Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2006, 09:49 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spokane craft destinations?

Hello ladies. The kids and I are going with my husband to Spokane for three weeks this summer and I would love to hear about some of the craft/scrapbook stores in the area. We are staying in the valley at a Residence Inn and will be dropping off and picking up my husband in Cheney everyday so we'll be out and about and driving isn't an issue. What's out there?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

There are several stores. One is called The Stamp Jeannie. They are located on the north side of Spokane on Monroe St. Then there is a shop called Apropros located on the south hill right around Grand and 30th. If you are looking for a scrapbooking store, there is Huckleberries Paper Patch in the Valley. They are on Pines right across from Applebees. Then there is another scrapbooking store way out north and I can't think of the name of it, because I don't scrapbook. Hope this helps. Have fun while you are here in Spokane. If you are here on July 27th, PM me and you can go with me to a stamp workshop which is kind of in the valley.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 11:05 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

The scrapbooking store "way out north" is called Picture Pages. That is where I prefer to shop, although I do like Apropos. Picture Pages has a lot of cropping room and has free crops most days. They are having an 8th anniversary sale on July 8th. http://www.picture-pages.com/

I've been to the one on Monroe - "The Stamp Jeannie" - and I wasn't impressed.

There also used to be a scrapbook store at the Northtown Mall on Division, but I haven't been there in a while and don't know if it is still there.

In doing a quick search, I also found this - Scrapper's Attic
1300 North Mullan Road, Spokane Valley, WA 99206

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jeannie's is definitely a stamp store, rather than a scrapbooking store, for sure. She has a nice variety of stamp images, I think. I don't drive anymore, so I haven't been there in almost a year I think.

Scrapper's Attic is great...I love 'em! Definitely a scrapping store, stampwise there's only a few alphabets.

Huckleberries in the Valley is probably the best of both...a scrap store but they do have a collection of stamp and TONS of embellishment things. A plus is that they're just off the Pines exit on I-90. Really easy to find.

Apropos is another fantastic one, although again, since I'm not driving I haven't been there in a year or so. Her slant has always been toward "artsy" although she carries a nice variety of other lines as well...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 12:54 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Apropos is picking up more scrapbooking things all the time. Love her stamps and embellishments. One of my favorite stores in the area-a don't miss!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 05:16 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you ladies so much. I think I'll be able to hit all of the stores you guys mentioned. As for the one in the valley we'll be staying right there and the one way up north should work because I'll be seeing a friend that lives in Deer Park.

Thanks for the invite for the 27th. We'll actually be getting there late afternoon on the 28th. Bummer. But, we'll be there until August 18th so keep me in mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:53 AM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

August 17th is our next workshop after the one in July. Since it is the night before you leave, you might want to come. It is a lot of fun. Let me know so we can make arrangements to meet.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 08:26 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabelle1974
Apropos is picking up more scrapbooking things all the time. Love her stamps and embellishments. One of my favorite stores in the area-a don't miss!
This one opened up after I moved away from E. Washington, so I've always wondered about it and if it was a good one! Nice to hear that it is!

Stamp Jeannie was always good, and Jeannie herself is such a nice lady! :grin:

HEY! And, Ellenh is going to be teaching some classes there featuring Lockhart Rubber Stamps (they make awesome cupcake and veggie couture images--so "kewl").

I can't remember when they're scheduled for. You might visit her blog for more deets? A class with Ellen is pure fun--she's so vivacious!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Smile

Ya'll have made me so homesick, I just wanna baaaaaaawwwwl! :( I loved Huckleberries for all the really cool papers and Jeannies had neat make and takes and demos. Apropos was a little spendy and arty for me, but a nice selection of arty stamps. Being in the heart of the South Hill, you know it had to be spendy. That's where a lot of the rich folk live. :rolleyes: Have a good time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
HEY! And, Ellenh is going to be teaching some classes there featuring Lockhart Rubber Stamps (they make awesome cupcake and veggie couture images--so "kewl").

I can't remember when they're scheduled for. You might visit her blog for more deets? A class with Ellen is pure fun--she's so vivacious!
Oh wow, Ellenh is going to be at the Stamp Jeannie teaching classes. I stop in there a lot on my way home from work, so I need to find out when they are and plan on going. I would love to meet her.

Reply With Quote Likes