Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #41  
Gallery Gazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been a member of a stamping club (SU!) for 5 whole years! Last year, I worked full-time at a very stressful job and it was the only time I got to stamp at all! I absolutely love my demo (thanks Kristi B!) and she does an awesome job. She even lets us choose what we want to do when we are hostess, a "standard" no-fee party with a few projects demo'ed and one make and take, a 5 projects for $7 stamp camp or even a 10 project stamp camp for $15, I believe! She gives the option of having it at her house or yours and the hostess of that month (or every other month) brings all the snacks and drinks. I love receiving the hostess benefits wihout always having to ask for outside orders, it is terrific, I recommend it!

I do agree with Mel, make sure you like the demostrator's style first!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 12:57 PM   #42  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 248 Likes on 132 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vee
I am a demo, but here are the reasons my club members liked club:
1. It was always at my house, so they got a night out away from the kids etc
2. The hostess of the month brought a food treat but didn't have to clean her house-remember it is a my house.
3. They went home with projects
4. THey were gonna order $25 on stuff a month anyway but this way they get a social occasion and other benefits
5. When It is there turn they are welcome to bring other guests and collect outside orders. (most months my 7 gals topped $600)
6. I offered things like a monthly swap, free reinking of their pads, surprises, garage sales of my old stuff.....only to club members.
IF you can gather 5 friends who wantto join a club you may have more leverage with a demo about how you want to do it. (when, where, perks) I know I would be willing to give a lot for a pre-formed group coming to me and asking.
Ditto here!
Some of my club members have remained in club up to 5 years, and are renewing again. One of my downline actually remains in one of my clubs because she loves to learn new ideas ... our styles are a bit different, and she enjoys the different perspective in my ideas. The "fun" of the monthly gathering cannot be dismissed either. A few come from work, and just adore being able to unwind, & relax & stamp with the group. Of course, the learning, the hostess benefits, the club perks that I add in from time to time, and the door prize fun are all elements that they appreciate. Truth is, my members do receive some benefits that others do not, because I want them to know that I appreciate their regular loyalty.

You really have nothing to lose in a club, as long as you are interested in learning, having fun doing just that, and hope to collect more stamps & benefits without having to clean house! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #43  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Received 3,323 Likes on 2,504 Posts
Default Love Mine too!!!

I have also been in a stamping club for the past three years. We have not had 10 people in the club, so our great demo Nancy is also a part of the swaps. That Rocks!

We have a set calendar for the swap theme--birthday, anything but a card, free choice, etc and as the others have stated, the "hostess" that month (we draw at the first meeting) brings the snacks. Nancy has beverages, plates, etc., as the meetings are at her house. It can be at our own house as the hostess if we want, but all except one where at Nancy's.

First we swap card fronts. We have two ladies in this year that do not swap and that is fine too.

Then, we make two projects and usually learn a new technique each time. This year, we also got "project cards" that show the technique and we are able to file those for future use--mine are in a small 4x6 photo album. That is a great addition this year-I hope we keep it up. We do not get them every month, but I love it when we do.

We had meetings the first year for the full 12 months as there were only 5 of us, plus Nancy. Last year and this year it is 10 months and we are a hostess one month and with the 8 of us, we split the hostess benefits for the last 2 months.

As others have said--it gets us out of the house, get to try new techniques, get some great swaps, gain new friends, have fun stamping with others--Need I go on.

Go for it--I will stay in them as long as I can.................................Barb

Join Our Challenge Your Stash Group--click Here!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

I love our club. Last go-round we had 12 members, so it was a 6-month club with 2 hostesses each time. This time, there are 7 in our group, so it will be a 7-month club. I've been stamping a long time, and I keep up with the hobby, so I already know a lot of what our demo teaches. But what I appreciate the most is getting out with people I don't work with and just socializing for a few hours. Though I usually don't have much to say, it's so much fun to listen to everyone and hear how their lives are changing from month to month. And my demo is just so enthusiastic about staming -- it's contagious! The hostest bennies don't hurt either ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

What isn't there an edit button?

I meant the hostess bennies -- not hostest!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

Ack -- WHY isn't here an edit button, not what!

I'll stop now before I have another typo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #47  
Rubber Obsessor

Love it! I'm in one with my two sisters, our aunt (who is more like an older sister) and lots of friends and co-workers. Our demo has it at her house in her stamping room and it's awesome. With the number of people in it, we are at about $20 per month, each (and we usually spend more! Of course!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 02:44 PM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
The only potential drawback is if the style of the demo organising the club does not mesh with your expectations. I've read a few threads where some customers were in the dilemma of being unhappy with how the demo of their club did things, but only finding this out after they'd already committed to the club and its monthly minimum purchases. If you have a set of expectations about when and how your items should get to you, how easy it is to communicate with the demo, etc etc and you are not familiar with the one running the club, it is a good idea to get some feedback from other customers beforehand.
VERY good point...this is why I let people come for the first month with no obligations. I don't make them join the club. They can either place a minimum $20 order like my club members do and get their projects free, or they can just pay me $10 to make my projects and not order. This way, they can check me out and see how I run my clubs. They don't get to participate in any of my hostess benefits AND they don't get to participate in any of my drawings, contest, give-a-ways, or discounts UNLESS they join my club...this entices them to join. I haven't had one person turn away yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will be signing up for my fourth year in the same stamp club. I have an AWESOME demo, and I have made many friends by being in the club. We meet once a month, and I really enjoy my night out and really look forward to it! I think you should join! I can't think of a reason not to!
Laurie's Cards & Ramblings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 05:37 PM   #50  
Stampin' Fool

I'm in a club that meets once a month. Our demo is only 1 year into the business and is fresh and exciting. She is very accomodating and organized. I can count on a fun night (5:30-7:30) and come home with 6-8 finished cards. We all spend a minimum of $25 which is not hard to do. I say join if you have the time to regularly commit to the club! I've learned lots of new techniques and methods!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 06:38 PM   #51  
Die Cut Diva

Gosh that sounds fun, I've never been in a club. I'm a hobby demo so I don't really don't do clubs of my own. I'd love to be in one sometime if I ever drop my demo-ship.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 06:40 PM   #52  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 248 Likes on 132 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesh4rk
Gosh that sounds fun, I've never been in a club. I'm a hobby demo so I don't really don't do clubs of my own. I'd love to be in one sometime if I ever drop my demo-ship.
Julia, you could just as easily enjoy hosting your own group! You only need 5 or 6 ladies to get started, and the fun is SO contagious!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:27 PM   #53  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesh4rk
Also depending on the demos in your area you can be in the club and be a demo. I have a lady waiting to sign that says the only way she will is if she can still come to my club. I have no problem with that as long as she meets the same requirements as the rest of the group ($20 purchase per month) and doesn't solicit the group members at the meetings. I also have a member who is a cunsultant for another company. Maybe you have a upline or sideline close by who would welcome you. Or try the locator and just be honest that your a demo.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:36 PM   #54  
Die Cut Diva

Location: In a hostile frozen wasteland...waiting for spring!

I miss my group...the only reason I didn't do it for another year is because I don't drive and it took me an hour and a half to get to my demos house on the bus! I still place orders with her often though...and who knows I may join one of her groups again someday...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:45 PM   #55  
Embossing Fanatic

Default I love my club! We meet on the first Sat. of every

month. Some of the members teach us new techniques, and we also have swaps. It's wonderful to be around other people who stamp. If you have a chance to join a stamping club, do it!

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 08:54 AM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

I am on the fence about rejoining my club. I enjoy the projects but there is that one person who just....well, you know! Thanks for all the enthusiasm, maybe I'll rejoin anyway!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 09:44 AM   #57  
Hardware Hotshot

I love it as I am new and get to learn new techniques, meet people, and see all my demo's stamps to get an idea of what I would actually use. Helps so much more than a catalog alone.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 10:50 AM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

ok, I don't think I missed any messages with this question. I apologize if I'm asking a question that was already asked...

Stamping Clubs sound awesome and I'd really love to join one! I don't know if my SU or CTMH demo offer them. I'm going to ask but would like to be able to explain to them what they are if they say no and ask me what they are. Since I'm newer to stamping I don't really know how long my demos have been doing their thing and all that they offer. So, would somebody be willing to sum up what most stamp clubs are about for me? Sounds like such a great way to get lots of product!

Thanks!

My blog...a work in progress...
Reply With Quote Likes