Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2005, 02:29 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by *proudma2boys*; 08-04-2005 at 11:48 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 03:31 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sign up under her and she'll earn a portion of your sales. However, first ask her what she has to offer her downlines. This is a lot of money and not just friendship/feelings. Do what works for you and she'll understand. if not, she's not a very good demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 03:56 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I bet she'll understand. If she loves stamping as much as you do, I'd think she would totally support your decision. After all, she wouldn't be a demo if she didn't want the discount too, right?

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 04:13 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I totally agree with Joan B. I have been a hobby demo for 3 years now and love it. If you can afford the $300 a quarter, go for it. I like having the benefits of a demo, getting all the extra's. Such as getting on the demo only site here, the 2 demo magazines, Stampin Success and Onstage, the ability to order whenever you feel like it, extra money given off on supplies from other companies because you are a demo, such as the CARL Cutter from Everafterarts.com, the ability to log onto Stampin Up site for all the new information before the customers, I could go on and on.
I feel you need to think about what is best for you, and getting that 20% off is a lot of money, she should understand that and if not, too bad. She does get a kick back for your sales so she does not loose out altogether, plus she gets other benefits for recruiting. She might be happy that you want to become a demo.
As for me, I would never go back to just being a customer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 04:23 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Hi Amy!
I went through the same thing. I was really torn to even think it. My demo is my neighbor and my best friend. We do everything together! She introduced me to stamping about 5-6 years ago and when she became a demo I told her I totally support her in anyway I can. Well, I have been juggling the thought of becoming a demo for awhile but this awesome promotion got me thinking and Dh said go for it!!! I finally got up the nerve to talk to her about it. I promised her I wasn't doing this to offend her or take her customers away from her. I want this for MYSELF ONLY! I spend plenty on SU and she makes the profit off of it so why not earn that for myself. Her and I talked and the first thing she said to me was...I give you the discount when I can...what more do you want? I think she was kidding but I explained to her I want the opportunities that she gets and plus this is a way for her and I to do more together! So she was ok with it and immediately printed out the Starter Kit Forms and Applications and helped me fill them out and has been very helpful by calling SU and asking questions I had. I truely did not wanna step on her toes but this is something I wanted to do for awhile. I know she has lost a good customer thru losing me but i'm sure she will find new customers down the road.
So go and talk to her..I'm sure she'll be 100% supportive of you as you were to her!

My blog:
http://weebeestampin4fun.blogspot.com/

Featured Stamper #153 on SCS-January 10, 2010
Merry Maker for the Merry Monday Challenges-April 2012-April 2016
Guest Designer for the SCS Color Challenges-May 2013
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 05:51 AM   #6  
Abbe-licious

I say go for it. She still gets a profit from your sales plus a bonus for signing you up. I am sure she appreciates your loyalty though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 06:01 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with everyone else. Just be upfront and lay all your cards on the table, so to speak. You won't be in competition with each other, you'll be able to support each other. JMTC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 06:11 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Go for it - if she gets offended then just sign up with someone else! I'm being harsh. No, seriously, they may be losing a great customer but surely they would understand why you would want to sign up and get the benefits of being a demo for yourself. It is not your responsibility to carry their demonstratorship just because they became a demo first, know what I mean? It will be up to them to find other customers if they were relying on your sales. And if they were truly relying on your sales then maybe it should be you who is the demo and her your customer.:o I think if these people are your friends first and demo's secondly then they will come to understand. I'm so sorry that this has been a touchy issue because it should just be fun for everyone, not something to worry about.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 06:41 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

You are not silly for feeling nervous, I was too. But I just called and asked her how she would feel about this and she was fine with it. She helped me with my paperwork and is going to show me how to place orders etc. when I get my kit.

So I say go for it too. She is not much of a friend if she can't see why you want to do this.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 11:50 AM   #10  
Inking Addict

Last edited by *proudma2boys*; 08-04-2005 at 11:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 03:05 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpstamper
Go for it - if she gets offended then just sign up with someone else! I'm being harsh.
I tend to agree...I have 4 demos in my immediate neighborhood, including my upline, and ther is room for everyone!

I honestly don't know why she's be upset. Trust me, she will benefit.

Reply With Quote Likes