Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #41  
LSN
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslevite
Most photo editing software that I have used will allow you to 'add text' to the image. Use that feature with a clear or transparent background.

If you still want to keep it low-tech, I suppose you could print the information on a piece of vellum to lay over the card or scrapbook layout before you scanned or took the photo.
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to see what I can figure out this weekend.

Linda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #42  
Mad Swapper

There's a free program on www.red-castle.com that you can download that will not only resize your picture for you, but you can add text directly to your picture. Here's the direct link since I can't ever seem to find it from Phil's website...

http://www.red-castle.com/software/fw/resize.htm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:33 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever
Default Imitiation is the Finest Form of Flatery :}

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
I was perusing webshots and found a bunch of my artwork ( along with lots of others....juliehrr, mamakimberly, jennbalcer - just to name a few...) in someone else's webshots gallery. No mention of where she got it from, I know she must have gotten the photos from here because I don't share my stuff anywhere else. I was never asked by this person and it irks me to find my stuff ( and others ) on there without my permission and no credit given either.

just one of my things I found in there...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...63665484OTnZIH

and her webshots gallery....
http://community.webshots.com/user/inkinallnight

I thought I read on the SU! site itself under the stampers showcase that the pictures posted there are for any one to use. Don't they give you directions on how to cut and copy them? Even suggesting you use them to build your gallery on your web page? I bet we may all think it's morally wrong, but I doubt it's infringement or illegal.
I believe it's probably considered a calculated risk we all take when we post anything we've made on any site. There are programs you can purchase to keep others from right clicking on your artwork and copying it directly into their hard drive. Although on SCS you can add anyones artwork to your favorite folder and copy it..
Don't let it bother you, but go ahead and write your name on vellum, place it diagonally across your work before you upload it onto the SCS site...this ought to make people work much harder at copying your artwork. Removing your name from the top or bottom is simple, this way won't be! Also you could PM her and let her know you feel violated....she may not care..but you will feel better! Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:41 AM   #44  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Thanks for the great tips on putting the copyright on! Never thought of using Vellum, but I do have a Photo program so will try that first!
Old 01-27-2006, 08:58 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

i have a photo program on my PC, but just FYI, i've learned to crop, resize, THEN add the text. ;)
i don't always put SU © 1990-2006....mostly just "Created by me", but i suppose i should give the stamp company I use credit?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:58 AM   #46  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by emsmomthestamper
I thought I read on the SU! site itself under the stampers showcase that the pictures posted there are for any one to use. Don't they give you directions on how to cut and copy them? Even suggesting you use them to build your gallery on your web page?

Yes,
which is why I no longer submit anything to SU.

I haven't contacted her yet about mine. Maybe this afternoon. I want to be tackful and kind with my request and right now I'm still a bit angry
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by emsmomthestamper
I thought I read on the SU! site itself under the stampers showcase that the pictures posted there are for any one to use. Don't they give you directions on how to cut and copy them? Even suggesting you use them to build your gallery on your web page? ......
I sure think that's a far cry from what this gal is doing, though. It's one thing to use images from the SU site to put in our SU gallery, if you give proper credit. I mean, I think there are a lot of people who either have no means of uploading or would like images they don't have.

THIS GAL took it way beyond that! SU doesn't encourage people to use the artwork from the demo site and copy it to their own private websites. That's just tacky.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #48  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanon
My bad Sharon. I figured it was the same girl since she was from AZ. Sorry to drag you into this :(
That's okay, Shannon -- we were posting at the same time! I just basically wanted Emily to know it wasn't the same girl that did mine. :smile:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #49  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicygingersnap
Sharon, looks like she's got some of your stuff, too: http://community.webshots.com/photo/...63665484YhDmbX
Dang, I didn't see that -- thanks, Linda!

So yes girls -- that's why it's important to put the copyright information somewhere prominent on your artwork (and why you'll see it on the DD Gallery art). It may be a bit unsightly but this is why you need to do it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #50  
Gallery Gazer

If you have an HP printer/scanner and use the HP Photo and Imaging Director there's a command where you can 'annotate' your scanned image with text. Its super easy. You just type in the copyright info, artist info, hit enter. Then double click on the text box to edit the text to the right size and make it transparent on your card.

Good luck ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 05:56 PM   #51  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Quote:

I was perusing webshots and found a bunch of my artwork ( along with lots of others....juliehrr, mamakimberly, jennbalcer - just to name a few...) in someone else's webshots gallery. No mention of where she got it from, I know she must have gotten the photos from here because I don't share my stuff anywhere else. I was never asked by this person and it irks me to find my stuff ( and others ) on there without my permission and no credit given either.

just one of my things I found in there...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...63665484OTnZIH

and her webshots gallery....
http://community.webshots.com/user/inkinallnight

Just had to say that I love that card you linked at the top! I had never heard of webshots before. It is neat how fast you can click through the photos, but I agree they should be her own photos.
I had also wondered why people put up the copyright. It definitely sounds like the answer to the problem. Who knows who else has a site out there that you didn't happen to find.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 06:51 PM   #52  
Desmond's Darlin'

Well! Funny that someone would try to attract customers w/ art she can not do herself...the whole point of having a website is to show off what you can teach your customers...isn't it?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 07:08 PM   #53  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
I sure think that's a far cry from what this gal is doing, though. It's one thing to use images from the SU site to put in our SU gallery, if you give proper credit. I mean, I think there are a lot of people who either have no means of uploading or would like images they don't have.

THIS GAL took it way beyond that! SU doesn't encourage people to use the artwork from the demo site and copy it to their own private websites. That's just tacky.
Betsy,

When I've talked with some execs from SU that is exactly why they have the artwork on Stamper's Showcase. They have said that this is so you can put it on your personal SU website. So, I guess for those who don't want them copied and pasted they should not send them in like Michelle said. I am one who does use the ones from Stamper's Showcase on my personal website. When you have hundreds of customers and need to update weekly it is so easy to do what they suggested to us. I would never copy from SCS and put on my website but I don't mind using the tools SU has provided.

Another note that might not want to be heard is that we should all be kind. I believe that this lady is a member of SCS and obviously does not know what she was doing was frowned upon. She does now and I hope it doesn't ruin her day. Just think how you would feel if you opened up a thread that was all about you. I think personal e-mails would have been more appropriate.

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 07:21 PM   #54  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Um....the stuff of mine that she had on her site WAS NOT ON STAMPERS SHOWCASE! Regardless of how I think that is jacked up for SU to let people do that (why you would want someone else's work on your website I DO NOT KNOW!), but the stuff she had was not stuff I had sent to SU at all. I have only ever had 2 cards on stampers showcase and neither of those were on her site.

Sorry, just had to clarify that. I already uploaded a card since and you can see I just put the copyright info right on the card, not under or above where it can be cropped off. I did it in the photoimpression program that came with my scanner. I probably need to make it a tiny bit bigger next time, but that's ok. Even used SU's font for it too!

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 07:29 PM   #55  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Laycock
She's got one of mine too. And it's a Dirty Dozen gallery card.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...63665484zkDKpe

I'm going to sleep on this and email her in the morning.

I was reading this thread and well am a bit bewildered... first I am not saying that this person had a right to put "your" images on her personal website... however I did view the particular one mentioned above and in very small print on the bottom of the pic it says "copyright stampin up....stamped by Michelle Laycock" So she has give credit where credit is due. Whether you need a magnifiy glass to read it or not. The credit is there. My second concern is this... we all upload "our" creations on to SCS to SHARE with everyone that logs on to see them. So in that case you are allowing people to "Copy or Case" your artwork. I have many times taken an inspiration from the 1000's of cards in the galleries and sent them off to friends. If I was to put case'd on them those people whould be like what on earth does this mean. So I stamp the back with a hand stamped stamp, initial it and send it off. After all I did hand stamp it... So am I now doing the same that you are all up in arms about? If so then I guess SCS should be putting some sort of block on the photo's.
I speak this as a professional photographer and take all means to protect my photographs, but my cards... heck I placed them on this site for all to view and it they wanted to copy them... be my guest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 07:38 PM   #56  
Gabfest Goddess

Emily,

I know that yours were not taken from the SU website. I was just clarifying that I do take them from the SU website and put them on my website. I'm sorry if you think that is horrible of me but I am following the advice I was given from Stampin' Up! When demos send in their artwork it is there to share. I know we've been through this on threads. But........ I also don't think that putting this persons name out in public will help solve a problem either. It looks like we are all throwing rocks at her when she didn't even get a chance to defend herself. Sorry if I don't agree with you all but I believe in a trial before pronounced guilty.

Edited to add: Let the throwing at me begin.
Robyn

My Gallery

Last edited by robynstamps; 01-27-2006 at 07:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 07:42 PM   #57  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen2972
I was reading this thread and well am a bit bewildered... first I am not saying that this person had a right to put "your" images on her personal website... however I did view the particular one mentioned above and in very small print on the bottom of the pic it says "copyright stampin up....stamped by Michelle Laycock" So she has give credit where credit is due. Whether you need a magnifiy glass to read it or not. The credit is there.
The card in question was taken from a private gallery. Not a public one. I do not think a DD card should be cut and pasted onto a public forum.

I think that the above posters suggestion to just link the SCS gallery is a fabulous idea instead of cutting and pasting. Cut and paste really is like stealing IMHO. I am sorry that happened to you all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 07:52 PM   #58  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
Emily,

I know that yours were not taken from the SU website. I was just clarifying that I do take them from the SU website and put them on my website. I'm sorry if you think that is horrible of me but I am following the advice I was given from Stampin' Up! When demos send in their artwork it is there to share. I know we've been through this on threads. But........ I also don't think that putting this persons name out in public will help solve a problem either. It looks like we are all throwing rocks at her when she didn't even get a chance to defend herself. Sorry if I don't agree with you all but I believe in a trial before pronounced guilty.

Edited to add: Let the throwing at me begin.
Robyn
I wasn't responding to you about mine being taken from SU. That was to emsmomthestamper. I don't care if you take them from SU, they said it was ok and that's the risk we take by sending them there. I don't have a problem with you taking them from there, that's your choice. I just said I don't know why you would want other people's stuff on your site. That's just my opinion, I wasn't saying you were wrong.

I have spoken to her and I have stated several times in this thread that she agreed to take them off her site. That's all I asked. Now I'll wait a while and see if she does or not. That's when I'll decide if I am going to get angry or not. I haven't slandered her at all here and I was polite in my pm'd to her.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #59  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

I was reading this thread and well am a bit bewildered... first I am not saying that this person had a right to put "your" images on her personal website... however I did view the particular one mentioned above and in very small print on the bottom of the pic it says "copyright stampin up....stamped by Michelle Laycock" So she has give credit where credit is due. Whether you need a magnifiy glass to read it or not. The credit is there. My second concern is this... we all upload "our" creations on to SCS to SHARE with everyone that logs on to see them. So in that case you are allowing people to "Copy or Case" your artwork. I have many times taken an inspiration from the 1000's of cards in the galleries and sent them off to friends. If I was to put case'd on them those people whould be like what on earth does this mean. So I stamp the back with a hand stamped stamp, initial it and send it off. After all I did hand stamp it... So am I now doing the same that you are all up in arms about? If so then I guess SCS should be putting some sort of block on the photo's.
I speak this as a professional photographer and take all means to protect my photographs, but my cards... heck I placed them on this site for all to view and it they wanted to copy them... be my guest.
The card of mine that she used was specifically made and posted to the SCS Dirty Dozen gallery.

I don't make the rules on SCS. Daven does. The SCS DD gallery is specifically for member of the DD. Any artwork posted there cannot be copied or posted elsewhere without Daven's permission. When my Z Becky Brown purse was published in my local newspaper, I asked Daven permission to publish those images elsewhere before the story was published.

JulieHRR has a link to the Dirty Dozen TOS:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

There is also a link to CASE'ing here:

If anyone does not feel they can follow the rules, then they should not be a DD fan club member.

Quote:

we all upload "our" creations on to SCS to SHARE with everyone that logs on to see them. So in that case you are allowing people to "Copy or Case" your artwork.
And just because my name is printed on the bottom and she left it on does not give her permission to copy and post it on her website. She must ask me first. I'm sharing my work, that doesn't automatically allow anyone to copy it to their own websites.

I'm a librarian and I know copyright law. I handle administering reprint permissions on a daily basis for a print publication. I also organize editorial content for the company web site.
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod

Last edited by Michelle Laycock; 01-27-2006 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:03 PM   #60  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by jm_donahoe
The card in question was taken from a private gallery. Not a public one. I do not think a DD card should be cut and pasted onto a public forum.
I think that the above posters suggestion to just link the SCS gallery is a fabulous idea instead of cutting and pasting. Cut and paste really is like stealing IMHO. I am sorry that happened to you all.
There is a sticky in the DD forum. This is against the TOS. We aren't allowed to show DD galery images outside of that gallery. It's not fair to those of us who pay to support this wonderful site to see them just posted elsewhere.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:05 PM   #61  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

The card of mine that she used was specifically made and posted to the SCS Dirty Dozen gallery.

I don't make the rules on SCS. Daven does. The SCS DD gallery is specifically for member of the DD. Any artwork posted there cannot be copied or posted elsewhere without Daven's permission. When my Z Becky Brown purse was published in my local newspaper, I asked Daven permission to publish those images elsewhere before the story was published.

JulieHRR has a link to the Dirty Dozen TOS:

There is also a link to CASE'ing here:

If anyone does not feel they can follow the rules, then they should not be a DD fan club member.

And just because my name is printed on the bottom and she left it on does not give her permission to copy and post it on her website. She must ask me first.

I'm a librarian and I know copyright law. I handle administering reprint permissions on a daily basis for a print publication.
LOL you posted this as I was writing. You did it in more detail than I ever could! Thanks for sharing this info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:16 PM   #62  
Gabfest Goddess

Yes, I agree that your post about privately discussing it with her was not slander. I guess I was referring to all the angry posts responding and even saying mean things about her. That is really uncalled for.

I guess my need to copy from the SU website is clearly because I am not talented in the creative part of SU. The business part has been more of a blessing. Now, that I am more of a hobbyist I will have time to create for myself. I'm sure I'll see things in a whole new light.

Thanks,
Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:21 PM   #63  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I was reading this thread and well am a bit bewildered... first I am not saying that this person had a right to put "your" images on her personal website... however I did view the particular one mentioned above and in very small print on the bottom of the pic it says "copyright stampin up....stamped by Michelle Laycock" So she has give credit where credit is due. Whether you need a magnifiy glass to read it or not. The credit is there.
Actually, if you look to the right of the faithtrusthope card, you will see (in large print) faithtrusthope BY inkinallnight. So, this person is actually trying to take credit for Michelle's card (even though Michelle's copyright is still at the bottom of the card.) I find it ironic that the card is entitled "faithtrusthope" considering the issue at hand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:25 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

just some random thoughts here.....but isn't it the rule of thumb that the art on stampers showcase is for a demo's SU site??? you know the one you pay for thru SU!???
webshots is NOT a SU! demo website....it is a personal photo gallery, webshots is not affiliated with SU!
so if she used the images on her SU! site it would be different than her personal site kwim??
another thought, when you post a card and someone CASE's it, it is NOT the same as right clicking a photo of someone elses card and saving said photo as your own. CASEing is when you create your own version of said card, either exactly or inspired by, but it is not taking the photo of another artists work and laying claim to it.
Like I said just my own random thoughts

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #65  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by fool4scrapping
There is a sticky in the DD forum. This is against the TOS. We aren't allowed to show DD galery images outside of that gallery. It's not fair to those of us who pay to support this wonderful site to see them just posted elsewhere.....
Yes. Exactly my point too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #66  
Crimping Master

Not quoting anyone in particular, but several have asked why you would want to have pictures of work you didn't do & commented about wouldn't you want to show your customers the work YOU could show them how to make. I'm not a demo, and will likely never have my own web space anywhere except my little ol' gallery here, but I can see the reason for wanting to show stuff that you didn't make. If I could only show them examples of work *I* could invent, I probably wouldn't have any customers! I'm sure there would be a few that I could show something new to, but the majority of the people I suck into (er, um, invite to....) stamping end up being way more creative than I probably ever will be.

That being said, if I wanted my website to have any reason for existing, I would HAVE to have better examples than my own (and I'm sure many of them I could re-make or case...I'm not inept, just not creative on my own!), but would ask permission or at the very least (like on here when I've case'd something) give credit to the original designer.

I'm sure that the heads-up that she received about people's unhappiness will be sufficient to get her to make reparations.

Leslie (who doesn't even have to look to see if any of MINE are on her site!)
Click here for the scoop!
My itty bitty GALLERY. Comment, please!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:43 PM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Betsy,

When I've talked with some execs from SU that is exactly why they have the artwork on Stamper's Showcase. They have said that this is so you can put it on your personal SU website. So, I guess for those who don't want them copied and pasted they should not send them in like Michelle said. I am one who does use the ones from Stamper's Showcase on my personal website. When you have hundreds of customers and need to update weekly it is so easy to do what they suggested to us. I would never copy from SCS and put on my website but I don't mind using the tools SU has provided. .........Robyn
Robyn, I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I meant in that remark. I don't have any problem with people using the artwork from the SU worksite on their own demo sites. As you said, and I agree totally, SU encourages it and I think it's fine. As I said, there are lots of people who might need to do that because they have no means of uploading themselves, or they don't have a particular set they want an example of, etc. That's totally fine.

It was just the idea of them being taken outside of the demo website and posted on a private website with, in many cases, no indication of who created them. You are right though, that an avalanche of harsh words is unkind, and I apologize.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 08:53 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I don't have any problem with people using the artwork from the SU worksite on their own demo sites. As you said, and I agree totally, SU encourages it and I think it's fine. As I said, there are lots of people who might need to do that because they have no means of uploading themselves, or they don't have a particular set they want an example of, etc. That's totally fine.

It was just the idea of them being taken outside of the demo website and posted on a private website with, in many cases, no indication of who created them.

this is what I was trying to say earlier...very well said Betsy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #69  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Robyn, I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I meant in that remark. I don't have any problem with people using the artwork from the SU worksite on their own demo sites. As you said, and I agree totally, SU encourages it and I think it's fine. As I said, there are lots of people who might need to do that because they have no means of uploading themselves, or they don't have a particular set they want an example of, etc. That's totally fine.

It was just the idea of them being taken outside of the demo website and posted on a private website with, in many cases, no indication of who created them. You are right though, that an avalanche of harsh words is unkind, and I apologize.
Gotcha! ;) And I agree. I kind of misunderstood your post. It's funny how when we can't hear how someone says something we sometimes do not know what they mean. Thanks for clarifying. Yes, I agree with all you said here. My biggest concern is that this person is getting verbally mistreated and has no say in the matter. This could have been done completely privately and the question could still have been posted without everyone running to the link and pointing fingers. I knew a lot of people on her site, too. One in particular is a top demo who has served on the AB 2 times. I'm assuming she is part of her Upline. She comes from a good "family" but probably did not realize her error. :???:

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #70  
Mad Swapper

Default DD Gallery/DD Alumni

Quote:

The card of mine that she used was specifically made and posted to the SCS Dirty Dozen gallery."

"...I'm sharing my work, that doesn't automatically allow anyone to copy it to their own websites.

I'm a librarian and I know copyright law. I handle administering reprint permissions on a daily basis for a print publication. I also organize editorial content for the company web site.
Ms. Shelley,
I "forgot" you had a regular job, since you are an artist. Was that in your DD Learn more about...?

My question (not related to the gal in AZ) is - when one becomes a DD and then becomes a DD alumni - what changes, in terms of viewing galleries. Are the creations made during your tenure only in the DD gallery? i signed up, on my first visit, for the fan club after only fifteen minutes in awe of the site and the curiosity about the Dirty Dozen gallery. For me, it is not a matter of I paid, but rather in support of the site and for the privilege to view the gallery and the great instructions. The fact that you all have given of yourselves in that way to support what we all benefit from is truly something.

That being said, I appreciate everyone's sharing of their individual galleries and someday, hope to learn to upload and give back as well...whether it is to be CASED (sigh) or to have another newbie say, "I can do that!"

I know I have at least one - of each SCS sisters above, uploaded in my favorites. I wonder what the limit is?

Bless you all!

Last edited by twinks; 01-27-2006 at 10:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2006, 02:49 AM   #71  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

when one becomes a DD and then becomes a DD alumni - what changes, in terms of viewing galleries. Are the creations made during your tenure only in the DD gallery?
Yep, Once it's uploaded to the DD gallery it remains a DD creation and will stay there. Regardless if the artist is Alumni or current.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:39 AM   #72  
Mad Swapper

Thanks Trudee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2006, 05:45 AM   #73  
The Digi-Freak

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorinda
CASEing is when you create your own version of said card, either exactly or inspired by, but it is not taking the photo of another artists work and laying claim to it.
Like I said just my own random thoughts
Ditto that Jack!

Seriously, I don't mind, in fact, I'm flattered to pieces, when someone copies an idea I use. But that's not copying to right click and save and upload on your site.... that's just stealing! Take the time to make it yourself, Jack!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2006, 07:47 AM   #74  
Gallery Gazer

Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts

Quote:

Sorry, just had to clarify that. I already uploaded a card since and you can see I just put the copyright info right on the card, not under or above where it can be cropped off. I did it in the photoimpression program that came with my scanner. I probably need to make it a tiny bit bigger next time, but that's ok. Even used SU's font for it too!

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Hey Emily, leave the size you have it, perfect, obviously there, without taking away from that beautiful card ( and the zillions of lovely ones to follow)
Old 01-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #75  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Yes, I agree that your post about privately discussing it with her was not slander. I guess I was referring to all the angry posts responding and even saying mean things about her. That is really uncalled for.

I guess my need to copy from the SU website is clearly because I am not talented in the creative part of SU. The business part has been more of a blessing. Now, that I am more of a hobbyist I will have time to create for myself. I'm sure I'll see things in a whole new light.

Thanks,
Robyn

I can totally understand that Robyn....that's why I have no customers and my up up upline has me do displays for her. She doesn't have time and I do!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #76  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Gotcha! ;) And I agree. I kind of misunderstood your post. It's funny how when we can't hear how someone says something we sometimes do not know what they mean. Thanks for clarifying. Yes, I agree with all you said here. My biggest concern is that this person is getting verbally mistreated and has no say in the matter. This could have been done completely privately and the question could still have been posted without everyone running to the link and pointing fingers. I knew a lot of people on her site, too. One in particular is a top demo who has served on the AB 2 times. I'm assuming she is part of her Upline. She comes from a good "family" but probably did not realize her error. :???:

Robyn
Also, I did handle my correspondence with her and cleared up the matter privately. However, I posted here in order to find her and thanks to you knowledgeable ladies, I was able to do that. She has removed the images I requested from her site already. I disagree with being able to remove the images from this site in the first place, if you like something, make one just like it! I don't agree with being able to right click and take images, but I'm not in charge and I love it here so I'll just do what I can to make it work for me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2006, 10:59 AM   #77  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I can totally understand that Robyn....that's why I have no customers and my up up upline has me do displays for her. She doesn't have time and I do!
That's what I'm leaning towards more and more every day!! I know Mimi very well and she is so lucky to have someone as talented as you making samples for her. She is such a sweetie pie!!!

All right. Moving on!! I hope somebody someday will want to CASE me!! But not illegally. I did have an experience one year where I made this really cute snowflake card for our Founder's swap and a few weeks after I had some top demos call to ask how I did it and if they could do it at their meeting. That was the bestest feeling. Once in a lifetime for me, though!!

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2006, 01:27 PM   #78  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinChrissylea
If you have an HP printer/scanner and use the HP Photo and Imaging Director there's a command where you can 'annotate' your scanned image with text. Its super easy. You just type in the copyright info, artist info, hit enter. Then double click on the text box to edit the text to the right size and make it transparent on your card.

Good luck ladies.

OK, so I have the HP program and I figured out how to place the text and the background but how do I type a copyright symbol? Thanks!

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2006, 02:43 PM   #79  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessrose21
OK, so I have the HP program and I figured out how to place the text and the background but how do I type a copyright symbol? Thanks!
Not all software will recognize these keystrokes, but you can try -- they're the most common:

(C) will often do it, or Alt+0169 (and that's a ZERO, not an "o"), or use the word COPYRIGHT.
Illustrator: Whipper Snapper Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #80  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By the way, you will probably have trouble using Webshot's REPORT A VIOLATION link. I can't get any of them to work.

Here is what WebShots says to do:

http://community.webshots.com/html/violation.htm

Also, I noticed she has some scrapbook pages posted as well, which have some photos of children. If you recognize one of those layouts and faces as your own, inform Webshots immediately if you want it removed. No one has the right to publish the photograph of another person (especially a child!) without a tightly written contract.
Illustrator: Whipper Snapper Designs

Last edited by SweetMissDaisy; 01-28-2006 at 02:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes