Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #361  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-mouseView Post
The sheetload thing is a design but instructions given for how many sheets of paper you need ( CS1, CS2, Cs3, PP1,PP2, and so forth) tells you the cuts to make and you end up with multiples of the card front.......You can create different arrangements using the same size pieces/colors----I love it....I can spend an evening cutting (maybe 3 designs) and then my next worktime I can assemble 20-50 card fronts.....Awesome when I am trying to make sets of cards for possible sale. You choose your own color scheme and so forth...One of the best points for me is that I can use the same design scheme over and over but by changing the papers, come up with totally different sets.......ie,,,I did one design with "male" colors themes and then used the same design,cutting directions and made lovely pastel spring cards.
Use the link posted just above this message a few and you will see what I mean...She gives samples using each one but h onestly,,,the sky is the limit.;)

Wow! I'll definitely have to go through that link in more depth than my earlier quick glance. It sounds sort of like a 'Power Layouts' version for cardmaking.

I actually made three cards this morning; I think that's a record for me because I tend to be an incredibly slow cardmaker.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2008, 10:57 AM   #362  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for the link to 'Sheetload of Cards.' I just printed out a few of the monthly newsletters.....

This is perfect for me.....I can do all my cutting one night.....and start putting it together the next.........

I have also been invited to two separate shoebox swaps in April......so this is going to come in real handy!!!!!

Thanks again for sharing.....

BTW - for the shoebox swaps.....I'm really not 'making the cards'....but shouldn't I count the number of cards that are going to be made....my swap is coming from my stash, right?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #363  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolc1027View Post

BTW - for the shoebox swaps.....I'm really not 'making the cards'....but shouldn't I count the number of cards that are going to be made....my swap is coming from my stash, right?????
In my opinion, shoebox swaps would count! The whole point is to use what we have, right ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2008, 02:38 PM   #364  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, my good friend, Jessica told me about this thread about a week ago, and I was trying to behave and not buy anything else this month -- but I caved in today and bought $15 from Allthatscraps.com So . . . here I am joining up. I fell off the wagon (so to speak), and I am climbing back on. No spending for me for a while . . . as long as postage stamps are okay ;) I have a few swaps to finish up, and one more thing needed for a secret exchange gift if I can ever find it for her. That is it for me for a while though. I really need to budget better, and I think this will help me keep track. I already copied Jess's info from her siggie line starting today. Thanks, girls for keeping us *on track*
Barbaralynn's Summer Swap

I'm a BRAK member. We would love for you to join us!
Click here for more information!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #365  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi, Kelly! Glad to see you here!

I finished three cards today, but I figure at my rate of $2 earned per card, it's going to take me a VERY long time to earn enough for a single SU order :( . Oh well, I am discovering a whole lot of supplies I'd forgotten I had!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #366  
Mad Swapper

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

This method is really helping me watch my spending and THINK before buying. However, I have quit putting the info in my signature because I noticed I wasn't commenting or replying to any posts (not enough room in the signature to explain that I really am watching this to see how my spending/stamping comes out). Anyway, here's how it's going:
2008 Stamp to Spend Challenge: 4 cards=$10 and 30 minutes treadmill=$1
Cards, SB pages made since 12-25-07: 81
Earned: $217.50-------Actually spent: $611.00 (includes SU! starter kit)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2008, 04:57 AM   #367  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlekel90View Post
Okay, my good friend, Jessica told me about this thread about a week ago, and I was trying to behave and not buy anything else this month -- but I caved in today and bought $15 from Allthatscraps.com So . . . here I am joining up. I fell off the wagon (so to speak), and I am climbing back on. No spending for me for a while . . . as long as postage stamps are okay ;) I have a few swaps to finish up, and one more thing needed for a secret exchange gift if I can ever find it for her. That is it for me for a while though. I really need to budget better, and I think this will help me keep track. I already copied Jess's info from her siggie line starting today. Thanks, girls for keeping us *on track*
Welcome Kelly Isn't this thread such a great idea?!?!?! It sure has helped me on those impulse buys! Have a great week!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2008, 04:59 AM   #368  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by CicicaraView Post
This method is really helping me watch my spending and THINK before buying. However, I have quit putting the info in my signature because I noticed I wasn't commenting or replying to any posts (not enough room in the signature to explain that I really am watching this to see how my spending/stamping comes out). Anyway, here's how it's going:
2008 Stamp to Spend Challenge: 4 cards=$10 and 30 minutes treadmill=$1
Cards, SB pages made since 12-25-07: 81
Earned: $217.50-------Actually spent: $611.00 (includes SU! starter kit)
Looks like you're doing great! Congratulations on becoming a SU demo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2008, 06:23 AM   #369  
Forum Fanatic

Thanks girls for the happy welcome!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 04:21 AM   #370  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After spending on the SU SAB and TAC special, I really need to work on this challenge, great idea, thanks for coming up with it

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 08:39 AM   #371  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is definitely time I joined this challenge!!! I have literally hundreds of stamps I have not used yet. When I see a new stamp, or worse, stamp set, and think "Oh, I can do this with them" then I have to have them. But do I ever get around to actually DOING what I envisioned? NO! I'm too busy reading here and shopping for stamps!

This will encourage me to get my craft room properly reorganized so that I can stamp and scrap on a moment's notice, rather than not doing it because of all the work involved in digging everything out and setting it up.

So, I am in starting today.

I am going to cheat, just a little, as I start. I have a bunch of cards made that I have not gotten around to sending out. So, I will give myself credit for cards SENT as well as made, but only with cards that were already finished before I joined here. I am also being very generous with myself, allowing for $20 for each 10 cards or 3 layouts- might as well be realistic and give myself a real chance at succeeding.

So, here we go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #372  
Die Cut Diva

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlazarskiView Post
In my opinion, shoebox swaps would count! The whole point is to use what we have, right ?
Definitely!!! Using what you have for swaps, scrapbooks, decorations...it all counts. The whole point is to use what we have. Many of us tend to buy without real regard for what we have.

tchk...I too started with organizing my craft space. It is amazing the great stuff I had and never used. I have really started enjoying my crafting supplies much more. I partiicipate in far more swaps than I used to as well as making cards for the family and friends. My space just feels more comfortable and I seem to be managing my crafting and my spending, not the other way around.

pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #373  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hmmmm... I'm thinkin bout this one... terrific idea.. I must say!!!!

Proud fan club member!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #374  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchkView Post
It is definitely time I joined this challenge!!! I have literally hundreds of stamps I have not used yet. When I see a new stamp, or worse, stamp set, and think "Oh, I can do this with them" then I have to have them. But do I ever get around to actually DOING what I envisioned? NO! I'm too busy reading here and shopping for stamps!

This will encourage me to get my craft room properly reorganized so that I can stamp and scrap on a moment's notice, rather than not doing it because of all the work involved in digging everything out and setting it up.

So, I am in starting today.

I am going to cheat, just a little, as I start. I have a bunch of cards made that I have not gotten around to sending out. So, I will give myself credit for cards SENT as well as made, but only with cards that were already finished before I joined here. I am also being very generous with myself, allowing for $20 for each 10 cards or 3 layouts- might as well be realistic and give myself a real chance at succeeding.

So, here we go!
Welcome to the challenge! I think it will help with that impluse buying

With all those stamps and stamp sets you haven't used...can I suggest/challenge you to pick at least one weekly challenge to do using one of your uninked stamp/stamp sets. It's a fun away to ink up your stamps and challenge yourself at the same time. Maybe reward yourself (add an extra card made to the tally) for using an unused set vs. going out and buying new stuff?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #375  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by misshelenstampsView Post
Hmmmm... I'm thinkin bout this one... terrific idea.. I must say!!!!
Hi Miss Helen...are ya in???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2008, 11:58 AM   #376  
Insane Embellisher

I was bad this week...

I ordered (and rec'd) the Scor-pal (ladies - this is the best thing since sliced bread!!!!!!) and had to pick up the Threading Water punch by Fiskars......it is really cool.........you can check it out Forums at Splitcoaststampers:

So, I have updated my signature line....the good news is that I have 5 birthday cards to make in April, I'm going to two shoebox swaps in April, and have signed up for an 11 card swap here on SCS (due May 9th)......the bad news is that I'm a hobby demo with SU and the 2nd quarter minimum is staring me right in the face!!!!!

Happy holiday everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2008, 12:43 AM   #377  
Insane Embellisher

You can do it Carol! Do you ever have workshops for friends, fellow stampers? That might help you make your minimums. Or stamp-a-stacks? Graduation will be here soon, so will all of those weddings, showers, and Mothers/Fathers day. (uh oh, sounds like I need to get busy too!) Or you could make sets and sell them if you work somewhere or to family. Hope that helps! (Can you tell I would love to be a demo?)
Hope everyone has a blessed Easter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2008, 08:20 AM   #378  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangegymnutView Post
Welcome to the challenge! I think it will help with that impluse buying

With all those stamps and stamp sets you haven't used...can I suggest/challenge you to pick at least one weekly challenge to do using one of your uninked stamp/stamp sets. It's a fun away to ink up your stamps and challenge yourself at the same time. Maybe reward yourself (add an extra card made to the tally) for using an unused set vs. going out and buying new stuff?
Tanya- thanks for the warm welcome and the encouragement! Happy Easter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #379  
Insane Embellisher

Anyone else not been stamping? I hope I'm not the only one with a big stack of unfinished cards. I need to get going so I can have some $$ for the next three months. And I have been considering a scorepal, among other things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #380  
Crimping Master

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

Okay, so I am doing Jenny Craig and I went back to the gym. (for added weight loss insurance. lol) so I got to add 2 hours to my exercise and $6 to my money to spend. Yeah!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 03:33 PM   #381  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorothyjaneView Post
Okay, so I am doing Jenny Craig and I went back to the gym. (for added weight loss insurance. lol) so I got to add 2 hours to my exercise and $6 to my money to spend. Yeah!!!!!!!!
Yeah! Congrats to you! I need to find more time to get out there and at the very least get walking. The dog and I both had a "gainer" winter. LOL

I get a 4 hour break between my 2 jobs, and so that is when I try to come up with some stampin' ideas or fix dinner or laundry. Other than that -- that is my only window of opportunity around here during the week. Ughhh. Well, I finished a swap this week (Tuesday) so that helped my siggie line a bit. Now I have an offer on some 3M ATG tape on Ebay . . . thank the Lord that doesn't count against me, but I am looking to get 12 rolls for under $23 with shipping. Not too bad, I guess ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #382  
Pearl-ExPert

Just wanted to be honest and post. I have not done my allotment but I did spend money. It's payday and the cutathome coupon is about to expire and I just could not resist ordering the next set of nesties. So, I am in the hole. But, at least I'm in the hole at 40% off!!!! :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #383  
Forum Fanatic

LMBO-- I like the way you think, girl!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #384  
Forum Fanatic

Btw, I have to say . . . I got my tape, but it was just under $26 with shipping for 12 rolls, not too bad, I guess, as those rolls are pretty heavy, and I made a deal with him to ship them priority ;) I love a sweet deal, too!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #385  
Insane Embellisher

Default Update

Haven't done too much since the Easter cards were finished....all I got done was the 3 bridal shower cards I need for this coming Saturday.

I have three swaps (two shoebox swaps - one at my upline's upline and one at a friends house - and one here on SCS) to prepare for in the next couple of weeks plus three birthday cards needed in April.

One thing I am going to do is as I make each birthday card I have decided to make two....slightly different....but I want to start building a reserve (plus use up my stash)!!!

I'll keep you all updated....how's everyone else doing????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #386  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchkView Post
Just wanted to be honest and post. I have not done my allotment but I did spend money. It's payday and the cutathome coupon is about to expire and I just could not resist ordering the next set of nesties. So, I am in the hole. But, at least I'm in the hole at 40% off!!!! :rolleyes:
So let me ask ya'll if this counts:
Hubby asked me the other night if I wanted to run up to walmart. I asked him why??? He said he wanted to buy me the cricut expressions. I looked at him like he was nuts. I said um why? Well, the night before I was watching the infomercial on it, lol...for background noise while I did my Easter cards...so he thought that I wanted it. Well, he got a lil' bonus and wanted to buy me a lil' something other than than the Riley's, copics, and MFT stamps I had purchased. I told him that I'd really rather have the nestabilities and that cutathome offers this 40% coupon, lol... So, he says ok. So, I ordered the set for this month and will get the other 3 over the next 3 months. Now, since he wanted to buy me something...my nesties don't really count towards my spending doesn't it???
On a good note...I've made 30 cards so far this month...I think a record for me! I'll update my signature at the end of each month, just easier for me.
On a side note...I went back to the gym (have not been my full force "gymnut" in 2 yrs due to health issues) and have felt good about that, but have been so dead tired from it that I haven't stamped at all since, lol. Hum, gonna have to try to balance the two.
I hope everyone is stamping away! Thanks for listening to me babble
Hugs,
Tanya
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 05:20 PM   #387  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorothyjaneView Post
Congrats! Glad you've hit the gym! Would like to know what you think of Jenny Craig...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 05:23 PM   #388  
Insane Embellisher

Tanya....

I wouldn't count 'gifts'......it's not your money! You will love the nestabilities....I know I do...

I also get mine from cut@home (love that 40% coupon)....you do know, don't you, that most of them are on backorder, all over the place?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #389  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolc1027View Post
Tanya....

I wouldn't count 'gifts'......it's not your money! You will love the nestabilities....I know I do...

I also get mine from cut@home (love that 40% coupon)....you do know, don't you, that most of them are on backorder, all over the place?
I was looking at it as a "gift" but wasn't too sure...

No, I didn't know they are on back order (pout). I keep checking the mailbox and get bummed out each day they aren't in there. They said something about changing my ticket when they're ready to ship it? They changed the ticket but still haven't debited my account. Ack...

So, what do you do with yours? A gal todl me today that you can emboss with them and you need this tan mat? I got them to just die cut (I think that's what you call it) or use them as "mats". I'm so new to all these "other" things...I've been a SU user for so long, lol...just have ventured out a year ago.

Hugs,
Tanya
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #390  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 490 Likes on 308 Posts
Wink Stamp to spend

some one needs to have an intervention for me:::::::
I am making some cards and altered items....but---over Easter WEekend we traveled to DD2 which took me through a large city with Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby and two large LSS, plus there is a small LSS in DD hometown and I have had items coming in from on-line buying.....I am so in the hole....If I don't buy anything for 6 months it might even out.......But---I have also traded some items I didn't use for items I will use( Giga punches for stamps), (color caddy for stamps) and I have decided that trades don't count cuz I am ridding my stash of items sitting unused and adding items to use but no money is changing hands------RIGHT!!!!!!!! but the totals are becoming scary.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 05:06 AM   #391  
Insane Embellisher

:confused: I need help with the link to sheetload. I went there but do not seem to be able to find all the goodies memtioned in this thread. I find mostly ads to intice me to spend more money. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 05:15 AM   #392  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingdeedeeView Post
:confused: I need help with the link to sheetload. I went there but do not seem to be able to find all the goodies memtioned in this thread. I find mostly ads to intice me to spend more money. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If you look on the left side, there are links to issues of Sheetload. You have to download the files to be able to view them, but it's nice because it's free and gives you the complete recipe, as well as templates for cutting your DP.

What an amazing resource (once you overcome the urge to buy from the sponsors :mrgreen!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 05:17 AM   #393  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

some one needs to have an intervention for me:::::::
I am making some cards and altered items....but---over Easter WEekend we traveled to DD2 which took me through a large city with Michaels, Joanns, Hobby Lobby and two large LSS, plus there is a small LSS in DD hometown and I have had items coming in from on-line buying.....I am so in the hole....If I don't buy anything for 6 months it might even out.......But---I have also traded some items I didn't use for items I will use( Giga punches for stamps), (color caddy for stamps) and I have decided that trades don't count cuz I am ridding my stash of items sitting unused and adding items to use but no money is changing hands------RIGHT!!!!!!!! but the totals are becoming scary.
That's a tough one! I think I'd stock up while the shopping was available, but try to limit my spending to what I really thought I'd use. Then I'd hope the guilt would make me stamp like crazy once back home ;) !

Great job on the trading; I need to weed out my stamps and supplies, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #394  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Jesica thank you for your reponse. I finnaly found the cards and templates. You know I did that late last night but did not see the second download button. I will bookmark this site. TFS!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #395  
Crimping Master

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingdeedeeView Post
Jesica thank you for your reponse. I finnaly found the cards and templates. You know I did that late last night but did not see the second download button. I will bookmark this site. TFS!
I had trouble there as well. Took me a while to figure it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #396  
Pearl-ExPert

Many thanks to c-mouse and PR31!!!!

I was invited to a get-together to stamp and such tomorrow but with the crutches and the leg braces and all that, I did NOT want to go if I had to carry a lot of stuff- and how does one go to a stamping get-together without a lot of stuff?????

With SHEETLOADS!!!!!! I printed out two issues and will assemble just the cardstock and papers I need. By choosing the colors and designs first, I can then just pick a few sets of stamps that will go well with those. Based on the stamp sets, I will only need to take my markers and mister, or maybe a half dozen stamp pads. Add in just a paper cutter and some adhesive and I'm set to go!!!

I already LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sheetloads!

Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #397  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 490 Likes on 308 Posts
Wink stamp to spend

Isn't this site the greatest for helping each other? Glad you are enjoying sheetloads as much as I am. I have most of this weekend to stamp or create and I intend to do just that.....Have a great time at your event.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #398  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Isn't this site the greatest for helping each other? Glad you are enjoying sheetloads as much as I am. I have most of this weekend to stamp or create and I intend to do just that.....Have a great time at your event.
You win the 'Stamping Queen for the Day' award in my book for posting the link to Sheetloads! I spent about an hour gathering materials (most of the time was just choosing DPs amongst the vast selection I have :rolleyes: ) and now I'm off to make 21 cards!! The plan is to make two sets to use as gifts (add envelopes, a beaded pen and tie it up with a pretty ribbon) and still have a few left over for personal use. AND up my total spendable amount in the process!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #399  
Insane Embellisher

C mouse said:
Quote:

I have most of this weekend to stamp or create and I intend to do just that
I am very envious....I have to get the car serviced tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM...come home, jump in the shower, get re-dressed, and drive two hours to a bridal shower....tomorrow night DH and I are going to a sale at the furniture store where we bought our bedroom suite to order the armoire. Sunday we will be out all day....

....no stamping this weekend! During the week, after work, I have to get ready for a swap that I am going to next Saturday...I still don't know what I am going to do for that......

I haven't been home for the past 3 weekends.....all I want is a weekend at home! Sometimes, it feels like it is too much to ask......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #400  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

DD's soccer game was cancelled today, so I whipped out 17 cards using two different issues of Sheetloads. I tweaked the layouts a wee bit to fit the images I wanted to use and added a few embellishments here and there, but overall stuck to the directions. Excellent directions -- the cutting dimensions and material lists were right on the nose!

The plan is to use six of each style card for a gift set; I also stamped matching envelopes, and enclosed them in PTI clear boxes I've been hoarding. The only problem is that I want to include a beaded pen, but found out my supply of those is gone. Should the cost of the pens really count out of my earnings? I've been going back and forth on that decision.

Once the pens are finished, I'll upload photos of the gift sets. I changed the sentiments and images a bit so they don't look mass-produced; I'm kinda proud of them!
Reply With Quote Likes