Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampin' Spots or full-sized Stampin Pads?

What is the best way to go? I have been gradually collecting EE Stampin' Pads and have most of them and a few RR colours as well. I am wondering if you think the stampin' spots are the way to get colours from the colour families you don't use as often or if you just buy the full-sized pads of the colours you like the most?

Renee
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 01:40 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

I think the stampin spots are a great way to start, that way you have access to all of the colors in the color family without the expense of the full size pads. I have the stampin spots and then I am slowly ading the full size pads of the colors I use most often. I think they are a great buy.

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 01:46 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the pads so much better. I'd only get the spots if you think you won't use them much. The spots are a good way to have a variety of colors (and they are more portable) but I much prefer the ink pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 01:46 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I have all the large pads and all the spots except Soft subtles. I use them all. If I am taking a trip I use the spots, If I am alone, I use the spots. When my stamping group is over, or I have a friend over to paly, we use the large pads. I would have stayed with spots and a large black pad, but I couldnt imagine 20 girls usings and fighting over the spots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

I LOVE the Stampin' Spots. I have the BB and plan to buy the others too. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #6  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default pads

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinshauna
I like the pads so much better. I'd only get the spots if you think you won't use them much. The spots are a good way to have a variety of colors (and they are more portable) but I much prefer the ink pads.
My exact thoughts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 01:59 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Stampin Spots vs Classic Pads

Renee:

I think that the Stampin' Spots are the best way to go because you get to have all the colors for a "great price". I am collecting the colors I really like in the classic pads very slowly. I can't afford to get all of them at once. Also my customers fall in love with the "Stampin Spots", they see how versatile they are and how much money is saved when going that route.

Happy Stamping,

Ana Malick ')
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 02:07 PM   #8  
Postapalooza Mama

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm also a HUGE fan of the Stampin' Spots. I started with Soft subtles
and then got the other 3 sets. Great way to have access to all the colors
for not a lot of $$$ initially. I'm gradually getting the classic pads in the
colors I use most. The spots are also GREAT for doing projects on the go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 02:07 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I personally use the spots all the time, the fact of the size make them very accesible and portable, Like to take them everywhere I can stamp. The regular pads I use them only at workshops to show my customers the size and what are they getting. I have all spots and then working to get all the regular size pads as I find what colors I use the most. That's my suggestion as well.

I love to stamp, what a stress reliever!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 02:14 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Just like you, I bought the EE pads and some RRs first. Then I bought BB and SS Spots. I LOVE my Spots. Portable, All Colors for Less, Great for inking big frame stamps. Also my Christmas card used two colors on one big stamp. The spots were perfect for that. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 02:26 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I am a huge fan of the spots. When I first started I bought all four color families and was able to buy more cardstock and stamp sets. I'm intending on purchasing all the full size pads, but I can't seem to stop buying stamps! For now, the spots are totally adequate and they are great when I want to travel and stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 02:39 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Start with the spots. I did this. They are great to have, even once you have bought large pads. They are fabulous if you want to ink only a small portion of the stamp because of their size and shape. And they are great for direct to paper techniques. I think some people believe that once the big pads get there, you won't ever use spots again, but I do.

Get the spots. Then, in the lid of the container, keep a tally of which colors you use the most. Then, buy only those in the larger pads. Then you have all the colors, only the most used ones in the large pads, and you have the spots for travel, or going to stamp at a friend's house, or direct to paper technques.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 02:39 PM   #13  
dal
Kookie Creator

I love the spots. I started with SS and yesterday I got a big box of goodies including the RR and EE spots I ordered! When I have the cash I will get the BB spots too. If I find I am really using a color all the time then I will get it as a full size pad. The spots are also really great if you want to see how you will use colors that you do not normally like. I find I am using all sorts of colors that I would never have thought I would .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

My vote is for the full-size pads. A set of 12 spots is just under half the prize of a set of 12 ink pads, but a spot is MUCH, MUCH smaller than half the size of a regular pad. If you're looking for a way to slowly add to your ink pad collection, you could join a Stamper's 10 club, and buy 3 ink pads a month for 10 months. When your club is over, you'll have 30 ink pads AND during one month you'll be the club hostess and get $15 in free merchandise, which you can put towards three more ink pads. I'd say invest the $21.00 or so, you'd spend on spots into four of your favorite colors in the regular size pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 02:50 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I ordered the spots when I was first getting started, but have gradually been getting the big pads. I actually earned the Bold Brights at my last party. So I am not that far from getting them all. I recommend the spots just so you can see just how much you really use your colors and then gradually work towards the big classic pads. I figure when my friends get together wanting to stamp then I can take my spots and when I am home I can use my big pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I am not a demo so maybe I use my things differently. I have all of the spots and love them for DTP and BG stamps. I think that they are easier to use. Most of the time I find that I stamp in basic black or brown and then color the image so I don't need big stamp pads in every color. I color with PrimaColor pencils, water color pencils, blender pens with chalk, etc. So for me the spots are great. I don't feel I need any of the big stamp pads beyond black and brown. IMHO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I was in the same dilemma last fall and I decided to just get the regular sized pads slowly. I knew I would want them all eventually so I decided not to bother with the spots. Though it was very, very tempting. But I knew that I would use the large pads more because I actually have some "spots" from a store bought brand and I just didn't like using them as well as a regular sized pad. But like someone mentioned, I think the best thing to do is to look at your needs and make your decision from that.

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 03:30 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

I travel a lot w/my supplies. the spots take up so much less space. I like the spots for when I'm designing cards I can see and try colors quickly. when I'm doing a swap or holiday card and need to make lots of cards or a workshop then I like the pads. I hope they come out w/ craft spots soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 03:41 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

I really agonized between getting all 4 sets of spots and getting 2 color families of full-sized pads. I finally decided on the spots, and I've been SO happy with them. I am slowly buying the full-sized pads, but I've found that for most projects the spots are more than sufficent, and I've actually found that I use about 4 colors of each color family for the majority of my stamping. (I've also found a couple of colors I probably will never use, and I'm thrilled to only have the spots of them!) I also love the portability.

Unless you know what colors you want and will use, I'd get the spots.

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 07:10 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you ladies! I am thinking that I will start working on getting those spots. My close friend has them and I am beginning to see the value in having all of the colours at hand. I am not in a position to buy all the full-sized pads right now, so I think this is the way to go. I appreciate having the expertise of all these stampers at my fingertips! I am so glad I found this site and anticipate having many more questions to bring.

Renee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 07:11 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you ladies! I am thinking that I will start working on getting those spots. My close friend has them and I am beginning to see the value in having all of the colours at hand. I am not in a position to buy all the full-sized pads right now, so I think this is the way to go. I appreciate having the expertise of all these stampers at my fingertips! I am so glad I found this site and anticipate having many more questions to bring.

Renee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 07:11 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Renee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 07:23 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Renee
Reply With Quote Likes