold plenty of cards!

http://crafts.peteandkerry.com/proje...008%20007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #220  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, this took awhile to read through.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2009, 05:11 AM   #221  
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Skype™ to neverenuffstamps

Wow, Kerry! Your display is beautiful! So visually appealing!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantala40View Post
not sure if this helps but here are some pics from a craft fair I did this fall. If you go backwards in my gallery, there are pics from my other fairs.

i used a cardrack to display my cards and I found it to work very well. I sold plenty of cards!

http://crafts.peteandkerry.com/proje...008%20007.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #222  
Kookie Creator

Subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #223  
Compulsive Stamper

subscribing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 09:25 AM   #224  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantala40View Post

http://crafts.peteandkerry.com/proje...008%20007.html
Can you please tell me where you purchased the rack?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #225  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Is anyone selling any holiday cards on ebay right now? In the past 7 or 8 years I've done well with selling, but this year my cards are just sitting there. I've lowered the price and I think my cards are even prettier, but not a lot is selling. Anyone else having any luck?

MYBlog
Designer for Deedee's Digis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #226  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

I bought a 72 card rack on craigs list for $20.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #227  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by prbloomView Post
Is anyone selling any holiday cards on ebay right now? In the past 7 or 8 years I've done well with selling, but this year my cards are just sitting there. I've lowered the price and I think my cards are even prettier, but not a lot is selling. Anyone else having any luck?
Maybe it's just not close enough to the holidays for people to be buying holiday cards yet? Your cards in your gallery are amazing so I'm sure you'll sell some soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #228  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

nothing is still selling in my ebay store. is any one selling at craft fairs this year?

MYBlog
Designer for Deedee's Digis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #229  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to alicaz

eBay stores are only good if you have a lot of traffic and people know you - you need to have auctions or fixed price listings in the core - otherwise you won't be found by so many people.

Quote:

nothing is still selling in my ebay store. is any one selling at craft fairs this year?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2009, 02:41 PM   #230  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

There's a whole thread on craft fairs and how they are doing here:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

You may want to check it out....different crafters are encountering different levels of success.....

Good Luck!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #231  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am selling cards and card totes like crazy...business is good.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #232  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

In the end, how does a company know that you are selling cards and disregarding the angel policy? Someone would have to rat you out or the company somehow has to discover that you are doing it. I am not advocating flouting the rules but I try not to stress over it. I would never have dreamed that embossing folders are protected!! Once they 'catch' you, theY can ask you nicely to cease and desist but the only real way to stop you is to sue you. Is it worth their while to do so? Almost certainly not!! Just be careful of anything Disney, even fabric. They have sued very small business owners over sewing garments using Disney fabric for sale. I think officially, you aren't even allowed to give such items away! So if you get 'caught' which is extremely unlikely, just apologize and dont do it again! I know, I am such a rebel!!

As for SU! Copyright stamps, any stamp that says c Stampin' Up, made by SU! qualifies.

I agree with the poster who sells her cards for around the same price as Hallmark or other fancy card stores. They make thousands of cards in seconds, how much more is my handmade card worthy of the same price!! I always make my cards with some layers and bellies to give you an idea. I will admit, I don't sell many but I havent tried really hard either. How on earth do you ladies make any money if your cards are $1-2?? It takes me an hour to make most cards unless I am making multiples. That means after you subtract supplies, you get pennies per hour for your time? Not ok with me. I'd rather give cards away. I'm nit trying to be mean, just curious about the thought process that brings you to that decision.

And while I dont like to toot my own horn, my cards are all super straight, super neat and stamped images are perfect (or d**n close) or I redo them. There is no excuse for sloppy work in cards for sale. No matter how experienced you are, we all have rulers for straight lines and even placement. Stuff that takes practice are layouts (lots of good sketches online), proportion, colour choices, bellie placement and style. If you can't stamp a 'clean' image, don't try to sell your cards!

I strongly recommend you put an envelope and the card in a clear envie. If you stamp anything inside, stamp it a second time on a white sticker and place that on the back rather than using a card jacket ( more plastic = more waste). If you are selling in person (vs a basket in an office), you might not put an envelope in with each card but rather encourage going green by saving paper and using the clear envie for mailing. I cut some copy paper into A2 size to slip in the clear envie for addressing or you could put a sticker on the front. If they are giving in a bag, with a gift or in person, they may not need anything at all in addition to the clear envie.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Last edited by Rebecca Ednie; 11-22-2009 at 02:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #233  
Stazon Splitcoast

I package ALL my cards in clear envelopes with a white or ivory envelope for them to mail the card in. I stamp the inside sentiment on a post it note and put it on the inside back of the clear envelope. This way they can easily see the beautiful front of the card and just turn it around to see what is on the inside. Everything is protected this way. It works for me and this is also how I package all the cards for the soldiers...nothing but the best will do. blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 09:42 AM   #234  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You may need to message her as her post was over ten months ago she may not be following this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #235  
Stazon Splitcoast

I found my floor standing rack with 72 slots for cards on Ebay. Didnt pay too much as it was used. It was in good shape. not sure who you wanted to ask but thought I would answer...lol
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:10 AM   #236  
Mad Swapper

subbing
A Muse Studio Consultant #1021
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes