Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #41  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathynruss
Tracy, $10! :shock: The most I've paid was $5 and it was credited for orders over $25. Average is $2. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Kathy
I think you are just lucky. My demo charges $10 to $15 for her 'Make and Takes' where we make 3 to 5 projects and she gives us the supplies. Sometimes she will have a special 'pre-buy' where you order the set ahead of time and she reduces the 'make and take' cost. Once in a while I do feel like the cost is a little high for what we make, though. She has started doing a 'punch' (stamp) card where you get stamped for every $5 you buy and for attending. I don't remember what you get when the card is filled, though. LOL

Gloria
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2005, 12:25 AM   #42  
Embossing Fanatic

Default mho

I am a demo. I started by trying to charge only $5. for a stamp night at my house...with myself providing any materials they wanted to use and refreshments. This did not work for me. Now, I do not charge. If they want to eat, they bring their own food. I don't organize projects; they just work on whatever needs to be done on a personal basis. I always have a mystery hostess party along with it....everyone loves it and is happy with the way things work now. And, that includes me!

I got in this business 3 years ago because I want to support my stamping habit. Now, I couldn't quit...my customers won't let me.

just mho, of course!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #43  
Kookie Creator

Default Love the camps and open stamping - Keep 'em coming!

From a customer's point of view:

Over the course of the past two years, I've ordered stamps from three different demos. I stay with the one that offers open stamping once a week, monthly sessions to make three or fours cards plus every few months - stamp camp with her co-demos. My other demos who I bought stamps from either didn't offer any sessions or got "out of the business" and strictly sold stamps. I didn't go back when I found a demo who was willing to "share and teach."

As a customer, the camps and open stamping nights keep me buying and seeing the latest ideas. It's fun to figure out that I can make cards look that good, too with a little bit of instruction and great supplies.

If you're hesitating spending the time to set up and possibly ruin your supplies, please do it. I'll bet you'll make more in sales than you will in loses to your ink pads and supplies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #44  
Cardstock Collector

My Demo used to do
5-10-15 nights

make 5 items
for $10 total
15 minutes to make each item--theoretically. . .
Talking always threw that 15 thing off!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2005, 12:39 PM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

Our demo is a top seller and wins ALL the trips. She is very relaxed abt everything. She charges $10 for classes. She lets us "check out" any of her stamp sets that we don't have. Once I thought I lost a stamp from the set and tore my house apart 3x. I was a nervous wreck. When I went back to her house, there the stamp was! Then she told me not to worry abt things like that. She is great and we all love her!She even lets us have our "parties" at her house if we want! She is so Fun and Creative! So RELAX and let the fun begin!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #46  
Watercolor Wizard

Default My first camp

I haven't even rec'd my kit yet, but I held my first stamp camp. It was $15 for 10 projects (all cards). Some are more simple, some more complicated. We do it at lunch at work (in 4 sessions).

It was quite a lot of work getting everything ready and hauled there, and yes, my versamark and all my yellow pads got stamped in with black....how did this happen I wondered, when I've been stamping for years and years and never messed up a pad....

but I had to let it go and not stress. I wouldn't want someone upset with me, so I just tried to make the best of it.

And as far as getting ink on the actual stamps....I never imagined someone would be upset about this, lol

B~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

The last stamp camp I attended was last October we had to bring all our own ink, cs, and cleaner, if you didn't have a specific colour of cs, you had to buy a whole package. She said she couldn't just sell one piece of cs. So if others had the colour we needed we would trade with each other. Now it didn't cost us anything as members of a "Club", outsiders had to pay $10.00 and we didn't even get a technique or a make and take. It was just a night to get together and stamp (usually co-insided with picking up our Club order)
There was nothing organized. although I did like to do the monthly card swap it was a lot of fun,the first one I didn't have any Stampin'up stamps but made an cute card with Kanji and Bamboo that everyone thought was SU. The swaps are what I miss the most about stamp camp.

canadian_stamper
I am looking forward to VSN Saturday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 09:41 AM   #48  
Cardstock Collector

Red face Stamp Camps

Thank you very much for all the wonderful advise and ideas. I will not give up on my Stamp Camps. I will be trying some of your ideas though. I love what I do and really want to share it with others.
Thanks, emcclanahan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #49  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by emcclanahan
I am new to SU and am now orphaned. My former upline had great Stamp Camps, but I can't seem to get anyone at mine. Where do you find the people? I charge $10 for 4+ projects (2 advanced technique projects [usually cards], 1 scrapbook page and craft). I know there are people out there like me who love to stamp and scrapbook, but how or where do I find them? Desparate for business, Elizabeth
The stamp camps i have attended usually were $15.00 to 20.00 for 5 items usually a scrapbook page, 3 really nice, embellished cards, and a larger project; ie: a stamped candle, notecard holder, stamped memo cube, or a junior legal pad. It took about 3 hours to complete these projects. Now when I have my own stamp camps I charge $20.00, with a full credit if you book a workshop that meets minimium level for hostess benefits. Or a $7.00 credit if you place an order the night of camp. We make 7 projects, usually 2 cards with envelopes, a scrapbook page, a mini gift box, an accordian book, or mini scrapbook, a decorated bag, and a surprise item, which was a lunchbag book at my last camp. Everyone really seems to love the projects, but I have found I son't get many orders. Many times people just come for the goodies they will be making with no intention of ordering. I feel that along with covering my supplies,(and some people use almost a whole roll of mono on a single card) I should be compensated for my time. THis is after a business. I p researched the projects and cut everything out ahead of time. You certainly wouldn't go into Archivers and expect to pay $2.00 - $5.00 for a class. I have actually paid $25.00 to make two matched 12x12 scrapbook pages. Just how I fell, not right, not wrong.
Deb Detlaf
Reply With Quote Likes