Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-10-2005, 06:37 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to trburgi
Default Stamp-a-ma-jig

I have heard mixed thoughts on the Stamp-a-ma-jig. Do you lady use your and how dose it work. What I am working on are name tags for church using the 2 step stamp set Shapes & Shadows. Would this be a useful tool for doing these?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 06:57 AM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Stamp-a-ma-jig

Stamp-a-ma-jig is hands down THE best stamping tool that SU offers. It is a "must have" for getting words and phrases exactly where you want them on the rimmed tags and such.
It is also incredibly easy to use - snug the plastic image sheet into the corner of the purple thingy, stamp the image with dye ink; place the stamped image sheet exactly where you want it on whatever you are stamping; re-snug the purple thingy up to the image sheet and then remove the image sheet; stamp your image.
That's it!
The purple thingy has the most wonderful non-slip stuff on the bottom - it doesn't slip around when you go to do the final stamping. I think that this is what really makes this product superior to every other stamp positioner on the market.
I'm sure you would find it helpful for 2 step stamping if you are one of those people who want the images to line up exactly...most of us guess on those But you would find this tool invaluable for many other stamping purposes...treat yourself to this wonderful invention!
Susy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 07:01 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

So it is more for letters and not 2 step stamping?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 07:05 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 07:05 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 07:14 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I use my Stamp-a-ma-jig EVERY time I stamp. I love it. It's perfect for positioning any stamp, whether it be an alphabet or 2-step. It's a super investment!

Will work for stamps! My Gallery!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 10:37 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also use my Stamp-a-ma-Jig to audition images to see if I like their placement. I can stamp the image on the clear sheet, and then lay that over my card to see if I like the effect. Like, the other night I made a Valentine's day card but I couldn't decide which Valentine's day greeting I wanted to use on it. I stamped both on different corners of the clear plastic and laid them both over the card to see which I like best. No more stamp regret!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 10:43 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 217 Likes on 187 Posts

I agree with Susy the "Boss". It is a must have, especially when you want to get a card just right. And it's so easy to use. Yes, it takes a little more time, but it's well worth it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 10:48 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

The Stamp-a-majig is a MUST!!! It is wonderful! It works beautifully with letters AND 2-step stamping as well as so many other things. Whenever you need to space and position a stamp it does it! I really use mine EVERY time I stamp!!! Because you asked about 2-step--that is what I use mine most for and it lines everything up so well. You don't have to guess where it goes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 10:59 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ditto here - I use mine EVERY time I stamp. What I've also found helpful is, instead of using the acrylic sheet that comes with it (which has to be cleaned off after each use), I cut small pieces of vellum (you can see through it), then line a piece up with the stampamajig and stamp on that instead of the acrylic. Then I file that piece of vellum in the case with the stamp, and have it to use in the future. So many times, I've used this translucent vellum piece with the image or sentiment stamped on it to see if it "fits" where I want to use it, and have avoided many mistakes this way. Hope that makes sense.
Psalm 113:3

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glittergal
Ditto here - I use mine EVERY time I stamp. What I've also found helpful is, instead of using the acrylic sheet that comes with it (which has to be cleaned off after each use), I cut small pieces of vellum (you can see through it), then line a piece up with the stampamajig and stamp on that instead of the acrylic. Then I file that piece of vellum in the case with the stamp, and have it to use in the future. So many times, I've used this translucent vellum piece with the image or sentiment stamped on it to see if it "fits" where I want to use it, and have avoided many mistakes this way. Hope that makes sense.
I do the same thing. I cut the vellum into quarter sheets (if that size will fit in the case) and use a different corner for a different stamp in the set. It's especially helpful for alphabets & 2 step but I've used it for other stamps as well. I seem to have a hard time lining up my rubber and the picture on my wood :oops: so it helps keep my sayings and words straight. I would definitely add this to your stash :!:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 11:13 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Just so you all know I went out a got one all ready today. Keep the tips comming! Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 11:26 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

Default finally someone explains it !!!!

Mine has been in a storage container for over a year...had no clue what to do with it.
Thanks to everyone who explained what they do. I now has been dusted off and ready to go...and my words will be straight!
Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 11:26 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

Another way to use the positioner is to overstamp.

After you stamp an image, color it with pencils (watercolor or regular), and then use the positioner to overstamp the image again. Gives the colored image a crisp look.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 02:53 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

If you're using a stamp that you know is difficult to ink up and is prone to leaving blank areas, you can use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to re-stamp the image in precisely the same place! It's also good for making backgrounds with one-line text stamps, or the sayings from Mini Messages. I can't tell you how many times I've had to start over because I misaligned those word blocks!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 03:14 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I hardly used my stamp-a-ma-jig for the first year and a half I had it and now I use it all the time. I don't know what took me so long to figure out what a useful tool it is. I don't use it as much for two step stampin' because I find a certain charm in stamps being a bit mis-aligned, but when I have a small space (like a metal edge tag) that just has to be lined up perfectly or a stamp that is mounted just a little bit crooked there is nothing better! It's also a life saver when the final stamp on your card leaves a small blank spot in the image (usually due to operator error). There's no way I could ever get everything lined up exactly the same if I were just "eyeballing" it, but with the stamp-a-ma-jig I can re-stamp my image perfectly and nobody ever knows!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 03:16 PM   #17  
Mad Swapper

I use it when I am doing the the technique where I would want my Button Bear to be holding onto a package. It helps me make sure the bear is in the right place. I know this probably doesn't make sense but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the technique. Is it blocking?? nooooo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2005, 03:51 PM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

It's a MUST have! I love mine! Buy the extra sheets SU sells, too. Then you won't have to keep cleaning the one it comes with in the middle of a project. You can just leave the stamped images on it till you're completely done with everything. I recommend inking with Basic Black when stamping on the Stamp-a-ma-jig sheet. It won't wipe off every time you touch it. Only when you WANT to wipe it off (with stamp cleaner).
Old 01-11-2005, 09:24 PM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by tashast
I use it when I am doing the the technique where I would want my Button Bear to be holding onto a package. It helps me make sure the bear is in the right place. I know this probably doesn't make sense but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the technique. Is it blocking?? nooooo
Masking! Yes, a positioner is great for precise placement of images when masking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 09:36 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

i have never used mine, maybe i should have my demo show me how :oops:
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2005, 02:46 AM   #21  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As tip for those of you who aren't demonstrators, the positioner that Michaels sells is exactly the same, but without the SU! logo. With a % off coupon and no shipping charges, it's much cheaper! (More $$$ for SU! stamps, paper, and ink!)
Reply With Quote Likes