Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-15-2006, 06:26 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage solutions.

I want to start a thread with storage solutions.for everyone unless there is 1 already.

lets start by of course the cheapest storage solution s what products or homeade items have you used or bought to put stamppin supplies in to save money. wether it's paper.embossing powders.scissors,wheels,single stamps,

I use clear plastic shoe rack that hangs on the back of a door.I nailed in on my wall it has about 30 places to hold shoes in it.I use it for all kind of tools.like punches,big and small,spray cans that I don't want my little ones to reach I put on the top pockets,scissors,adhesive,cord,eyelets tools,wire tools,cm square punches,pop up dot boxes,

you can't believe how many different things these will hold,and since they are clear and see through you can see everything and right where it is all the time.

I also bought the clear see through boxes in the fishing section that you keep fishing lures in it has all these little individual boxes.I use this for my bobbin ribbon that I buy from micheal's they fit in perfect.and they are dust
free.

Oriental trading sells 2 boxes of the empty tic tac containers that you can store beads and little eyelets in.so no more opening up those memory makers containers the wrong way anymore and having pieces all over the place becuase it was upside down when you opened it.the tic tac containers are perfect for these.

I bought one of those accordian folder boxes that you use for your monthly bills once they have been paid already. I use 2 of these 1 for colored printed paper and 1 fpr my solid colored scraps paper.they each have thier own section so it's much easier to find a scrap piece of paper when you need it.I also labeled the top with a maker and taper it to each section so when I open the container and need a piece from a certain color family it's labeled what color is it that section.then you don't have to look into each section you can see right where they are.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 06:33 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I love the idea for using the shoe storage thing! I will have to try that out. My office is quite small at home, and I am trying to figure out where to put everything so it's at my finger tips.

I'm sure I will get many good ideas from this thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 07:04 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Default Storage solutions

I have many of my stamps (not the SU sets, or Hero Sets) stored in medium size pizza boxes. I bought them at the pizza place for about 40 cents ea.
I wrote what is in them on the end, flowers, animals, Christmas, wedding/love/anniversary, etc.
They stack nicely in the top of my closet, and it was the most inexpensive solution for me.
A friend showed me to use Pringles cans for the small wheels.
Stamp a sheet of paper with the designs and tape it on the outside.
Free solution to a storage problem, and you can see immediately which wheel is in the can.
Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 07:06 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I want to add a couple more. I use fishing tackle boxes to store my twinkling H2 O's and also for the SU stampin spots. Very handy for me.
My husband is a fisherman, and I frequently raid his stash.
I also have a soft side tackle box that holds 4 storage boxes. Very neat and handy for me. Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 07:52 AM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Those tic tac container thingies are also sold in the beading section at Wal-mrt. I picked up a set of 16 disposable ramekin-type things (on the shelf right next to the tic tac type containers) that I store larger embellishments in and will also use for embossing powder and glitters. 16 containers for $3.50 Cdn!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 08:09 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I also use the tackle box for brads and eyelets.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 08:17 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

thanks for the info I might just be going to walmart tomorrow now to see if our stores carries any of them ,thanks for the info.It will save me on shipping now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 08:39 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I use my DH's shoe boxes to store my CS in vertically. Works great for me (as he wears a size 11 1/2 shoe) and it's free!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 08:51 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I store my small embellishments in clear stacking pill containers that I got at the dollar store. Each section screws into the one above it. I can stack 2 or 20 together. Works great and best of all it was cheap cheap cheap. That way I can spend more money on stamps and the good stuff.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 08:59 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Talking

For traveling with my stamping stuff, I use a rolling tool box. It has lots of little compartments on top as well as a kinda flat front container that has lots of little places for things. The top comes off and I can put that on the table if I want to, and both sections have trays in them that are great for ribbon, scissors, etc. It's a lot cheaper than a scrappin' tote, and I think it's much more efficient. I think I got mine at Lowe's for $25. If you get one, though, get one where the axle for the wheels goes all the way through, wheels that snap on will pop off or bow if you put too much stuff in it...which I do!!

When words fail, Music speaks.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 09:06 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use a Caboodles make-up organizer that I've had since I was 13 when I go somewhere else to stamp and need to take some supplies with me.

I also recycled a pretty glass jar that had salsa in it and that is where I put my scissors, hand held punches and pens.

I also use a couple plastic organizers that I got at the dollar store for eyelets/brads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 10:09 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

small glass jars, never thought of that I can use 1 for my stipple brushes.do you decorate them at all or cover them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 11:16 AM   #13  
Glitter Queen

one of my great finds was in the kitchen department at wal-mart, i found a kitchen utensil holder for under $4, great for sissors, brushes, markers, ect...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #14  
Glitter Guru

staples also carries a great holder for all kinds of little tools like glue sticks.pens,markers,any kind of long tool.scissors,the extra little blades like the scoring blades,it has some small spaces for those little items and bigger spaces for those tall and longer tools and ooohh did I tell you it on a turntable too.I have 2 of them I used to use them when I was CM DEMO.I would bring them with me to classes and it stores so much for me all my pens,tape runners,so much for such a compact container.
I think I only paid around 7 dollars for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 02:07 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stamp in a bedroom closet. Storage is a *big* deal. I found some wonderful containers at Wal-Mart. They are Lock-N-Lock. The lids are water tight. I have quite a few of them to hold all types of supplies. I found wonderful frosted plastic (like the Karen Foster Snap-n-Scrap) that hold half sheets of card stock, layer papers and mat packs. I do this because I have shelves to put my things on and have used wire with coating, pantry shelves to double my space.

My pads are in CD stroage cases across the back of my desk. Crates under my desk hold my papers in vertical string folders. The crates are on file cabinet rollers.

My UM stamps are in 6 x 9 catalog enves cut in half and stored in Karen Foster Snap-nScrap photo boxes.

My SU are all in cases as are any other M stamps. I store then all in cases.

I use a kitchen utensil spinner to hold my heat gun, pens, glasses, scissors and brushes.

I made a small display board with fabric and ribbon to hold and show off cards from my friends.

I have a Iris cart to the side and my folding table is behind it.

All of this and more, in a standard bedroom closet!

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 02:34 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa62
small glass jars, never thought of that I can use 1 for my stipple brushes.do you decorate them at all or cover them.
No, I didn't bother decorating them...I liked how they looked with the raised glass on them, so I left them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 03:55 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Does anyone have the cubes from scrapbook solutions? I'm considering making these a part of my life, but would love feedback from anyone who has them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 04:11 PM   #18  
Forum Fanatic

I have the costco version of those cubes. I like them, they are quite sturdy so long as you don't try to move them around when they're fully loaded. They are a ***ch to put together, though, fitting the wire sides into those weird little knobs, so either be prepared to take a little extra time, or have someone bigger and stronger around who can do it for you! I make my DH put them together when we move -- I'm so mean!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 04:15 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Ooh! Thanks for the feedback. Off to check the costco website. Fortunately, it makes DH feel manly to put stuff like that together. Feel free, hubbykins. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 04:21 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

i use baby food jars for small embellisments. You can paint the lids to make them all look uniform and cute and stack them on a spice rack or have the lids attached to the underside of a shelf so your jars are sort of "hanging" from the shelf... clear as mud, right? I got the idea from a scrapbooking magazine I think.
Isaiah 40:31
check this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

Default love this vertical storage

Quote:

Originally Posted by trefoil
Does anyone have the cubes from scrapbook solutions? I'm considering making these a part of my life, but would love feedback from anyone who has them.

I bought this vertical storage, and LOVE it, for my patterned papers, (as I have so many papers with scrapping and stamping)and taped themes on each shelf. Now when I come home from the store it's
easy to put the papers away, and get into easy enough. It needs to be
put together and gets hard for artheritic fingers, so allow enough time to work on putting it together. Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

Does anyone have any special ideas for storing die cuts, with organization in mind. I don't have any die cut system or equipment, but take advantage of
the equipment at the scrap stores and need to organize it. I thought about cd cases, but that would probably put a dent into the die cuts, any suggestions Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 04:58 PM   #23  
Inking Addict

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to let you know about a new company called Memory Dock. I've looked through their catalog and I just LOVE the look of there storage solutions. They seem to be a bit pricy, but I have seen and felt the products in person and have felt that they will last a very long time. If anyone is interested, the website is www.memorydock.com.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 05:17 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks, Carolyn! That's my top choice for paper storage right now. I'm planning to move my growing collection of stamping stuff to a different room in our house and I'm still deciding how to organize everything/make it fit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 05:23 PM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

Carolyn,

I have a plastic accordian file I got at Staples for $4.00. It has a snap fastener and has 12 tabed slots I put my die cuts in! Works like a champ. It is about 4 1/2" x 6".

HTH

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2006, 02:15 AM   #26  
Glitter Guru

I have small plastic containers with little compartments I bought at local stores to put my little punchies in and diecuts.and each 1 is for a theme.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2006, 06:30 AM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Thanks, Carolyn! That's my top choice for paper storage right now. I'm planning to move my growing collection of stamping stuff to a different room in our house and I'm still deciding how to organize everything/make it fit.

too funny Christine, I have almost finished moving my scrapping items to the
basement and my stamping stuff to my daughters bedroom, because I have too much stuff and it was overwhelming, but at least I will find items easier now. funny thing is, I should be downsizing instead as retirement isn't far off,
oh well, at least I'm not bored, but Heaven Help Me if someday we have to move out of a two story home.

Thanks gals for the ideas shared on organizing die cuts, I know it has to be done by "themed" catagories Have a great day Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2006, 07:08 AM   #28  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Ooh! Thanks for the feedback. Off to check the costco website. Fortunately, it makes DH feel manly to put stuff like that together. Feel free, hubbykins. :lol:
Just so you know, the Costco version doesn't come with extra wire squares for paper storage. Folks generally buy two of them, make the base unit of four large 13x13 cubes, and then attach the squares from the second unit as shelves and hang them with zip ties. I don't know if that is more economical than the "proper" version you found or not. But I can definitely vouch for the sturdiness of the structure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2006, 07:09 AM   #29  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by tialfort00
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to let you know about a new company called Memory Dock.
Thanks for the link! I must be tired, because I took a quick peek at the website and keep reading "Memory Dork" instead. Memory dorks unite!
Reply With Quote Likes