Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-02-2006, 12:31 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So disappointed.....(vent, bit long)

Well I guess it had to happen one day.....

I had purchased my 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th set of SU stamps from USA ebay. I received the 3rd & the 4th very quickly and was very happy. At the same time I paid for the 5th & 6th set (both from same seller) and am still waiting 1 month later to recieve these sets.

The seller emailed me that they would go out the next day after I paid.....so I waited and waited and contacted him to ask where they were and he gave me some **** and bull story about how long it takes and blah blah blah. I am VERY educated on the postal system from USA to Australia as I have purchased over 100 different things from there, so I know what I am doing.

I sent another email asking where they were agian 4 days ago and have not heard from him still. I have just emailed the seller to let them know I am pursuing a claim for a refund for the stamps as I am not prepared to wait any longer. I did my part by paying straight away, so why do people feel they can treat you like this??

Thank goodness I paid via Paypal and got insurance......so I cannot lose this case. Anyways I am disappointed and put off buying SU stamps at the moment. Thank god they are coming to Aussie land and I can get the stinky things myself!!

thanks for listening :(
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 01:42 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Sorry to hear this has also happened to you...I used to be ebay happy. Did the seller have a great feedback score...That is the one thing I look at first. I have been burnt twice, by differnet sellers and thank goddness for paypals quick response...

Hope you get this settled soon...............
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 02:15 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Yes I check out their feedback before going ahead and buying....One of the first times ever I had purchased on USA ebay, someone tried to jip me. So ever since then I am always pretty ebay savvy. The seller had no negative feedback at all and had sold hundreds of things.

It's a shame cuz all it takes is one person to ruin it for good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 02:51 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. I always wonder when I buy on ebay how long it's going to take before someone does the same to me. It's a shame that you should even have to think that way but anymore you just can't be too sure about people. I hope you get it cleared up soon.

http://www.paperpiecingsbynikki.com/.../NEW-ITEMS.htm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 04:46 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Aww man that just is THE WORST!!! I hope it gets settled QUICKLY!!!!! Hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 05:00 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tookiepie
Well I guess it had to happen one day.....

I had purchased my 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th set of SU stamps from USA ebay. I received the 3rd & the 4th very quickly and was very happy. At the same time I paid for the 5th & 6th set (both from same seller) and am still waiting 1 month later to recieve these sets.

The seller emailed me that they would go out the next day after I paid.....so I waited and waited and contacted him to ask where they were and he gave me some **** and bull story about how long it takes and blah blah blah. I am VERY educated on the postal system from USA to Australia as I have purchased over 100 different things from there, so I know what I am doing.

I sent another email asking where they were agian 4 days ago and have not heard from him still. I have just emailed the seller to let them know I am pursuing a claim for a refund for the stamps as I am not prepared to wait any longer. I did my part by paying straight away, so why do people feel they can treat you like this??

Thank goodness I paid via Paypal and got insurance......so I cannot lose this case. Anyways I am disappointed and put off buying SU stamps at the moment. Thank god they are coming to Aussie land and I can get the stinky things myself!!

thanks for listening :(
I've purchased quite a bit on Ebay.....and know there are certain SU sellers to avoid for that reason. Hopefully you did not buy from Eekabear14...that seller is notorious for slow shipping. It always pays to check out feedback. But don't fret...they may arrive yet. ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 05:41 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm clueless about how shipping works, etc. from US to Australia so please forgive my ignorance. Is there some reason you can't purchase stamps directly from a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator?

I bet you can't wait for SU to hurry up and get over to you! You should become a Demo yourself & reap the benefits!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 05:42 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Just out of curiousity - how long does it take for something to arrive from USA to Australia? Is it possible that your package got hung up in customs?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 05:50 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

I have actually purchased on eBay a few times from sellers in Australia, and I have been surprised at how FAST I received things! This is just a flake, no doubt. So sorry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 06:06 AM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Sorry this has happened to you. Since you got some of the sets I'm sure you will get the rest.

Sound to me like you need to purchase from a demo! They can direct ship to you. I am a demo in New Hampshire and have customers in New York, Florida, and Georgia. DOesn't matter where they are from as long as they are prompt with their service. You will also prob. need one who can take paypal or credit cards too.

HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 06:47 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Actually, we've all agreed not to sell to people in countries where Stampin' Up! does not do business, so it would not be right for a demo in the US to ship her stuff to her. I know that really sucks for the people that want SU in other countries, but it is part of the Demo agreement. I'm sure tookiepie will be a great customer or demonstrator once SU hits Australia, (and I'm sure you can't wait!). It would be nice if the rules were different, but alas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 07:12 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I'll be darned - I had no idea we couldn't ship to people in other countries . . . learn something new every day!

Seems like a silly rule though . . . don't quite understand that one . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 07:35 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

It has to do with taxes and licenses...SU doesn't pay the taxes there and isn't licensed to do business in other countries. I don't know specifically, but I'm sure the legalities are really complex when you start crossing over into exporting to other countries. I'm sure that's why it's taking awhile for them to get over to Australia. It would be nice if it was eventually sold all over the world, but I'm sure that would take some time (especially considering they way they sell--since it's us demonstrators who live in the countries, not directly). Some of the girls on here are stationed in military bases all over the world, and they are told that they can only sell to others on the base, not the natives to that country. It's got to be incredibly frustrating for them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 07:43 AM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

OK No flames here BUT didn't SU just post something (?last month) about how now that we are online with our catalog people all over the world can view are catties and whatnot. Even countries that we don't sell in? Pretty much saying we aren't limited to here? At least thats what I got from it.

AND No I don't have customers overseas.....

I guess you could always call DS and ask if its ok.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 08:25 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

....back to issue with the ebay seller. There are sellers who are just not very good at their end of the business but if this particular seller had all good feedback, & you got the 1st few sets w/o a problem - maybe - 'life happened' & whatever it is was outside of their control. My hubby purchased some of my fav perfume from ebay - from a powerseller with excellent feedback. Never rec'd the item & never rec'd a response from emails. Contacted ebay & we did get a refund (always use Paypal). Ebay mentioned that they also hadn't been able to reach the seller & this was very unusual for this particular seller. We wrote it off to 'life happens' & just hoped the person was ok. I try to always give a person chance to redeem themselves & go from there.
Kitty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 08:37 AM   #16  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 571 Likes on 458 Posts

I bought something off of ebay from Australia & while the person who sold the item to me sent it airmail, the postal service somewhere along the lines did not. So, it took a little while longer than normal, so hope it's something like this that has happened & not a deadbeat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

I searched for the word "foreign" in the online Demo manual and came up with the result for International and Military Activities. The paragraph under Sales Activity says this:

Stampin’ Up! catalog merchandise may be sold through Stampin’ Up!, Inc., only within the 50 states of the United States, District of Columbia, the United States Territories (American Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Marianna Islands, Palau, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands). Stampin’ Up! catalog merchandise may be sold through Stampin’ Up! Canada, ULC, only within Canada. Demonstrators who desire to sell in Canada must comply in all respects with the many complicated laws that govern such activity and sign up with and comply with all the rules of Stampin’ Up! Canada, ULC.

I do believe there was a Recent Update around the beginning of the year which reminded us of this policy (and said that they knew the catalog going online was going to be viewed by people from all countries and that's why they wanted to remind us of this policy). There are many demos here that are stationed on military bases who are only allowed to sell on their base, not to the residents of that country--think how frustrating that must be! I'm sure it must be a complicated legal issue for SU, and I do hope that they are able to continue to expand to other countries. But as a demo in the US, I am only able to sell to US customers.

I didn't mean for this to become a hijack to the thread, and I really hope that you are able to get your stamps and/or money back (though I'm sure you'd rather just have the stamps ;) ).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Well here is the update on the situation......

I got my stamps this morning! I woke up and they were at my door. THAT was a surprise. No wonder he didn't answer my emails. But, the silly person sent them with the paypal invoice, which stated I paid for insurance.....so.....how come they were on my doorstep and I didn't have to sign for them???? Cuz he never sent them insured. So he just decided to rip me off a bit more money!!!!!

For those who were curious...it takes 6-10 days From USA to AUstralia, using Global Priority Mail. I always pay a bit extra to have my items sent this way as most things arrive within 6/7 days. So it's pretty darn fast!

I feel a bit bad now for sending the last email warning the seller of claiming a refund...but he didn't send them till like 2 and a half weeks after I paid...which is really slack. Plus he lied about it all....so I am still considering either a neutral or negative feedback.

Guess I will wait till SU comes to Aussie land to purchase the rest, cept for those retired ones.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #19  
Forum Fanatic

I don't know about australian post, but in the US insurance doesn't mean you have to sign for them- it just means if there is damage you can file a claim for reimbursement.

Only signature confirmation requires a signature.

Glad to hear you got your stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 01:40 PM   #20  
Compulsive Stamper

Sorry to hear about your fustration with ebay and your stamps! I am glad to hear that you finally received them. It was rude that the seller never emailed you to let you know they were on the way, so I wouldn't feel too bad about telling the seller you were thinking about claiming a refund! Hopefully next time you purchase stamps it won't be as difficult! Happy stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 01:56 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Skittl1321, I always have insured most things from USA as most times the items I have purchased, cost more than I want to risk losing. Insurance in Australia means if you aren't home to sign for the parcel, they leave you a little slip to say you have to come to the post office to collect it and sign for it, that way 'just anybody' can't get it.

Like I said earlier, this is the safest way to ensure you get your parcel....and that is why I choose insurance, to cover my butt.

dsquared, thanks for telling me I shouldn't feel too bad...as it was I was pushing the time limit with Paypal to try for a refund. But alls well that ends well.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #22  
Forum Fanatic

I don't know that I can say this but Stampin Up! will soon be expanding into australia and soon you won't have worry that kind of problem.

I purchased something from someone in Beijing China and I'm in Michigan and it only took a week.

About us Demos selling to people outside the US and Canada is not allowed but me myself can purchase something and then send it to someone in another country. I called DS and they said this was ok because the right sales tax was being paid.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

At the very least, I think your seller deserves a neutral for not even answering your emails (plus the late shipping!). It's completely rude of him/her not to answer you at all and give you a ship date. I've sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay and I would never not answer an email from a buyer! Some people just get lazy and greedy I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by tookiepie
Well here is the update on the situation......

I got my stamps this morning! I woke up and they were at my door. THAT was a surprise. No wonder he didn't answer my emails. But, the silly person sent them with the paypal invoice, which stated I paid for insurance.....so.....how come they were on my doorstep and I didn't have to sign for them???? Cuz he never sent them insured. So he just decided to rip me off a bit more money!!!!!

For those who were curious...it takes 6-10 days From USA to AUstralia, using Global Priority Mail. I always pay a bit extra to have my items sent this way as most things arrive within 6/7 days. So it's pretty darn fast!

I feel a bit bad now for sending the last email warning the seller of claiming a refund...but he didn't send them till like 2 and a half weeks after I paid...which is really slack. Plus he lied about it all....so I am still considering either a neutral or negative feedback.

Guess I will wait till SU comes to Aussie land to purchase the rest, cept for those retired ones.......
is that legal? you paid for this insurance and he just pocketed the money and didn't buy insurance?! i really do think that's illegal. can you not report this person to ebay? i don't buy ebay, so i'm not "up" on the ins & outs of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #25  
Forum Fanatic

I have bought more then I'd like to admit too off there but there have been a few occasions where I paid for a certain type of shipping and they sent it the cheapest form of shipping just to get a couple of more bucks. And ebay did nothing about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 04:20 PM   #26  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by heresrita
is that legal? you paid for this insurance and he just pocketed the money and didn't buy insurance?! i really do think that's illegal. can you not report this person to ebay? i don't buy ebay, so i'm not "up" on the ins & outs of it.
It depends on how he would respond if there was a problem... Some sellers don't purchase the postal insurance because of the huge delays in filing forms and the hassle involved to file a claim. Some figure that if someone pays insurance and doesn't need a claim that they are making enough to cover someone who DOES have a claim. If you purchased the insurance, the seller is responsible to refund/replace the item at face value, whether he purchases an actual policy on your item or not. Risky for the seller if they can't cover a claim if they don't buy the USPS insurance, but as long as they honor it, they're in the right.... (Kind of like a deposit on a rental... it's a damage deposit. The landlord can use that money in the meantime, but when you move out he has to have the money available for a refund unless you trash the place. That is his "insurance"....)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 04:24 PM   #27  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by prozacstampinmama
I have bought more then I'd like to admit too off there but there have been a few occasions where I paid for a certain type of shipping and they sent it the cheapest form of shipping just to get a couple of more bucks. And ebay did nothing about it.
I occasionally sell on eBay. As a matter of fact, I have a CM album there now, if anyone's interested....

Shipping charges on eBay sometimes also include handling as well. I get charged a fee for every item I sell, plus a percentage of the final selling price. If a buyer uses a credit card, I have fees associated with that as well. Plus, when I ship an item, I use plenty of bubble wrap and packing materials. These all cost money. Shipping charges aren't always as simple as the amount of the stamp used to send them.... there are many fees associated with eBay that someone on the buying end never knows about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 08:04 PM   #28  
Insane Embellisher

I would ask for the money for the insurance that you paid - back. I paid for priority shipping once on something, and she sent it parcel post, which was like $4 cheaper. I should have had it the next day since it was shipped in Ohio, not far from where I lived. I e-mailed her and demanded a refund because I paid for priority and it wasn't shipped that way.

When you bid on an item and win it, you enter a contract. When you select the type of shipping, the seller is obligated to ship it that way, as that is part of the contract. I understand things like bubble wrap cost money, but then you need to add $2 more to cover the handling. I did get my money back, she was like "you got a good deal on this anyways..." baby clothes - that doesn't mean she could ship it how she wanted and pocket the difference. When I selected priority and paid for it, the contract was for her to ship it that way.

If a seller is doing self-insurance, then they are supposed to state that. Most sellers say "$1.30 insurance for USPS" - meaning you are paying for USPS insurance, not for self-insurance from the seller. Also, insurance from USPS is a flat fee, if a seller does self-insurance, normally it's cheaper and they state it in the details. So if you paid the amount that you normally due, that is also assuming you are getting insurance from USPS.

I don't know what insurance to Australia costs, but even for the small amount, I would ask for it back and if he doesn't comply, report him to eBAy because he didn't hold up his whole end of the contract. If he did it to you, he could be doing it to others. Even though it's a small amount, it's the principal of the matter.

I'm glad you got your package - have fun playing with your stamps!

Vicki Nelson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Ebay Help

EBAY's help section and their "email us with your problem" is a joke, a very big joke!

I've bought and received at least a hundred items from ebay and finally ran across a lousy seller. Most recently stamp sets.

20 days and still waiting for my hodgepodge set. I can't even get the seller to acknowledge that she has shipped the item (she did, however, 8 days ago, print a priority mail label through ebay). I've emailed ebay, I've emailed the seller, finally got the seller's phone number - it's either not answered or the line is busy.

The emails to ebay customer service are answered with computer generated answers which are absolutely NO help. So, my next step, in the process is to lodge a formal complaint with paypal.

Like most people "taken" on ebay, I did not look at feedback on the seller. Most of the negatives were in the last 30 days or so!

DO NOT BUY from "shoppingscrappers" I also noticed that her feedback is "private" so I bet she's got some real bad feedback about her shipping practices.

Some items I've bought that were delayed in shipping, the sellers emailed me to let me know they were delayed. THIS seller is totally mute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

jeninmt2001, sorry to hear that you have a similar thing happening to you also. I always check the sellers feedback first before buying, spesh when it's out of country. The seller had perfect feedback. Don't know why he just didn't tell me the truth, as I would of been fine with it. But if lying to me and taking extra money from me is worth a neg/neutral, then so be it.

I have sold many things on ebay also, and I almost always (depending on situation) will send the parcel as soon as the money shows in my account. I have been jipped by buyers as well so I have felt both ends of it.

Anyway I am now going to just enjoy my stamps and wait for the great arrival of SU in Aussie land!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2006, 01:26 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Tookiepie: I love SU stuff! I've only been stamping since December 2005, but I have an awesome SU demomstrator and she's fast with her delivery.
She also teaches a cardmaking/stamping adult education class once a week that I attend.

I can understand why you are so anxious for SU to come to Australia. Do you have a date when this is going to happen?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2006, 01:47 AM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

apparently it's my autumn, your spring, if I remember rightly. So tis not too far away. I have only been stamping since roughly November 05 and nothing surpasses the SU sets.....they are fantastic value and just great quality.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2006, 02:29 AM   #33  
Rubber Obsessor

It may be spring somewhere but not in Montana, USA! I am one hour south of the Canadian border and I know better than to ever believe the 3rd of February that spring is aroung the corner! haha.

I figure I have a good 2 to 3 months before my gardens and lawn require my attention - 2 to 3 months of being "stuck" inside stamping! ;)

The weather usually breaks here around April 15th, we have a very short growing season here. By September 1, everybody knows they better clear what's left of the veggies in their garden if they want to eat them! Pumpkins don't get very big in northern Montana! We know exactly what the saying "frost on the pumpkin" means!
Reply With Quote Likes