Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-24-2007, 07:58 AM   #201  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandi*S
THANK YOU! You read my mind!
Well I guess you didn't read my mind :oops: , since you posted this 6 months ago! :shock:

But hey! Great minds think alike !!! :razz: I know, I'm such a Pollyannna!:rolleyes:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2007, 08:51 AM   #202  
Montague Mingler

Oh, thanks so much for posting this! I seem to have the hardest time finding a card on some of the blogs (with no offense directed at the bloggers) and a beautiful card with no recipe makes me really sad. :-(

My family coat of arms ties at the back... is that normal?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #203  
Rubber Obsessor

I COMPLETELY agree!!! I mean, I will go to look at a card, fall in love with it, scroll down, and see no description. I absolutely LOVE this site, and check on new cards daily. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give the formulas to your amazing cards!!!

<333.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #204  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O'm'gosh!! I didn't even think of this!! I naturally assumed that everyone does the same thing that I do.

I find a picture and just wing it!

It makes loads of sense though to provide that kind of useful information!

I will definately keep that in mind the next time I upload a photo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #205  
Compulsive Stamper

I think too many people upload cards with NO instructions and I it would nice to know what they did..please put info!!!

-anonymous-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2007, 08:17 PM   #206  
Rubber Obsessor

I love it! I have wished someone would say something as I hate having to look up everything when they could have just filled it in! THANKYOU JULIE !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #207  
Matboard Maniac

thanks so much Julie for bringing this to everyone's attention. I too, love to see the recipes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2007, 07:43 AM   #208  
Matboard Maniac

Question: I found a really neat folded accordian book that comes with a box. I would like to upload my take on this project - but it is quite involved, and I would have just uploaded and put the link to the project in the description. Trouble is - it is a weekly program, and there is the issue of advertising etc. There is a lot of folding, and watching the video helps a person understand the folding. What is the best way to do this? Thanks for your answers.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2007, 12:50 PM   #209  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJ
I am actually getting tired of almost all links to blogs under the gallery photos. Even if they're not selling anything, I find most blogs to be very self congratulatory.
One exception: I checked out krabearcub's blog today. He gives so many details about how he created the projects.... not just the steps that went into the final piece, but his thoughts on what might be included and the decisions on items to be left out or added. His writing is much more helpful than any I have seen before.
Why is self congratulatory bad? I wouldn't want to read a blog that is self-deprecating or ranting. Hmmm... Mine is probably pretty self-congratulatory, especially since my last post was titled "Tootin' my own horn" (because someone linked to my blog and it was exciting for me personally). So, don't read mine either.

Anyhow, I'm coming into this pretty late in the ballgame and I admittedly haven't read all of the posts, but the general feeling I'm getting is that there is some tension between bloggers and SCS. And, frankly, I don't get it. (I get the whole recipe issue - I always try to fill in the recipe categories when I post a pic, despite the fact that for some categories? I don't have the option.) But I'm certainly sensing some hostility towards bloggers that, for the most part, imnsho, is completely unjustified.

Personally, I don't see the problem with a simple link or even self-promotion (blog candy, etc.). I don't get anything from having visitors to my blog. Any blog candy from me is usually something I spend my own time and money making and shipping (I'm not a professional crafter, I have a day job for pete's sake). And if people don't want to look at a blog, no one is forcing them to click the link.

If the concern is over the self-promotion of professional crafters -- and thus, the products that they promote, often by giving them away -- then that might be another issue and maybe folks need to make a distinction between: 1) a person whose blog is "professional" and 2) a person who may have some toes dangling in the craft industry (like the humble SU demo), but whose ultimate success is not going to be made by giving away a handmade card. I know, I know, it's not that cut-and-dried. There are probably demos trying to use their blogs to get a leg up and build an empire. But, whatever. Is it really worth this many pages of ranting and defense?

I don't know. Maybe I'm in a cranky mood myself, and I can't get my head wrapped around it, but after reading a couple pages of posts, I don't even want to post my cards on SCS anymore, and I'm starting to regret linking to SCS from my blog. Which is a shame, because I really think SCS is a great resource and I've always directed my clients, downline, and friends here. (And it seems that an open relationship between bloggers and SCS would be a win-win situation for both.) But in the last year, there has been an usually high amount of vitriol in the forums. I usually ignore it altogether -- it's not worth my time -- but after reading this thread, I'm kind of bummed out.

The crazy thing is that I actually was browsing through SCS today wondering if I should post something about my first-ever blog candy (I'm a newbie to the blogosphere). So glad I found this sticky and avoided the potential flames I'm guessing I would have gotten.

I'm going to crawl back into my blog hole for now, and stick to the gallery and project pages. It's getting scary in the forums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #210  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 248 Likes on 132 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuziqu
Question: I found a really neat folded accordian book that comes with a box. I would like to upload my take on this project - but it is quite involved, and I would have just uploaded and put the link to the project in the description. Trouble is - it is a weekly program, and there is the issue of advertising etc. There is a lot of folding, and watching the video helps a person understand the folding. What is the best way to do this? Thanks for your answers.
Zuziqu,
It sounds as though this program would be in violation of the TOS. But, if you will email it to me at [email protected] , I'll be happy to discuss the format/contents with the rest of the moderators for a unified opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #211  
Stampin' Fool

Okay, I know that the flip/flop cards have been around for awhile, but I am trying to find out how to make one. Would it be possible for someone to PM me with the details of how to contruct one of these cards. I will be teaching a class about cards in motion would like to share this idea with others in my class. Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #212  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradostampin
Why is self congratulatory bad? I wouldn't want to read a blog that is self-deprecating or ranting. Hmmm... Mine is probably pretty self-congratulatory, especially since my last post was titled "Tootin' my own horn" (because someone linked to my blog and it was exciting for me personally). So, don't read mine either.

Anyhow, I'm coming into this pretty late in the ballgame and I admittedly haven't read all of the posts, but the general feeling I'm getting is that there is some tension between bloggers and SCS. And, frankly, I don't get it. (I get the whole recipe issue - I always try to fill in the recipe categories when I post a pic, despite the fact that for some categories? I don't have the option.) But I'm certainly sensing some hostility towards bloggers that, for the most part, imnsho, is completely unjustified.

Personally, I don't see the problem with a simple link or even self-promotion (blog candy, etc.). I don't get anything from having visitors to my blog. Any blog candy from me is usually something I spend my own time and money making and shipping (I'm not a professional crafter, I have a day job for pete's sake). And if people don't want to look at a blog, no one is forcing them to click the link.

If the concern is over the self-promotion of professional crafters -- and thus, the products that they promote, often by giving them away -- then that might be another issue and maybe folks need to make a distinction between: 1) a person whose blog is "professional" and 2) a person who may have some toes dangling in the craft industry (like the humble SU demo), but whose ultimate success is not going to be made by giving away a handmade card. I know, I know, it's not that cut-and-dried. There are probably demos trying to use their blogs to get a leg up and build an empire. But, whatever. Is it really worth this many pages of ranting and defense?

I don't know. Maybe I'm in a cranky mood myself, and I can't get my head wrapped around it, but after reading a couple pages of posts, I don't even want to post my cards on SCS anymore, and I'm starting to regret linking to SCS from my blog. Which is a shame, because I really think SCS is a great resource and I've always directed my clients, downline, and friends here. (And it seems that an open relationship between bloggers and SCS would be a win-win situation for both.) But in the last year, there has been an usually high amount of vitriol in the forums. I usually ignore it altogether -- it's not worth my time -- but after reading this thread, I'm kind of bummed out.

The crazy thing is that I actually was browsing through SCS today wondering if I should post something about my first-ever blog candy (I'm a newbie to the blogosphere). So glad I found this sticky and avoided the potential flames I'm guessing I would have gotten.

I'm going to crawl back into my blog hole for now, and stick to the gallery and project pages. It's getting scary in the forums.
Shannon - as a Moderator I'm really sorry you are finding the forums scary. I realize we do have some heated discussions from time to time, but I honestly do not think there is any tension between bloggers and SCS (I have a blog and I know lots of bloggers). This thread was started many months ago to ask people to include recipe info if they are also going to provide a blog link in the gallery. Lots of people have chimed in with opinions on the issue, which is fine. We're a community with lots of varying opinions. If something I am doing is annoying a lot of people or viewed as rude I'd like to know about it. I may choose to agree or disagree with the reasoning, but I'd hate to think I was being perceived as rude by a large group of people for something I was totally unaware of, KWIM?

I won't go back and try to summarize or re-hash pages and pages of posts, but here is something Daven (Da Man) posted on another thread awhile back regarding blog candy and promotional posts in the forums (it's not exactly the same issue as the gallery stuff, but it is related and applies I think):

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers
this is a hard one, and admittedly difficult to administer in a way that everyone considers fair. and I certainly won't say that it's always been administered evenly, because I'm sure it hasn't.

it's kind of like the signatures issue. if we didn't try to restrict it in some way, signatures would be full of animation, blinkie stuff, huge graphics, countdown timers, you've probably seen similar on other sites. at some point it's just too much. the difficulty is in drawing a line somewhere. is 12 pt. text okay, but 13 pt. not okay? is a 3 line signature okay, but 4 lines not okay?

promotional postings are very similar, in that just about any enthusiastic recommendation can be construed by someone as "promotional". we've tried to spell out some of this in the terms of service, you can find the link in the page footer.

there are some key distinctions. if I'm hanging around in the forums and I wanna post and say "I got a great deal at Michael's today!" well, there's nothing wrong with that. if I'm an employee of Michaels and I say "come on over to Michaels" that's a problem.

why? why do we need these dumb rules? it's the slippery slope thing again, and also perceived fairness. if we don't try to enforce it the promotional stuff increases and increases, people just can't help themselves. if there were 10 people here, it wouldn't be a problem. but when you can post something and 1000 people will read it in an afternoon, people want to plug their stuff. the temptation of the microphone. so yeah, at one point it wasn't a big deal, but it's a bigger deal nowadays. along with that we have to try and be fair and apply the same rules across the board.
Emphasis added by me since I see that part as one of the biggest reasons we don't allow any promotional blog posts (blog candy etc.) whether there is actual personal gain or not. Eventually the forums would be over run with them. It's nothing against bloggers at all and I really hope you won't take this stuff personally or stop uploading your creations. Happy blogging! It's really fun!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2007, 10:48 PM   #213  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUTstamper
Okay, I know that the flip/flop cards have been around for awhile, but I am trying to find out how to make one. Would it be possible for someone to PM me with the details of how to contruct one of these cards. I will be teaching a class about cards in motion would like to share this idea with others in my class. Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

[email protected]
I'm not sure I know what a flip flop card is, but you might check the resources section here or post your question in the Demo Forum (if you are a SU Demo) or in the General Stamping Forum. I'm sure someone there will be able to help you.

Also - just an FYI - it's not a good idea to post your e-mail address in a forum ost like this as it can open you up to spam. I learned that from some helpful ladies here at SCS and try to pass on the info.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2007, 05:56 AM   #214  
Forum Fanatic

Just thought I'd mention that, as a person who is in the habit of leaving comments specifically on cards with few (0-2) comments, for the past few months at least I've been noticing that a good chunk of them have no recipe info included. Looks like SCSrs are letting their fingers do the talking; folks who find the silence deafening might want to reconsider if they aren't including any info at all in their gallery.

I'm still confused as to what is within the TOS wrt blogs, as there have been threads on the stamping forums with titles and content along the lines of "I've got this new thing on my blog" that could be seen as promotional, and yet didn't receive any visible action from the moderators.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2007, 04:16 AM   #215  

Has anyone ever asked... is it appropriate or not if you notice a card with no "recipe" at all to just post a link to this thread with a gentle comment? "Your card is beautiful. I, and perhaps others might be interested in knowing what products, etc. you used here, but don't have time to view your blog. Please check out this thread." Is that OK, or not?

I know not what this day holds....but I know Who holds the day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2007, 04:12 AM   #216  
Stampin' Fool

This still seems to be a problem and I hope more people will adhere to your suggestions. It is very frustrating to see a beautiful card and have no clue as to the colors used, etc. Espescially since so many scanners seems to distort the colors. Thanks for your efforts to help us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2007, 07:17 AM   #217  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampertammy
Has anyone ever asked... is it appropriate or not if you notice a card with no "recipe" at all to just post a link to this thread with a gentle comment? "Your card is beautiful. I, and perhaps others might be interested in knowing what products, etc. you used here, but don't have time to view your blog. Please check out this thread." Is that OK, or not?
Hey, Tammy! :grin:

I think as long as the above is stated in a courteous, friendly manner, just as you did, it helps get the word out to folks who may be completely unaware, because they don't visit the forums.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2007, 10:40 AM   #218  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks so much for this thread! I've often felt a twinge of "ah rats!" when I saw a great card only to scroll down and see no information about it! Recipes, formulas, etc. are SO appreciated!

Thanks Moderators for all you do!
Rhonda

Come Visit Me At ... A Work In Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #219  
Polyshrink Goddess

I will confess that I have never uploaded any of my cards, I just haven't found the confidence yet, but I love this site and try and share my gratitude with everyone that does. I have noticed lately that more and more cards are uploaded with no information added. I have decided that since I get SO MUCH INFORMATION from this site that I need to post more "cudo's" to the great people that are sharing their ideas. I was overlooking the fact that no info was added on some of the ones that I really fell in love with, but I have decided that if they can't share the information about their cards, I am not going to post a reply. Unfortunately, some of them are beautiful and should be acknowledged, but this topic has been addressed before and they were asked to please share the information and they arn't, so I am refusing to post from now on. I hope that this isn't taken the wrong way, I love SCS and don't think I could get through a day without checking in, getting new ideas, sharing happy times, sad times and general friendship, but it is disappointing to see something that really catches your eye only to find out that no information is posted. OK, off my soapbox, going to stamp!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:59 AM   #220  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile I just finally created my signature.

It will probably be a bit before I dare to upload some things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #221  
Mad Swapper

I refuse to go to the 'blogs'. Don't get me wrong.....I like to read 'blogs', but on my time.
When I look at or case cards on SCS I want to stay on SCS - I don't want to be moving around.
I appreciate every card posted......I'm going to take Waldsb's soapbox!! I'll only 'cudo' the full information uploads.
This has to be the best stamping site ever and most of us do not have blogs or web sites - we're everyday happy stampers. Please keep it as such.
Thank you for letting me rant....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #222  
Insane Embellisher

I've tried to follow a couple of blogs for instructions, only to find only stores and self-promotion and NO INSTRUCTIONS! So I don't follow any blogs anymore, I don't care how much I like the card. I upload all the recipe instructions every time I post and guess what? I get almost no comments!! I'm somewhat new at this, and try to leave postitive comments every time I save something to favorites. I just hate it when I see 200 people have viewed a card and only 1 person was kind enough to leave a comment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2007, 12:04 AM   #223  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have asked people to go to my blog, but no more, i'll leave the info on SCS. I'll just put my blog address and if someone visits cool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #224  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyWifeArmyMomView Post
Thanks so much for this thread! I've often felt a twinge of "ah rats!" when I saw a great card only to scroll down and see no information about it! Recipes, formulas, etc. are SO appreciated!

Rhonda
I totally agree, especially if the stamp used is other than SU, it's really disappointing. I usually hit the back arrow without a comment, like the poster, too sad, for both of us :(

All the sharing is much appreciated for sure!

Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2007, 09:23 AM   #225  
Gallery Gazer

I enjoy visiting people's blogs......especially if I have seen their work and really like their style. Have found some really neat tutorials too. I think that most are not self-serving or self-congratulatory, and really do help others who wish to learn more techniques etc. HOWEVER, if I see a card in one of the galleries or challenges that doesn't list their recipe, and asks you to visit their blog for the info, I just simply do not post a comment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #226  
Polyshrink Goddess

When I click on a link to a blog, sometimes it's a great blog and helps me a lot, and sometimes I can't even find the card that I'm looking for, and I waste a lot of time looking for it - and I don't really want to read about their dogs or their kid's graduation from grade school KWIM?? :-) But that's the nature of the beast. So I've stopped going to blogs unless someone else recommends them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #227  
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

btt
;)
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 06:04 AM   #228  
Montague Mingler

It's funny the different responses I've read here. I will start with the note that I am not a blogger. For someone who is remarkably computer literate, I cannot figure out how to do it and am afraid to try.
For all you bloggers out there, I don't think the problem is that you link to your blog, just that many of us don't have the time to go there or have time to go and then try to find the exact item that sent us there! I've visited some really cool blogs but was totally frustrated because I couldn't find the instructions for the card that linked me to begin with.
So, keep up the blogging - I think it's great and self-promotion is kind of what it's all about, right? - but please help those of us who are coming to learn from this site by posting info in the description and "recipe" section of the SCS upload. It will be greatly appreciated by me, if no one else!

My family coat of arms ties at the back... is that normal?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2007, 05:12 PM   #229  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyWifeArmyMomView Post

Rhonda
Ditto.

If I see a person do it once in awhile, then I accept that maybe it was a busy day. But there are some members out there where their entire Gallery is without recipies and they only post "Go To My Blog For Details"
I dont bother leaving comments on their creations no matter how nice and I once I recognize their name, I no longer bother even opening up their card from teh thumbnail.

I like to use my lunch hour at work to look in the gallery. I can get to scs just find, but the internet police have all blog sites blocked, so thats one of the reasons I've begun to get irritated with it.

I have nothing against the blogging, I visit many of the members blogs regularly from home; the issue of only blog links for details is the bummer here. I found yet another member just today that has a beautiful gallery and not a single recipie on any of her loads, only a "Hey go to my blog"
Too bad too, because her cards are nice. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2007, 08:19 AM   #230  
Glitter Queen

completely agree
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #231  
Glitter Queen

completely agree
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #232  
Inking Addict

Smile THANK YOU!!!

I'm so glad someone said something. I love this craft and love to share and see what everyone is doing. I need inspiration and I come to SCS to get it. However, I've chosen not to visit in a while - crazy me - because people were simply not putting their recipies on their gallery postings! WE NEED THAT HELP, THAT'S WHY WE COME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #233  
Crimping Master

It's stated that advertising on Split Coast Stampers is "cheap" but I can't seem to find any information other than to place an ad on Google... what am I missing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2007, 08:57 PM   #234  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampoView Post
It's stated that advertising on Split Coast Stampers is "cheap" but I can't seem to find any information other than to place an ad on Google... what am I missing?

Scroll to the very bottom of this page and click on "advertise" (bottom middle) for more info. HTH.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #235  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile Questions

Julie, Thank you for this insightful information. I wish had a blog but have no idea how to do it much less saying "Visit My Gallery"

Where can I find or locate the list for the acronymns that are used? As said I am new to all this.

I have a question, I have noticed that on the Card Swaps the say you can or cannot include a recipe? Is that for food items or the recipe for the makings you used to make the cards for the swap/ I am new at this, so please advise. Thank You ****smiles**** Deborah

My Blog

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 02:55 PM   #236  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinQBeeView Post
Julie, Thank you for this insightful information. I wish had a blog but have no idea how to do it much less saying "Visit My Gallery"

Where can I find or locate the list for the acronymns that are used? As said I am new to all this.

I have a question, I have noticed that on the Card Swaps the say you can or cannot include a recipe? Is that for food items or the recipe for the makings you used to make the cards for the swap/ I am new at this, so please advise. Thank You ****smiles**** Deborah
Hey, Deborah!

You can find lists of common acronyms here: What do all these acronyms mean?
Located in the "Start Here" Forum.

As far as Card Swaps go, the term "recipe" = list of supplies & materials used to make the card, including stamp manufacturer name, embellishments, colors of paper, etc.

The hostess of a card swap determines whether or not swap participants include a recipe or not on the back of their card.

HTH (hope that helps), and welcome to SCS (Splitcoaststampers)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 09:12 PM   #237  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

The 'recipe' is the info on how you made the card. When we uplaod, we ususally include the recipe which tells others the papers or card stock, inks (colors), stamp sets, and accessories (ribbons, brads, eyelets, embossing folders or powders, etc). that we used. Many people are directing us to blogs to find out how a card was made. Personally, I think that's very annoying. I'd rather read it right there in the spaces privided!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinQBeeView Post

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 08-03-2007 at 02:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2007, 03:39 AM   #238  
Die Cut Diva

I am sure this thread will continue to be a thorn in some sides as recently I have seen more and more without recipes. Without the recipes and me not being as advanced as some it makes it harder to fully grasp how or what was done to a card. If I see one and I like it and do not totally understand it makes no sense for me to put it into my faves.

Even tho Julie ppl have said already.. thank you for adressing this issue!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2007, 02:46 AM   #239  

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Can someone tell me why is it that when I upload a card to one of the albums that I have set up in my gallery, there isn't an opportunity to load recipes? I like the organization of having the albums, but find that I don't like posting to them because I can't include the recipes.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #240  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn in St. LouisView Post
Can someone tell me why is it that when I upload a card to one of the albums that I have set up in my gallery, there isn't an opportunity to load recipes? I like the organization of having the albums, but find that I don't like posting to them because I can't include the recipes.
I believe that may be due to the fact that the albums configuration simply may not have field box capabilities, due to the way the software is set up? :confused:

I personally prefer NOT using the field boxes because it's a lot less taxing on my bum hand/wrist/arm (tendinitis) to copy and paste the recipe text from my blog entries into the photo description box, instead of separating it out for each of the different field boxes. . . :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes