Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-28-2005, 06:19 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is something wrong with my post?

I posted below looking for helpful ideas for doing my first "stamp camp."
As you can tell, I can be chatty & my post got kind of long. :(

I'm so excited about trying to organize a stamp get-together to make cards for our troops and veterans; but I'm sad that no one responded. Did I do something wrong?

I've never done any kind of stamp camp before, so I just need advice.

Thanks,
Nicole

sorry, I don't know how to link to the other thread, but you might not want to read it all anyway :(

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2005, 06:51 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL, no, you just gotta remember that on Sundays it can be quiet. I guess the first thing I'd do is go to www.stampinup.com and check the demo locator. See if you can contact a demo who'd be willing to work with you. Maybe the two of you can come up with a plan. Like, ask everybody to contribute $5 each or something to go in together and get all the supplies.

Your demo can help you create a couple of projects so that you use maybe 2 or 3 different stamp sets in a variety of ways. That would cut down on the need to buy lots of stamp sets, especially if you have some of your own to use as well.

So you'd plan the projects, purchase the supplies, divvy up what should be a minimal cost, and everybody'd be happy. Maybe the demo would be willing to forego her commission (not a lot, it's only 20%) but for a good cause....?

OTHERWISE, see if you can find a local stamp/scrapping store that might let you use their classroom area? Then you and your friends can bring your own stamps, maybe just buying the materials from the store.

That's about the extent of my ideas, sorry! Nice thing you're trying to pull together. I wish you luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2005, 06:56 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Thanks Betsy!
I could hug you! I know 2 demos.... I'll get in touch with them tomorrow!
You have really great ideas! I appreciate your help (& the reminder about Sun night, I didn't realize that)
HUGS!!!
You're sweet God Bless You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2005, 06:57 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

Wink

I think tonight everyone is glued to the tv....watching the Katrina info.
As for a stamp camp...they're great fun. I usually set up stations and type out instructions. As people are going around to each station I help them out if they have any questions. I am going to do a Christmas camp in September. Hopefully this will generate sales and give people enough time to create and mail their masterpieces. Good luck and remember we all love you...just glued to the weather network!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2005, 07:06 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Default :) Thanks Kristie

That's what I get for not watching tv lately.

Everyone here is so sweet!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2005, 02:28 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Exclamation

Nics, I know this post is old, but I wanted to say I hope your stamp camp turned out! ANd I think it's so wonderful and very patriotic of you!

These guys really need to know that we care. I was stationed overseas for 7 years at Ramstein. Many of these guys go to Landstuhl Army hospital before coming to the states for extended care.

You may want to consider sending cards to the Fisher Houses. They have 2 on Landstuhl Army post. The Fisher House offers very low cost rooms to families who have loved ones in the regional hospital. It could be many patients from Iraq or all over. Fisher House is an awesome place and host many families who otherwise could not afford to come and be with their loved ones while they were getting medical treatment at the hospital next door.

If I was still stationed there, I'd help you out. Maybe someone else can!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2005, 03:31 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Sorry no one answered, that happens some times. I haven't been a member for that long and I have see this question a few times alread, maybe you could try a search and see what comes up.

You can also "bump", it took me a while to figure that out what that meant when I saw it in a thread. You can go back into your thread, respond and type in bump, which will bump it to the top of new posts, so anyone checking in will see it.

As for the advice you originally asked for....I have held a few stamp camps and am learning as I go, here are a few simple suggestions:
* a practice nite with a few close friends to see how it goes.
* precutting everything putting them in little packets works well
*set up stations with a sample, the packets, and all of the tools they need to make the project, the stampers can move from station to station.
*plan the projects so there are as few shared tools as possible.

hope this helps - good luck!!

edit note - i never looked at the original date - hope it went well, do you have any tips based on your experiance?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2005, 04:44 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapmo
Sorry no one answered, that happens some times. I haven't been a member for that long and I have see this question a few times alread, maybe you could try a search and see what comes up.

You can also "bump", it took me a while to figure that out what that meant when I saw it in a thread. You can go back into your thread, respond and type in bump, which will bump it to the top of new posts, so anyone checking in will see it.
Just so you know, what you type in doesn't matter, as ANY new post to a thread will push it back to the top of the list. People just say "bump" because you can't submit an empty post.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes