Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #241  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

So, Julie, does that mean that it's really okay for us not to use the fields? I would really love just putting the description in the box above. I've created a Word document for me to use to fill out, and I cut and paste for the various fields. I could just copy it and it would provide the same information. This would really save time...and my wrists!! You gals are really great! I so appreciate all you do for those of us who are more challenged in many ways! A big thanks to you all...you rock!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2007, 04:48 AM   #242  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is with the sleezy advertizing from dada.net? Yuck... Who do I say something to? I come here to see cute cards...not sleeze...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #243  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by maerysmomView Post
What is with the sleezy advertizing from dada.net? Yuck... Who do I say something to? I come here to see cute cards...not sleeze...
You might want to run a spyware check on your system. Some of the spyware will intercept real ads and run "their" ads instead. That could be why you are getting the "interesting" ad .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #244  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Julie,
I couldn't have said better. I get so upset with the stampin' up advertizing.
Bj
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #245  
Glitter Queen

Default posting your recipe

I'm a surfer of this website and would love to upload but, quite frankly, can't figure out where the screen is to fill in the card recipe, i.e., technique, ink, stamps, colors used. Everyone's uploads seem to have the same layout, but when I go to the upload screen the only thing I find is the section to type in a short description. Can anyone direct me to the instructions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #246  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlynn2View Post
I'm a surfer of this website and would love to upload but, quite frankly, can't figure out where the screen is to fill in the card recipe, i.e., technique, ink, stamps, colors used. Everyone's uploads seem to have the same layout, but when I go to the upload screen the only thing I find is the section to type in a short description. Can anyone direct me to the instructions?

It's the next screen after you click on upload/submit. HTH.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #247  
Rubber Obsessor

There is an arrow at the bottom of a person's section. There is also the word "quote" in a box.Cloick on the arrow and it will take uyou to the Quick reply and then you can reply. Hope this helps.
Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2007, 08:52 AM   #248  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylQuiltsView Post
So, Julie, does that mean that it's really okay for us not to use the fields? I would really love just putting the description in the box above. I've created a Word document for me to use to fill out, and I cut and paste for the various fields. I could just copy it and it would provide the same information. This would really save time...and my wrists!! You gals are really great! I so appreciate all you do for those of us who are more challenged in many ways! A big thanks to you all...you rock!!!
I'm sorry I missed this!

Yes, it's REALLY OK! I copy and paste the recipe when I upload here, and bypass the field boxes--it really saves me time and eases up the strain my bum arm suffers from (tendinitis)

As long as it's there, I don't think anyone minds at all whether the recipe is in the photo description box or in the field boxes. At least, I would like to think nobody would mind that, since excessive typing really is hard on my arm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2007, 11:54 AM   #249  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

I don't care if it's in the fields or the description box, as long as it's THERE and I don't have to go to a blog and look for it!!!! I have nothing against bloggers, but my time on here is limited lately and I really like seeing the beautiful cards everyone on SCS makes WITH the recipe right there where I can read it right away. Thanks for having this thread!

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2007, 01:10 AM   #250  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 248 Likes on 132 Posts

Awwwwww!
I believe that we have the one & only JulieHRR to thank for that! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #251  
Rubber Obsessor

Default SPLITCOAST NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!

Thank you for asking for details and information on cards and projects. It does get frustrating when you can't figure out how to make the card or project. But on the other hand I would hate to loose the blog information because I've found many wonderful cards and projects from the blogs that I probable would not have found otherwise.
Barbara

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
We *love* that our members share their artwork with each other! Thanks to our members, we have *the* best art-stamping gallery on the web, hands-down!!!

Here's where we need your help:

We have noticed a dramatic increase in gallery uploads that have no details or information about a project, but instead, a directive to viewers to visit a blog in order to obtain that information. :(

Our galleries are available for use completely free of charge to every member here at the SCS community.

Please, when you upload a project, include basic recipe information for all of our members.

You may accompany that information with a simple, non-promotional link to your blog.

If you'd like to increase exposure to your blog or website, please consider purchasing an ad, as per Daven's homepage discussion:

This doesn't merely apply to the SCS Forums, but the SCS Galleries as well!!!

EDITED: We would greatly appreciate members including basic recipe info, which may be accompanied by a simple link, as opposed to only listing explicit directives that require our members to visit blogs in order to obtain any details about your project.

Thank you for supporting the Splitcoaststampers community!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2007, 10:00 AM   #252  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sorry, I tried to save some keyboarding by giving the instructions once on my blog as too much keyboarding bothers my shoulder.
I will stop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #253  
roynkoby

specially for a newbie like me, recipe is necessary...thanks again

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 10:30 AM   #254  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you ladies for the clarification! I just got a blog and didn't want to break any rules!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 07:28 PM   #255  
Demo Challenge Leader

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinsilviaView Post
Thank you ladies for the clarification!
;) I'm sure you're welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2007, 08:06 AM   #256  
Glitter Guru

Location: It's a bird, it's a plane ... no.... it's SUPERPUG!! Coming to an SS near you!!

I really appreciate this change. I've been frustrated by the "see my blog" directives because, while I do go see the blog, it often doesn't point to the right page and ARGH! So, thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 03:11 PM   #257  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiedesignsView Post
Julie, I want to apologize--didn't mean to offend. I'm just stretched so tightly for time with even keeping up with a blog that I run out of time to put recipes. I was trying to save time by linking to that info that I had already babbled about extensively somewhere else. Just to clarify, I have NO self-promotional agenda going on here since I am paying for my own blog and currently have no ads or tip set up at all. But I promise not to upload any more here unless I have time to fill in the fields. I will delete my posts that link ASAP. I have a house full of company right now.

Again, I apologize!
I feel the same (that time is a deterent.)

I do feel the need to be REALLY honest and say that it's a pity that people who are not promoting products or who have no advertisements on their personal blogs cannot save time by not having to write complex recipes out twice--when I always write them out in detail on my blog. I feel that the majority of crafters just post blog entries to share ideas / help other crafters be inspired. It's the posts that share no info (and no link) that I find less useful.

Having said that, however, of course I can fully understand the need for more recipes and I'll carefully comply with the new policy.

With thanks for all of your hard work in moderating and dealing with these complex issues,
Mel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 03:26 PM   #258  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
(((Tina))) No worries! I know I've seen several posters who will type the info on their blog and then just copy, cut and paste the info into the description box when they upload it here. Works just as well, and saves you from typing twice!
That's an excellent idea!!! Thanks so much for sharing it. Makes a world of difference that we can do that. I have arthritis and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, so I find that really really useful. :0)

Hot keys for copying & pasting on a pc. (just in case anyone needs them.)

Highlight the text and then for copying (hit control c) & for pasting (hit control v.)

Thanks again! Mel
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #259  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

I have a blog, and I generally put complete descriptions of my cards and scrapbook pages there; however, I understand the need for all the info to be included in our posts here. Let's say you're new to all this and you want to get ideas on how to use a certain stamp set. You find the set in the gallery and you browse through it until you find a card you like. If that card was made a month ago, and the person gets directed to a blog to get info, that person has to go to the blog and search and search through all the current and then older posts just to find the card they are interested in. I've done that and have given up! I think it's a great idea to post to your blog and then copy and past the description to the description box with your upload here on SCS. It saves you time and helps those who are interested in learning how you created your submission!

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2008, 10:38 AM   #260  
Crimping Master

I am so glad that you posted this. I notice all the time that when I look at the work on here that people are always wanting you to look at their blog for instructions. I don't want to do that so I just don't bother.

I have found this to be extremely irritating. I don't want to look at everyone's blog and read through all of their "stuff."

I, for one, appreciate your post on this.

My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CardsByPia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #261  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Give Blogs a Chance

I'm sorry to hear you say that. I don't have a blog myself but having blog information has helped me a great deal. There are some wonderful things on these blogs that I'm sure you would enjoy if you just gave them a chance.

I do have to admit that it is also irritating to me when people do not leave instructions on how to make their cards or the name of products they use. Some people post cards that say so and so sent me this card but I'm sure if they are a stamper and they take the time to post the card they must have some idea of the products and could list them.

I do believe there are more people that include instructions then not. I'm grateful to all that do. It's very hard if you�re just learning how to make cards if there are little or no instructions. Once more please give the blogs a chance I think your cheating your self by not bothering.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #262  
Crimping Master

I have a question about uploads. I figured out how to do a watermark on my card and in my computer, when I saved it, the mark was there, however, when I upload it to SCS it isn't there. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #263  
Demo Challenge Leader

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusieQ4417View Post
I have a question about uploads. I figured out how to do a watermark on my card and in my computer, when I saved it, the mark was there, however, when I upload it to SCS it isn't there. Any suggestions?
SusieQ4417, Have you checked to see how you saved your watermarked project photo? Perhaps when you added the w'mark, the new photo was saved in a format other than jpeg? It's good to double-check. Sometimes if I'm not paying attention during those save steps after watermarking, my editor is ready to save it in a different configuration. If all is saved together as a jpeg, I'll try to contact someone who may have a better idea for you. In the meantime, try attaching it to your post here by using the paperclip symbol next to the happy face in the options line above.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #264  
Crimping Master

I saved it as a png file. It said if I save it as a jpeg file, the layers, I assume meaning the watermark, wouldn't save.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #265  
Demo Challenge Leader

In order for it to work here, the file will need to be a jpeg. Let me PM you ... just a second ... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #266  
Glitter Guru

Location: It's a bird, it's a plane ... no.... it's SUPERPUG!! Coming to an SS near you!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusieQ4417View Post
I saved it as a png file. It said if I save it as a jpeg file, the layers, I assume meaning the watermark, wouldn't save.
You'll have to "flatten" the image (smoosh all the layers together). You may want to save it twice. Once for you and the next for uploading. In some programs it's called "flatten" and others "merge" layers. HTH! PM me if you want help!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #267  
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you for the information. Good to know.
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #268  
Stazon Splitcoast

No Recipes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by btrechakView Post
I'm sorry to hear you say that. I don't have a blog myself but having blog information has helped me a great deal. There are some wonderful things on these blogs that I'm sure you would enjoy if you just gave them a chance.

I do have to admit that it is also irritating to me when people do not leave instructions on how to make their cards or the name of products they use. Some people post cards that say so and so sent me this card but I'm sure if they are a stamper and they take the time to post the card they must have some idea of the products and could list them.

I do believe there are more people that include instructions then not. I'm grateful to all that do. It's very hard if you�re just learning how to make cards if there are little or no instructions. Once more please give the blogs a chance I think your cheating your self by not bothering.

Barbara

I don't have a blog either and don't intend to have one. I enjoy seeing/reading the blogs.........when "I" choose to and I have plenty of time to do so.
What I don't like is being forced to go to someone's blog for a recipe. When you do that, I not only forget YOUR card but I don't go to your blog either. Too bad, I may be missing out on a lot of nice blogs. What I do is copy, paste your card in a word doc, list your name under it and then go back to your gallery (when time permits) and check out more of your cards and most times the blog.
I try to follow the rules. Just wish others would be so kind. thanks for sharing. Not to offend!

Carol
in IN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #269  
Rubber Obsessor

Calm down ladies, everyone is doing a great job. Remember the newbies like myself think we are very lucky. I'm so happy to have those that explain can the new methods. Thanks

Bonnie Epps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #270  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by csmilhamView Post
I don't have a blog either and don't intend to have one. I enjoy seeing/reading the blogs.........when "I" choose to and I have plenty of time to do so.
What I don't like is being forced to go to someone's blog for a recipe. When you do that, I not only forget YOUR card but I don't go to your blog either. Too bad, I may be missing out on a lot of nice blogs. What I do is copy, paste your card in a word doc, list your name under it and then go back to your gallery (when time permits) and check out more of your cards and most times the blog.
I try to follow the rules. Just wish others would be so kind. thanks for sharing. Not to offend!

Carol
in IN
Carol, why not just add a card that you like to your favorites folder and go back in later to view all the info and gallery, why go to all the work of copying, pasting, typing. etc.
Shout to the Lord, all the earth let us sing, power and majesty, praise to the King!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #271  
Glitter Queen

Thanks, that's helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #272  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think this needs to be posted on the front page of SCS. There are still way to many people sending us to blogs for 'deets' as they are called and not filling in the general info. I for one may stop commenting on cards that do this.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #273  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahzoeView Post
I think this needs to be posted on the front page of SCS. There are still way to many people sending us to blogs for 'deets' as they are called and not filling in the general info. I for one may stop commenting on cards that do this.
that is what I usually do, I think if they can't bother to fill in some deets, I can't bother to leave a comment! That sounds harsh, but we all are sharing to help each other, that is what this community is about and I do not have time to ck out each and every person's blog (that is why I don't blog yet) just to see the deets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2008, 08:25 PM   #274  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I think that I am going to send each one a PM containing a link to this thread.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #275  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
I think that I am going to send each one a PM containing a link to this thread.
Go girl! While I love leaving comments on cards, I also like reading how cards are created and I signed into SCS to do that

<----Gabriel...15 months old May 1, 2011. He loves being outdoors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #276  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hi Ladies!

This thread caught my eye and I just wanted to pop in with a reminder. Not everybody who uploads to SCS has the time or is aware at how much people like the full list of items used to create a project. Many times the link to their blog is because the project requires many steps, and it's easier to read it that way.

SCS does not require full information for gallery uploads.

When considering contacting a person by PM to direct them to this thread, please take into account that they may just be doing what they see done in the gallery. It may be hurtful to a person to be directed here instead of having a friendly contact. However, being a past Gallery Moderator, I don't feel it is necessary to contact people for not including information or for providing blog links.

I know it's frustrating when you really want to know what was used, especially now with so many stamp companies around. So instead of PMing to direct them here, PM them to ask what they used. Many times they are happy to share with you and, as I mentioned before, they are just unaware that people really do appreciate the information being included when uploading.

Let's keep SCS a happy place, and take into consideration the feelings of the person uploading.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2008, 02:16 PM   #277  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Let Kindness be Contagious

Thank you for your consideration, understanding and kindness for other people. It's wonderful to hear when people care about the feelings of others. I have not uploaded any cards yet but if I ever come up with my own idea and upload a card I hope I will be treated kindly also. I have PM many people for information and have always received wonderful PM�s back. People are very glad to help out, and a PM gives them the time they need to answer you questions.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #278  
Cardstock Collector

i think i did mine right...lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #279  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh my goodness-I just found this

I finally tried uploading my first time and did not include all the information only because I did not keep a list of everything I used [and don't remember where everything is from]. What a lot to keep track of if it is not all from SU or a specific vendor!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2008, 12:19 AM   #280  
luvjdb

Default Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by btrechakView Post
Thank you for your consideration, understanding and kindness for other people. It's wonderful to hear when people care about the feelings of others. I have not uploaded any cards yet but if I ever come up with my own idea and upload a card I hope I will be treated kindly also. I have PM many people for information and have always received wonderful PM�s back. People are very glad to help out, and a PM gives them the time they need to answer you questions.

Barbara
Well said Barbara. I feel the same way. It can be a bit intimidating when you don't feel you'll be well received. I hope the same for when and if I can have something new to share with the SCS family. We're here to have fun and it feels so good to share and be kind to others. I'm new to SCS and many have sent PM's and have been so helpful, so I KNOW that people are very glad to help out when they have the time.

Reply With Quote Likes