Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #121  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

A friend has a Creative Memories punch that is the perfect size, so I just borrowed hers to punch out dp...It's a double hexagon punch and is not an easy thing to use, so I am still on the search but it will do for now. I just don't want to hand cut them. I did that for four cards and it takes too long. Oh, I've become so spoiled haven't I? LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #122  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmaker2View Post
I bet the goal is for everyone to buy the bigger punch just because, and then come out with a smaller one that fits the folder so you 'have' to buy it too.

Or is that me being a bit cynical?
Oh, I hope so!!! I would love to have layered hexagons!
"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #123  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I got mine today in the mail! I think I might have to join..

I LOVE the catalog!!!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #124  
Proud Fan Club Member

While I already saw it online, I get a copy in my hands on Monday! Cannot wait!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #125  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine arrives Friday, along with 28 lbs of stuff like catalogs and new toys for me. That is one heavy box I can't wait to pick up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #126  
Kookie Creator

Received 282 Likes on 101 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
sounds like you're ready to pick out your starter kit. you currently get an extra $30 in it ($155 for only $99). ;) :p
Only if you're prepared to spend $1200 a year on SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #127  
Kookie Creator

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furph's wifeView Post
I think some of the new colors look very similar to some old colors
blushing Bride looks like Rose Romance, Crisp Cantaloupe looks like a deeper Blush Blossom, Pistachio Pudding looks like Gable Green, Soft Sky looks like Bliss Blue & Smoky Slate looks like pale plum. Guess I would have to see what they look like in person, but I am still using up all of my old stuff first!
For those of us who have been looking at the catalog for more than 10 years, we see a lot of repetition. SU is notorious for "retiring" things and then 2 or 3 years later bringing them back with slight tweaks and pretending the item is all new. I could name many stamp sets that are near replicas of what they "retired" a few years ago. When they do this, they are targeting their poor demos who think they have to show the NEW items to sell anything. They do not want to demo with retired or old merchandise. But what they don't realize (especially the new demos) is that the wise consumer is saying to herself: "I have a zoo animals set that I like. I don't need this one. I have a baby handprints set that I like. I don't need this one." The new demos who don't know about all of the old sets, can't understand why anyone wouldn't buy these cute "NEW" sets. The answer to this is simple: we already bought them years ago and we are still using them. So some people come to a demo's workshop to see how she is using the stamps in new ways, buy nothing, and go home and use her ideas. Even the "NEW" colors are the same old ones with slight tweaks. The trick is to get the old faithful customers excited about the new accessories.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #128  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by KgeansView Post
Only if you're prepared to spend $1200 a year on SU.
BUT if you are already doing that then it just makes sense. And you can always get the kit just to get what you want out of the new catalog and drop. There is options! For me, I was spending the minimums so it just made sense to sign up :-)

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #129  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeeGeeDeeView Post
I'm curious how the "too large" punch would look if it were popped up (using a dimensional or similar foam adhesive) atop an embossed hexagon. How much would it overlap the neighboring hexagons?
I'm wondering about this one, too. I like the stamp set and punch, so I'll likely buy it regardless, but I love to get punches that coordinate with more than just one stamp set so I can 1) justify the $$ spent and 2) justify the space it'll take up in my tiny 600 sq foot apartment!

I can imagine a lovely honeycomb embossed solid card with a few popped, patterned hexagons in the corners...wonderful if it's possible!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #130  
Insane Embellisher

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Kgeans message was very true about the new catalog. I was really hoping this years catalog would be very different. Some really cute Kids and Baby stamps & paper. A really great and versatile Masculine set. I love Stampin Up products and am very loyal . This year I may try some one else's product too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #131  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
BUT if you are already doing that then it just makes sense. And you can always get the kit just to get what you want out of the new catalog and drop. There is options! For me, I was spending the minimums so it just made sense to sign up :-)
People can barely put food on the table, and then they have to pony up $100 a month for craft supplies? Is that even realistic?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #132  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

People can barely put food on the table, and then they have to pony up $100 a month for craft supplies? Is that even realistic?
Huh? I'm not really sure I understand. No one should be buying fun stuff because there are poor people in the world?

Obviously I'm not advocating anyone to sign up who can't afford it. Wow, sorry I didn't mean of offend anyone.

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #133  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

For those of us who have been looking at the catalog for more than 10 years, we see a lot of repetition. SU is notorious for "retiring" things and then 2 or 3 years later bringing them back with slight tweaks and pretending the item is all new. I could name many stamp sets that are near replicas of what they "retired" a few years ago. When they do this, they are targeting their poor demos who think they have to show the NEW items to sell anything. They do not want to demo with retired or old merchandise. But what they don't realize (especially the new demos) is that the wise consumer is saying to herself: "I have a zoo animals set that I like. I don't need this one. I have a baby handprints set that I like. I don't need this one." The new demos who don't know about all of the old sets, can't understand why anyone wouldn't buy these cute "NEW" sets. The answer to this is simple: we already bought them years ago and we are still using them. So some people come to a demo's workshop to see how she is using the stamps in new ways, buy nothing, and go home and use her ideas. Even the "NEW" colors are the same old ones with slight tweaks. The trick is to get the old faithful customers excited about the new accessories.

NOT everyone has been buying for 10 years or more.

You may have all the stamp set's you wish to buy. That totally fine.

Joining up is a personal thing. If you can't afford to keep up with the sales requirements. I would say Don't join! Having a New catalog come out every year or 6 months puts one in a Creative Mood! Well it least it does for me.

I really enjoy seeing new stuff. Ways to use it.

Personally your statement above could apply to other companies as well.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #134  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Huh? I'm not really sure I understand. No one should be buying fun stuff because there are poor people in the world?

Obviously I'm not advocating anyone to sign up who can't afford it. Wow, sorry I didn't mean of offend anyone.
I'm with you Minders. I spend more than that each month anyway so I figured I would sign up and get more bang for my buck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #135  

Received 826 Likes on 336 Posts

When I signed up to be a demo last year I only intended to join for the $150 worth for $99. I thought I'd drop in a month or so cause I couldn't meet the minimums. However, some of my blog followers ordered from me, and after holding some classes, I've gained some more customers:-) I have been been able to earn some $ too :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #136  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post

Joining up is a personal thing. If you can't afford to keep up with the sales requirements. I would say Don't join! Having a New catalog come out every year or 6 months puts one in a Creative Mood! Well it least it does for me.

Yeah, I was a demo for 3 years and held 8-10 workshops a month. I recruited heavily and had a good-sized downline. I made my minimums and got a TON of free stuff. I stocked my scrapbook room full of more stuff than I could ever use in 12 lifetimes. Then I quit. I'm set!

It's a good way to stock up, but you have to afford starting, realize you make ZERO money doing this, and know when to quit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #137  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Yeah, I was a demo for 3 years and held 8-10 workshops a month. I recruited heavily and had a good-sized downline. I made my minimums and got a TON of free stuff. I stocked my scrapbook room full of more stuff than I could ever use in 12 lifetimes. Then I quit. I'm set!

It's a good way to stock up, but you have to afford starting, realize you make ZERO money doing this, and know when to quit.
Every time you had a workshop and made a sale to someone else- you made money. You just chose to "reinvest" it. A person can make money at selling for any company- and if you work at it you can make a living.

Check my blog :http://www.ddstamps.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #138  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 520 Likes on 234 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingoladyView Post
Can anyone tell me if the stamp set Secret Garden from the spring mini made it into the catalog? If not, I only have a few more weeks to get it. I've seen so many cool things made with it. Thanks.
I didn't see anyone answer your question...but yes, it did.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 05:03 AM   #139  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I completely agree with you on this cause that is pretty much what I have been doing with my stamps! ;) I haven't bought anything new SU in a few years and just recently got the catalog just in time for the new one to come out. I have really been trying to use up what I have first. However there are a few sets I wish I got when they were out like Inspired By Nature and a few others, but it's all good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #140  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post

I completely understand what she was saying in her comment. Which was quoting what I first wrote that "from what I saw a lot of the new colors look a lot like the old colors" For me personally I have a lot of the older colors and I really need to use up what I have first. I do think there are a lot of similar stamp sets, or you can do things with what you have once you have built up your stash. However I do also agree that catalogs and supplies need updating often. For me I have always looked at how versatile a stamp set is or is a one time or limited use set. But that is just me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #141  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddstampsView Post
Every time you had a workshop and made a sale to someone else- you made money. You just chose to "reinvest" it. A person can make money at selling for any company- and if you work at it you can make a living.
That is not necessarily always true. I signed up and did it for several months.(not years cause I figured it quickly) What noone tells you is how much you do put into it and all of the behind the scenes the cold calls and all of that crap in order to get out there and make money. But you do have to reinvest to keep up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #142  
Proud Fan Club Member

I buy almost exclusively SU! products. I like the fact that I can color coordinate and they seem to carry things I like. That being said, I've learned to pick and choose now what I purchase. I don't have to have every color ink pad that comes out (although I buy all the in color markers as they come). It's the same with shopping in stores. I used to use a coupon whenever I went out, and now, if I don't need it or really really really love it, I don't buy it, even if I do have a coupon. I usually hand the coupon to someone as I go out the door on those occasions. I think the longer you go in cardmaking, the smarter you get. And the less wasteful you will become. Kind of like maturing from infancy...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #143  
Hardware Hotshot

If I were to make a wild guess, I think that SU has a well researched marketing strategy regarding their catalogs and releases. The big IBC (is it even called that anymore?) tends to be marketed to the new stamper, and it's the tool that's used at workshops to lure the new buyer and first timer. What appears "repetitive" to the experienced stamper looking at the catty is what is being marketed as "tried and true" to the future stamper and buyer. Experienced stampers will use the big catty to order the new In Colors and supplies, but will wait for the mini catalogs for the truly "new" product. The minis can offer trendy items, making them more appealing to the stamping crowd.

Does that make sense, or was that as clear as mud?

I just don't know how SU can stay competitive in some products, like the new SU versions of SMASH books and Simple Stories SNAP albums. I understand that many folks do not have an Archivers nearby, but just about everyone in the US has a Target, and a lot of those products are sold there cheaper, and with no shipping and handling to ratchet up the price. Perhaps these sell well in SU's foreign market, but no way would I buy from them while living here in the US.

That being said, I thought a few products like Gingham Garden were very sweet, and I always love their colors and accessories. I just wish they sold their cardstock in heavy weight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #144  
Kookie Creator

would love a look at the new catty if someone would to PM me.

Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #145  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
If I were to make a wild guess, I think that SU has a well researched marketing strategy regarding their catalogs and releases. The big IBC (is it even called that anymore?) tends to be marketed to the new stamper, and it's the tool that's used at workshops to lure the new buyer and first timer. What appears "repetitive" to the experienced stamper looking at the catty is what is being marketed as "tried and true" to the future stamper and buyer. Experienced stampers will use the big catty to order the new In Colors and supplies, but will wait for the mini catalogs for the truly "new" product. The minis can offer trendy items, making them more appealing to the stamping crowd.

Does that make sense, or was that as clear as mud?

I just don't know how SU can stay competitive in some products, like the new SU versions of SMASH books and Simple Stories SNAP albums. I understand that many folks do not have an Archivers nearby, but just about everyone in the US has a Target, and a lot of those products are sold there cheaper, and with no shipping and handling to ratchet up the price. Perhaps these sell well in SU's foreign market, but no way would I buy from them while living here in the US.

That being said, I thought a few products like Gingham Garden were very sweet, and I always love their colors and accessories. I just wish they sold their cardstock in heavy weight!
I thought the same thing about SU's version of smash! Even Wal-mart carries smash books!

I loved your insightful explanation of SU's possible marketing strategy! I am a faithful, die-hard SU fan, but I love these little debates. I get way too overwhelmed choosing from lots of companies, I love my group of SU friends I stamp with....it feels like a grown up version of clubs we had as kids!

I do buy about 10% non SU. But SU is my first love. That said, I am ordering some Lawn Fawn stamps as soon as I have some extra $$$$$. I don't think any single company can do it all. Each company has it's own style and that creates limitations and that's okay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #146  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey'sgirlView Post
would love a look at the new catty if someone would to PM me.

Thank you in advance
Me too! Can't wait to see it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #147  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

It was really tough. I would design special projects (1-2 hours). I would purchase all the supplies $$$$$$$$$. I would cut all the cardstock and materials (1-2 hours). I had to hire a babysitter for 4pm to 11pm ($70). I drove from Sturgis, Michigan to South Bend, Indiana (because my town was too small to generate good business). That drive took me an hour and cost $20 in gas. I got there at 5pm. I set up. The party was at 6pm. I never wanted to rush a hostess. She chatted with her friends and served snacks. Then I did my sales pitch at around 7pm. Then they stamped until 9pm. Then they ordered. Then I sat down the hostess and squared away all the paperwork. Got in my car by 10pm and home by 11pm. Then I had to enter the workshop orders into the computer. Typically, it was a $150-$200 party. My commission on that was 20% or $40.

Let's look hard at the numbers:
Hours spent: 12
$ spent to execute: $120
$ earned: $40
Total Loss: -$80

Even a minimum wage job would earn $87 rather than $40.
The goldmine is in the FREE stuff demos get.
I was working for that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #148  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I honestly have come to understand that getting into this kind of sales doesn't really pay off in dollars and cents so much as it was a way to get product I love at a discount. I tried selling with another company after I was told "it will sell itself" hahaha & I'm not a sales person so I really wanted to believe that. I feel your pain for putting in all the hours only to end up in the red!
That being said, I've come to really like SU's products. I've not been purchasing their things for very long but what I do know, is there is not one company without flaws no matter who they are. After all flawed humans are running them!! Maybe I'll grow tired of them some day, but for now I'm loving what they're offering
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #149  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

It was really tough. I would design special projects (1-2 hours). I would purchase all the supplies $$$$$$$$$. I would cut all the cardstock and materials (1-2 hours). I had to hire a babysitter for 4pm to 11pm ($70). I drove from Sturgis, Michigan to South Bend, Indiana (because my town was too small to generate good business). That drive took me an hour and cost $20 in gas. I got there at 5pm. I set up. The party was at 6pm. I never wanted to rush a hostess. She chatted with her friends and served snacks. Then I did my sales pitch at around 7pm. Then they stamped until 9pm. Then they ordered. Then I sat down the hostess and squared away all the paperwork. Got in my car by 10pm and home by 11pm. Then I had to enter the workshop orders into the computer. Typically, it was a $150-$200 party. My commission on that was 20% or $40.

I was working for that.
As a newish demo, part of the appeal to me is that you can run your business in a number of ways.

I have never held an event.

I have never made a cold call.

I have stayed active and promoted once and recruited once in the 8 months since I joined, between my own orders (and I don't feel pressured to order one of everything), orders from some friends, and customers I've found online. If I do have an event this year, I can display cards I've received in swaps from my demo team rather than feeling like I need to buy it all and make my own, and really focus on using products in the stamp-a-stacks that I purchased for my own use and love.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #150  

Received 826 Likes on 336 Posts

Quote:

I was working for that.
You said your town was too small to generate good business, I think that has a lot to do with a demo's success. I live in a small town too, I am making my minimums but I don't think I'll ever earn many promotions or trips. I can't imagine ever being a big demo, BUT - I'm having so much FUN!! Getting together with people and showing them new things is very rewarding to me. Plus I make enough money so that my hobby - no, my PASSION pays for itself. One of the coolest things I've done is to start a card ministry at my church. The church has always been sending out sympathy cards, get well, and birthday cards to seniors, as well as cards to shut-ins. Now all these cards are handmade by members of the congregation, and we have such fun when we get together! I really love teaching all the new to stamping people everyone helps contribute supplies, and being a demo helps me get my part more cheaply. I'm going to donate my retired cs to the group. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #151  
Rubber Obsessor

I would love to see the new catty if anyone is willing to share:-D Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #152  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnoliaView Post
You said your town was too small to generate good business, I think that has a lot to do with a demo's success. I live in a small town too, I am making my minimums but I don't think I'll ever earn many promotions or trips. I can't imagine ever being a big demo, BUT - I'm having so much FUN!! Getting together with people and showing them new things is very rewarding to me. Plus I make enough money so that my hobby - no, my PASSION pays for itself. One of the coolest things I've done is to start a card ministry at my church. The church has always been sending out sympathy cards, get well, and birthday cards to seniors, as well as cards to shut-ins. Now all these cards are handmade by members of the congregation, and we have such fun when we get together! I really love teaching all the new to stamping people everyone helps contribute supplies, and being a demo helps me get my part more cheaply. I'm going to donate my retired cs to the group. ;)
Carole,
Great idea! I used to have a card ministry at my former church...I could start one at my new church. Now I can sign up to be a new demo!! Thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #153  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I would challenge you to show me anyone who is making a living doing direct sales/multi-level marketing. By show me, I specifically mean I would like to see his or her Schedule C for at least two years that shows a profit on which one person can comfortably live. I don't mean antecdotal stories from MLM participants.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #154  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by plkelleyView Post
I would challenge you to show me anyone who is making a living doing direct sales/multi-level marketing. By show me, I specifically mean I would like to see his or her Schedule C for at least two years that shows a profit on which one person can comfortably live. I don't mean antecdotal stories from MLM participants.
I have a very close friend who is a Stampin' UP! demonstrator, a single Mom who has raised her two children solely on her income from Stampin' UP! She has been a demonstrator for 17 years and has worked incredibly hard, but has had no other income. I would be the first to say this is the exception rather than the rule, but I know it can be done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #155  
Stampin' Fool

Okay, sorry to veer off the money part of this discussion but what are stamp-a-stacks?

Oh and thanks Alicia for that story on your friend. That's quite an accomplishment, for anyone, but especially for a single mom! Love hearing these kinds of success stories
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #156  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
Okay, sorry to veer off the money part of this discussion but what are stamp-a-stacks?
The idea is the customer goes home with a stack of finished cards. For example, making 4 cards each of 10 designs. Usually you go from table to table to work on the cards, so there would be 10 stations set up in my example. Often the pieces are pre-cut, leaving you to stamp, emboss, embellish, and assemble.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #157  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakalahView Post
The idea is the customer goes home with a stack of finished cards. For example, making 4 cards each of 10 designs. Usually you go from table to table to work on the cards, so there would be 10 stations set up in my example. Often the pieces are pre-cut, leaving you to stamp, emboss, embellish, and assemble.
Thank you, Makalah.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #158  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I know someone who is a thirtyone rep. Her husband lost his job, but she managed to do so well with thirtyone that they were able to purchase a brand-new, built-for-them, house. And she's sending their daughter to private school.

At this point she's a senior executive of some type and doesn't even need to do parties any more.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #159  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I have been associated with three different DS companies - Pampered Chef, Longaberger & Avon. PC is the only one where I ever had true income. I sold it for about 10 years, and gave it up because I was tired of it. I didn't make a "living" on it because I did it in addition to my full time job. My directors (one retired) both did quite nicely, but only because they had huge downlines.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #160  
Insane Embellisher

I have NEVER known anyone who made a living at MLM/DS. There is someone in my area who gets the trips etc from SU but I go to her garage sale every year and she has LOTS of stuff..... makes me wonder if she buys just to get commission on her downline.
Here is what I think: in my community, you could MAYBE support yourself and a couple kids on 40K a year..... that is, if you have a free babysitter. Then you would have to buy health insurance on your own (minimum 12K a year) plus pay for dental care and any prescription medications because you are not getting insurance thru an employer. How much do you have to sell to make over 52K a year? Then add in the cost of going to sales meetings, conventions, etc.
I have known a LOT of people who have sold a LOT of things...... none have made any significant money.
I am a SU demo only for the discount. When it becomes difficult to meet the minimums, I won't do it anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes