Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Storage ideas for stamp stuff

I am really serious this time about organizing my (tons of) stamping stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions of websites that offer crafting furniture? I have looked locally at some furniture stores and found some beautiful items but I don't want to get it home and discover that it really doesn't work for my purpose.

We move often so I also would like a degree of portability. I also prefer doors to open shelving (like to be able to close the doors on a not-so-organized space). Of course, the 100+ stamp sets presents it's own issues.

Thanks for any help!!

Heather Watt
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 12:37 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have looked into several inexpensive ways to re-do when we move.
I came up with this.

2 - 2 drawer file cabimets hold my desk top now, so I would still use them, but add a wood panel across the front to cover them. Behing me would be 2 - 6' tall cabinets full of shelves with doors. Between them is a dresser with 4 wide drawrs.

This is all in the closet area of Home Depot. The cabinets are $89.00 to $109.00 depending on the door style and # of extraa shelves. The dresser was $69.00 for one heigth and $89.00 for another. This is pre-fabricated, but put it together yourself. White Laminate. It could be just a easy to take it apart and move it.

HTH

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 12:53 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just saw modular shelving units at Target... most were 24.99 for two shelves that would fit 12x12 paper - I think there was a desktop too.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 02:28 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I originally was planning on buying the store in style storage solution but I knew I was going to have to take my time due to the prices ($900+ for what I want). Then I found the cubes at Target. They are smaller and there are less options but I can manage) I'm putting together my desk and 10 cubes for supply storage. I am buying two additional white two door cabinets for $39.99 each also from Target. All together it will be less then $500. I'll let you know this weekend how it went.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 02:33 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinscrapind
I originally was planning on buying the store in style storage solution but I knew I was going to have to take my time due to the prices ($900+ for what I want). Then I found the cubes at Target. They are smaller and there are less options but I can manage) I'm putting together my desk and 10 cubes for supply storage. I am buying two additional white two door cabinets for $39.99 each also from Target. All together it will be less then $500. I'll let you know this weekend how it went.
Be sure to post pictures!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2006, 02:40 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happystamper19
I am really serious this time about organizing my (tons of) stamping stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions of websites that offer crafting furniture? I have looked locally at some furniture stores and found some beautiful items but I don't want to get it home and discover that it really doesn't work for my purpose.

We move often so I also would like a degree of portability. I also prefer doors to open shelving (like to be able to close the doors on a not-so-organized space). Of course, the 100+ stamp sets presents it's own issues.

Thanks for any help!!

Heather Watt

Heather I use Old Computer Desk for stampingn and holding Stamps and supplies.
One of them I got for FREE and the one I paid $5.00 at a garage sale.
I have a old Chest with a fold down top...That was FREE too.
I have a wood bench that I use for my cutting and other storage. This came with the Area.
It was my Dh workbench before I took over the area.
Many of my things were Free or I paid very little for them.
It's totally up to you if you want to spend a bunch of money on your Storage holders

I also have some Iris Carts....That hold extra Fiber and ribbon....A little bit of everything else.
Rubber maid totes, I also have a Paper holder that I got from Sams Club for $15.00 on sale.
It will hold a lot of paper.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

What a bunch of great ideas! Thanks!! I spent a great deal of time last night measuring and taking all of your ideas into consideration. I think I have a plan. Now to implement it! I hope it doesn't take too long-I have cards to make!

Heather
Reply With Quote Likes