Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2005, 08:08 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamping on Walls AND/OR Fabric

Have any of you stamped on walls AND/OR fabric?

I had a customer ask me about this and unfortunately, I have not had experience in either.

She wanted to know if the CRAFT pads were the best things to use. Does it fade over time?

If you stamp on clothes, are there any special washing instructions?

Thanks so much for your help!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 08:38 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

I have stamped on walls, and I love it! It is so easy. I don't think Craft pads are recommended because ink is hard to paint over, but have heard conflicting info on this. I used acrylic paints and applied them to my stamps with a foam brush. It went really fast and turned out really cute. (I used Crayon kids) Hope that helps!
Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 08:56 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Default stamping on walls/and or fabric

I do both and I have used both craft and stazon inks! I have not kept anything I have done so I can't answer about if it fades over time. I think
I learned a lesson that you can use stazon on fabric but if you dont heat set it and you sweat- it bleeds! HA-HA my kids were wearing their 4th of July t-shirts and it was extremely hot after we got out of the airconditioning car and walked across the street I noticed the bleeding on my daughter's shirt- I was like OMG-Oh well it was a good laugh!
Washing will probably fade over time!
Good luck- I guess it is the trial and error thing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 10:15 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

I have stamped on walls. I, too use acrylic paints and just brush them onto the stamp with a foam brush. I played with the thickness of the paint a little (add a tiny bit of water) and brush it on very smoothly. The best part is, if the image on the wall doesn't come out right at first, you simply wipe it off (while still wet) with a wet rag.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 11:05 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I have stamped a lot on fabric and walls.

First, I have a lot of wall stamping in my gallery:

JojoBallard's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

I think they are mostly on page 3, and maybe a few on page 2.

When stamping on walls, the easiest thing is to use the acrylic craft paints like Delta Ceramcoat or similar paint. There is no need to seal the stamping or do anything special. When we moved out of a house I had stamped in, we painted the walls for renters. It only took one coat of primer and one coat of white paint to cover even really dark colors. SU didn't recommend stamping on walls with Craft Pads because they're really hard to paint over later because they are not water based.

For fabric, I would recommend using acrylic craft paints mixed with textile medium. You can buy the TM at any craft store. I have purchased it at Michaels. The bottle will tell you what ratio to mix the paint and TM.

The advantages to paint/TM on fabric is that the stamping does not peel or crack like it would if you used straight paint. The advantage over SU Craft Pads is that it will not fade with repeated washings. Also, you can get unlimited colors. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM.

HTH

Heidi

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 11:33 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi! I recently stamped the walls in my sister's baby room. I just used acryllic paint. I filled a square tauperware container with about a 1/4" of the paint and then soaked white felt in it to create a sort of stamp pad. After a couple pats with the stamp it was evenly coated. And it was really great that if it didn't come out how I liked it on the wall I could use a damp cloth and immediately wipe it off! It was lots of fun and I highly recommend it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 11:41 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

SU! used to sell Fabrico (I think they're now called Versacraft) markers and pads for stamping on fabric, but I guess they didn't make it into this year's catalog.
http://www.tsukineko.com/store/cart....duct_list&c=26
I haven't used them myself, but my mom was looking into stamping on fabric and so I'd researched it a little for her.

Good luck!

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 02:59 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I LOVE to use the craft pads on the walls. I've done both. The craft pads are so much faster, easier and less messy. I don't really care that it may be a little harder to paint over (how much harder could it be?). I have done my kitchen, my grandma's kitchen, and my neighbors bedroom all with craft and it works great!!! Heat set it when you are done. The only time I would use paint is if I needed colors that aren't in the craft pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 03:00 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I LOVE to use the craft pads on the walls. I've done both. The craft pads are so much faster, easier and less messy. I don't really care that it may be a little harder to paint over (how much harder could it be?). I have done my kitchen, my grandma's kitchen, and my neighbors bedroom all with craft and it works great!!! Heat set it when you are done. The only time I would use paint is if I needed colors that aren't in the craft pads.
Reply With Quote Likes