Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamping and Beading stores in Brandson?

We are going to Branson and Springfield, Missouri in a couple of weeks and I would love to know if there are any good stamping or beading stores in the area.

Thanks sooo much!:mrgreen:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I would like to know this too.....Dh and I will be going in Sept to Branson for our Bigfoot Owners Club.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I just did a quick yellow pages search and found this store in Branson:
https://www.uniqueimpressionsstamps.com/Home_Page.html

I'm pretty sure there are some in Springfield, too. I'm way up in the middle of the state, so don't get down there very often.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 03:39 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Go to yellowpages.com and do a search for that area (if you search for Springfield, you'll get listings for Branson and surrounding areas). There are several that don't have websites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Unique Impressions on Highway 76 is the only stamping store in the Springfield / Branson area, other than Hobby Lobby and Michaels. They have a really large stamp inventory, and lots of inks, tons of brass templates, embellishments, and lots of scrapbook supplies too.

We have good bead stores in Springfield. Three are close to each other on Glenstone Ave: the Bead Gallery, Touchstone Beads/Tandy Leather, and the Treasure Chest.

Bead Gallery: 1053 S Glenstone, tel. 417-832-9080
Touchstone Beads: 1463 S Glenstone, tel 417-881-0223
Treasure Chest: 1942 S Glenstone (at Sunshine St.), tel 417-823-3800

We also have two good scrapbook stores, one in Springfield and one in Ozark which is between Springfield and Branson. The Springfield store is Scrapbook Generation, and the Ozark store is Forever Memories. If you want more info on these two, let me know.

HTH
Suzy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #6  

Received 280 Likes on 166 Posts

In Branson, Unique Impressions, on Hwy. 76 West, in the Englar Block shopping area, approx. 1.25 miles from the Hwy. 65/76 Junction; one of the most stocked stamping/scrapbooking stores I've shopped in. You can also order online; and if you don't want to hall around your purchases, they will ship them for you to your home. There is another stamping store further west, in a mall, and I'm now thinking maybe a third stamping/scrapbooking store still further west on Hwy. 76. I don't know the names of these stores, and can't describe their exact locations; maybe the tourist stations that have show tickets would also have information on location of these stores.

In Springfield, there are two Hobby Lobby stores, one Michael's, Scrapbook Generation, Target (which has a crafts isle or two), JoAnn's (not currently a superstore, but in process of upgrading), and two or three more scrapbook/stamping stores that I can't remember the name of. There are also quilting and sewing specialty stores, art supply stores, and other hobby and craft stores, and some Christian book stores that may have a few craft supplies. Springfield/Branson are probably the shopping capitals for Southwest Missouri; you're apt to find 'most anything you would want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #7  

I must have been typing while Suzy was posting; maybe she knows of the scrapbook store in Springfield that is near Bass Pro, behind McDonald's. . .I don't remember it's name.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Bonnie,

I'm glad to see your post, I will have to check out the other stamping/scrapping places in Branson besides Unique Impressions.

You're thinking of the Scrapbook Store near Sunshine and Campbell, but unfortunately they went out of business a couple of months ago. We have also lost two other LSS recently: Creations Unlimited that was on Campbell and Battlefield, and our stamp store, Stamper's Studio and Stuff.

We do still have the Scrapbook Cottage in Rogersville, and the Scrap Nook in Bolivar that are also in the area.

Suzy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 04:59 PM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Branson shops

Unique Impressions is really great! They have a make and take on Wednesday afternoons which is fun. Then further west on 76 is a store called Forever Scrapbooks. It is just great. They have lots of stamps, many clear sets, pretty fun paper, and wonderful new punches. There are punches from Tonic that are not terribly expensive and you can get the system that converts them to border stamps. Try that place too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

We vacationed in Branson last summer and when I saw Unique Impressions, I just had to go in. It was really fabulous! They had a ton of stamps and everthing else you could want for stamping, scrapping and papercrafting. I spent quite a bit and had a lot of fun. The lady who was working there was friendly and helpful and it was a really nice store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

There is another store in Branson.. further down the strip and is my FAV!!! I it is on the left hand side and is in a yellow building.. I need to find an email that I have from them if I still have one.. I get them all the time.. I can't remember their name.. Scrapbook something.. they have LOTS of fun stuff.. They have Scrapbook papers, embellishments, punches, brass templates, markers, Sizzix stuff, Stamps, storage.. oh gosh.. and much more!! They got Stickles too!! I bought ten bottles the last time I was there..

I like the other store too, however whenever I would see a sample, they would NEVER have the item in stock and would always offer to order it for me.. which I did one time.. paid for the stamps and shipping.. a month went by and I called and was told they were waiting for me to pay for the stamps before they sent them out.. I still had my receipt and told the lady I had already paid for them and gave the lady the name of the lady that helped me and got my stamps a few days later. They have lots of samples in there.

We were in Springfield a few weeks ago.. I seen the scrapbook store across from Bass Pro Shop had closed down.. there is a Michael's and two Hobby Lobby's.. my favorite Hobby Lobby is the one on the Kansas Expressway. Exit 72 off of I-44. Be sure to print off coupons before you go there... and I think that there is Michael's coupons online too.. I got an email a few days ago from them about a coupon.. or was that last week.. I can't remember.. I am moving from Missouri to North Carolina in less than two weeks, so my brain is a bit frazzled.

happy stamping ~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #12  

Suzy,
Thanks for the info re: the other stores in the area, as well as those that are no longer in business. Creations Unlimited was a really great store, too. Sorry to here those stores are gone.

Jenlast,
Thanks for the info re: Forever Scrapbooks. I hope to travel to Branson at least once this summer. Maybe I'll get to check it out. Oh, and I just remembered that my son told me recently there is a scrapbook store now in the Branson Landing; again, I don't remember the name of it. Anyone else know? Or have been there?

Pam,
Best wishes to you with your move to North Carolina.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 05:55 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

I happened to NOTICE a stamping store in Branson when I was there a few years ago on vacation. It looked kinda like it was in a little strip mall on the edge of the road and it was kinda like a dark wood (log cabin-ish) type of building. Perhaps this was it. I was impressed with their stamps as they had quite a big collection and also remember the embossing area was quite large. I bought a few Darcie stamps there at the time.

Kerry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks so Much!!!! This will be fun. I love to shop on vacation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

We just got back from Branson. Unique Impression's is a very fun store to go in. When I was in there she asked if I had my camera because I could take picture's of their demo card's, and remember how to make them. Very nice people. They also have a couch and TV for the men to sit on while the women shop.

Also down the strip (76) there is a store called "Scrapbooks Forever". It's a small place but, packed with lots of goodies. They have die-cut titile's for all the thing's you can do in Branson also lots of paper for Silver Dollar City, Titanic, and some of the major attraction's. They don't stay open as long as the other store's do so go in the afternoon if you can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 03:01 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I just got back from Branson today. I've been there several times over the last ten years but hadn't been there for the last two years. I always go to Unique Impressions but this time I was a little disappointed. They had re-done the way they organize their stamps and it just didn't seem like they had nearly as many stamps as they used to carry. They had several card samples but they all seemed like the same samples I have seen in the past. It could just be that I've been there so many times and bought so much stuff that I'm being more selective now. In the past I've been able to spend 2 to 3 hours there easily and this trip I was ready to leave after less than an hour. Does anyone know if they're under new ownership?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampadiktView Post
I just got back from Branson today. I've been there several times over the last ten years but hadn't been there for the last two years. I always go to Unique Impressions but this time I was a little disappointed. They had re-done the way they organize their stamps and it just didn't seem like they had nearly as many stamps as they used to carry. They had several card samples but they all seemed like the same samples I have seen in the past. It could just be that I've been there so many times and bought so much stuff that I'm being more selective now. In the past I've been able to spend 2 to 3 hours there easily and this trip I was ready to leave after less than an hour. Does anyone know if they're under new ownership?
I was just in Branson last week, and I was a little disappointed with Unique Impression's new store layout, as well. I know they put a lot of time into that reorganization, but it was hard for me to find anything and I left without purchasing (never did that before!). I couldn't figure out if it was truly the new layout or my resistance to change since we are there several times a year, and I knew my way around the old layout. That said, it is the largest stamp store that I have ever been in, and they have tons of wonderful companies in their inventory. Well worth the stop, if you are in town. I did ask someone behind the counter last December, and I think the store had changed ownership but that it stayed in the family.

Scrapbook Heaven is the store that I always go to when we hit Branson. Their embellishments selection is wonderful...Ironically, they redid their layout over the winter, too. Mainly from what I could remember, they gave up some classroom space to accommodate MORE STAMPS! The embellishment line here is extensive and they carry my favorites: Petaloo, Prima, Ranger, foofala (sp?) and my newest love KAISER SCRAPBOOK embellishments.

Hmmm, just a thought, you might be best served to send the men-folk in your travel party to the Branson Landing to check out Bass Pro while you want to wander through these two stores. ;) They are both good!

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

And while you're in Branson, you can go see Jason Yeager, who was in top 20 of American Idol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_mommaView Post
I was just in Branson last week, and I was a little disappointed with Unique Impression's new store layout, as well. I know they put a lot of time into that reorganization, but it was hard for me to find anything and I left without purchasing (never did that before!). I couldn't figure out if it was truly the new layout or my resistance to change since we are there several times a year, and I knew my way around the old layout. That said, it is the largest stamp store that I have ever been in, and they have tons of wonderful companies in their inventory. Well worth the stop, if you are in town. I did ask someone behind the counter last December, and I think the store had changed ownership but that it stayed in the family.

Scrapbook Heaven is the store that I always go to when we hit Branson. Their embellishments selection is wonderful...Ironically, they redid their layout over the winter, too. Mainly from what I could remember, they gave up some classroom space to accommodate MORE STAMPS! The embellishment line here is extensive and they carry my favorites: Petaloo, Prima, Ranger, foofala (sp?) and my newest love KAISER SCRAPBOOK embellishments.

Hmmm, just a thought, you might be best served to send the men-folk in your travel party to the Branson Landing to check out Bass Pro while you want to wander through these two stores. ;) They are both good!
Sounds like I need to make a little trip next time we're in Joplin! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 05:10 PM   #20  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
Sounds like I need to make a little trip next time we're in Joplin! :mrgreen:
Let me know when that happens.... ;)

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

You know I will, girl!
Reply With Quote Likes