Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-24-2006, 09:50 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stamp class

I am wanting to begin a monthly stamp class held at my home... are their any suggestions, ideas or advice anyone can give... I want this to be a success.
Thank you
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2006, 11:49 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie Copeland
I am wanting to begin a monthly stamp class held at my home... are their any suggestions, ideas or advice anyone can give... I want this to be a success.
Thank you
themes are always good. Make sure you send the information and get a deposit by a certain date. my demo has a class usually each month with various fees. maybe 10 cards for $15 or a tin class etc... then she runs a special during the class for anyone ordering and of course you can't pass up a deal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

The one I got to is a lot of fun!! It is a stamp club. there are 12 people in it so each of us get to be the host and get the free stuff. We each have to spend a min. of $20. we make 4 projects each month.

the other thing she does is have a stamp and stack for $20. you get to make 20 cards you get to pick out of 5 different choices!!

Hope this helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2006, 07:42 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Hi Julie, I go a stamp club at my demo's once a month. We have 10 in our group. We each get to be hostess for one month to get the benefits. We set the amount we spend at $40.00 Canadian. The lady that is the hostess for that month brings a lunch and we usually do 3 or so projects, usually our demo(who is fabulous) tries to show us a new technique. We have alot of fun together and it's easier learning new techniques this way. Good luck with yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2006, 08:38 AM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I'm interested in learning more info about this too! I'm going to become a demo once the new catalogue comes out in June/July(?) ... !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2006, 06:48 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by prchvs
I'm interested in learning more info about this too! I'm going to become a demo once the new catalogue comes out in June/July(?) ... !
congrats on the choice. you will love it I am sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2006, 08:01 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampmouse
themes are always good. Make sure you send the information and get a deposit by a certain date. my demo has a class usually each month with various fees. maybe 10 cards for $15 or a tin class etc... then she runs a special during the class for anyone ordering and of course you can't pass up a deal.
My demo does pretty much the same thing. Last month we did 10 birthday cards (2 designs-5 cards of each design) and the cost for that camp was $15.00. She provides all the supplies of course, including envelopes, and cuts all the cardstock and papers for the individual projects, so all we have to do is stamp/color/assemble. Next month she is holding an embossing technique workshop. In June and July she is going to demo various stamping techniques. Because the retired stamp list is being published, she will also have sales on various stamps for us to purchase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Julie (and others), FYI: Once you become a demo you can share in some of the great ideas found on the demo side of SCS!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2006, 09:20 PM   #9  
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

I just attended my upline's stamp camp. She rents a gathering room in her neighborhood. She invites all her customers, and they must reserve a spot at least 5 days in advance of the camp. Usually she does one large thing-tin, paint can, ornament, and 3-4 cards. She used to charge $10 supply fee that she waived if you purchased $50 or more. Then the price increased to $15. The $10 was waived if you made a $50 or more purchase, but she kept the $5. Now she charges $20. The $10 is waived for a $50 purchase but she now keeps $10.
My upline uses the stamp camps as HER parties. This is how she gets free products. As a demo, I think the camps are just a bit pricy, but I learn a lot, and use the ideas at workshops.
I like the idea above where the camps are held with a different hostess each month! I'm going to start doing that too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Love the Club!

My SU Demo does a couple different groups. I can tell you about the one I am in. She signs up 8 of us for a total of 8 months. Each month one of us is hostess and brings refreshments. We hold in in our Demo's house (easy to find each month) from 7 to 8 pm. We committed to buying $25 each month. At the club we make 3-4 items. Additionally we do a card swap at each meeting (so we go home with about 11 items each month). The hostess gets to decide the them of the exchange (like last month it was circles). I love it. We have lot of fun.

She does it on the third Thursday and Friday (two clubs) of the month. She sets up the tables in her living room and leaves them up for the two days, then she is done. This guarantees she has two parties of at least $200 a piece each month. That being said, I haven't placed an order less than $50 on each of the months. So, she is doing very well. You can too!

I think the most important thing is set up ground rules, have fun, be flexible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2006, 01:07 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I do an "open stamp night" once a week for all my girls (downlines and all customers (mine and theres)) they can use all my ink pads, stamps, and tools and they pay a $3 fee or bring a snack to share (3ppl a week sign up sheet) and that goes great. Once a month I do a class anywhere from $10-25 for different projects, I just did the mommy and Me class...it was wonderful. I offer lots of variety as my customers LOVE different things and sometimes they have a mystery project to do on Monday night stamp night (last week they got a mini clothes pin and had to "use" it any way they wanted). I always have "stamp packs" (cardstock and a few embellishments) available for purchase on the spot and ALWAYS offer a stamp night special. Its been amazing and I hope I can pick this all back up after our big move in 30 days.
Good Luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2006, 05:28 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

I love my stamp club! My demo holds it once a month (last Wed for me) - it's gotten so popular that she holds it over two nights! For $10, we stamp two cards each of three designs (themed) + a "challenge" project (usually a box, gift card holder, etc)... she supplies everything but adhesive. It's SO much fun - I really look forward to it each month. Good luck with yours!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2006, 05:40 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

My demo who is AWESOME.. does a few things. First, we have a stamp camp. We meet once a month, there are 6 of us and we commit to spend $25.00 each a month and every month one of the members is the hostess and gets the hostess benefit. We usually make 5 projects, ranging form cards to altered books etc.. everymonth its a new surprise. She also holds classes on Tuesday a month which she calls "Technique Tuesday, she cahrges a flat fee of $10.00 and you make 5 cards using 5 different techniques. On top of that, she also holds other workshops for a flat fee of a certain theme. I hope this helps. I too plan on becoming a demo once the new catty comes out but as a hobby demo to support my habit. My demo is so amazing that I end up wanting EVRYTHING... so now I will get it at a discount. GOOD LUCK!! and HAVE FUN!
Reply With Quote Likes